Chapter Six

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol woke up by the annoying sound of his alarm, well it had done it purpose, waking SungYeol up and got rewarded by SungYeol hitting it on the cold floor, continue ringing its way on the ground not stopping until SungYeol jumped out bed to take it and hit the stop button.

He ran his fingers through his hair with sleepy eyes and stumbled to his clothes on the other side of the room before he walked fast to the bathroom, he overslept again and didn’t have enough time to take a long shower. He grabbed his bag in his bedroom after he was done in the bathroom and ran downstairs where his mother was waiting with his breakfast.

“Why didn’t you wake me up, mom?” He whined while stuffing his mouth full with rice and kimchi. His mother looked amazed at her son, wondering if more could fit in that mouth before she snapped out of it and looked at him who was still watching her. “You said yourself that you don’t want me to step in your bedroom,  remember?”

SungYeol nodded fast and swallowed, taking a gulp of his water to let it slide down his throat. He remembered alright, he was a teenager and started to experiment with his body, not wanting his mother to walk in while he jerked himself off, it almost happened once that’s why he made his mother promise never to walk in his room. He was done eating and kissed his mother goodbye to then run out of the door, hopefully on time to catch the latest bus to be on time in school.

Normally he took another bus, a bus which MyungSoo also took but as he overslept he wouldn’t see him on the bus but that was alright as they would see each other at school. They didn’t exchange numbers yet thus he couldn’t warn MyungSoo. The bus arrived and he sat down with a big sigh, staring outside the window until he arrived at school.

MyungSoo wasn’t on the playground making pictures nor being a loner and SungYeol walked to his other friends to stand with DongWoo who started talking about an upcoming party where YongHwa, MinHyuk, JongHyun & JungShin would play with their band. SungYeol was curious to know what kind of music they made and agreed to attend. The party would be on a Saturday in the guy named Kris’s house.

SungYeol noted the information down and then walked in the school building wondering where MyungSoo was. He found him in their classroom, sleeping on the bench, head on a dictionary they rarely used. He smiled and came closer, taking in MyungSoo’s sleepy face and sat down next to him, thinking what MyungSoo did the whole night that he was this tired.

The bell sounded and SungYeol poked the other who didn’t budge. SungYeol poked him again but it seemed MyungSoo was a heavy sleeper. SungYeol sighed and leaned closer to his ear. “MyungSoo, wake up, school is starting.” He poked him again and this time MyungSoo slowly started to blink and looked straight in SungYeol’s eyes. When he came closer SungYeol backed away and stared confused to MyungSoo.

MyungSoo coughed and sat up. “Morning,” he said, his voice still thick with sleep. SungYeol nodded and looked in front of him to slowly see the students coming in the room. “Didn’t you sleep last night?” He asked MyungSoo who was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. “I did,” MyungSoo replied, yawning. He closed his eyes again, wanting to sleep some more.

SungYeol watched him and found his actions cute. The other turned to look at him, his eyes small.
“but not enough sleep,” he informed SungYeol and leaned his head back on the dictionary. “Wake me up when we have to move classroom,” He said before falling asleep again.

SungYeol shook his head with a smile and looked at Miss Hyun who came in the classroom with a box. “Today is the start of your science project, a project you’ll have to work on with another person.” She put the box down and stared at the students. “You won’t choose, I’ll make the pairings by random picking.” Students sighed and whined about it but Hyun-sunsengnim was determined and looked strictly towards those who had sighed or whined. “I have a box with all your names in it and this will decide who your partner will be.” She smiled and then put her hand in the box. “Kim Woo Won with…” she grabbed another paper and read the name on it. “Park Eun Hye” … “Kim MyungSoo with,” she grabbed a paper and then looked up. “Lee Sung Yeol.” SungYeol sighed relieved and MyungSoo who still had his eyes closed but had been very attentive to the whole thing smiled and opened his eyes to look at the other. “You better be good at this.” SungYeol laughed when he saw how serious MyungSoo was. “I was one of the best students in my year.” The other informed him but MyungSoo kept staring at him before he mumbled: “Be attentive and tell me later what we have to do.” He closed his eyes once again and SungYeol was sure MyungSoo now really fell asleep.

