Chapter Twenty-One

Can't Be Tamed

“Are you sure you’ll be alright?” DongWoo asked after they parked the car to let SungYeol out at his home. SungYeol stared at the house and gulped, there were no lights on, so hopefully his mother would be already asleep and that she would lecture him only tomorrow... “I’ll be alright,” he smiled at DongWoo and then at MyungSoo who stared worried back. He gave the younger one last reassuring smile  and then got out of the car.

 

DongWoo drove away after he said MyungSoo to take place next to him because the older didn’t want to feel like a taxi-driver. SungYeol watched them go before he slowly turned around. Every step he took his heart started to beat faster, with every sound he heard he jumped up, fearing his mother would come outside but luckily it didn’t happen. He opened the front-door and cursed the noise that it made, he waited a few seconds, only hearing his heart running a marathon before finally tip-toeing inside, closing the front door afterwards. He contemplated to go to the kitchen as his throat was dry because of all the shouting he had done,  but decided that it would be dangerous to first get something to drink thus he went up the stairs and just at that moment the living-door got thrown open. “SungYeol! Come down mister!” SungYeol cringed when he heard his mother’s loud voice and trembled while turning around. It wasn’t that he was afraid his mother would hit him or something, but he wasn’t used to his mother being mad at him, the last time was when...he couldn’t even remember.

 

“SungYeol! I’m waiting!” His mother shouted and SungYeol slowly looked up, seeing his mother down the staircase, watching her son with arms crossed. SungYeol gulped for the third time that evening and descended the stairs. “Mom...I” She shook her head and walked into the living-room turning the light on, SungYeol had no other choice then to follow her.  

 

“I’m disappointed in you, SungYeol,” she began and turned around to look at her son. “Mom, I had-“

“You know how surprised I was when your teacher yesterday asked where you were this week?”  

SungYeol was shocked. “How do you-“ “Your teacher takes the same cooking lessons as me,” she explained but wasn’t done with her ranting. “Where were you, why did you skip a whole day of school Friday?”

 

“I-“

 

“Is this how you will live your life from now on!?!...Maybe I should send you back to your dad, he was always better in controlling you and-“

 

“Mom!” SungYeol shouted so she would finally stop ranting and she did, looking scandalized.
“I skipped one day of school because I had something urgent to do, MyungSoo-“

 

“MyungSoo,” she said confused and blinked, her attention now fully on that name. “What has MyungSoo to do with you skipping school?”    

 

“He-“ SungYeol opened his mouth, looking at his mother and thought of the things to say but then closed his eyes. “N-nothing.”

 

“That’s what I thought. You’re grounded for the rest of the month and after school you immediately come home!”

 

“You said only the weekend!“ SungYeol retorted, remembering that’s what his mother had send him.

 

“I changed my mind, you crossed the line, SungYeol, you’re punished for the rest of the month.”

 

“But-”

 

“No buts, go to your room! Good night.” SungYeol knew the last word was said and turned around, sauntering to get to the stairs, getting yelled at by his mother to hurry.

 

 

SungYeol lay in his bed and growled. He knew this would happen; that he would be grounded so it wasn’t really a surprise, the surprise was that he was grounded for the rest of the month, this was the first time he was grounded so long...

SungYeol sighed and his side, grabbing the pillow between his both arms and looked at his alarm-clock that went through a lot already. Either way...grounded or not...tomorrow he had to go out as he had important things to do, making his mom more angry or not, he needed to head into the city.

 

The next day he woke up early by his alarm of his phone, immediately turning it off so his mother wouldn’t wake up. He pulled fast his pants and shirt on from yesterday, grabbed his bag and then went outside, breathing relieved when he sat on the bus and his mother didn’t find out about it.

 

SungYeol made a plan in his head to help MyungSoo, a plan that already had formed in his head when MyungSoo said he didn’t have a place to stay thus the taller wanted to find an apartment for MyungSoo and the first step to that was...the bank.

 

He got out the bus and walked to said place, not hesitating at all when he emptied his whole savings account, his mother would kill him if she found out about this but MyungSoo needed it the most.

