Chapter Thirteen

Can't Be Tamed

The next morning SungYeol got disturbed in his dream when his phone started to ring, invading even his dream - where he was drinking a coffee on a wide green field - with that noisy sound.

SungYeol blinked his eyes open, stared at the ceiling to remember where he was before he looked down and saw MyungSoo clinging on him like a koala (what was new?).

The taller smiled, for a second forgetting about his phone and the noise it made until the volume increased. He sighed and removed himself carefully from MyungSoo’s limb, getting off of the bed.

“Aish, where did I put it.” SungYeol mumbled while looking around for his phone. It had stopped ringing thus he had to search without really knowing where he had put it. He looked in the kitchen, nothing, he looked in the living-room, still nothing and he ruffled his hair in frustration, yawning. He wanted to give up and go back to bed as it was Sunday for god’s sake until...his phone started ringing again. He fell down on his knees when he finally figured out where his phone was and grabbed under the couch. “Got you.” SungYeol looked fast at the caller’s ID and frowned while pressing accept.

“Mom?” He said surprised. His mother’s voice came loudly through. “SungYeol, are you still at MyungSoo’s?” SungYeol removed he phone from his ear with a sigh. “Don’t yell, mom, and yes...why?” His eyes grew big when he heard what she had to say.

“I can’t go to dad, mom, this...” He squeezed his eyes shut when she started yelling, interrupting him.

“I don’t want to go, mom, MyungSoo needs me.”SungYeol whined, he couldn’t leave MyungSoo alone after the things that happened last night.

She didn’t yell anymore. “Call your dad to ask if MyungSoo can come with you, your father is on the way, SungYeol, he had a day off and wanted to spend it with you.” SungYeol sat down on the couch, staring in front of him. “Okay.” He sighed after thinking and ended the conversation.

He played with his phone for a while before he stuffed it in his pants and got up to walk back to the bedroom where MyungSoo had chosen now the pillow as his tree.

SungYeol smiled at the sight. He got closer to sit on the mattress and woke the younger up. “MyungSoo...” He shook MyungSoo’s shoulder but...no reaction. SungYeol shook the other’s shoulder a little harder and waited for the other to finally open his eyes, which the younger did, first blinking confused, smiling at SungYeol before he sat up.

“What’s wrong?” MyungSoo asked and yawned.

SungYeol hold the urge back to squeeze the other’s cheeks as he was so cute right now.

“My father will come pick me up,” SungYeol started and looked down at the mattress. When he looked up and saw how the other’s face had fell he continued fast. “Do...do you want to come with me?”

MyungSoo stared at him mouth wide agape. “Come...with...you?” He stuttered. SungYeol laughed and nodded enthusiastically. “Yes, it will be great, so will you?” MyungSoo answered hesitantly. “Is your father okay with this?” SungYeol hit himself as in realizing he should ask first and grabbed fast his phone. “I’ll be right back.” He walked out the bedroom to call his father.

His father surprisingly accepted that MyungSoo would come with him and after his father said what time he would be there, SungYeol walked back to the bedroom to see MyungSoo changing clothes. “My dad agrees.”

MyungSoo nodded and after he was done changing, he walked past SungYeol. “Breakfast?” He asked.

SungYeol nodded with a smile, he followed MyungSoo to the kitchen where MyungSoo started preparing an egg with all kind of different vegetables.

“Here you go.” MyungSoo placed the plate in front of SungYeol after he was done cooking, before grabbing his own plate and sat down in front of SungYeol.

“This is good!” SungYeol exclaimed after a bite and MyungSoo blushed but didn’t say anything. MyungSoo remembered the things he had done last night and was reassured he actually haven’t done anything wrong as he didn’t tell SungYeol too much about his past.

He glanced at SungYeol who was eating with a big smile. Could he tell SungYeol the things what happened in his past? He didn’t think he could, SungYeol was his friend and even when MyungSoo felt from the first look different towards SungYeol, he didn’t think SungYeol was into guys, but then again, did SungYeol have a girlfriend before?

“MyungSoo.” SungYeol said hard and MyungSoo got pulled back into reality, blinking. “What?”

