14

Hello Mr. Jawbreaker!

 

Chapter 14

 

 

“You mean, it’s like you both already kissed?!” Yoowhan blurted out all of a sudden.

Minhee and Yoochun were caught off guard with Yoowhan’s question. They both turned apple red at his question, she slightly touched her lips and looked away, realizing it was somewhat true. Yoochun, glanced at Minhee saw how embarrassed she is.  Out of instinct, Yoochun stepped on Yoowhan’s foot. Yoowhan winced in pain. He got his older brother’s message.

“Uhh... Sorry about that, Minhee. He’s sometimes tactless.” Yoochun apologized to Minhee in behalf of his brother, and shot daggers through his eyes to Yoowhan. Yoowhan pulled himself together, and looked at Minhee and said, “I’m sorry for making you uncomfortable. It’s just that sometimes I couldn’t filter what I am saying. I’m really sorry.”  Minhee on the other hand turned to Yoowhan and Yoochun, took a deep breath and smiled. Yoochun felt his heart skipped at her reaction. *Why smile, when you are literally caught off guard? Well, me too, I am caught off guard.* he thought. Then Minhee chuckled, “You know what, I have never thought of Rescue Breathing that way. You’re quite creative!” Minhee smiled at Yoowhan. Yoowhan blushed at her comment; he stood up again, “I’m so sorry I’ve been so tactless.”

“It’s ok. It’s funny you see it that way. I have really never thought of that.”Yoowhan sat down again. The three sat down and awkward silence enveloped, until the happy Mrs. Park came back to the dining table holding a platter of assorted fruits. When she sat down she noticed the awkwardness, she took a fork and gave one to everybody. Then, she spoke, “So... What are you guys talking about?” she asked curiously.

Yoochun awkwardly blurted, “Yah, let’s eat.” Everybody in the table pierced a fruit into their forks and munched away and totally forgot about her question.

 

After a few hours, Minhee’s meeting with Mrs. Park came to an end. Mrs. Park was so sweet and she decided to invite you to another dinner, which Minhee agreed to come, even if she felt awkward, Mrs. Park is that sweet that her ability to pursue someone if to that level. Minhee said her goodbyes and thanks to MRs. Park, also to Yoochun and Yoowhan. Yoochun and Minhee walked out of the front door, Minhee inhaled the air surrounding them. And then Minhee said looking at the sky, “Thank you for the dinner... Thank you for your company... Thank you for letting me meet such wonderful people.” Yoochun looked at her with curiosity.

“I know... you find what I’m saying weird, but... I really am thankful to meet your mother and your brother...” she continued still looking up in the sky. “It made me feel warm inside. I saw how you interact with your brother and mother, and it made me think of my brothers. I miss them. I should give them a call tonight.” Yoochun just smiled at her warmly, still listening to everything she says. Then she said again, “You know what? That night (referring to the night she saved him)... it was a night like this. The moon, the sky... even the stars, it’s the same. Well, not really the same, but it’s similar, it's just so calming.” They both continued to walk by the lawn, Yoochun staring at Minhee, while she’s admiring the night sky. Minhee busy looking up and talking, she did not see the small step down from the 2 step stair from the gate, when she stepped she thought it was still the walkway... she tripped and about to fall, Yoochun saw everything in slow motion, she was really about to fall face down. Then suddenly his reflexes came into action. He suddenly turned to her and grabbed her by the waist. Minhee in shock, she did not even have the chance to gasp. He held her real tight on her waist.

 

Still holding onto Minhee’s waist, their faces only a few inches away from each other, clearly feeling each other’s breaths, she looked at him, he looked at her, with his concerned eyes. Minhee blinked once. Then it registered to her senses, he’s holding her. She hoisted herself up, as she felt blood rushed to her face, her heart beat picking up a notch faster and stepped away from his hands. She bowed down, “Thank You.” She said quickly. Yoochun looked at her; he realized he too is turning to a deep red. Yoochun turned to his side to take a deep breath and turned his gaze back to Minhee now straightened up, still looking electrified from what happened, she asked herself, *Gosh Minhee, why the heck are you so clumsy?*. He quickly said, “Its fine.” He flashed a smile sweetly. He held her hand as they walked down the gate carefully and clicked on the car remote. He went to the door, and opened the passenger seat for her; he turned to her and again flashed her with a smile. Minhee thought, ‘Oh dear, Oh dear, he’s doing that again, he’s giving me his infamous eye smile. He looks------ Gaaaahh!!!! I think I’m getting mad.’

 

Yoochun came closer to Minhee as he touched a small part of her back to lead her to the car. She felt her heart beat faster as she felt his hands along her back. She took a deep breath and nodded at him. Still, Yoochun looked at her smiling. She sat down carefully and buckled her seatbelt on. He closed the door and went to the driver side. Revved up the engine and again… played the music that they both liked.

 

 Yoochun can feel the awkward actions that Minhee is having after the stair incident. He gave Minhee short glances; she is focused on her breathing, glancing towards him once in a while, and occasionally nodding to the beat of the music played in the car. Until, the song ‘Spirit Carries On’… they are both in the trance of the music that is encapsulating everything around them, Yoochun thought of taking off the awkwardness of the situation and sang along the song… [A/N: the song is somewhat a duet, but, there is only one part where a woman sings sooooo…. Yeah… just try to picture it out… :D here’s the lyrics… oh yeah… this song is about death… fyi. :D if you wanna check it out… here’s the link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtnz2O4Chfw&feature=related]through the course of the song, Minhee couldn’t let herself just sit there, listen and watch Yoochun sing one of her favourite songs. So she sang along through some parts.

