Chapter Twenty-Four

Can't Be Tamed

SungYeol ran into MyungSoo’s arms, the anger he had for his mother immediately faded away when he felt MyungSoo’s body softly bumping against his.

Why do I run into another guy’s arms?

SungYeol did not know. This wasn’t what guys did when being angry or sad, this was what girls did when being desperate but here he was, the minute he stepped inside the house, he knew this is what he needed the most and it was. MyungSoo’s silky hair felt soft against his cheek.

He knew MyungSoo had stiffened, this he felt when MyungSoo didn’t move at all, SungYeol did feel the other’s heart pounding loudly but he thought this was because the younger felt awkward by this whole situation of having another guy in his arms yet SungYeol was glad that MyungSoo didn’t pull away and SungYeol used that to comfort himself some more before he gave up and wanted to step back, because believe it or not embracing someone who doesn’t even reciprocate wasn’t the best feeling...

The moment he did want to step away, trying to think of an excuse why he did this…MyungSoo’s arms went around his waist and SungYeol felt the other’s cold nose pressing against his skin. SungYeol was perplexed and both their hearts were now beating loudly in unison.

-

“SungYeol, come in, sit down.” This was what he heard when he entered the poorly lit office of the principal on the third floor, the head teacher was seated behind his brown desk and was looking at SungYeol, gesturing to take place in the black chair in front of him. The chair looked like it was meant for interrogating someone and soon he would find out it was. SungYeol swallowed before he took one two three steps forward until he sat down.

“Lee SungYeol,” the principal started and SungYeol nodded softly. “Yes, sir?” The head teacher sighed. “You’ve skipped school for some days last week, where were you?” The principal asked being straightforward immediately. SungYeol bit his lip, not wanting to answer that, because what could he say? I skipped school to search for MyungSoo? Then MyungSoo could get also in trouble if he wasn’t already…

“Not going to answer?” The principal’s voice boomed and SungYeol looked at the desk, finding it more interesting than the look on the man’s face. “Just like your classmate Kim MyungSoo…” The taller looked up when he heard MyungSoo’s name and saw the man reaching for something in the drawer of his desk. “We have this policy in school as we want to maintain our good name, that everyone who skips…”

-

SungYeol got off the bus and walked with heavy feet towards his home where he had to deliver the letter that now his school-file wasn’t so pure anymore and that he could forget universities that never wanted students to be seen breaking any rules.

“I’m home,” he said tiredly and threw his backpack down to get his coat off, bad move, because when his mother came to greet him she yelled at him to bring his bag upstairs and not to make any mess as she just cleaned the house.

He went up and placed the discussed thing down on his bed, slowly opening it to take the letter out, staring.  If he wanted he could sign it himself… then his mother wouldn’t be angry at him and she would only discover it much later (and then he would be ready he hoped), the idea was tempting but he never had signed tests nor letters in his parent’s place and didn’t actually know how to copy his mother’s autograph. He ruffled his hand through his hair, thinking about it but then turned around to face the door, deciding to deal with the short pain.

-

“Mom, I have something…” She looked up from cutting onions when he came inside the kitchen. “What is it?” She asked and her eyes traveled to the letter in SungYeol’s hand who went closer and handed it over to her, her eyes curiously looking at the letter-head from the school on top. SungYeol looked down, not wanting to see his mother’s reaction. He could almost imagine her eyes growing big with shock and that soon she would start yelling at him, what…happened!

“What is this!” She asked, shaking the letter furiously. SungYeol still didn’t know what to answer and this made her more angry and slammed the letter on table, the utilities on the table shaking. While she was angrily looking at SungYeol only one thought ran through her mind: her dreams being crushed to send SungYeol to the majestic university she wanted him to go to because she couldn’t go herself when she was younger. She already knew that he skipped school last week, but this…didn’t occur to her that this would happen.

She breathed hard in and out, thinking of all the things that happened since SungYeol came to this school and where it went wrong. SungYeol sleeping over at MyungSoo’s place where she had to call him to know where he was, hadn’t he been drunk that evening? SungYeol skipping school because of something that had to do with MyungSoo…

”I want you to stop being friends with that MyungSoo kid.” She eventually said, SungYeol’s eyes grew big. “W-What?” He stuttered, not believing what his mother was saying. She stared sternly at him. “MyungSoo isn’t a good friend for you, look what happened because of him, you-“

SungYeol stomped away, his mother yelling after him to come back but when he didn’t listen, she ran after him and grabbed him by his shoulders just when he wanted to go out of the front-door. “Where do you think you’re going?” She hissed and SungYeol tried to get free from her hold. “Out!” He hastily pulled away from her grip, turned around and walked towards the door when his mother yelled one last thing at him. “I’m calling your father about this!” SungYeol slammed the door close and started walking.

He only stopped walking when he left the familiar neighborhood and didn’t know where he was yet he couldn’t care less, even if he got lost, everything was better than to go back home and face his mother and whatever she had to say. He couldn’t take it that his mother talked badly about MyungSoo, MyungSoo hadn’t done anything wrong, she didn’t even knew the things MyungSoo went through and if she ever found out that he emptied his savings account just for MyungSoo…
His mother could forbid him from seeing MyungSoo but SungYeol wouldn’t even listen, he needed MyungSoo…

He stopped walking when that thought became clear.

