Chapter Fourteen

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol’s father drove MyungSoo that evening back home, MyungSoo said his goodbye, bowing and thanking the father that he could come with them. He stepped with one foot out of the car before looking over to SungYeol who was in the front seat, to see what the other would do.

“SungYeol, I’ll bring you home, it’s already late and tomorrow it’s school,” SungYeol’s father said while turning his head to look at his son even before the taller could open his mouth.
Said male looked panicked as he didn’t think about this at all and just wanted to get out of the car. “That’s okay, dad, my…stuff is with MyungSoo, I’ll just take the bus,” he said but his father however didn’t take a no for an answer.  “I’ll wait here, go get your stuff, your mom asked me to bring you back home,” his voice was firm, indicating that SungYeol had to go with him and that it was final (otherwise he would get in problems with his mother).

The taller sighed and stepped out of the car, following MyungSoo up to his apartment who opened the door and sat down in the couch, watching SungYeol take his stuff.

“Are you sure, you’ll be alright?” SungYeol asked, worried about the younger with the things that happened last night. MyungSoo smiled softly. “I will, don’t worry SungYeol….hyung.” SungYeol nodded, sighing deeply when he heard his father honking downstairs, he didn’t want to leave at all. “I’ll see you tomorrow… bye,” he added hesitantly and waved before he was gone… 

Later that evening, SungYeol was lying in his bed, thinking about MyungSoo and if the other was alright. His mother had tried, the minute SungYeol placed his stuff down, to find out why SungYeol slept again with MyungSoo yesterday night and if the taller had been nice to MyungSoo’s parents, SungYeol just had nodded as he still couldn’t and didn’t want to tell his mother MyungSoo was living alone. His mother didn’t have to know everything, he could have some privacy in the things he did, right? 

“What are you doing?” He messaged to MyungSoo and placed his phone next to him on the pillow, shortly after he received a message back. “Nothing much, you?”

SungYeol held the phone above his head, thinking what he had to reply.  He typed in his answer and brought the phone down to see what he actually had typed. “I’m in bed, I was thinking about you,” only now he realized how wrong this actually sounded and wanted to erase it when he accidentally pressed send instead.

He dropped the phone which landed on his face…and moaned in agony. While sitting up to rub his face, his phone vibrated. He looked down at it, slowly picking it back up, his heart racing faster to see what MyungSoo’s reply on this weird-sounding message was.

“I’m also thinking about you…” SungYeol blinked a few times when he read those words over and over again, not noticing how hard he started to smile, he fell asleep while staring at those words, not even thinking why he actually had messaged MyungSoo in the first place.

The next morning, SungYeol got on the bus, seeing MyungSoo surrounded by the usual stalker-girls. He sat down next to MyungSoo who lent him one of his headphones. They listened to music and SungYeol glanced sometimes at the girls around  them, thinking about those girls. They were nice looking, they worshipped MyungSoo…couldn’t one of them become a girlfriend of MyungSoo?

He looked from one girl to the other, trying to pick a suitable girlfriend for the younger. She had to be pretty (they almost all were) she had to be nice (he wasn’t sure of this) she had to talk a lot (as MyungSoo didn’t say a lot at all)… One girl particularly jumped in his view, she had long wavy hair, innocent face, sometime a playful smile on her face, she was always talking with another girl next to her… she seemed perfect.

The girl noticed SungYeol staring at her and looked back with questioning eyes until SungYeol averted his eyes and didn’t dare to look at her again as she could also be pretty intimidating he thought. Those girls got off the bus when they reached their stop and only then MyungSoo removed his headphones to place them in his lap, sighing, glad that those girls finally were gone.

MyungSoo didn’t get it why they kept surrounding him, he never made eye-contact with one of them, he never showed interest in any of them, he even never talked to them! Why did they still try?

It was useless, MyungSoo would never fall for a girl, he rather preferred a firm torso than smooth skin and curves which made him shiver in disgust when he thought about it.  

SungYeol (sadly enough as he couldn’t read MyungSoo’s thoughts) started to make a plan to let that particular girl talk with MyungSoo and…he got his opportunity the next morning.

