Chapter Twenty-Three

Can't Be Tamed

“What did you think you were doing?” SungYeol hissed at the younger who marched forward, trying to get away from the older who caught up and poked MyungSoo, even when he just had told the other off there was a smile on his face which the other didn’t see as he did his best to avoid SungYeol’s gaze on him. “I didn’t do anything,” MyungSoo muttered under his breath, walking fast in the classroom, away from SungYeol who followed the raven haired boy in the subject room, deciding that he would get MyungSoo later for this.

However even if that was the plan, the next course, MyungSoo was taken away by the homeroom-teacher to get questioned where he had been and other stuff and later during lunch-break SungYeol was taken away to get a lecture and a warning not to skip school anymore.

MyungSoo sat down with DongWoo in the cafeteria. Well, first MyungSoo sat alone - like he wanted -  but then DongWoo came, taking place next to him, ignoring MyungSoo’s all-saying glare that he wanted to be alone but because all the tables in the cafeteria were being occupied MyungSoo had no other choice than to stay put.

They ate in silent mode until DongWoo looked up for some reason, a smile on his face but his smile disappeared as fast as it appeared. MyungSoo followed where the older was looking at and saw Hoya standing in the line, laughing together with some other guy MyungSoo didn’t know. He did see DongWoo’s pained expression and wondered what that was about.

‘Maybe DongWoo and Hoya had a fight,’ MyungSoo thought before concentrating back on his food, not caring about the other’s fight one bit as he had enough problems on his mind. It was only later when Hoya came to sit at their table, talking casually with DongWoo who was again smiling and joking a lot with the other that MyungSoo was confused and started to doubt if they really had a fight and what else was going on.

SungYeol came inside, first getting his food before he sat down next to MyungSoo with a sigh. MyungSoo wanted to ask if everything was okay when Hoya looked at the both of them, his eyes longer on MyungSoo as if only now he figured out that MyungSoo was also there. “I’m glad you’re back, MyungSoo.”

MyungSoo looked up and nodded slowly, staring back at his food afterwards. Hoya turned then his attention on DongWoo. “So, what happened this weekend?”

DongWoo told everything that happened, including SungYeol dressing up as a girl to get in the club, MyungSoo became flustered with the not-so-long-ago memory and looked curious at SungYeol… when Hoya started laughing out loud.

“Why didn’t you say so that you would go to that club?” Hoya snickered, “I could have called that bouncer to let you inside without all that trouble.” SungYeol immediately stared angrily at DongWoo. To think that he made himself a fool for dressing up as a girl and here Hoya was… telling that he could have called that guy to let them inside without having to pay or needing to dress up as a girl…. “I knew it was a stupid idea!” SungYeol yelled and DongWoo apologized fast to SungYeol.

“Thank you for doing it,” MyungSoo voice broke through and now SungYeol was the one who became shy. “It’s nothing,” he mumbled, digging in his food, not looking at the younger who thought this sight was endearing.

“Maybe if you had time this weekend, then we wouldn’t have this problem.” DongWoo said accusingly to Hoya who blinked. “What are you saying? Are you mad because I spend time with InGuk?” DongWoo opened his mouth to say something when mentioned guy appeared at their table. “Hoya, are you ready?” InGuk said with a big smile and Hoya nodded, standing up. “Yeah, let’s go,” he said, walking away without giving DongWoo another explanation or waiting for the other to say something else.

SungYeol and MyungSoo both saw this happening and stared at each other in confusion, not sure what to think of all this. “Are you alright, hyung?” SungYeol asked when DongWoo’s smile fell and the other looked up, faking a smile. “Yeah, I’m fine,” he said but his voice was strained. DongWoo coughed, not wanting the others to be worried about him. “So, how did you do your test this morning? Did you ace it?”