Hyun-sunsengnim explained everything and SungYeol already could tell that this would be a lot of work, 80% of their end-result was depending on this project thus he wanted to start with this as soon as possible. First period was over and the teacher left. SungYeol poked the other awake and gave him the paper with the explanation of their project. MyungSoo’s eyes fell on it and he slowly started to ingest the information. “That’s…a lot of work.” he concluded and looked at SungYeol who nodded. “Better we start this already tonight.”

MyungSoo nodded slowly, agreeing. The other took his phone to ask his mother if MyungSoo could come over after school, he was sure she would say yes but an unexpected message came back.

“If you need a quiet place then the house won’t do, I’m having class over tonight.-Mom”

SungYeol sighed and stared at MyungSoo. “Can we go to your place?” MyungSoo looked surprised. “My place?” The other nodded. “I wanted you to come to my house to start on this project but my mother has her cooking class over and they are loud.” He shuddered when he remembered the last time they came over. Some woman kept touching his cheeks, telling how chubby and cute his cheeks were. SungYeol hated people who touched him without his consent.

MyungSoo nodded understandable. “Okay,” he replied and SungYeol smiled. “Great!” He patted MyungSoo on the back and then looked back in front of him, wondering how MyungSoo’s house was, if he had nice parents or siblings and whatnot.

MyungSoo regretted saying yes but he couldn’t go back on his word, he never did and today wouldn’t be the first time. He hoped SungYeol wouldn’t judge him for living the way he did or wouldn’t ask weird questions. He contemplated about this a lot and before he knew school was over and SungYeol packed everything and ran to the door. “Come on!” He shouted with a smile, waiting for MyungSoo to get up.

MyungSoo slowly took his bag and walked towards SungYeol who stepped aside so MyungSoo could walk out the room.

They went outside and again SungYeol couldn't keep his mouth shut. MyungSoo only answered him twice but it was enough for SungYeol, as now he just knew MyungSoo was this way and not that the other didn’t want to talk to him or something.

The bus arrived and they got on the bus, SungYeol sitting down and MyungSoo next to him. SungYeol almost wanted to get up when his stop came near but MyungSoo laughed. “My place, remember.” SungYeol fell back down in the seat and laughed, scratching the back of his head. “I forgot,” he admitted and took out his phone to message his mother that he would be later at home. Her answer came fast.

“Fine, be careful. - Mom”

SungYeol put his phone away and stared outside, taking in the new route he was taking. They got off at MyungSoo’s stop and SungYeol looked around while they were walking. MyungSoo felt his heart beating when his apartment came into view and slowly walked towards it.

SungYeol fell silent and watched the rundown apartment and stepped in the building without a word. MyungSoo took his keys out and breathed in before he opened the door.

SungYeol expected MyungSoo to shout he was home but instead the other ran to the heater to turn it to maximum. SungYeol looked around the apartment before he stared at MyungSoo. “You live alone?” MyungSoo bit his lip and didn’t look up. “Yes,” he answered softly and he expected a lot of questions but instead…

“Awesome!” SungYeol exclaimed and plopped down on the couch after taking his shoes off at the door, making himself at home. MyungSoo slowly looked up and gave SungYeol a smile in return. He also sat down and for a while it was quiet until SungYeol grabbed his bag. “Right…the project!”

MyungSoo silently watched SungYeol explaining the project and he knew that SungYeol would be a lot here, not that he minded that…at all.

They had to surf on the internet for information, go to the library, make a report, interview people, build the project. This would be a lot of work and actually MyungSoo was glad because this meant that he and SungYeol would spend a lot of time together.

After they were done talking about the project and school, they were lazing around, television on.
“Do you want to eat something?” MyungSoo asked after his stomach started to growl for food. The other laughed when he heard that, only to shut up when his stomach answered MyungSoo’s stomach but louder. “What can you offer?” He asked politely.

MyungSoo shrugged and got up to walk to his fridge, inspecting it. “I will make us something,” he told SungYeol and without waiting for an answer he started singing while he got busy in the kitchen, SungYeol hoping it would be edible while enjoying MyungSoo’s singing voice.

30 minutes later SungYeol stared at the food on the table. “Did you really make this?” He asked amazed, staring at the rice, kimchi and all the side dishes on the table before he looked around the kitchen, trying to find some catering bags. MyungSoo nodded shyly and sat down. “I hope you like it.”

SungYeol also sat down and took a bite. “My mother has a competitor,” he then said and smiled to MyungSoo who only got more shy after that compliment. Dinner was overall quiet but that’s a good thing if you like it.