I need MyungSoo.

SungYeol didn’t have many friends since he moved to Seoul, the only people he had were DongWoo, Hoya and MyungSoo and even when he liked hanging around with DongWoo and sometimes Hoya, it was different with MyungSoo.

MyungSoo was the person that became the closest to him, the person he cared the most about, the person he had feelings for he couldn’t pin-point what these feelings were but fact was that he wanted MyungSoo in his life. He stopped when his feet brought him to a bench in a park and sat down to relax and stop thinking.

-

“I order you to come back home, mister!” His mother said at the phone when SungYeol picked it up, getting distracted from watching dogs play with each other. SungYeol sighed annoyed. “I don’t want to,” he honestly said and then she started yelling again so that he had to keep his phone away from his ear, letting his mother rant.

“Where are you!” She shouted after she was done giving SungYeol a piece of her mind. SungYeol didn’t know where he was and answered. “Somewhere.”

She snapped. “I hope you’re not by that kid!” SungYeol started to become angry and defensive. “So what if I were!” He heard his mother breath hard and waited for her outburst. “You. Home. Now otherwise you’ll leave tonight with your father and start living with-“ He disconnected the phone call angrily and got up, running furious to the person he had in mind that he needed the most.

-

“MyungSoo, I- WOAH AM I DISRUPTING SOMETHING?”

SungYeol and MyungSoo pulled fast away from each other, both immediately becoming shy with the situation now that the magic was broken.  Neither of them answered DongWoo who had come in and witnessed this weird scene. DongWoo kept looking to both of them and slowly started to back off, understanding that he just interrupted something he shouldn’t have. He slowly walked back. “I’ll leave you alone,” he uttered before opening the door, stepping backwards and then closing it again in front of his face, this would have been funny for both of them if the situation they just got in wasn’t pressing down on them.

SungYeol sighed relieved that the other was gone yet he didn’t know how to start the conversation with MyungSoo because how do you explain to another guy why you needed his arms around you, well at first it was only SungYeol hugging him but then MyungSoo hugged him back and it got even better.

MyungSoo coughed and SungYeol looked slowly up, catching MyungSoo’s eyes on him, in there an emotion what SungYeol didn’t quite understand but MyungSoo averted his eyes fast and did SungYeol just see MyungSoo blush?

“So…uhm…what are you doing here?” MyungSoo softly asked but didn’t look at SungYeol as the ground was more interesting. SungYeol fell with a big sigh on the chair when the situation from before came back to him, MyungSoo following suit, eyes curiously on the latter.

-

SungYeol told MyungSoo the encounter with his mom and that she threatened to force him to live with his father, MyungSoo listened quietly, sometimes saying something, eyes growing wide when he heard about the last thing, he didn’t want SungYeol to leave.

“Maybe you should go back home and try to reason with your mother, make some deals or something that from now on you’ll do your best and-“

“What if she tells me not to see you ever again?” SungYeol interrupted, staring at the younger.

MyungSoo swallowed. “I don’t know,” he admitted softly and froze when SungYeol grabbed his hand. “MyungSoo, I-“

SungYeol’s phone went off and MyungSoo took his hand in reflex back, looking at SungYeol who stared now at his phone, it didn’t take a genius to know that it was the taller’s mother.

“Go home, SungYeol.” MyungSoo said after he saw that SungYeol didn’t make a move to pick up and he also didn’t want the other to get into more trouble as he was already. SungYeol stared at his phone until it stopped ringing and nodded softly. “I will,” he got up but turned back around when he reached the back-door.  “Soo-yah,” MyungSoo blinked and looked at SungYeol who grinned, shaking his head with a laugh. “Thanks,” he waved and then left.

MyungSoo’s heart started to pound and he kept his hand at his heart, blinking and then a smile broke free on his lips. He didn’t know what exactly happened but this he would always remember how SungYeol had hugged him and how SungYeol had smelled…

When he turned around after being on cloud nine he froze when DongWoo stood in the door-way, staring at him. “You like SungYeol, don’t you?” The other asked, there was no disgust or anything in his voice, merely a statement but MyungSoo who recalled what happened in the past, didn’t want to say anything and wanted to walk past him when DongWoo stopped him.

“It’s okay, I…”

MyungSoo interrupted him fast. “What’s it to you! You don’t understand!” He spit and wanted to get out the kitchen when DongWoo sighed heavily. “I…do know how you feel.” MyungSoo turned surprised around, looking at the taller who stared back at him. “’cause…I…may have feelings for someone.”  


A/N : It wasn' my intention to let 3 weeks go by again, it seriously wasn't but then things happened...
stress in one week to get tickets for OGS London and Paris (I got them! =D) and then a lot of work and other stuff, don't worry nothing to worry about, I'm very healthy. xD 

Anyway,
Thank you all for your support, you have no idea how happy comments make me even when this story is going SLOW and that this will without a doubt turn out to be my longest story so far. I can only wish that you all will keep supporting me. ^^