Chapter Sixteen

Can't Be Tamed

That same morning

SungYeol got on the bus, looking for MyungSoo at the usual place but came to the conclusion that the younger wasn’t there. He didn’t really think much of it, as it could be that MyungSoo was just late or something and headed to the front, taking place in a seat, ignoring the girls who were waiting for MyungSoo in the back and now looked helpless, walking around and not knowing what to do while whispering to each other where the other would be.

“Is MyungSoo sick?” SungYeol looked up and followed her with his eyes when she sat down next to him. “Good morning, Soo Ji,” he said and gave her a small smile,“I don’t think he’s sick…just late.”

“Oh,” Soo Ji replied and looked back in front of her, her hands in her lap of her blue dress, her fingers twiddling with a loosened thread which she tried to hide. “Y-You’re SungYeol, right?”

Said male looked surprised up and met her shy smile. He nodded enthusiastically. “I am, I didn’t know you know my name!” She stared at him. “I heard it when you two talked to each other.” She explained.

SungYeol nodded again but then she got up. “Tell MyungSoo I said hi,” SungYeol watched her getting out of the bus before he also got up when he saw that an old couple who came on the bus wanted to sit down and no one else made a move to get up.

At school, he talked with DongWoo, Hoya and their friends until the school-bell rang and they had to go to class. SungYeol expected to find MyungSoo there, sleeping…which wasn’t the case. Immediately he felt worried and that feeling only started to grow when MyungSoo didn’t appear at all and he got his first absence noted down, even surprising the homeroom teacher.

“Where’s MyungSoo?” DongWoo asked, leaning on SungYeol’s desk, staring at the other who was putting away his stuff to go back home or more precisely to check up on MyungSoo.

“I’ve no idea,” SungYeol admitted and sighed, checking his phone if he already got a reply from MyungSoo as he had sent the younger multiple messages during the day to ask where the other was but didn’t get an answer.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” SungYeol said after making up his mind and ran past DongWoo to get to the bus, going to MyungSoo’s place.

He was out of breath after running from the bus stop to the latter’s apartment and after ringing the doorbell a lot of times, even yelling MyungSoo’s name to his window and no one opened, he felt more anxious than ever.  ‘Where is MyungSoo?’

“Who are you searching for?” An older woman asked who approached, apparently living in the building.

“MyungSoo, you know him?” He asked and looked expectantly to the female but she shook her head hesitantly before she seemed to remember something. “Wait…MyungSoo?…That name…I heard the landlord saying something about him moving out if he doesn’t pay by tonight.”

SungYeol was perplexed. ‘Paying rent? Moving out? What the hell did MyungSoo get into.’

“Thanks,” SungYeol bowed fast before running away, not knowing where he had to go, but with the things he heard…he knew MyungSoo was out, searching for a job and would probably get in trouble.

SungYeol searched the whole area but MyungSoo was nowhere to be seen. The taller tried for the last time the other’s apartment but even when he could get inside (the lady from before let him) and knocked on the said male’s door, there was no answer nor sound at all: MyungSoo wasn’t there.

The taller felt like crying, he was so worried, there was no expression that could say how much he cared for MyungSoo and hoped the other would be alright and wouldn’t do something stupid.

His phone went off and immediately he grabbed his phone, thinking it would be MyungSoo but…it was his mother. “Hi, mom,” he said tiredly and swallowed hard to get the sad feeling away. “…Yes, I’ll go home now, I was at MyungSoo’s,” he lied and sighed before ending the conversation, making his way back home, looking out if the other wouldn’t appear but…it didn’t happen.

The next day, there was again no MyungSoo on the bus nor in the school. The younger even didn’t answer his calls as it went directly to voice mail.

SungYeol became more and more depressed with each passing day. He didn’t even want to spend time with DongWoo and Hoya who let him alone because a gloomy SungYeol wasn’t fun to be with.

It was lunch break and he was the last one to get out of class, homeroom teacher already long gone after giving them a pile of homework for tomorrow. He passed the staffroom when he heard something that made him stop and silently listen at the door that was ajar.

“Have you found Kim MyungSoo, yet?” He heard a teacher ask and he hold his breath, not wanting to miss anything from this conversation. He heard his homeroom teacher sigh and knew this wasn’t anything good.

“I’ve found him, he’s working in a club.”

“He’s what?!”

“Quiet, I haven’t told the principal yet, that’s not the worst part, the worst part is in what kind of club.”

“So?”

“Paradise.”

“What?! Seriously? You have to get him out of there!!”

“I tried talking to him but they said he -”

SungYeol got startled when he heard footsteps approaching and ran fast away, heart beating fast.

‘Paradise,’ he mumbled to himself and walked to the cafeteria, sitting down alone at a table as the others were already gone (not that he was looking for them). He thought about the name, but it didn’t ring any bell, well he wasn’t a club-person to begin with. He wanted to ask DongWoo if he knew “Paradise,” but he also didn’t want to let the others know as “Paradise” seemed something bad, hearing the teachers talk about it.

He placed his tray away, helping the staff lady who got too much trays, to bring them to the kitchen and walked out of the cafeteria after he was done, “Paradise” holding his mind the whole time busy. He needed to know what kind of club this was and he needed to get MyungSoo out there if it really was bad news.

Lunch break was over and a new school period started but SungYeol decided to skip and ran after jumping over the fence to a PC bang nearby to surf on the internet to know where said club was. When he entered the information on Naver he could only stare and blink to see if his eyes weren’t deceiving him.

Paradise is an outlet for your entertainment. Enjoy all the hot males dancing for you and if you want…even more service.
Saturday: Come listen to our freshly added talented handsome singer.

SungYeol didn’t have to think twice to know who the talented singer would be. He immediately scribbled down the address, figuring out he had to take two subways.

He closed everything and leaned his head on the table, muting out the guys around him playing games and shouting things to each other through their headphones.

“MyungSoo,” he mumbled, “what did you get yourself into?” The taller sighed and shoved his chair backwards, some guys glared at him as this took them out of their concentration but SungYeol just walked away, heading out to breath in some fresh air. He didn’t want to go back to school and took the subway to Hangang Park instead, to sit down on the big white stairs, looking in the distance on his left playing kids with water and parents watching their kids with a big smile as this was free and no money would be spend unless they wanted to eat something.

‘Should I  go to MyungSoo tonight? But what then, if even a teacher couldn’t bring him back to school…what could I do? How could I help the other? Did MyungSoo need money? I have money on my saving account’

He had actually quite a lot, money he had saved up by doing jobs during all the vacation to pay for his university in some years but if it was needed…he would give it to MyungSoo.

SungYeol sighed and got up to take a walk, clearing out his mind while thinking of the things he had to do. ‘Maybe I should ask DongWoo to come with me,' as he wasn’t sure if they would let him into the club.

“No,” he shook his head after thinking it over. ‘First I’ll try alone and if they don’t let me in…I’ll ask help from Dongwoo and Hoya.’

So said so done, he wandered around the city until it was night before he headed to the subway to go to Itaewon. 

 


A/N : SungYeol to the rescue...or not? xD
What do you think will hapen? Leave suggestions.
Yes..."Paradise" indeed isn't a normal club.

Wasn't this a fast update? I'll concentrate on writing only on this fanfiction, today^^ 

P.S.: I'm using my own experience in Seoul to describe places, keke.

Thank you for reading and subscribing! I hope you enjoyed the chapter.♥