Thirty-Nine

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol was shocked to say the least. His eyes followed the retreating small back of the younger who ran into the bedroom, the door being slammed closed. He stared blankly at the now closed door, his mind buzzing with different thoughts. ‘MyungSoo likes me? Since when? Why?’

 

“SungYeol,” his father’s soft voice made him look back to his father, seeing worry in those eyes. “Shouldn’t you go after him?” his father asked but SungYeol could only stare, the words and more exactly the hint for going after MyungSoo not sinking in. “I,” his voice trembled and he averted his eyes to look at the table. “I don’t know what to do,” he confessed to his father. SungYeol was afraid. Petrified of what he had to accept. Terrified of the consequences that would follow. “SungYeol,” his father spoke again softly and a hand landed on his shoulder. His father had stood up to walk to his side after seeing the distressed look and knew he had to step in. It was his fault because he had started it all. His son needed a push towards the right direction and he was ready to provide.

 

“It’s okay to like each other.”

 

When those words were said by his father, SungYeol woke up from his daze and was met with a soft gaze directed towards him. “Dad?” He asked, perplexed by those words, as it seemed that his father had figured out his feelings before he even had said anything. “SungYeol,” his father said again a bit more urgently and sat down after pulling the chair towards him to sit closer, taking his hands in his, he looked slightly regretful to him.  “I’m sorry I told you this...I thought,” his father sighed, knowing that what he believed was wrong. “I thought you two were already in that kind of relationship.” SungYeol shook fast his head, getting flustered. “We aren’t,” he said but then blinked because of those words. “Why did you think we are?” He questioned his father.

 

“Do you really want to know?”

 

SungYeol nodded and his father explained: “MyungSoo ran away before I could finish my sentence but,” he stared intensely at him. “How he looks at you is also the same way how you look at him. That’s when I thought you two were already in that kind of relationship, how I figured out your feelings for each other but...”  The rest of the sentence was unheard by SungYeol. “I like MyungSoo?” He asked in a whisper, the words sounding foreign to his ears but when his heart started to beat faster, he knew it was the truth.

 

“I can’t tell in your place if you like him or not, that is for you to decide what you feel in your heart but,” he looked sad. “I tried to run away from my own feelings and I did for a long time because I thought of you and your mother but eventually... I became unhappy even when I was doing the right thing. Those feelings I had for a man started to break the relationship between your mom and me thus we divorced in the end. But even after being divorced, I tried not to give in, until I realised I should do what makes me happy and not like a sheep follow what everyone else does because that’s what society expects from you...“

 

Dad,” SungYeol’s voice trembled, not knowing that his father went through so much difficulty. His father squeezed his shoulder as reply and to assure him that he was fine now. “I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to go through the same as I did, being unhappy before you realize what you want the most...there’s no need for that. There’s no need for any drama. There’s no need to run away from your feelings, you both can be happy.” After saying that his father stood up. “I’ll leave you alone now. Do what’s the right thing, son, I trust you.” his father gave him a pat on the back and a squeeze on the shoulder before he left, the door of the apartment opening and closing, leaving SungYeol on the chair behind. The words from his father reverberated in his mind. SungYeol wasn’t sure what he felt for MyungSoo. Was it a friendship in an extreme form of  was it more than friendship? He never had to think about this before so hearing all this from his father definitely started something in his mind and heart.

 

He couldn't think long because suddenly he heard noise in the bedroom, a cupboard opening and closing with a bang and in that moment he was afraid MyungSoo wanted to leave. Realizing how he could lose MyungSoo again, he didn’t want that.  His heart decided for him what to do and he jumped up to run fast into the bedroom, seeing MyungSoo, like he had thought,, throwing clothes and stuff in a backpack. “MyungSoo, stop!” SungYeol shouted, his voice breaking. He wanted to walk closer to the younger when he stopped dead in his tracks, seeing tears in the other’s eyes. MyungSoo had turned around for a few seconds to look at him before turning back. When SungYeol saw the tears...his heart broke.  

