Chapter Thirty-One

Can't Be Tamed

A couple days later, MyungSoo stared how DongWoo walked to an apartment where apparently SungYeol was staying. He rushed out from his hiding-place when the other disappeared in the building, but he was too late, the older was already gone. The younger cursed under his breath and glared at the intercom and all the names next to the bells, trying to find a Lee but there was no such thing. He double-checked by following every name with his finger. “Family Yung”,  “Lim HyunSik”, “Kim”, “Family Choi”, “Hwang MinHyun”, … There wasn’t even a single “Lee,” in this building, something remarkable… nevertheless not helpful to him now. He slammed his hand in frustration against the wall next to the intercom. “Damned, SungYeol!”

 

He intended to ring all the door-bells but if someone would call the police - as he was disturbing the peace in the building – he wouldn’t get anywhere with that…

 

MyungSoo sighed before he pushed himself upright, tonight he would drag the truth out of DongWoo after the older came back home.

 

This was already going on for days since that phone call SungYeol made to DongWoo, not even wanting to speak to MyungSoo. It had hurt his feelings; there was no doubt in that.

 

The first day DongWoo came back later from school, he hadn’t really thought much of it as DongWoo occasionally hanged out with his friends after school, besides MyungSoo had his job to go to.

 

It was only two days later before he had to go to work, when he heard DongWoo’s mother arguing with her son on the phone; asking where DongWoo was and that her son should tell her where he went these last days after school as he was not even having dinner at home. That’s when MyungSoo started to think about it and came to the weird conclusion DongWoo went to SungYeol, but even when he asked the older after that realization…the other denied, telling MyungSoo with a blank face that he didn’t know where SungYeol was. MyungSoo knew the other lied and decided to follow him to find out the truth.

 

Since he knew DongWoo was going to SungYeol, he had taken another leave from work – after begging Daniel that he’ll take over his shift the next day. MyungSoo needed this day, he didn’t tell Daniel that he wanted to stalk DongWoo in hoping to find SungYeol – Daniel had already made remarks when MyungSoo a week before left earlier to spend time with SungYeol - so MyungSoo didn’t need any more teasing on his feelings for the latter.

 

Stalking DongWoo… that was already a whole accomplishment as the older disappeared in thin air right after school was over but MyungSoo still managed to find him, call it luck or maybe because the other was not aware of his surroundings and was randomly strolling, skipping on street, stopping to pet a dog, that it wasn’t difficult to find that figure as passerby talked about him on the streets after they walked by and thought it wasn’t normal for a person to be so…weird. In the end MyungSoo saw DongWoo disappearing into a building where apparently SungYeol was but now appeared another problem…which apartment-number was SungYeol’s “home”…

 

After lingering around the complex for half an hour he soon had to realize there was no use to wait –the cold was creeping fast in his clothes, making him shiver non-stop – for DongWoo to come back out thus he decided to go home and wait for the older there. Only…the minute he fell tiredly down in the couch with a big frustrated sigh, he fell asleep while waiting for the older to come back home.

 

MyungSoo woke up by DongWoo’s mother. “MyungSoo, dear, you should sleep in your bed, it’s more comfortable.” her caring eyes looked concerned at him. She wanted to ask him why he was sleeping in the couch in the first place but she decided not to as the past weeks MyungSoo hadn’t been himself and she realized it had to do with SungYeol who was missing. 

The younger nodded sleepily, pushing him up from the couch to walk to his bedroom. His sleep however vanished immediately when he saw the other’s door was closed and so to speak: home.

 

MyungSoo ran inside DongWoo’s bedroom and harshly woke the other up, who was already sleeping like the death. The younger had to shake him a lot until the older finally opened his eyes.

 

“MyungSoo?” DongWoo asked confused and sat up, blinking his eyes open. “What’s wrong?” He continued asking, rubbing his nose as it had tickled because it had been pressed against the soft blanket.

 

MyungSoo glared at him, deciding to get down to business immediately. “Tell me where SungYeol is!” DongWoo gaped at the random outburst from the younger.  “What do you mean? I already told you I don’t know. How should I-“ DongWoo started to say until MyungSoo interrupted him.  “Bull hyung, I know that you went to his apartment the last couple days!”

 

DongWoo closed his mouth and sighed after thinking what he had to say. “MyungSoo…” he said softly. “…this is not easy for him. I had to beg him to tell him where he was.” MyungSoo looked quizzical. “What?” He retorted and DongWoo sighed. “SungYeol called me to know how things were going and that’s all he wanted to know.”

 

MyungSoo was confused. “Is that what he wanted to know, why couldn’t he ask me? I’m the closest person to him, right?” DongWoo stared at him and averted his attention. “I don’t know,” the older lied.

 

This wasn’t the truth but SungYeol had made him promise not to say anything.

 

Flashback

 

DongWoo looked around the apartment that apparently was from SungYeol. He had seen the “Kim” on the doorbell but he decided not to ask anything as it was highly possible it was the previous owner or something else.

 

“Do you want something to drink?” SungYeol shouted from inside the kitchen and DongWoo replied that water was okay.  The younger came back a little later with a glass of said liquid and coffee for himself, he placed the glass down, continuing by sitting down next to DongWoo on the small couch that had already been in the apartment, the cup in his hands.

 

“Why did you want to speak to me?” SungYeol asked after a short while and turned to look at DongWoo – the latter had been begging him to meet him during their conversation on the phone and SungYeol had given in. DongWoo had a brooding look on his face since SungYeol sat down, taking in how SungYeol lived, the younger’s eyes looked deadly tired, he even lost weight...