 

{Yoochun: [Nicholas]}
Where did we come from, 
Why all we here? 
Where do we go when we die?
What lies beyond
And what lay before?
Is anything certain in life?

They say, "Life is too short,"
"The here and the now"
And "You're only given one shot"
But could there be more,
Have I lived before,
Or could this be all that we've got?

[Yoochun and Minhee sang together]
If I die tomorrow
I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone
The spirit carries on

{Minhee}
I used to be frightened of dying
I used to think death was the end
But that was before
I'm not scared anymore
I know that my soul will transcend

I may never find all the answers
I may never understand why
I may never prove
What I know to be true
But I know that I still have to try

 

{Yoochun}
If I die tomorrow
I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone
The spirit carries on

{Minhee: [Victoria]}
"Move on, be brave
Don't weep at my grave
Because I am no longer here
But please never let
Your memory of me disappear"

{Yoochun}
Safe in the light that surrounds me
Free of the fear and the pain
My questioning mind
Has helped me to find
The meaning in my life again
Victoria's real
I finally feel
At peace with the girl in my dreams
And now that I'm here
It's perfectly clear
I found out what all of this means

If I die tomorrow
I'd be all right
Because I believe
That after we're gone
The spirit carries on…

 

At the end of the song… they just arrived at the parking lot, they laughed at each other at the act, Yoochun turned to Minhee saying, “You’ve got some pipes working on there… You are good!”

“Sheesh… I just sing in the shower and at karaokes. Hahaha!!! You are really good! I love how you sing.”She complimented him.

“Aaaawww shucks… You’re making me blush… I’m also serious… You’ve got some pipes right there… the Victoria part and some of the Nicholas parts… You nailed it… and you’re even sitting down, you’re not even standing up.”He told her. Minhee felt her blood rushed from her heart to her head and she said,

“God! You really know how to compliment people! You know what right words there are to say!!!”She nudged his arm.

“I’m only telling the truth!!! You are good!”He faced her. She just laughed at him. They are already parked.  Yoochun shut the engine off and rushed outside to get Minhee’s door. He opened it, and reached out for Minhee’s hand. She gave him a smile and took his lead.

 

As they both walked to the apartment complex, Yoochun said,

“You know what? Today is the last night of my 1 week vacation leave, I’ll be going back to work with the boys from tomorrow. I’m glad, that I am able to relax, fix my new home, spend time with my family, and be with a good company.”He looked at her at the last sentence. She smiled, she understood what he meant, and he was referring to her.

“I’m glad I came to meet you…”She said with a sweet smile across her face. Yoochun smiled and said “Now, I’m really happy that I ate and choked on that jaw breaker. I have been saved by a beautiful woman.” Yoochun joked. She laughed hard, unable to contain her laughter she bent down touching her stomach, and held onto his arm for balance. Now, he too is laughing, with her reaction. She continued to laugh, and took a deep breath, trying not to laugh anymore, he looked at her curiously, she said, “You’re the only person who says that he was happy that he choke on something. I find it very funny, very ironic.”

“But I really am happy! I choked on that jaw breaker and you came to save me. Now, I get to know you and I have a great neighbour!”

“You’re a sweet talker you know that right?”she blurted out.

“Well, Yeah. I guess I am…”he chuckled.

 

They both got onto their doors; they bid each other good night. As they both held onto their doors, Yoochun stopped on his tracks,

“Minhee, can I have your mobile number?”

“huh? Oh, my mobile? Sure.”She took her phone from her pocket, he did the same, and they exchanged numbers.  When they are both done, they returned their phones to each other, “So… good night then. Thank you for the dinner and the company. Yoochun.”

“Yeah, thanks for the company Minhee. I enjoyed tonight. I guess, I’ll see you again. Good night.”He leaned to her cheek and gave her a peck. He turned around and went to his door and went inside. Minhee, stood frozen, dumbstruck, she held her breath. She couldn’t move her feet, it’s like her feet are cemented on the floor. All she could do is to touch her cheek. When the other door clicked close, she smiled, that’s when she felt her knees wobble, she held onto the wall for balance, she felt her face grew hotter that ever. She thought, ‘What was that? Did he just give me a peck on my cheek??? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!” She realized she was jumping up and down screaming a mute scream. She then opened her door and went inside. Now she’s spazzing out.

 

On the other hand, Yoochun, as he closed the door, he thought, “Ooohhh Micky… that’s bad… did you see her reaction when you pecked her cheek? It was like she saw a ghost or something. Bad move dude, bad move.” Frustrated, he went onto his bathroom and took a shower. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi guys!!!!!! another update!!! yey!!!!!

i feel awful today.. been busy doing stuff. 

i have been feeling quite idk.. empty i guess. maybe this is what they call writer's block. i hate it. ~crap.

i updated now, 'coz i'll be away for the weekend. sooo... here it is... im going to our province, there is no internet... so idk.. ~i'd die! hahahah!!! 

i'd write stuff when im out... see you soon!!! :D i hope you like my update and my story... :D 

please read, comment and subscribe!!!

i love reading your comments!!! i really do!!! they make me uber uber happy!!! :D

xoxoxo

 

ps.

i read this yoochun fanfic entitled Rhapsody.. this is really good!!!! i swear! epic!!!!

check it out! http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/516/rhapsody-yoochun/18