The bus was crowded and while he made his way towards MyungSoo who was looking up at him with an expecting smile, waiting for the older to sit down…SungYeol bumped into the girl (pretending there was a sudden movement and that he lost his balance) and pushed the girl down next to MyungSoo. The girl fell on top of MyungSoo who froze completely.

“I’m sorry!” The girl apologized and scrambled back up to sit in the other seat. MyungSoo didn’t say anything and just stared outside, trying to shake the feeling off that a girl just fell on top of him.

“Hey, I said something,” the girl  stared at him but the other still didn’t make an effort to look at her. “Ya!” She poked MyungSoo and MyungSoo who got annoyed with her turned to look at her, making the girl flush when they looked each other in the eyes. “Fine, you’re sorry,” he turned back after giving SungYeol a foul glare as if he knew SungYeol pushed the girl and leaned back against the window.

The girl wasn’t impressed by MyungSoo’s cold nature and stuck out her hand. “I’m Bae Soo Ji,” she smiled at MyungSoo who opened his eyes and looked to her hand like she had some disease, that’s what he hoped he was expressing but others saw MyungSoo being dumbstruck by the pretty girl that he couldn’t even say a word.

“He’s MyungSoo, Kim MyungSoo.” SungYeol answered in the younger’s place, coming to his rescue and even winked to MyungSoo as if the other really had needed his help.

Immediately, girls around them started whispering MyungSoo’s name.

‘They stalked him but didn’t even know his name?’ SungYeol shook his head with that realization that they definitely weren’t the smartest and that maybe he had been wrong to choose one of them.

Soo Ji nodded and kept staring at MyungSoo, waiting for the other to shake her hand. “You’re supposed to say your own name back,” she fired at him and MyungSoo just shrugged. “You know my name,” he placed his head back uninterested against the window and closed his eyes, hoping that the girl would soon leave him. She did…only after reaching her own stop and bugging MyungSoo with questions he never answered.

“Why didn’t you sit next to me?” MyungSoo said angrily to SungYeol when they got off the bus, walking on the usual pavement to the school grounds. “I wanted to…” SungYeol started to lie” …but I lost my balance, it wasn’t my intention, honestly,” he smiled his big gum smile at MyungSoo and the other couldn’t stay mad, he grumbled something under his nose and decided to forget what SungYeol did, thinking it would be the only time….but he was wrong.

The next week SungYeol pushed Soo Ji always back down next to MyungSoo with some excuses that she looked tired, that he didn’t want to sit down, that she should hear one song on MyungSoo’s music-player. Soo Ji always grabbed that opportunity and tried to talk to MyungSoo but the younger who started to get very angry with SungYeol never hold a conversation longer than a minute with her although he did let her listen to the song SungYeol wanted her to listen to.

SungYeol sighed (MyungSoo left him (shouting to leave him alone included) to sleep in the class) and hid his head in his hands on the table in the library while running his hand through his hair in frustration.

DongWoo and Hoya looked at each other confused - SungYeol had just barged inside the library storming to their table without saying anything - behind their books before DongWoo placed a hand on SungYeol’s arm. “What’s wrong?” He asked worriedly, placing the book he was reading down.

“Why is it so hard?!” SungYeol whined.

DongWoo and Hoya exchanged glances. “What do you mean?” Hoya asked.

SungYeol stared at Hoya and then to DongWoo. “Why is it so hard to get MyungSoo a girlfriend?” He whined and placed his head back on the table, murmuring something the two couldn’t understand.

DongWoo and Hoya now looked shocked (DongWoo let Hoya in the secret about the fight he had with MyungSoo and the reason.)

“You…are trying to get MyungSoo a girlfriend while he-“ DongWoo started to say until Hoya kicked him under the table to shut him up, shaking almost invisible his head just when SungYeol looked up to stare at the older.

“I’m trying to get MyungSoo a girlfriend, yes.” SungYeol smiled, clearly proud with his plan but then his expression fell when he thought that it was such a fail.

“W-Why?” DongWoo stuttered and SungYeol answered. “Because I want to make him happy, love will make him happy and he deserves to be happy.” 

“SungYeol, come with me, I need your help!” Kris shouted from across the library, making the librarian look mad at them both, pointing angrily to the sign to keep quiet. SungYeol left and Hoya and DongWoo were staring at each other in utter disbelieve.

