Chapter Twenty-Six

Can't Be Tamed

!!!!!!!!   1/3 UPDATE (22/12) !!!!!!!!!!


Flash forward

 SungYeol ran to the next allay, just in time as now the narrow lane was lit up by blue-white lights. He held his breath, staring frozen to the brick stone wall. In front of him were filled trash cans, the smell of rotten food was thankfully bearable,  his sweaty fingers grabbed urgently the straps of his backpack, making himself as small as possible. When the police-car drove past him without stopping  he let out a suppressed breath he didn’t know he was holding. He didn’t know if his mother already called the police but after everything that happened this night…SungYeol closed his eyes to push away any thoughts that wanted to break free about this evening and pushed himself up. There was only one place he could go to - without his mother having any clue on - because if he went to MyungSoo (the first person that came to mind to run to) she would find a way to find out that he lived with DongWoo and take him back home. What he planned to do now hadn’t been in his planning, but for now this was the only way. He  took a deep breath and then ran to the apartment he rented for MyungSoo which the other didn’t know about (yet) to hide in there.  

-

3 days ago

SungYeol sighed deeply when he averted his eyes from MyungSoo’s back who now was walking away with DongWoo as it was the same story over and over again that happened these past week.

He turned around and sauntered to the bus stop. The taller sat down, placed his schoolbag next to him - not caring that someone was throwing him nasty looks as they wanted to sit on that place - and leaned his head against the cold window, seeing through his eyelashes the buildings flash by.

DongWoo had been the whole week with them (today was Thursday) that SungYeol didn’t have any alone time at all with MyungSoo. It wasn’t that MyungSoo ignored him or something, no, it was more like DongWoo was now added to their group and as DongWoo was ‘special’ he took all their attention. Every time when SungYeol and MyungSoo sat alone, DongWoo appeared not much later and started talking randomly about stuff, to both of them.

There were also times where SungYeol searched for the younger during break and he couldn’t find him (even when they exited the classroom together) but later he saw DongWoo and MyungSoo walking back to class (after the break was over), faces serious that SungYeol knew they just had a private talk alone (it stung).

SungYeol didn’t want to feel jealous as there was no reason to be jealous, MyungSoo always came to him to talk with him and he was glad that MyungSoo and DongWoo made up, but still…he missed MyungSoo and their small talks.

The taller got off the bus and strolled home. As he was still grounded after school he couldn’t spend time with MyungSoo at DongWoo’s place, despite being invited every day by DongWoo (MyungSoo never invited him for some reason).

The taller kicked some loose rocks away which hit a parked car and he examined fast the neighbourhood but luckily no one saw it, but to be sure he fled until he was out of that street.

He looked over his shoulder with a sigh before sauntering further. He still had to find a good moment to tell MyungSoo that he got the younger an apartment. A week almost passed thus the apartment was near ready for him to take only now he needed to find a good time (and courage). Yet after this past week…maybe MyungSoo wanted to stay with DongWoo. He knew DongWoo’s mother would be more than thrilled to adopt MyungSoo…

He put his bag down in the hallway and greeted his mother before he went upstairs to place his school stuff away. Disregarding that his mother had accepted – kind of – the things he had done, their relationship wasn’t the best anymore to spend all evening with her downstairs, but SungYeol couldn’t care less.

“SungYeol, will you set the table, please?” His mother yelled to him upstairs and he did what was told, setting the table, eating dinner, making a small conversation about his day in school and then went back upstairs after saying good night.

-

The next day in school, he didn’t see MyungSoo on the playground thus he went in the school-building, his feet leading him to the class-room where he found MyungSoo sleeping. He smiled while leaning against the doorframe, looking at the younger who was resting with his head on the red dictionary they used for English, he couldn’t help but to have a déjà-vu of the first time he saw the younger.

The taller kept watching the younger, the light from outside falling on MyungSoo, making him even more angel-like. Without noticing he had this goofy smile on his face. He pushed himself away from the doorcase and walked over to MyungSoo, taking in the other’s beauty.

He continued to sit down next to the younger. “MyungSoo,” he whispered but when the other didn’t move he leaned closer to the other’s ear, pushing his chair also closer. “Myung…Soo,” he uttered softly. MyungSoo finally stirred in his sleep and very slowly the younger blinked his eyes open, thinking that he was having a perfect dream where SungYeol was smiling and being so close to him, he even imagined seeing love in SungYeol’s eyes.

“SungYeol?” he whispered groggily and kept staring in the other’s eyes who also couldn’t avert his eyes from the other. MyungSoo swallowed, wanting to grab the chance and kiss those lips that haunted his dreams since the first time he laid eyes on SungYeol. He leaned closer, seeing surprise in SungYeol’s eyes but there was also curiosity…

Triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

They got interrupted by the school bell, immediately not soon after classmates ran inside to take their seats. MyungSoo and SungYeol both went back to their own side of the desk. The younger was slightly horrified that this hadn’t been a dream but reality instead and he glanced over at SungYeol who kept his eyes on the black board the whole time.

MyungSoo sighed and placed his head back on the dictionary, hoping that SungYeol would forget what just happened (there was this small feeling inside MyungSoo’s heart telling that SungYeol had been anticipating). He fell happy asleep with that thought.

SungYeol turned his head when the teacher left (their first school period was over) and smiled when he was greeted by a sleeping MyungSoo. ‘Why is MyungSoo sleeping in class? Is he working, again?’ He glanced at DongWoo, wanting to ask but when he saw how the other was busy writing down everything that was written on the black board (as DongWoo had been spaced out the whole lesson), SungYeol shook his head, deciding to demand an answer later and concentrated when the next teacher came inside. He briefly looked over at MyungSoo but when he saw that the other was still sleeping, he let him sleep.

-

During lunch break, they sat down in the cafeteria, munching on their food, SungYeol and MyungSoo next to each other, DongWoo in front of them, talking non-stop about homework and a program he saw last night about extinct animals. SungYeol had slightly giving up on talking to MyungSoo alone for now but when his eyes saw MyungSoo leaving for the bathroom, DongWoo blabbering further about dinosaurs he grabbed DongWoo’s arm. “Hyung, is MyungSoo working again?” He asked  and DongWoo confirmed it rather fast. “Yes, he is ” he said with a sad smile, looking to the direction where the younger disappeared to, knowing how tired MyungSoo always was after work.

“Do you know the address of his work?” SungYeol then asked  and DongWoo turned his attention back to SungYeol. “Yes, it’s…”  

SungYeol memorized the address and smiled thankfully to DongWoo, not answering when the other asked why he wanted to know.