 

MyungSoo stopped packing yet didn’t look up, his hand curled up in a fist where a shirt was in his hands. SungYeol got a heavy heart when he saw the younger’s shoulders moving up and down, breaking SungYeol’s heart even more as it was clear that the other was crying and it was all his fault. SungYeol wanted to hug the younger to comfort him and before he knew it, he was led by instinct and crossed the room, wrapping his arms from the back around the younger who froze in his arms. “MyungSoo, I-” SungYeol started to say but MyungSoo interrupted him. “Your father is right,” MyungSoo whispered, silencing SungYeol who now listened with all his heart. “I...didn’t plan on telling you because I love the friendship we have and I didn’t want to endanger that but your father is right...I do look at you that way. I like you SungYeol. I’ve liked you since the beginning.” MyungSoo tried to move away but SungYeol held him tightly and didn't want to let him go. The confession that had come now out of MyungSoo’s mouth like it should have been from the beginning, he realized the other’s feelings for real now. “You’ve liked me since the beginning?” SungYeol questioned and the younger nodded nervously. “I do... But I know you aren’t into men.” MyungSoo tried to wriggle himself free. “Let me go!” The younger ordered. SungYeol however didn’t let go but leaned his head on MyungSoo’s shoulder to think. “S-SungYeol?” MyungSoo asked, surprised. The taller didn’t reply and instead thought about these words. He had to agree that MyungSoo was right as before the younger appeared into his life, he never looked at guys that way and he still looked at girls only. Yet, he couldn’t deny that he felt an attraction towards MyungSoo but he wasn’t sure yet what this pull towards MyungSoo was exactly but he wanted to find out...  

 

“You know what my father said to me after you ran away?” SungYeol whispered, getting nervous about what he needed to say. MyungSoo shook his head. “He said it’s okay to like each other...” SungYeol stopped speaking to take a breath. “...that how you look at me is the same way I look at you.” He pulled embarrassed away but to his surprise MyungSoo immediately turned around, eyes big in surprise, staring up at him. “You...like me?” Hearing that question, SungYeol got shy and looked down. When he heard MyungSoo asking that there was only one answer he wanted to give.  “I…” he finally looked up to lock eyes with the younger whom he knew wouldn’t be convinced without a real spoken confirmation.  “I do.”

 

The face MyungSoo then made was etched into his memory forever. At first there was surprise but then that slowly  made place for relief and being shocked about his answer. Wide-eyed the younger stared at SungYeol but then his eyes started shining with joy, a dazzling smile was then that followed, a smile only meant for him to see. The whole complete picture was something SungYeol saw for the first time but it wouldn’t be the last. Seeing this...he couldn’t help but to fall harder for the younger.

 

“SungYeol!” MyungSoo yelled happily and hugged the taller who froze but then hugged him hesitantly with one arm back, his own heart beating rapidly. “I like you MyungSoo but…” MyungSoo pulled away from him, his smile disappeared and sad eyes were looking at him as if he thought SungYeol had changed his mind. SungYeol knew he would be misunderstood so when MyungSoo stepped backwards to get away from him for the second time, SungYeol grabbed his hand to hold it. MyungSoo stared in surprise at the now entwined fingers before looking up to SungYeol who started blushing terribly, surprised of his own action. “I like you but...I’m not quite sure what this...this feeling is... I’m...I’m new to this...these feelings...I’ve never been with a guy...So, let’s take this slow.” he started stuttering his confession. “You’ll have to teach me a lot.” SungYeol finished with a laugh to ease his nervousness away. The younger stared stunned at him.  “You want to try this?” He questioned in a high voice, not believing this was happening for real. ”To be with me?”

