Chapter Twenty-Two

Can't Be Tamed

MyungSoo didn’t know what to expect when he read that message from the taller on DongWoo’s phone.

Why would SungYeol come here?
Didn’t the other told them in the car that he was grounded?
Wasn’t SungYeol then supposed to be at home?
What does SungYeol have to tell me?

Those were all thoughts he had when DongWoo came back in the living-room, munching on something he found in the fridge while his mother shouted towards the older that they would eat in an hour to which DongWoo just shrugged as an answer as he had been hungry and couldn’t wait an hour. The door fell close, DongWoo watched MyungSoo, his eyes going to his own phone, realizing he left it unguarded  and he walked fast over towards his phone as if there was one big secret in it. He grabbed the phone, trying to act nonchalantly about it while looking with a frown at the screen before looking at the younger. “SungYeol is coming over,” he informed MyungSoo who already knew this but nodded as if this was new information. DongWoo sat back down next to him and the next hour was spend by DongWoo frantically messaging with whoever he was talking to while MyungSoo tried to concentrate on the show he was watching but drifted again off in thoughts.

DongWoo’s mother came in the living-room, telling that dinner was almost ready and she asked DongWoo to help setting the table which the other immediately did. Dinner was great, DongWoo’s mother talked with DongWoo and MyungSoo about every day stuff, except when she asked DongWoo about school the past week, MyungSoo heard about stuff he had missed and had this longing to go back to school, to be back a “normal” teenager and not to worry about money and getting his own place...No, he had to find a job so he could support himself.

“MyungSoo,” she turned now her attention on him when DongWoo took his phone to answer the message he received. “Are you still taking pictures?” She asked totally out of the blue yet with a smile and MyungSoo sighed softly when he remembered what happened with his camera, his pictures, just everything. “I do...yeah.” He said as an answer, not wanting to tell her more.  Everything was gone and now he had to work to get his own place and after getting his own place his plan was to save money to buy a new camera. He loved taking pictures and this wasn’t something he wanted to give up...ever.

DongWoo disappeared from the table after helping cleaning the table, leaving only MyungSoo and other’s mother who tried to cheer MyungSoo up as she had seen that the subject made him sad for some reason. She just went to the sink to wash the glasses when a voice made himself surprisingly known.

“MyungSoo!” SungYeol came barging into the back-door, DongWoo’s mother not really afraid that someone just appeared through the private entrance of her house, already used to this behaviour of the other. SungYeol noticed mom Jang and bowed, smiling to her. “Good evening, mom Jang.” She smiled and nodded. “Good evening, SungYeol, how are you doing?” SungYeol answered that he was doing fine before he sat down in front of MyungSoo who had been watching him since the minute the taller came in. DongWoo’s mother felt that she had to leave them alone and retreated to the living-room, hogging the television for the evening.

“Hi,” SungYeol started after the door was closed and MyungSoo muttered also a hi, his eyes still curious. “Why are you-“

“Where’s DongW-“

Both spoke at the same time and they both looked at each other curious. “DongWoo is upstairs.” MyungSoo then answered. SungYeol nodded and got up from the chair. “I have to tell him something, I’ll be right back.” He ran fast out of the kitchen, leaving MyungSoo behind with even more questions.

The taller ran up the stairs and knocked on DongWoo’s door where a red painted “keep out.” welcomed him. A faint “come in,” was heard and SungYeol walked inside, seeing DongWoo’s room in a mess, he jumped over some piles of clothes not wanting to break his neck and walked towards the other who was sitting behind his computer yet immediately turned the screen off when he heard footsteps approaching.

“Hyung, MyungSoo and I will be gone for a while,” he said to DongWoo who turned around, wanting to know more but when he saw that SungYeol already was stepping back to the door, he knew that the other didn’t want to tell him, but that was okay as he would know later anyway. “Okay, have fun,” he said, turning his screen back on when SungYeol was gone to be greeted by another curious face. “I’m really curious what happened this weekend.”

DongWoo scoffed. “You had to be here then.” The other laughed and when DongWoo wanted to tell the other what happened this weekend, another voice was heard on the background. “Hoya, are you coming? We have to go.” DongWoo saw Hoya smiling which he didn’t like one bit. “I’ll be right there,  In-Guk, “ he turned back to DongWoo. “I have to go now,  tell me Monday, okay?” ...