SungYeol laughed and shook his head when he realized the younger hadn’t been listening. “I was telling that my father will be here soon, we should probably go downstairs as...” he looked around before he looked back at MyungSoo. “I didn’t tell my mother you live alone...” He continued softly.

MyungSoo understood the situation. He got up when SungYeol put his own dish in the sink, placed his own also away  and pulled his shoes on. “I’m ready.” He informed SungYeol.

SungYeol who wasn’t near done, started to also get ready and after 10 minutes they went downstairs, just in time to see SungYeol’s father driving around the corner.

SungYeol opened the car and got in the back together with MyungSoo.

“Hi, sir, I’m MyungSoo.” MyungSoo stuck out his hand, bowing slightly to which SungYeol’s father responded. “Hi, MyungSoo, nice to meet you.” The latter smiled at him before they started driving. It took them half an hour until they stopped in front of a house.

They got out of the car and while SungYeol was talking to his father, MyungSoo looked curious around until SungYeol called him. MyungSoo turned around when he heard the other’s voice and saw SungYeol in the doorstep waiting for him. The younger ran towards SungYeol and entered the house.

The house was rather empty SungYeol explained this while going around and told him that it was because his mother was the person who was in charge for everything and took everything she wanted with her.

“SungYeol, I’ll be gone for a moment.” His father said while walking back to the door.

SungYeol sighed deeply when the door closed behind his father’s back. “Gone for a moment is usually gone for the day.” He shook his head and smiled faintly to MyungSoo. “Let’s guide you around the rest of the house.”

They examined the rest of the floor before moving up the stairs.  “I haven’t been here since...well, I moved away so I actually don’t know how my room looks right now.” SungYeol started saying while they got up and MyungSoo was looking at all kind of different pictures from SungYeol and said male's father and mother.

“Here it is.” SungYeol smiled at the younger before he opened the door to his bedroom.

The  bedroom was mostly plain, MyungSoo noticed the minute he walked in and looked around. There was a bed, wardrobe with the doors wide open and nothing left inside, a cupboard with a picture-frame from some girl...

‘Girl?’ MyungSoo’s eyes widened when he saw the picture of a pretty girl staring back at him. SungYeol who was telling how he took everything what he wanted with him and this room didn’t seem like his anymore stopped talking when he saw where MyungSoo was looking.

He walked over to his desk, grabbed the picture and placed it face-down. “ex-girlfriend.” SungYeol said fast to MyungSoo who could just stare in response.

For some reason, MyungSoo staring like that to him and the reaction the younger had on the picture...it was weird but SungYeol felt the need to explain some things.

“She was the only girlfriend I had and also the first time I experienced love.”

MyungSoo nodded again as he didn’t know what he had to say on this and also he didn't really want to know more about this. SungYeol had a girlfriend before, he should have known.

There was some awkwardness between them until SungYeol decided to open his mouth. “Did you have a girlfriend before?” He asked quietly while he stared at his desk.

MyungSoo shook his head and sighed. “No.” SungYeol looked up in surprise. “You never had a girlfriend? Why? I mean you’re so...handsome!” MyungSoo blushed with those words and so did SungYeol after he realized what he had said. “I mean...yeah.”

MyungSoo laughed. “It’s okay and I just...haven’t.”

SungYeol sat down on his bed and grabbed the frame to look at the face of his ex-girlfriend before looking back to MyungSoo. His girlfriend had made him the happiest person alive at that time and maybe this was what MyungSoo also needed: a girlfriend to replace whatever bad memories MyungSoo had with only good ones. He didn’t know why MyungSoo never had a girlfriend before but he would help MyungSoo get one.

‘Yes, that’s what I’ll do. I’ll get MyungSoo a girlfriend.’ He made a plan in his head and hoped he would succeed. After all, falling in love would make MyungSoo happy, right?


A/N : No excuse for the late update or yes maybe I have...my computer broke down (well actually I haven't used it since I moved places but when I wanted to turn it on, it didn't work anymore. OTL thus no learning Korean anymore for now nor using a big screen to write on (now I'm using my notebook) 

Another news...I'm going to South Korea at the end of the month for two weeks! xD

About the story: can you guess what will happen next?
I hope the chapter was satisfying. Please leave comments <3