Chapter Two

Can't Be Tamed

"Students, please welcome Lee SungYeol, he moved from Gyeonggi-do to Seoul, be nice to him. SungYeol,” the teacher turned to him, ”please introduce yourself."

"Hello I'm Lee SungYeol, nice to meet you," he bowed and looked at all the interested faces who were watching him. His teacher smiled and looked around the class to search for an empty seat. "Alright, you can go sit at that empty spot there," she pointed to an empty place in the back and SungYeol nodded.

He walked to the seat, passing guys and girls who couldn't take their eyes off him. SungYeol smiled to himself, knowing that he was a handsome guy, it was nice to already feel his popularity grow in this school.

He stopped at his seat seeing that he would sit next to a guy who was sleeping with his head on the desk, his face towards the window. SungYeol moved the seat out under the table with a lot of noise and sat down with a sigh when the kid didn't wake up from it, deciding to ignore that other guy. The teacher herself who was called Ms. Na Ra didn’t notice that the kid was sleeping or had decided not to say anything on it.

When first school period was over, SungYeol saw students taking all their stuff and realized that they were moving to another classroom (he had been too lazy to check the time-table). He got up to follow them but stopped in the doorway and turned around to see the guy still sleeping.

I can't leave him here, right?” He said to himself and walked back.
"Hey,” he said, poking the kid. “wake up, we have to go to another classroom now."

The guy grumbled and slowly lifted his head to stare at the guy who dared to wake him up. "What?" He shouted, angry that he got waken up by some stranger.

SungYeol stared surprised at his saviour from this morning who stared back, finally recognizing him from the bus. “You.” He only said, not taking his eyes of SungYeol.

SungYeol blinked for a second and then smiled. “You’re in the same class!” He yelped excited. 

The other stared at him if he was crazy, not a single smile showing. “Why...' he yawned. "...did you wake me up?” He asked, rubbing his eyes while looking with puzzled eyes to SungYeol.

SungYeol remembered that they had to leave to another classroom and repeated what he had said before the guy was awake.

The other sighed : “It’s music...music is stupid,” he grumbled but still packed up all his stuff as he didn’t want detention for not attending class.

After he was done he walked out the room, not giving SungYeol any attention any more but SungYeol followed him because he didn’t know where he had to go. The other turned around after some minute walking towards the next classroom, a frown on his face. "Why do you follow me?" He asked, clearly irritated.

"I don't know the way...” SungYeol said. “...It's my first day here...." He explained, already regretting that he had woken up that kid who was rude. Even when the other had helped him out this morning... his first impression had been bad or so SungYeol thought.

"Oh," The guy replied and turned around to start walking again, accepting now that SungYeol was following him.

In the music room they had to sit next to each other because the teacher already designated a place to everyone: leaving only two seats empty. SungYeol sat down in his seat and looked around, shivering when he saw all the music-sheets on the wall. He hated music class. He hated it in the past and he sure did now and especially when the guy next to him started singing.

"Great job, MyungSoo!" The teacher complimented.

All the other students looked unimpressed which made SungYeol wonder if they were deaf, because MyungSoo (oh, so that’s what’s his name) truly had a great voice, maybe the others were jealous of him. 

"So," SungYeol started and MyungSoo looked at him with questioning eyes. "I thought you said you hate music?"

MyungSoo nodded and stuffed all his stuff in his backpack when the bell sounded. "I do," he said and left the classroom, leaving the other once again alone. 

SungYeol sighed deeply when a person sat on his desk to look at him with a big gum smile. "Don't worry about MyungSoo, he's a loner," he said and stuck out his hand. "I'm DongWoo." 

SungYeol stared at him for a while, trying to find out if this guy could harm him in any way but then he shook DongWoo's hand. "I'm SungYeol." 

DongWoo nodded and jumped up. "Let's go, SungYeol, we have math now." 

SungYeol got out of his seat and walked behind DongWoo, who couldn't keep quiet about Ms. Na Ra and music. They walked back to their classroom when someone yelled: "DongWoo!" 

DongWoo stopped and waited for the person to catch up with them. 

"Hoya, this is SungYeol, our new classmate."  Hoya stared at him and smiled. "Nice to meet you."
 ...

During lunch SungYeol sat together with DongWoo, Hoya and some other friends of them. They talked about homework they had to do and how bad some teachers were for assigning homework on the first day of school when SungYeol saw in the corner of his eye MyungSoo walking in.

SungYeol looked up when MyungSoo came in the dining-hall, queuing up to get his food from the oh so friendly woman. When the food got thrown on his plate, he sat down next to a window, far from everyone else. 

Before SungYeol could wonder why MyungSoo didn't have any friends he saw some girls walking over to MyungSoo, letters in their hands and dropped them at the table where MyungSoo was seated before walking all giggling away. MyungSoo stared uninterested at the letters and started to eat his lunch, not even glancing at the confessions in front of him.

SungYeol averted his eyes from MyungSoo to look at DongWoo. "Doesn't MyungSoo have friends?" 

DongWoo glanced at MyungSoo with a sad look in his eyes. "MyungSoo is lonely because he doesn't trust people." DongWoo sighed when he said that and SungYeol felt that there was more to the story.

SungYeol stared back at MyungSoo who after he was done eating, pushed all the letters unread in the garbage bin, not caring about the girls their feelings at all. He couldn't understand that MyungSoo who had been so nice to him on the bus, that guy who had smiled so brightly, that he was this person? 

SungYeol got intrigued by MyungSoo and wanted to know more about him and why he was that way.

He waited for MyungSoo after class to walk together to the bus-stop, he knew MyungSoo also had to take the bus so this would be a good first step getting to know the other. 

MyungSoo stepped outside, inhaling the fresh air before he looked down and saw SungYeol at the end of the stairs. MyungSoo walked the stairs down and walked fast past him when he realized SungYeol was waiting for him.

SungYeol sighed, took his bag from the floor and ran after him. After some walking in silence; SungYeol right behind MyungSoo, the other stopped and SungYeol bumped into him when he was thinking of other things.

MyungSoo turned around and stared at him: "Why did you wait for me?"  He asked with a little surprise in his voice. 

SungYeol smiled, making MyungSoo struck by that smile, his heart beating fast.
"Because I want to become friends with you." 

MyungSoo stared at him, long and examining before looking back at the ground, biting his lip. SungYeol probably didn't hear the rumours about him, yet.

"Aren't you jealous of me?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" SungYeol asked, confused.

MyungSoo slowly looked back up at him. "People are jealous of me if you didn't notice...."

SungYeol shook his head. "That's not what I heard, I heard from DongWoo that...-"

The moment SungYeol mentioned DongWoo's name, MyungSoo's eyes turned sad.
"What did you hear from DongWoo?" He whispered softly, his heart aching.

SungYeol was now sure that something happened between them. "That you don't trust people."

MyungSoo started to laugh like it was something funny SungYeol told him. He had a mental breakdown and couldn't stop laughing. SungYeol stared at him as if he was crazy and waited for the other to stop laughing. MyungSoo wiped his tears away after a while and then got angry: "DongWoo is a jerk," he shouted and ran away, leaving SungYeol confused behind.