“I’m stuffed!” SungYeol patted his stomach and leaned backwards. “You’re a really great cook!”
MyungSoo shook his head but smiled nevertheless.

“Did you teach it yourself?” SungYeol asked when he brought the dishes and the bowls to MyungSoo who already put water in the sink and started cleaning the dishes.

“My mother taught me,” the other said quietly and SungYeol took the hint that the other didn’t want to talk about it. He grabbed a kitchen-towel to dry everything as that’s the least he could do after eating such a great dinner.

MyungSoo sat down in the couch and SungYeol sat next to him, soon they were immersed in this movie they were watching and when that movie was over, SungYeol looked on his clock to yell: “!”

MyungSoo turned to stare at him. “What?” He asked worriedly.

SungYeol slowly looked from his phone to him. “The last bus already left!” He shouted and jumped from the couch, debating if he should call his mother as she didn’t have a car and couldn’t pick him up anyway.

MyungSoo thought about it and looked at his bed after he saw SungYeol wasn’t making a move to go away. “You can stay here for the night,” he softly said and looked away.

SungYeol stared with open mouth to him. “Really? Thank you, MyungSoo!” He immediately called his mother who was also thankful for letting him stay. He wished his mother a good night and ended the conversation, putting his phone back away.

MyungSoo didn’t know what he should do, he was happy that SungYeol stayed but again this had been a spur of the moment. He didn’t even had spare blankets. He got up to walk to his wardrobe, hoping that miraculously spare blankets would appear which…didn’t.

“What are you doing?” SungYeol’s voice sounded behind his back and MyungSoo turned around. “Searching for blankets.” He explained and turned back around.

The taller looked at MyungSoo’s bed and sat down on the edge. MyungSoo sighed when he knew it was hopeless and turned to look at SungYeol. “I’m afraid I don’t have any spare blankets.”

SungYeol shrugged. “It’s okay, I’ll sleep without a blanket.”

MyungSoo bit his lip, he wasn’t okay with this at all. “You can sleep in my bed if you want.”

SungYeol looked from the bed to MyungSoo. “What about you?”

MyungSoo laughed but then got shy again. “I’ll sleep also in it,” he answered and when he looked at SungYeol he just saw how the other was considering the idea. He came closer to him as if being pushed to get more courage. “It’s big enough for two persons,” he added and SungYeol slowly nodded after contemplating about the idea. “Okay,” he replied after a while, totally surprising MyungSoo.

MyungSoo nodded and walked fast past SungYeol to go to the bathroom, holding his inner fanboy back. He leaned against the closed door and breathed in and out. SungYeol would sleep in his bed, the guy whom he almost fantasized about the past weeks would sleep in his bed. He couldn’t believe his luck.

He walked out and saw SungYeol still sitting at the same place. “Do you maybe have spare sweatpants?” MyungSoo walked fast to his wardrobe to get them out and SungYeol grabbed them. “Be right back,” he mumbled under his breath and left fast for the bathroom.

Some minutes later he was back and walked closer to the bed. MyungSoo tried not to stare at SungYeol's torso but failed not to. “What side do you sleep on?” SungYeol asked and MyungSoo had to think about SungYeol's question before he could answer by nodding to the side the farthest from the window, finally his gaze away from SungYeol's bare skin. SungYeol nodded, totally oblivious to MyungSoo's thoughts and waited for the other to lay down so he could also lay down.

They got under the blanket and MyungSoo almost drifted off to sleep when SungYeol poked him. “Say…do you have any weird sleep habits?” MyungSoo thought about it. “Not that I know off,” he replied. SungYeol nodded and looked back at the ceiling. “Good night, MyungSoo.” MyungSoo yawned and nodded. “Good night, SungYeol.”

 

“What the , MyungSoo!” SungYeol yelled and pushed MyungSoo away who was clinging on him like a koala. SungYeol sat fast up and stared annoyed at the other only to see that he was still sleeping. “MyungSoo?” He tried again and poked the other but MyungSoo didn’t budge.

SungYeol laughed when he realized what happened and shook his head, already forgetting this weird sleeping habit MyungSoo has. He stared at MyungSoo for a while before he closed his eyes again and tried to fall asleep again.

MyungSoo clung on him again some hours or were it minutes later but SungYeol was too tired to push the other away, he needed his sleep and soon he got used to MyungSoo’s arms around him and this time he fell asleep till it was time to get up.