“Why didn’t MyungSoo tell him that he’s-“ Hoya kicked him again and shook his head while looking around to see if someone could hear them.

“MyungSoo should tell SungYeol himself, it’s no use if we tell it, don’t you think?” Hoya said and DongWoo shrugged. “I guess…” He grabbed his book back to start reading again while he thought about MyungSoo and why he hadn’t told SungYeol.

MyungSoo went to work that evening, his mood wasn’t the best because he didn’t like it one bit what SungYeol was doing, he wondered why SungYeol was doing this, did SungYeol like Soo Ji? Then why did the taller push her always next to him.

MyungSoo sighed for the nth time that evening and Daniel came standing next to him. “If I got a dollar for every time you sighed, I would be rich.” MyungSoo stared at him while he was making some espresso. “You can’t use it in this country though,” he replied, making Daniel roll his eyes. “You know what I mean.” He pushed MyungSoo aside to make his own order while leaning closer. “Do you see those two girls there?” MyungSoo looked up to see two girls at one table, happily talking to each other. “Yes?” He asked. Daniel placed the two cups down. “Don’t you think they are pretty?” MyungSoo bit his lip and just nodded, keeping his head down. “Great,” Daniel only answered, wanting to walk away but MyungSoo stopped him. “Why?” Daniel just laughed. “You’ll see,” he winked and this time really left, walking with the two cups to those girls.

The whole evening he didn’t think about it anymore, too busy not to fall over his own shoes and making sure the customers were happy.

“MyungSoo!” Daniel shouted and ran to him. The younger just put his things away after his shift was  done in his locker and closed it. “What?” Daniel leaned against the locker next to him. “How about we go out tonight, it’s Friday!” MyungSoo stared at him, confused and Daniel continued fast. “Please, I got these two girls agreeing to have a drink together with us.” MyungSoo now understood the situation. Here he was again, put in a situation where he had to spend time with girls he didn’t even like. Daniel looked with puppy eyes to him and MyungSoo melted for his friend. “Fine,” he thought, thinking that a drink wouldn’t be that bad.

The girls being called Krystal and HyunA were fun girls to be with until Krystal placed a hand on his thigh and moved slightly up. ‘So this was her motive.’ MyungSoo thought with a grimace and looked at HyunA who also had her hand on Daniel’s thigh but Daniel didn’t mind it at all. When the two girls left for the bathroom, Daniel leaned closer to him. “I think I’m taking HyunA to my place tonight, will you take Krystal to yours?” MyungSoo could only stare at Daniel. “No,” he said fast, maybe a little too fast as Daniel cocked his eyebrows. “You don’t like Krystal?” MyungSoo shook his head. ‘That’s right I haven’t told Daniel about my preference yet.’ He looked at Daniel who was waiting for his reply. ‘I don’t think Daniel would accept it.’ He sighed. “She’s nice but I’m tired.” Daniel leaned back. “Okay, suit yourself.” The girls came back and soon after Daniel made clear what he wanted, HyunA went away with him, leaving MyungSoo alone with Krystal. “I think I’m going to go, now.” Krystal looked surprised as if she didn’t expect this to happen at all. “Oh, okay,” she nodded and smiled. “Good night, MyungSoo, it was nice talking to you.” MyungSoo nodded and left.

While walking home he thought about what Daniel did. He didn’t like this one bit, people trying to couple him up with someone, especially a girl. Should he scream it from the top that he didn’t like girls that way? His mood was even more ruined when he got home, ready to take a shower and  got a message from DongWoo.  


A/N : Hii everyone, I'm soo sorry it took me this long to update. (to make up for it, this is a long chapter.)
I'm back in my little country Belgium after spending two weeks in Seoul and it was awesome!
I'm definitely going back there, hopefully again this year. But first...INFINITE world tour! DAEBAK!

I hope this chapter was to your liking, (I have only slept 7 hours after being 40 hours awake so there could be some mistakes, if there are, point them out please.)
I had to think really hard (the chapter was already more than two weeks ready but I edited and re-wrote) what I want to happen and when I write, even when I want things to progress fast (between MyungSoo and SungYeol) and want to get fast to the plot: MyungYeol/WooYeol, my mind doesn't let me want to take things fast. TT__TT
Thank you for reading <3