Chapter Thirty-Seven

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol’s mother leaving was followed by a big silence in the room. MyungSoo was in shock of all her hateful words directed towards him but SungYeol on the other hand was confused.

 

DongWoo’s mother was the first one who broke the silence by standing up, letting out a sigh which made SungYeol  turn his attention to her. “I’m sorry about your mother, SungYeol,” she said sadly but instead of walking over to SungYeol she walked towards MyungSoo who was still looking down with a sad expression, he needed her more.

 

“MyungSoo,” she placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder. Said person swallowed thickly before looking up. Seeing the sad eyes on his face she immediately went in for a hug, patting him on his head, speaking to him. “MyungSoo, don’t look so sad... She didn’t really mean what she said. It’s just...she has some issues on her own and she…” she stopped talking, shaking her head and pulled away from him to stare at him, hoping that he would listen. “Just don’t think too much about this. It’ll be okay.” Tightly she hugged him again. “Don’t take this to heart, promise me.” MyungSoo nodded and the reply was enough for her because she let him go to walk to SungYeol, hugging also the other to comfort him.

 

After the door closed for the second time SungYeol emit a long, deep audible breath and walked to the couch to let himself fall down. “I’m glad that conversation is over.” He remarked which made MyungSoo slowly nod in agreement.

 

MyungSoo was still shocked about everything yet also glad this was over even... when he knew this wasn’t the end. There was no way that SungYeol’s mother would leave them alone after voicing out her opinion about him living with her son. She hated his guts for some reason which he didn’t know.

 

He followed SungYeol’s example and walked to the couch, falling down next to the other. Their shoulders touched  but both were too much in their own thoughts to notice this. They stared in front of them for a while until SungYeol’s voice broke the silence.

 

“I’m glad you were here,” the taller whispered thankfully. ”Thank you MyungSoo, without you I couldn’t have done this.”  

 

MyungSoo shook fast his head. “I didn’t do anything,” he replied softly but got shocked when the other grabbed his hand, he stared dumbfounded at the hand on his until he let his eyes meet the taller’s. “You did.” SungYeol expressed his gratitude to the younger who got engrossed in the other’s eyes. “You have no idea how happy I am that you are here by my side.” SungYeol continued while MyungSoo could only stare in the other’s eyes. It was the emotions he thought to see in there that his eyes uncontrollable flickered to SungYeol’s lips. When he looked back up in the taller’s eyes he was surprised to see now curiosity in those eyes. It was as if SungYeol had watched him looking at his lips and was now anticipating what MyungSoo would do next.  

 

“SungYeol,” MyungSoo whispered brokenly, his resolve more and more breaking which each passed second that their eyes were locked. As answer, SungYeol’s eyes flickered also to the younger’s lips shamelessly.

 

MyungSoo saw the other’s Adam’s apple bobbing nervously. The younger breathed harder. He knew this was the moment and that he had to grab the opportunity. Eyes never leaving SungYeol he moved closer, he saw SungYeol tensing slightly yet staying in place, eyes fluttering closed. Heart skipping a beat, he moved even more closer, wanting to close that distance between them for good…

 

It was when their lips were only millimeters apart, he had felt SungYeol’s hot breath on his own lips that all of a sudden a ringtone sounded, destroying and interfering the possibility of what could have been. The magic was broken and SungYeol pulled fast away, both were blushing furiously.

 

SungYeol stood fast up, at first unsure of what to do but the ringtone that didn’t want to stop, pressured him to take action. He took the cursed phone out of his pants to look at the screen. “It’s DongWoo,” he said, suddenly sobering up. He frowned at his phone, silently hating on DongWoo for interrupting their moment before answering.  “DongWoo-hyung?” He questioned.

 

The taller stayed silent, looking at the ground until his mouth opened slightly and his eyes focused now on MyungSoo with questioning eyes. MyungSoo felt that they were talking about him. “Okay, I get it! I’ll send him back to school.” SungYeol disconnected the call, biting his lip slightly in thoughts. “You need to go back to school...” he finally said hesitatingly.

 

MyungSoo shook resolutely his head. He wanted to stay but SungYeol continued speaking to explain why he needed to go. “You have a big test today, you can’t miss this one otherwise the chances are you have to repeat the year. You already missed some big tests so DongWoo who eavesdropped on the teacher said you need to do this one.”

 

Staring down displeased at first, MyungSoo knew the other was right. He couldn’t afford missing another big test but… He looked back up at the taller. “I want to stay,” he whispered, eyes intensive which made the taller blush.

 

“Just go to school MyungSoo, I’ll be here when you come back,” the taller replied, a shy smile on his face and didn’t dare to look at the younger.

 

MyungSoo smiled in realisation because: ‘Yes, we are living together.’ “Okay,” he said. “ I’ll be back tonight.” He grabbed his schoolbag but hesitated to head out or do something else first (like desperately kissing SungYeol)  until the taller started pushing him towards the door.

