9

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


No one's POV

The sun shined throughout Taeyeon's room, he stirred up when he heard his alarm clock ringing. Irritated, he threw the object on the wall making it stop from making sounds again. He stood up rubbing the back of his head while heading to the bathroom.

Once he was done showering, he went to the kitchen. He was greeted by his mom who was preparing their breakfast.

"Good morning mom." He greeted giving his mom a light peck in the cheek.

"Good morning Taenggo." Mrs. Kim greeted back caressing her son's cheek before putting the plate on the table. "Let's eat now, you'll be late for school."

Taeyeon smiled and followed what his mom said. After eating he bid his goodbye to his mom and set off.

Smiling like an idiot, he started humming love songs. It was strange for him to feel this way today, since he was used of waking up with a heavy feeling. He inhaled a bag of air and exhaled with a 'wooh' at the end.

"You know people might think you're crazy if you keep on smilng like that." A girl suddenly spoke behind Taeyeon.

Taeyeon stopped from walking and faced the girl behind her. He smiled seeing a familiar figure in front of him, seeing the person who made him feel very light. 

"Good morning Taeng!" Jiyeon spread her hand and grinned.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who looks like a crazy person."

Jiyeon stuck her toungue out to tease Taeyeon, but the guy just did the same. "What year are you Taeng?"

"Me? I'm a college senior." He replied tucking her hands to his pockets. 

"Naw! You're older than me." Jiyeon pouted causing Taeyeon to let out a small chuckle, "I'm a 1st year college student. That means you're older than me."

Taeyeon pinched the latter's nose because of her sulking face. 

"That also means I have to call you oppa!"

"No, no, no young lady. I prefer to be called Taeng or Taeyeon than Oppa. I feel so old with that."

After a few minutes of goofing their way to the school the duo reached their campus. With big grins on their faces, the two continued fooling around. Tickling each other here and there.

"Tae?" Another person spoke, causing the duo to stop what they were doing.

Taeyeon's grin and laugh turned into a blank expression. He doesn't know if he's going to smile. "Tiffany.." He trailed off as if he got caught cheating.

"Oh hi Jiyeon." Tiffany greeted with a small smile plastered on her face.

Jiyeon smiled back. "Hi too unnie."

Taeyeon and Tiffany stared at each other, not intense but deep. Jiyeon felt being left alone, "Taeyeon-ah, I'll see you later." Jiyeon spoke, pulling Taeyeon out of the staring contest.

"Ah yeah, I'll see you later Jiyeon-ah." Taeyeon showed a genuine smiled which Tiffany believe it's a rare one.

"Bye unnie.." Jiyeon bowed before walking away. "Bye again handsome-erted-oppa!" Jiyeon teased showing a merong.

Taeyeon looked at her, mouth a little bit opened and eyes widely opened. "You'll get it from pretty lady." Taeyeon retorted, showing his tongue too.

Once the younger girl disapperead, Taeyeon's smile soon faded away. He looked at the figure in front of him.

"I'll see you later Taeyeon." Tiffany said with no expression. She left without even waiting for Taeyeon's response.

Taeyeon on the other hand felt weird all of a sudden but then decided to shrug it off and proceed to his class.

**

While on class, Taeyeon can't stop thinking why Tiffany called him by Taeyeon not Taeyeon-ah or Taeng or Taetae. He started playing with his pen through his hand, totally ignoring the lecture that his professor was giving.

After the first class, Taeyeon head out and went to the canteen. He was greeted by Yuri who was extremely waving at him.

"I've been looking for you." The guy spoke taking a bite of his sandwich.

Sensing it has to do with the job, Taeyeon heaved out sigh. "What is it again?"

"Woah, why do you sound so grumpy? Anyway, I have my schedule now."

"Good."

The two started talking about random things when suddenly Yuri confessed something.

"Taeng, do you believe in 'Love at first sight'?"

"Not really. Why?"

"Ooh I bet you are.." Yuri teased, "Anyway, I saw this girl yesterday while I was on my way home. I think I fell in love with her right away."

Taeyeon lifted his brow. "Do you know her name?"

Yuri facepalmed before answering. "That's the worst part. I don't."

After a few seconds Jiyeon suddenly came, "Taeyeon-ah!" The girl shouted from excitement.

Excited to see Taeyeon again to be exact. "Oh Jiyeon." Taeyeon quickly stood up when he saw Jiyeon had her arms spread out. He received the hug and hugged the younder girl back. When Taeyeon released the hug, he quickly gave Jiyeon a pinch on the nose.

"Ouch. What was that for?" Jiyeon whined.

"That's for calling me handsome-erted-oppa earlier." Taeyeon replied while sitting.

Jiyeon sat down next to Taeyeon before speaking. "What? That's my nickname for you."

"Well at least move the 'ert' away."

"Fine. Then I'll call you Handsome oppa from now on." Jiyeon giggled.

Yuri on the other hand was there watching, confused on the interaction that Taeyeon and Jiyeon has.

"Oh anyway Yul, this is Jiyeon. Jiyeon this is Yul."

The two shook their hands and smiled at each other.

 

On the other part of the canteen.

A pair of not-a-twinkling-eyes-today watches Taeyeon carefully. She kinda feel upset about Taeyeon not eating with her. She's Taeyeon's bestfriend for petesake but the latter ditched her, on her own perspective. Though Taeyeon didn't literally ditched her.

She pouted and dropped her food on the table. Still watching Taeyeon.

"Take your eyes off him Tiffany." An iceprincess spoke without even looking at Tiffany.

"What?"

"Don't make me look stupid. You're staring at Taeyeon for like 7 minutes until I told you to stop." Jessica put down her phone and looked at Tiffany who was sulking. "Why are you sulking? Missed Siwon?"

