Chapter One

Can't Be Tamed

 ~ 6 years ago ~

SungYeol's alarm clock ended up on the floor when he tried to push the snooze button. He whined in despair when the sound didn’t stop but started to sound harder instead. He covered his head with his pillow but the sound didn't get muted at all. Because of that he threw his pillow away in frustration, pushed the blanket away and got up, kicking away the clock by accident when stepping out of bed. He moaned in agony and fell on his knees to get the clock out under the closet where it landed. Finally after turning the alarm off, he put it back on his drawer, his eyes falling on the time it displayed…and cursed!

He ran fast to the chair where his pants and shirt were - he prepared them last night so he didn't have to think what he should wear today - to pull them fast on while jumping out the door, trying to push his one leg through his pants. He made his way to the bathroom, passing his mother who just stared at him, already used to this weird behaviour of her son in the morning. "Ten minutes, SungYeol," she said calmly and went down the stairs to go to the kitchen.

He finally managed to pull his pants on - the way it should be - and continued running to the bathroom to get ready for school. After he was done brushing his teeth and washing his face, he headed downstairs into the kitchen to grab his lunch packet his mother had made and kissed  her on the cheek before running out of the door, yelling: “I see you tonight mom, love you!”  he didn't wait for an answer back.

SungYeol stopped just outside the door, blinking for a couple of moments to get used to the sun shining in his eyes. He smiled and looked for a second up to welcome this day, closing his eyes to enjoy the warmth of the sun. Today would be his first day at the new school and he was excited. He looked back in front of him when he saw the bus at the stop...the bus he was supposed to take. 

While cursing he sprinted to the bus…only to see the bus starting to close the doors in front of him. As he was too late to put his own hand between the doors to prevent them from closing, already making up excuses to use for his first day at school, suddenly he saw hands coming between said doors and pushing them back open. SungYeol sighed relieved and jumped fast on the bus before the driver would yell at him that he was holding up everyone.

SungYeol caught his breath and looked up to thank his rescuer who seemed his age, he had a pretty face, a nose that was perfectly shaped, lips which probably all girls would find kissable and eyes that stared directly in his soul, the guy who was dressed only in black smiled at SungYeol.

T-Thanks…for...holding the doors." he breathed hard in and out, bowing deeply to show his respect even if he didn't know if the guy was older or younger than him.

The guy nodded and hid his hands behind his back, biting his lip while rubbing and clenching them to get the feeling out that it took a lot of force to stop the doors from closing.

"Are you okay?" SungYeol asked after he noticed what the guy was doing and moved to the side to look at the guy's hands. The guy laughed that SungYeol actually had done that and nodded. ”I’m fine," he said and walked past SungYeol to go to the back of the bus when the bus stopped at the next stop.

Soon a new load of children came on the bus and SungYeol was crushed between some girl who actually smelled very nice, she had long black hair, a lot of make-up on, yellow earrings and a purple dress, showing very clearly her beautiful curves. He didn't think it was the worst thing to be crushed between her and an old guy behind him whose back was faced to his back, thank god. SungYeol already got ual harassed by some old creepy guy on the bus, a memory he didn’t want to be reminded of ever again.

SungYeol exchanged eye-contact with her and the girl blushed when SungYeol winked at her.

If this girl is going to be in my class, I'm going to be very happy! SungYeol thought with a smile and tried not to look at her s. Luck however wasn’t in his favour when the bus stopped and a lot of people needed to get out, the girl also had to get out and brushed past him, her s touching his arm and then she was gone.

SungYeol had still some bus-stops left and sighed when he realized she wouldn't be in his class or school for that matter. He looked around in the bus and saw still a lot of girls on the bus but there was no one as nice looking as she had been.

He got out of the bus when he started to recognize some buildings and looked at his new school in the distance, a building he already visited before with his mother when they registered him and it looked so impressive at that time, but now with all the children around it, walking slowly inside the gates, most with a sour face, it looked sad, like a prison.

SungYeol moved with his mother away from Gyeonggi-do to Seoul in August. This all happened after his parents broke up because they couldn't live with each other anymore. SungYeol's father was always busy with work, sometimes not coming home at all and his mother have had enough.  SungYeol who was an only child chose to go with his mother (after they asked him). He loved his father but he knew that his father couldn’t take care of him and SungYeol who was still 17 and underage, needed to be taken care of.

SungYeol strolled to the school, his eyes on the new asphalt, trying to find flaws in it. Suddenly he got pushed by someone and got dragged with the human sea to his high school, just in time before the bell sounded, indicating that it was time for a new school-year to begin.

He sighed relieved that he wasn't late at his first day of school and walked to the reception to say that he was the new kid. The not so skinny women behind the wooden desk looked for a good minute at him before she got up from her chair to take out some papers in the filling cabinet behind the chair. Checking on his documents, she nodded and turned to him smiling.  “The school principal will be here soon to guide you to your class, please take a seat.” He nodded and sat down, waiting for the said man to come.

A seemingly well-build man in his forties came to him and shook his hand. “Lee SungYeol, welcome to my school,” he boomed. The principal started to talk, when they went on their way to class, about rules and SungYeol listened to him while getting impressed with the man. In his old school the principal had been an old fat guy who was more away from school than attending the meetings and because of that there were a lot of problems in his old school as the teachers couldn’t control the students at all. SungYeol was also one of those students that skipped classes when there was no teacher to note their absence down but the time that there was a teacher, SungYeol always attended class and got great results, he even had been the best in his year.

They stopped in front of a white door, a yellow “5” glued on the blue wall near the door.

"This will be your classroom, the teacher is expecting you."

SungYeol nodded and the principal left, he breathed in before knocking on the door. A voice sounding: "Come in,"  and he walked in the class-room.


A/N : Merry Christmas everyone! ♥