 

SungYeol ran to the kitchen where MyungSoo was still waiting for the other. “Do you have time to go out for a while?” He asked the younger who luckily nodded and after telling DongWoo’s mother they would be gone for a while - DongWoo’s mother making MyungSoo promise that he would come back - they went on their way.

They sat on the bus after taking the subway at DongWoo’s home to get on the right bus. SungYeol was looking at a group of girls, poking MyungSoo, asking which one of the girl he would want to date to which MyungSoo didn’t answer and just stared outside so SungYeol soon gave up.

SungYeol’s phone buzzed,  the taller fished his phone out of his pocket and read the message that apparently came from his mother, MyungSoo who was sitting next to him, leaned closer to also read what she said, his eyes growing wide when he read how angry the other’s mother was.

“Why did you come?” He asked turning his eyes from the phone to SungYeol who jumped a little in surprise with that question. “What do you mean?” He asked, confused while stuffing his phone back in his pocket, the message unanswered.

“Aren’t you grounded?” MyungSoo asked and SungYeol nodded with a sigh. “Yes, I am.”

MyungSoo kept watching him. “You should go back home, if you tell your mother you just needed to take a walk then-“

“MyungSoo, I’m already gone for a whole day.” SungYeol answered and the younger opened his mouth to say something but closed it again, eyebrows furrowed. “A day?” He asked, clearly lost of what was happening right now.

SungYeol nodded. “I had...stuff to do.” MyungSoo wanted to know more but when SungYeol grabbed his wrist to pull him fast from the bus before they would miss their stop, MyungSoo’s heart hammered and he forgot about the subject. He started looking around the neighbourhood only when the other let him go, MyungSoo remembered this place and the more they walked, the more he wondered why they were going back to his old apartment, yet when they came across the street where they had to turn right, SungYeol crossed that street and kept walking straight.

The taller only stopped in front of a typical storage complex, typing in a password to which the doors opened. MyungSoo tailed behind as he had no other choice than to do so as the other kept walking, without waiting for the younger. They went through passages where the light automatically and had to go one small stairs down until SungYeol finally stopped in front of a small storage room. He took out a small key that fitted right into the lock and after the lock was removed, SungYeol moved the roll-down shutter up, revealing a dark place.

“Where’s the light,” SungYeol mumbled and stepped inside, his fingers gliding over the wall until he found something that looked like a switch. “Got it,” SungYeol said happily.

MyungSoo shielded his eyes for the light until he got used to it and watched box after box in the small place, turning to SungYeol who kept watching him. “What is this?” He asked bewildered.

SungYeol took a deep breath. “A week ago when you didn’t come to school, I went searching for you.” MyungSoo’s heart warmed up with those words to think that SungYeol actually looked for him. “I  went back to your apartment after some days, finding the owner packing up your stuff...” MyungSoo’s eyes immediately went to the boxes, hearing SungYeol ‘s soft laugh. “Yeah, this is your stuff.”

MyungSoo’s eyes went wide and he ran fast towards the boxes, opening box after box, finding all his stuff, from his used toothbrush to his valuable camera. “You did this for me?” He yelled surprised and stared at SungYeol who nodded shyly.

MyungSoo blinked, trying to process the information. “Why?” He continued to ask, forcing the tears back in his eyes that threatened to come out. SungYeol came closer after he heard the change in MyungSoo’s voice.

“Hey, don’t cry,” he said with a laugh and placed his arm around the younger to console him. “Aren’t you happy?” SungYeol asked and the other nodded, still not looking up to the other. “But why would you do this?” He mumbled, wanting to hear an answer from the other while the information that buzzed around in his head tried to take a place.

SungYeol was quiet for a while as if he had to think about this, his unexplained feelings tried to come to surface but SungYeol pushed them deeper in his mind . “Because you’re my friend and I like you.”

MyungSoo bit his under-lip while his eyes went through the content of a particular box. “That’s all?” He asked a little harder when his eyes located something in the box that wasn’t a pleasant memory at all. SungYeol’s arm fell from the other’s shoulder, taken aback with the change. “What do you mean?” He asked now confused.

MyungSoo’s attitude changed in a second. He grabbed something in the box and clenched his hand around it in anger. “You shouldn’t have done this. I didn’t ask for your help, did I?” He asked, turning to SungYeol with hard eyes.

“MyungSoo...”