"Not like that, it's just that. Look at Taeyeon, he's over there not here."

"And why are sulking about that Ms. Hwang?"

"He's supposed to be here because he's my bestfriend, like we always do."

"He's your bestfriend not a body guard. Don't be too possesive." Jessica then gave Tiffany a flick on the forehead. Tiffany glared at Jessica, rubbing the spot that was hit. "Let's join them."

"Excuse me?"

"Let's join them." Jessica stood up and grabbed the hand of Tiffany.

Jessica doesn't even know why she suggested that. Dragging the protesting girl with her, they stopped and stood in front of Taeyeon and his friends.

"Can we join you guys?" Jessica asked.

Yuri almost choke, Taeyeon looked at her with wide eyes and Jiyeon gave an innocent smile. Without waiting for their response, Jessica took out the chair and sat on it. Tiffany doing the same.

"I think I know you and I think I've seen you somewhere." Yuri spoke pointing at Jessica, like accusing her.

Jessica rolled her eyes, "Of course everyone knows me I'm Jessica Jung for petesake and jeez we're on the same school."

"I don't even know your name. What's your name again?" Yuri asked. Jessica took it as if it was joke. Everyone knows her, she's popular but this guy in front of her just told her he doesn't know her. Irritated, she dropped her phone and stared at Yuri with an Icy glare.

"Listen! I'm the most popular girl here in school and you don't even know me! Are you a transferee or something!"

"No, I've been studying here for years."

Jessica felt even more irritated, she stole Taeyeon soda and was about to threw it to Yuri but Tiffany stopped her.

"Calm down Jess."

Yuri looked at her with just an innocent face while everyone was stopping Jessica from making a scene. Thankfully they managed to stop the raging princess and went back to eating again.

"Jiyeon-ah how many times do you have to eat like that.." Taeyeon took out his handkerchief to wipe the cream on the side of her lip again. "Look at you the cream is all over your face."

Jiyeon felt shy all of a sudden since all eyes were on them. "Thanks." She muttered.

"I swear I've seen this girl somewhere." Yuri whispered to himself, unfortunately everyone heard it. So they put their eyes on Yuri who was thinking very deeply and totally being oblivious about those eyes staring at him.

Taeyeon's phone rang. Indicating a call.

"Oh hello? Yeah, Siwon... Yeah she's with me. Okay wait." Taeyeon handed the phone Tiffany. "Siwon." He whispered.

Tiffany smiled. "Hey Siwon. Yeah I'm fine. Tomorrow? Oh sure I can wait. Okay, bye." Tiffany disconnected the call, without even saying 'I love you' to Siwon. "Here. Thanks."

Taeyeon took his phone back and continued eating. "Oppa you didn't text me last night." Jiyeon pouted.

"Dang it. I forgot. Forgive me pretty young lady." Taeyeon said sounding like a secretary of a king. They both laugh.

Few minutes, they started laughing together. Tiffany felt uncomfortable with Taeyeon and Jiyeon laughing with their jokes that only the two ofthem understands but because of Taeyeon's laugh everyone started joining. She doesn't know why but she doesn't like the way Jiyeon look at Taeyeon. She cursed her mind for thinking of something, she cursed her eyes because even if she tried diverting her eyes to somewhere she always land on Taeyeon's face.

"What the ! Will you stop staring at me! You're creeping me out!" Jessica shouted again, causing the laughter to die.

"What? I was just trying to remember where the heck I saw you." Yuri said innocently, ignoring the fact that Jessica was annoyed at him.

"You're doing it on purpose! You're trying to annoy me."

"I am not! I swear I'm trying to remember where I saw you."

"Okay stop. Students are looking here now."

Jessica looked around and saw some students looking to their direction. "What the heck are you looking at!" She shouted. The students took their eyes off.

"That was cool." Yuri muttered, amazed how one shout from the girl in front of him can scare a lot of students.

"Seriously Yul? Seriously?" Taeyeon asked, can't believe how innocent Yuri acts.

"What? Seriously you guys are the one whose creeping me out."

"Oppa, I need to go now. I'm gonna be late for class." Jiyeon said, grabbing her bag.

Taeyeon stood up. "Oh sure, I'll see you later, I guess." He said rubbing the back of his head.

Jiyeon smiled and was about to walk away. "Yah! No hugs?" Taeyeon shouted.

Jiyeon chuckled and went closer to Taeyeon. "I didn't know it's needed." She hugged him and Taeyeon returned it.

"It is now." They both chuckled.

"I'll be going now. Bye guys. Bye Handsome-erted-oppa!" Jiyeon teased again.

"Yah!" Taeyeon turned around.

"I'll be going now." Yuri said.

"Me too." Jessica said. "I'll see you later Tiff."

Taeyeon and Tiffany was left there. Without speaking.

Tiffany glared at Taeyeon and stood up, she grabbed her bag with force and left.

"Fany-ah!" Taeyeon called out but to his dismay the girl didn't look back instead she continued walking. Taeyeon followed her, once the distant got short he grabbed Tiffany's wrist. "Can you please wait for me."

Tiffany glared and looked to her left. "What's your problem?" She spoke coldly.

"I don't have any, but we're on the same class. Aren't we supposed to walk together."

"Then you should've walked with Jiyeon! Besides you're her 'handsome-erted-oppa'." Tiffany mimicked the way Jiyeon says it. With that Tiffany left leaving Taeyeon confused.

"What the heck is that?" He whispered before following Tiffany again.


So it's a jellyfany chapter. Well I guess. I don't know, I felt like this chapter has no sense at all. Nah just kidding. 

Anyway, is it okay if I add a little bit yulsic here?

I can't help it. I always tend to add those two.

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))

Comment okay? Thank you ^^