 

SungYeol blushed even harder, embarrassed of hearing MyungSoo asking this.. “Yes. I want to try this.” he  replied and glanced shyly to the younger who stepped closer, finding confidence in that reply. MyungSoo placed a trembling hand on SungYeol’s cheek who leaned into the touch, closing his eyes, MyungSoo’s hands felt awfully soft and he liked that. He opened his eyes again after being caught up in the moment and saw MyungSoo staring fascinated at his face, eyes then drifting to his lips. “C-Can I kiss you?” MyungSoo whispered hopefully.

 

If SungYeol thought he couldn’t get embarrassed even more, that definitely did it. He nodded, heartbeat speeding up. “Yes.” SungYeol saw MyungSoo wetting his lips and closed his eyes, the sight doing things to him he didn’t even understand. He felt MyungSoo’s hand landing on his shoulder and he patiently waited for the next move which soon followed when MyungSoo’s other hand cupped SungYeol’s cheek, tilting his head a bit to the other side, to get better access to his lips. He waited and waited but when the kiss didn’t happen, he opened his eyes, wanting to bluntly ask MyungSoo where his kiss was, that MyungSoo pressed his lips onto his and he stared wide-eyed to the younger before fluttering his eyes closed and moving timidly his lips against MyungSoo’s soft ones. When he was kissed by MyungSoo….it was something entirely different than being kissed by his ex-girlfriend and he couldn’t fathom the feeling. After a few seconds MyungSoo pulled away from him but SungYeol stayed in place, eyes closed, perplexed how this had felt.

“SungYeol?” MyungSoo asked worried and SungYeol opened his eyes to look at the younger who looked angsty. “Are you alr-”

 

“Do it again,” SungYeol whispered, eyes intensively on MyungSoo who looked puzzled at him. “Do what again?” the younger questioned. SungYeol’s hazy eyes focussed on his lips. “Kiss me again.” he answered flustered. MyungSoo blushed but then nodded eagerly. “Okay,” he smiled and SungYeol himself stepped closer. The ual magnetism towards MyungSoo was undeniable, he wanted those lips back on his. He placed a hand on MyungSoo’s neck and for the first time he really looked at MyungSoo, only noticing now how the younger had these cute dimples when he smiled. ”Your dimples are cute,” SungYeol pointed out and when MyungSoo started to blush he was happy he had said this, MyungSoo was the cutest. MyungSoo smiled brightly at him, showing his dimples even more before closing the distance between them once again.

 

This time SungYeol’s own lips moved against the younger’s, at first timidly like the first time but then more sure about his actions. He wanted to keep kissing MyungSoo and so they kissed for a long time, neither wanted to stop until they had to break apart to take a breath. SungYeol’s hands settled on MyungSoo’s waist to held him close. MyungSoo’s eyes fluttered open, still in a daze and SungYeol’s heart skipped a beat. the younger’s eyes stayed on SungYeol’s lips, touching those with his fingers and SungYeol saw so much love in those eyes he wanted to bite MyungSoo’s finger to get away from the atmosphere that made him even more shy until MyungSoo spoke: “I can’t believe this,” he sighed happily.

 

SungYeol smiled hearing this and decided to forget what he wanted to do. “Thank you dad,” he said, referring to his father telling him about their feelings for each other while he wrapped his arms around the younger who did the same and nodded in agreement. The whole situation hadn’t been ideal but here they were now, confessed their feelings for each other, SungYeol gradually accepting it more and more but he knew there would be consequences like...his mother. “My mother will have now more reason to hate you.” SungYeol suddenly blurted out and MyungSoo pulled away to stare at the other in disbelief. “Why did you say that?” He pouted. SungYeol sighed and sat down on the bed. “Because of us,” he replied truthfully and MyungSoo got the gist and sat next to SungYeol. “Are you afraid of her?” MyungSoo asked. He slowly shook his head. “My mother can be scary but we’ve got my father’s back.” MyungSoo nodded with a small smile. “True…” he told and then fell silent.