 

“Goo,” SungYeol laughed while doing this and MyungSoo sighed regretfully, opening fast the door before he would be pushed against it. “See you tonight,” he said and the other nodded, closing the door when the other disappeared into the elevator.

 

SungYeol leaned against the door, his heart making a backflip, he placed his hand on his heart. Trying to think of something else so his heart would stop trying to get out of chest. It took some minutes before he started thinking rationally, the thought crossing his mind which was what his mother had said before Mom Jang interrupted her.

 

“You are just like your f-”

 

SungYeol thought about these words, walking back to the couch, sitting down. It wasn’t difficult to finish that sentence... Why was he like his father? It didn’t make any sense. What had his father to do with this? He needed answers and what was better than calling the person who was weirdly enough linked to this. He grabbed his phone, scrolling through his contact-list until his father’s number came up.  He pressed ‘call’ and waited for his father to pick up.

 

“SungYeol? What’s wrong?” His father asked immediately. But the way he asked it sounded like he was tired. SungYeol bit his lips, he didn’t know exactly how to start this conversation so he chose to go with the first thing that came to mind. “Why do you sound so tired?”

 

His father let out a big sigh before answering. “Your mother called,” he said only. It was as if that answer explained it all and...it actually did to SungYeol. This meant his mother talked with his father what just had happened in their apartment.

 

“I need to talk to you.”

 

There was no reason why SungYeol should beat around the bush so he made his intention clear to his father. His father didn’t reply immediately. At first SungYeol thought the call was disconnected. He checked his phone only to see he was still on. “Dad?” SungYeol asked to be sure. The other let out another sigh. “I’m here. I’ll come by later and then we’ll talk. I guess this needs to happen eventually,” his father muttered the last part more to himself. “What’s the address?”

 

SungYeol told him the address and after that disconnected the call. His father would come by after work was done so this meant...around evening, more or less after MyungSoo was home, he wanted the other to be present so this was a good thing.

 

Hours passed by, SungYeol making sure the house was decent and clean to welcome his father and a part of him wanted to please MyungSoo, not forgetting how close they had been and how he had felt around MyungSoo after that: shy. He was a bit nervous how they both would act around each other later. Forget what happened or be awkward around each other. The moment of truth was there when the door opened, a voice saying: “I am home.”

 

Hearing his voice, SungYeol dropped the thankfully empty plastic glass he was holding and turned nervously around, his eyes falling on the younger who stared at first at the glass that had fallen before looking at the taller who quickly bend down to pick it up.  “Welcome back,” SungYeol said, trying to sound normal and not nervous like how his heart was behaving right now or how his fingers were clamping down on the glass.

 

MyungSoo nodded with a smile. “I need to say something.” He started off. “I took a day off today from work,” he informed the taller while walking to the kitchen to look in the fridge to see what he could make for dinner this evening.

 

SungYeol was perplexed, he had forgotten that MyungSoo normally had to work...this all turned out well. “You did?” Hel asked surprised, following the other into the kitchen. He couldn’t see the other as MyungSoo was looking through the content of the fridge.

 

“Yeah,” came the reply. “I wanted to spend some time with you,” the younger’s response came and the red crept on SungYeol’s face.

 

“That’s...good,” SungYeol replied a bit hesitantly and MyungSoo stopped rummaging to stare at him with a frown. “Not good?” He questioned. SungYeol shook fast his head and waved his hands in denial. “No, no, it’s good but…” he bit his lip, maybe he should have told MyungSoo first before inviting his father. “My father will come by later to talk with me.”

 

MyungSoo closed fast the fridge of the door. “He will?” He asked, the information new to him. He slightly wondered what SungYeol have been up to the whole day or what the other wanted to accomplish doing that. The taller sighed. “Yeah, I called him after you left and he needs to talk with me. It’s about what happened before...you know...with my mother.”

 

The younger hummed as response, he was still standing in front of the fridge and didn’t move, thinking about his words. “Do I need to leave then so you can talk privately?” SungYeol however was again quick to reply: “No, I want you to stay!” the taller looked afraid with the thought of MyungSoo leaving. He wanted him to stay.

 

This fast reply made MyungSoo smile but then he opened the fridge again. “Should I make dinner for your father too?” He pondered, taking out vegetables and meat.  

 

“Do we have enough?” SungYeol questioned, coming closer to lean on MyungSoo’s shoulder to stare in the fridge.  “Yeah we do...” the other answered, turning his head the same time SungYeol did.

 

Time stood still at that moment, lips mere centimeters apart until out of sudden SungYeol pulled abruptly away; the doorbell sounded. “My dad is here.” SungYeol turned flustered around and left the kitchen to let his father inside.


A/N : so close and yet....bad author I am .__.  yet rest assured... ;-)
Did you expect this? What do you think the father of SungYeol will say?
Comments, impressions, thoughts on this chapter and what you think will happen soon are mostly welcome. (really...welcome!)

Thank you to all my subscribers, commenters, those who upvoted (even when the story takes ages but so much planned...)
heavenly-reflection who send me a nice, encouraging message, 
I sincerely wish I won't let you all down.

See you with the next chapter! ♥