Immediately SungYeol turned his attention on MyungSoo because now that the subject was back on the table… “What was that this morning? What did you think you were doing?” MyungSoo’s cheeks colored red. “I didn’t do anything,” he repeated himself and SungYeol glared. “Don’t lie, MyungSoo, I saw you, you totally copied my test!” DongWoo looked to both of them and started laughing. “You did?” He asked the youngest. “That’s a first, normally you’re always number one in class… together with SungYeol.” DongWoo added fast when he saw the look SungYeol gave him.

SungYeol nodded approvingly and watched MyungSoo, waiting for an explanation which the younger gave. “I’m sorry okay,” MyungSoo started with a sigh and looked at SungYeol. “I didn’t know all the answers because this was a test about last week and I wasn’t there and-“ SungYeol started laughing. “That’s okay, Soo, I just hope the teacher doesn’t find out about it.” MyungSoo shook his head after getting over the shock that SungYeol called him by his nickname .
“She won’t, I sometimes wrote other answers down than you had.” MyungSoo was smart but he still knew the tricks of copying tests and not getting caught. 

The rest of the day went by fast and SungYeol and MyungSoo had to part ways, MyungSoo going to DongWoo’s house while SungYeol went home as he was ordered to do.

MyungSoo came inside the house and sat down in the couch where DongWoo’s mom was watching television but she turned the television off when she saw the younger, asking how school was. He told DongWoo’s mother how his day was until DongWoo came inside and stormed upstairs without saying a word, the other’s mother looked to the direction her son disappeared. “You know what’s wrong?” She asked MyungSoo who shook his head hesitantly. “No…”

Mom Jang shrugged her shoulders and got up to make dinner. MyungSoo felt a little lost here, not knowing what he could do, at home he always took a shower, made some ramyun and then left for work when he needed to work but now…he had nothing anymore.

He didn’t really contact his other job a whole week, didn’t even know if he was fired or not as his cell phone was broken and he couldn’t contact them… he jumped up in realization, maybe that’s what he could do, go to his job, explain what happened and maybe he had his old job back. His boss was a friendly guy who liked him a lot, so maybe there was a chance he could continue his job. He grabbed fast his jacket, not wanting to waste any time and yelled to DongWoo’s mother that he would be back later, making way to his old job.

When Daniel saw him coming in, he just gawked, like he saw a ghost or something. MyungSoo stormed past the other and went to the back, knocking to get inside the “office” of the boss…

One hour later, MyungSoo having bowed a lot in apology and after giving a satisfying explanation he got his job back (the boss discovered that after MyungSoo disappeared that he got less and less customers thus he needed MyungSoo for business).
The only thing that changed in his contract was that he needed to work now every day in the evening, directly after school he needed to be in the bistro. MyungSoo was more than happy to have his old income back, he even got more pay. If he kept doing this, then he would have money in no time to rent his own place again, he looked forward to that day.

MyungSoo went back to DongWoo’s house and when he headed inside, he saw that there was a plate full with food on the table. “Ah, MyungSoo, please eat before it turns cold.” DongWoo’s mother came inside the kitchen as MyungSoo used the back-entrance and she smiled at him before turning around again, having her phone in her hand and making a phone call. MyungSoo felt a little bad now that he was eating alone while the others already ate but still took place as his stomach was growling.

He was just finished eating when the backdoor got thrown open, in reflex MyungSoo jumped up and saw an angry SungYeol stumbling inside, locating MyungSoo immediately and before MyungSoo realized what happened next…SungYeol was in his arms.      

 


A/N: Hi guys *waves* how are you doing? I hope you all are doing well. The last weeks had been hectic (read: working from 8-5) at work that's why I couldn't really start writing again, even when I have the whole story in my head (argh). Then the fake rumor happened; poor MyungSoo and yesterday (4/10) that MyungYeol fanaccount happened...*__*

Anyway, yeah cliff-hanger. Aren't I bad? Don't kill me.
MyungYeol is getting there, slowly but steady...^^

Thank you for staying with me even when I don't update regularly~ 1 week turned to 2, 2 to 3~ I want to deliver a chapter that's good enough in my eyes and I can't pressure myself into writing (it wouldn't be good for the story)~ Thank you for understanding!♥