 

“SungYeol, you need to go back to your mother!”  The older demanded after he counted everything up in his head and decided that SungYeol living alone wasn’t a good idea for SungYeol’s own health.

 

The taller however shook frantically his head. “I can’t and…I won’t!” DongWoo let out an exasperated sigh. “SungYeol, you need to, your mother is worried! She even came to school and-“

 

“My mother came to school?” SungYeol cut him off, staring in shock at DongWoo who nodded. “She came on Monday, asking us if we knew where you were.”

 

“Us?”  

 

“Yes, me, Hoya and MyungSoo.”

 

SungYeol bit his lip, staring at the coffee in his hands. If his mother came and talked with MyungSoo, he was afraid his mother told MyungSoo what he did. “Did MyungSoo tell you what she said?” He silently whispered, fearing the answer. 

 

DongWoo shook his head and SungYeol let out a relieved sigh until the older continued. “MyungSoo he’s…been not himself the last weeks. I’m sure he wants to know where you are and-“

 

“MyungSoo can’t know where I am, hyung, promise me not to tell him anything!” SungYeol begged him. DongWoo couldn’t really follow why MyungSoo wasn’t allowed to know where SungYeol was. “Did you two guys have a fight? I mean after that late evening out you both had, MyungSoo came back all happily-“

 

“We didn’t have a fight,” SungYeol’s heart fluttered when he heard how happy MyungSoo was, this reflected his own radiating eyes and his thoughts about their little hang-out. “I just don’t want him to worry about me, so promise that you won’t tell MyungSoo where I am and how I live, please hyung.” DongWoo nodded slowly, he decided not to tell SungYeol how MyungSoo was already worried sick about the other.  DongWoo however would keep an eye on the whole situation with SungYeol, and if SungYeol’s health got worse, he would tell MyungSoo, the younger deserved to know if his friend was in trouble. “I promise if…you promise me something in return…Let me visit you every day.” SungYeol frowned with that request but nodded.

 

Flashback end

 

“Fine!” MyungSoo said clearly chagrined and jumped off the bed. “No good night!” He shouted over his shoulder and slammed the door close. DongWoo sighed.

 

If DongWoo thought MyungSoo would give up on getting the truth out of him the next day, he was wrong. MyungSoo kept pestering him during school with questions which…DongWoo didn’t have an answer on. SungYeol didn’t tell DongWoo anything, he knew the taller was working but that was about it, he didn’t know where, how many hours, how much SungYeol earned – probably not a lot as SungYeol was a minor and this made him afraid SungYeol was doing some hard labour. The only thing he did see is how SungYeol didn’t take enough care of himself and the more days past, now a week, and SungYeol lost even more weight, DongWoo had have enough and decided to tell MyungSoo so the younger could put some sense in that stupid head of SungYeol…

 

 

“MyungSoo, I need to talk to you.” DongWoo had come to him after school was over. MyungSoo was just planning to go home and get ready for work but when he saw the determined look in DongWoo’s eyes; he had nodded and followed DongWoo to a bench.

 

“SungYeol isn’t eating, he looks so thin.”


“SungYeol is working some hard labour, I’m sure of that.”
 

“SungYeol asked me not to tell you anything because he doesn’t want you to worry about him, but now I’m worried myself and I think you’re the only one that can put some sense in that head.”

 

“SungYeol needs to go back home.”

 

 

MyungSoo was standing in front of the apartment SungYeol stayed in, his eyes b with tears.

He couldn’t believe how stupid SungYeol was. He was shaken up out of his thoughts when he saw a young man going into the building. He followed fast behind that person, acting like he was a resident, making small talk.

 

DongWoo had told him the number of the apartment and MyungSoo stood nervously next to the person in the elevator. What would he do if he saw SungYeol? He wasn’t sure himself. The elevator reached the floor he needed to get out and he said friendly goodbye. The apartment-number came into his view, his heart speeding up the closer he went. He knocked, at first one time but then his emotions started taking over and he started rambling his fists on the door until finally…SungYeol opened the door, at first annoyed but then surprised. “MyungSoo?”

 

When MyungSoo saw how SungYeol looked, pale, unhealthy, he rushed forward and…punched SungYeol square in the face.   

 

 

 


A/N : Guess, who's back! Meee~ 
Are you happy? Who missed this story?~
I'm the worst aren't I? Coming back and then leaving you again with this... xD

I'm back to concentrate my thoughts only and only on this story, my other story - the reason why this was kind of on hold - is finished, please check it out! ==> here (crossover!fic - HyunSoo/Gieok - ty keke) I would love to hear my readers their thoughts. You know how comments make a author happy, don't you? Don't you? Comments and upvotes. 

Soo...it's coming closer and closer the "MyungYeol", I can hear people shouting finally.
I know, I know, slowest build up in a story goes to...
Anyway, I've said it before and countless times before, I won't change the pace of this story.
It's just how this story wants to be written, I can't help it. >_<

Should I spoiler you a little?
MyungSoo is going to live with SungYeol  <== *select and get spoilered*

For those waiting for WooHyun, I feel bad for you, there will be hell a lot of MyungYeol first before WooHyun appears "back" in SungYeol's life (also SungGyu). That little appearance in the club has nothing to do with the plot of this story, it was just a little treat and WooHyun and SungGyu forced themselves inside the story, they couldn't wait either. xD That aside...should I take the WooYeol out?...No.

The Sewol ferry accident is so sad, it's also a reason why I couldn't concentrate well this last weeks on anything, I couldn't even fangirl (not that difficult when S-Korea stopped with everything]. 

 

 

Last but not least LAST ROMEO, I can't wait!!!
INFINITE my #1 love forever and ever!