 

The taller put his money safely away and then went out into the city.

Step two of his plan...finding a cheap apartment.

 

SungYeol came across a lot of renters who said that they didn’t want to rent an apartment to a minor and those who wanted, they didn’t have an apartment vacant at the moment.

 

He sat after four hours searching around Jung-gu on the bus to another district, thinking why exactly he was doing this for the younger. He didn’t know why he felt this way that he wanted to help the younger this much, he could easily wash his hands of the other and say: ‘it’s your business, not mine’ but he just couldn’t. MyungSoo was younger than him so maybe only wanted to protect the younger, there was no other reason, he only wanted to guard the other from harm, it’s what he also had done with his ex and first love... When he realized what he just thought, he blinked confused, did he harbour the same feelings towards MyungSoo than he had for Na-  

 

“Can I sit here?” SungYeol looked up and met the eyes from an older lady who was staring at his bag, the cause why she had asked in the first place as it was in the seat next to him, having a place for his own. SungYeol grabbed the bag and pulled it on his lap, the lady smiled and sat down. After she was seated she randomly started a conversation with him about the weather and later on her husband, SungYeol happily talking to her because that’s what he liked the most, socializing with people even strangers.

 

...

 

SungYeol sighed frustrated after another 3 hours searching with no avail. He sat down at a café and sipped from his coffee while thinking about MyungSoo and if the other was having fun with DongWoo so he messaged DongWoo who said MyungSoo was out searching for a job. SungYeol sighed and put his phone back away, of course MyungSoo wouldn’t easily stay put and would do everything he had to find a job.

Why did the other had to leave his old apartment and his old job in the first place... He jumped up when an idea shot through his mind, MyungSoo’s old apartment...this would be a wild shot but maybe, just maybe that apartment would still be free.... Why didn’t he think of this in the beginning!

 

He jumped on the bus, not wasting any time and crossed to the apartment, thankfully knowing where he could find the owner, as the owner had given him his address so SungYeol could contact him if he wanted to retrieve MyungSoo’s stuff.

 

“Hello?” The man opened the door and looked confused at SungYeol. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to know if the former apartment from MyungSoo is still free?” He breathed hard, trying to catch his breath while opening his bag to show the owner his money.. The owner had to think who MyungSoo was, eyes focussed on the money which was more than enough...to rent an apartment for  a month. SungYeol watched him expectantly, hoping that the owner would nod or say yes but the owner shook his head after some time thinking. “Sorry...that apartment is already rented.” SungYeol’s  shoulders slumped forwards, his only chance flying out the window...now what else could he do...

 

“I do have another apartment but it will be only available  in a week because there needs to be some reparations be done first.”

 

SungYeol’s eyes lit up. “A week?” The owner nodded. “Are you interested?” SungYeol nodded fast and the owner smiled. “Great! Follow me.”

 

One hour later SungYeol was back on the street, bursting with happiness. He finally had an apartment, the owner showed him the apartment and it was a nice one. SungYeol skipped like a happy child to the bus-stop, coming to an halt when he realized something and ran back to the owner.

 

Another half hour later, he smiled and went to his transport back home,  now there was only one thing left to do, he took his phone out and messaged DongWoo. “Hi hyung. I’m coming over. I have to tell MyungSoo something.”

 

 

 

 


A/N : 
This was more SungYeol's side of the story (it had to happen) to explain what SungYeol did.
Next chapter will be all around MyungYeol and DongWoo, that is to say...

How do you think Myung will respond if he sees what SungYeol did? Will he be happy or angry?
MyungSoo will stay another week with DongWoo, how do you think that will go? xD
And who was the person DongWoo was messaging all day with...This you'll all find out in the next chapter. =D 

I'll be writing all day (yesterday I was out all day out with my best friend ) so maybe, maybe the next chapter will be out tonight, otherwise you'll see me in two weeks.

English isn't my main language so if you find mistakes, don't hesitate to point them out. 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting.♥