Chapter Twenty

Can't Be Tamed

“Here’s a pillow, you can sleep in my room. I’ll be right back with a blanket.”

 

MyungSoo sighed and turned around, a shill went down his spine after he recognized the room he was standing in. He didn’t want to be here, but there was no other choice that’s what was made him clear in the car.

 

“Do you have a place to sleep?” SungYeol asked after a short minute of silence, DongWoo glanced at MyungSoo in his rear view window who tried his best to move out of the other’s sight. The younger  thought about it but then shook his head. “I don’t...,” he sighed, “...I lost my apartment and all my stuff,” when SungYeol heard that he opened his mouth but closed it again, 'lightbulb'. “but that’s okay...I’ll find something.” MyungSoo continued with a faint smile.

SungYeol shook his head hearing that, “...won’t do,” he grabbed his phone to text someone, sighing deeply when he got a reply back and he turned to face MyungSoo. “I-I texted my mother to ask if you can sleep over but she...” SungYeol looked sad and gulped, already fearing what would happen after he went home and faced his mother. “...she just  found out about me skipping school and I’m grounded  for the rest of the weekend.” MyungSoo’s eyes widened. “You skipped school?”He shrieked. SungYeol laughed with the other’s reaction - as if MyungSoo didn’t just skip a whole week of school -but didn’t answer him instead turned to DongWoo. “Can’t he sleep at your place, DongWoo-hyung?” Before MyungSoo could even answer that he didn’t want to sleep there, DongWoo’s hesitantly voice said okay and that was enough for the taller. “You’re sleeping over at DongWoo’s tonight.” He ordered MyungSoo who could only accept that idea as SungYeol’s eyes were intense and determined.

 

MyungSoo slowly went to the mattress to sit down and looked around, his eyes falling on the clothes, these clothes were also very familiar-

 

“Here’s the blanket,” MyungSoo looked up and met DongWoo’s eyes who had a big cover in his arms, the older placed it down next to MyungSoo before he hesitated to get up as he kept looking at MyungSoo.  “MyungSoo-ah I...” MyungSoo averted his eyes. “Don’t,” he said, already feeling that DongWoo wanted to talk about the things that happened in the past but now was not the time, now he didn’t want to talk about the things that happened. DongWoo had hurt him in the past and even it was stupid to be hurt about that forever...MyungSoo wasn’t ready to let that feeling go.

 

DongWoo nodded understandingly and turned around to go to the door but then he came back, looking from the mattress to his bed, opening his mouth. “You...can sleep in my bed if you want... because I’ll sleep downstairs.”

 

The younger didn’t say anything and when the door finally closed, MyungSoo sighed and turned his eyes to look at the clothes he got from DongWoo. It took him some digging in his memory to know that this were his own clothes, more exactly an outfit he wore when coming over in the past. They had played in the garden and got all dirty, DongWoo then promised to wash them and return them the next morning...yet he forgot to bring them to school that next morning and the morning after and the morning after and then MyungSoo simply forgot to ask the clothes back.

 

He sighed and grabbed the pants and the sweater, placed them next to the mattress and crawled under the blanket, staring at the ceiling for a while, repeating the actions in his head that happened before he got in the car.

 

MyungSoo ran to the car, heavily breathing, he wanted to tell SungYeol that he was sorry for fighting with him, that he needed SungYeol in his life (he just knew he did even when he couldn’t really explain why, there was that feeling and it wasn’t just because he was in love with the other) yet when he arrived at the car he was out of breath, staring at SungYeol who got out the car and was now standing in front of the younger, watching him. 

SungYeol waited for him to say anything but nothing came out and they kept staring at each other until the taller sighed. “Get in the car or go back...your choice,” he then turned around to step in the car, taking surprisingly place on the backseat, holding the door open to see what MyungSoo would do, silently hoping the other would step in. MyungSoo stared from SungYeol to DongWoo (DongWoo?) who was also watching him. MyungSoo’s eyes widened while watching his ex-friend and DongWoo turned fast his head, not wanting the reason why MyungSoo wouldn’t get in. The younger bit his lip and then stared at the club, he would lose all the money he had earned this week if he ran away... ”MyungSoo?” SungYeol’s voice was soft but there was something desperate in it that the other turned fast in SungYeol’s direction and as if that kind of reaction gave him the final push, he stepped inside and DongWoo started driving.