 

Minutes of silence passed until SungYeol started to speak again. “What about your parents? How will they react?” This question made MyungSoo startled, his breath stocking. “M-My parents?” He stuttered. SungYeol nodded. “You told me your father threw you out...is the reason because you are gay?” MyungSoo stared wide-eyed at him, surprised at the forward question but then he nodded. “Y-yeah,” he replied and closed his eyes tightly for a few seconds before looking back at the other. “He caught me with a boy and disowned me, after that things got worse between him and me...and my mother and him...because she took my side, in the end I was forced to move out because of the situation at home.”   

 

“I’m sorry,” SungYeol said, immediately regretted he had asked this, seeing that it still caused some pain to the younger, of course being abandoned by one’s parents would always leave a scar. MyungSoo shook his head and moved closer, placing a hand on SungYeol’s shoulder who stared at him with sad eyes.  “You being there for me, gave reason for my existence.” The younger kissed SungYeol softly on the lips but when he wanted to pull away, SungYeol pressed his own lips softly back on his, trying to convey his feelings.

 

“You are the most important to me.” SungYeol confessed. As answer MyungSoo kissed SungYeol again, reciprocating those thoughts into that kiss. SungYeol wrapped his arms around the younger’s neck and lay down on the mattress, pulling the other down on top of him.  MyungSoo caressed his face, the taller blushing under that touch but didn’t pull away. MyungSoo gazed a long time into his eyes until his eyes went lower to his lips, touching those again with a smile on his face.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

MyungSoo locked eyes with SungYeol. “Thinking how I want to kiss you more.” He whispered, his finger on SungYeol’s bottom lip. SungYeol smiled. “I’m not stopping you.” The younger’s eyes focussed back on the taller’s lips and he leaned down to give in to his desire...

 

“Can I french kiss you?” MyungSoo whispered after another round of kissing each other breathless, again staring at his lips. SungYeol nodded, finding it a bit weird MyungSoo asked but decided not to ask why he did. SungYeol’s heart sped up when MyungSoo’s lips touched his but for another purpose now, he opened slowly his mouth to give MyungSoo access to his mouth and the younger immediately did. The other’s tongue dived inside his mouth and SungYeol didn’t wait long to do the same.  Their tongues touched each other slowly and sensually, teasing each other, both enjoying it to the fullest. SungYeol hands were on MyungSoo's shoulder and MyungSoo had his own hand on SungYeol's cheek, caressing his face while kissing and the other hand on SungYeol's hip, playing with his shirt.

 

It didn’t take long until the temperature started to rise in the bedroom that both their bodies started to react too but before it went too far, MyungSoo pulled away with pink cheeks. “I...need to work tomorrow, we better sleep now.” He said, staring down at the sheets like he was afraid to look at SungYeol. SungYeol wasn’t fully by his mind as he was still  in a daze yet he nodded, understanding what MyungSoo had said. MyungSoo then jumped off the bed to walk to the bathroom... SungYeol took some time to control his body, finding it a bit embarrassed how easily hard he had become when the kiss started to heat up. After things went literally down he changed into his pyjamas and then went inside the living-room to turn off all the lights before crawling in bed, waiting until MyungSoo would come out of the bathroom so he could brush his teeth and then go to sleep together.  

 

MyungSoo came out of the bathroom and SungYeol went inside to finish doing what he needed to do before joining the younger in bed.The second he lay down, MyungSoo wrapped immediately his arms around him and sniffed his scent in. “Good night, SungYeol.” MyungSoo whispered happily.

 

“Good night, MyungSoo"

...

"Wake me up tomorrow so we can eat breakfast together before you leave.”

 

SungYeol added the last sentence after a while and hoped MyungSoo heard him. He turned his head to face the younger who already had his eyes closed yet still nodded to let SungYeol know that he got the request. SungYeol turned his head back with a smile and they both fell asleep until the next morning.

 


A/N: 39 chapters later and here we have it, their first kiss! Long time coming...I'm just- surprised myself.
I hope you like the chapter?? ~ see you again in 2 weeks? Who knows...~^^
Thank you to those who comment, they make me smile. ♥
Thank you for reading. :3