“I don’t need your pity!” He said and wanted to turn around to leave this place when SungYeol grabbed his wrist. “It’s not pity, stupid! It’s friendship! Can’t a friend care for his friend?” He shouted while the younger tried to break free from SungYeol’s hold. “A friend would make sure if what he did was the right thing!” He yelled as a response and SungYeol dropped his hand from the other’s wrist. “You don’t think this is the right thing?” He asked sadly. MyungSoo shook fast his head, hating that he had hurt SungYeol.

“I don’t mean THIS...” he motioned fast his hand around the room full of boxes while clenching the object harder in his hand until he let it fall on the floor. “I mean that,” he stared at SungYeol who looked from MyungSoo’s pointed finger to the ground where MyungSoo’s scattered phone was lying.

“I don’t get it...” the taller said with a frown and looked back to the younger who decided to tell the other once and for all what bothered him already in the beginning. “You...trying to get me a girlfriend...I don’t know what gave you the idea that I wanted that but-“

“I’m sorry,” SungYeol whispered catching MyungSoo off guard as he didn’t expect this to happen. They locked eyes and SungYeol truly looked sorry. “I know I shouldn’t have done that, I’m sorry MyungSoo.” MyungSoo’s anger flew away just like that while he kept staring at the other, not really knowing what to say anymore.

SungYeol sighed deeply. “I wanted to make you happy and I thought getting you a girlfriend would help-”

MyungSoo shook fast his head. “It doesn’t-“

“I know,” SungYeol replied hastily. They both looked at each other until SungYeol averted his eyes. “I guess the things I try to do, making you happy aren’t really working out, huh?” He said to which MyungSoo shook fast his head. “You do make me...happy,” he breathed out, making the other look surprised up. “I do?” SungYeol shrieked which made the other laugh. “You do, just by being yourself.” SungYeol’s heart pounded  harder by those words and he smiled idiotically to the other who smiled likewise back...

 

“MyungSoo, let’s go back to school.” SungYeol said to the other after they walked away from the storage complex, they key now in MyungSoo’s pants. MyungSoo stopped to look at the other, regretting what he had to say next.”I can’t, SungYeol, I need to earn money to-“

“Please, MyungSoo, come back to school with me for one week, you don’t know how bored I was without you. I...miss you.” SungYeol said the last part in a whisper.

SungYeol didn’t feel like he was ready to tell MyungSoo he found a place for the other, he had to wait for the right time and now after how mad MyungSoo had been, now was not the right time.

MyungSoo’s heart skipped a beat, thinking about that proposal. One week going back to school with SungYeol, feeling again how it is to be a normal teenager and move the worry aside that he needed to support himself. He had left a whole life to work, find a job and find a place while high school...

“Okay,” he said to the taller who smiled brightly. “Great!” The other exclaimed. “I’ll see you tomorrow then, okay?” MyungSoo nodded with a smile and then they parted as SungYeol had to take the bus and MyungSoo the subway to go back to DongWoo’s place.

When MyungSoo arrived back at DongWoo’s place with a big smile on his face, a smile he couldn’t wipe off no matter how hard he tried (he didn’t really try) DongWoo who was sitting in the couch, not in the best mood, saw this and got curious. “Was it fun?” MyungSoo just nodded and skipped to the kitchen, making DongWoo frown at the sight but knowing how they were not in good papers, he couldn’t exactly ask the other what was going on and continued watching television, thinking about Hoya and that guy InGuk, Hoya hanged around with every weekend.  

 


A/N: Such a long chapter, I hope you like it. I couldn't divide it into two chapters, so yeah, it's long now. ♥
You all have no idea (unless you follow me on twitter) how much problems I had with this chapter for the past week.
But last night the solution came to me and I think - while writing the next chapter in my head - this came out pretty good.
Please leave me your thoughts! ^^ 

preview of the next chapter:
MyungYeol will go back to school together.
SungYeol has to find the right time to tell MyungSoo that he found a place for the other... 
DongWoo is jealous on Hoya who's spending a lot of time with In-Guk...
Why is he jealous? Does he feel something for the other or is it just bromance and he feels left out?
Will this be maybe the way how MyungSoo and DongWoo can get back close, as they share something in common? 

This will all be answered in the next chapter in two weeks~ 

For those who are waiting for WooHyun...
Soon, I don't know if it'll be the next chapter or later, WooHyun will make a brief appearance (for now) and so will someone else.

There's still a lot to tell so hopefully you won't get bored while waiting.~