 

MyungSoo slept surprisingly good, the nights he stayed in the club he couldn’t sleep at all as there was always noise: the music, people fighting outside or drunk people bumping in everything that was on their way...every night it was something else that took away his sleep. He sat up and ruffled his fingers through his hair, yawning.

The door was slowly getting pushed open, DongWoo’s head appearing through the small opening to see if the other was awake. When their eyes met, DongWoo stepped inside the room. “Uhm, my mother told me to tell you to take a shower before coming down to get breakfast.” MyungSoo nodded and sighed relieved when the other was gone again. He got up and walked to the bathroom, he still could find his way in this house. When he was in said room, he bit his lip when again so much memories hit him that happened in this bathroom. This made him realize that he actually kind of missed DongWoo’s friendship. MyungSoo took a quick shower and pulled the clothes on he got from DongWoo - surprisingly they still fitted well - afterwards he went down to enter the kitchen where DongWoo’s mother was indeed making breakfast.

 

“MyungSoo!” She turned around with a smile as she had just placed a plate on the table and crushed almost his bones with the tight hug she gave him. “It’s been such a long time!” She continued and grabbed MyungSoo’s face in her hands, tilting his head to the side, scanning his face. “You became even more handsome!” she stared in his eyes and MyungSoo blushed lightly. 

“Mom, you are embarrassing him,” DongWoo said behind his plate and DongWoo’s mother laughed before letting the younger go, looking from DongWoo to MyungSoo. “Why don’t I have such a handsome son as you,” she said but winked to MyungSoo that this was just a joke. DongWoo hid his head in his arms, now he was the one who was embarrassed. “Moom!”

MyungSoo couldn’t help but to let out a breathy laugh and then sat down, eating the breakfast that DongWoo’s mother made, that didn't change one bit.

 

“So, what will you guys do today?” She asked after she sat down and started also eating, looking from DongWoo to MyungSoo who both didn’t want to look at each other.” “I-“ MyungSoo closed his mouth, he didn’t know what he had to do. He didn’t have a place to stay, he didn’t have any money, again he was left with having to find a job, but now a decent one so he could again start being independent and live on his own.

 

DongWoo’s phone buzzed and he looked at his phone, reading the message before looking at MyungSoo and then back at his phone. He answered the text and placed his phone down, fingers drumming on the table. MyungSoo knew that DongWoo was impatient about something, he still remembered that tic. The older got a message back and DongWoo sighed when reading it.

 

“MyungSoo, you can stay how long you want, you know this is your house also, right?” DongWoo’s mother broke the silence between the boys and MyungSoo bowed, his head almost touching the table. “Thank you mom Jang, but I don’t plan to stay any longer, it was nice to see you again and thank you for letting me stay.” She shook her head when the younger lifted his head again. “Don’t think I’ll let you go until you have found a place mister, you stay here until you found something, okay!” Her eyes were serious and again MyungSoo could only obey as well...he didn’t really want to sleep on the street.

After breakfast was done, MyungSoo decided to look for a job, he could only go after he promised DongWoo's mother that he would return so he promised her before he went on the yet his effort was fruitless and he kept back his frustrated tears when chief after chief made him clear he couldn’t work fulltime being a minor and told him that he had to go back to school if he wanted to make something out of his life. It wasn’t that MyungSoo didn’t want to go back to school, he wanted that but life simply wasn’t easy and he had no other choice than to start working.

 

MyungSoo sauntered back to DongWoo’s place, hoping that tomorrow would go better even when he had a feeling, no company would hire him (with a decent pay). 

At DongWoo's home, DongWoo kept messaging with someone the whole evening, not really paying attention to MyungSoo who watched television to keep himself busy. DongWoo let out a frustrated sigh and threw his phone in the cushion of the couch,  startling MyungSoo who was so focussed into watching Running Man that he jumped up. “Sorry,” DongWoo apologized before he got up and walked to the kitchen to get some snack. DongWoo's phone buzzed again and MyungSoo's eyes went to the phone that was lying close by. 

"I'm coming over. I have to tell MyungSoo something - SungYeol." 

 

 


A/N: An update every two weeks...I think this will be normal from now on (I'm sorry).
I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Thanks to comments I get new ideas of what to do (without loosing anything of what I have in mind for the long plot)
Thank you for reading, I hope it was to your liking. 

Next chapter...SungYeol will be surprising MyungSoo with a lot of things (bless that kind heart)