35

Because You Might Grow Distant

It's a beautiful day. Taeyeon never knew that there would come a time when he'll love Monday. He woke up ealier than ever. He just can't wait to go back to school.

"Mom I'm going now!" Before Taeyeon could open the door his mom appeared from the kitchen.

"Now I want you to be careful okay?" 

Taeyeon nodded and smiled once again as the morning breeze brushed his face.

"Someone's happy." A girl whispered from behind. Seeing a very familiar face that he missed, he just had to engulf the girl in a hug. "It's really nice to see you oppa. Looks like we're both heading to school. Shall we walk together?"

Taeyeon surely missed Jiyeon. It's been awhile since he last saw her. Taeyeon told everything to Jiyeon, from how boring it had been staying in the house with nothing to do and how hard it is to move. Both exchanged different stories and they were surely happy being like this again like the first time.

They parted ways when Jiyeon reached her building. "I'll see you around oppa!"

Taeyeon smiled and proceeded to his way. As he walk through the hall way everyone's eyes were staring at him. Everyone who knows him greeted him, being the kind guy, he greeted them back.

"Is it just me or Taeyeon looks even more handsome." A girl said, her friends couldn't agree more.

"And who is this guy stealing my spotlight?" Yuri teased.

"Yul!"

"We just saw each other last time don't get excited." Yuri mumbled.

--

(In the classroom)
"So is my girlfriend really dead to yours?" Yuri asked while taking down notes.

"Fany is not my girlfriend. Yet."

"Still not?"

Taeyeon nodded even though he knows Yuri isn't looking, "But Jessica is really dead. Fany was so mad the other day."

"Why?"

"Well she kinda walked for hours."

"Girls."

They both laughed and the professor heard it. 

"Kwon Yuri! Kim Taeyeon!"

--

Tiffany walked through the hallway with an angry face. She haven't forgotten what happened the other day although her blisters brought reasons for Taeyeon to give her a piggy-back ride, it was still not an excuse to let Jessica off.

"Hi Tiff." Nicole greeted.

"Have you seen Jessica?"

"No. Not yet."

Tiffany sighed and continued walking. Nicole find it weird but then she just shrugged. Just then Jessica appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey Jess, Tiffany's looking for you."

"Really? Where'd she go?"

"Down the hall."

Jessica nodded and followed Tiffany. Although she already know why Tiffany is looking for her, she doesn't seem to be afraid of. She walked past few rooms before finally stopping at the exact room.

"You!" Tiffany shouted seeing Jessica by the door. This caused the students to be surprised by her loud voice.

"Keep it down geez." A guy whined.

Tiffany approached Jessica right away, she was ready to pour her anger at the girl but she was stopped when Jessica's hand stretched out to her face.

"Before you get mad at me and give me this HellFany speech, let me just say that: It's your fault for wearing heels the other day. That's all."

Tiffany widened her eyes, "Why this brat. Did you know I walked for hours looking for you?! And in return I got blisters on my foot Jess. On my foot!"

"According to my source, you weren't alone." Jessica retorted.

"Still! Hours of walking Jess! Hours!"

"Why are you being such a kid? From what I heard Taeng gave you a piggy-back ride because of your blisters. Was it sweet?"

Tiffany blushed when the scene played on her mind once again. She can't deny that after that moment she couldn't stop thinking about it. She completely shook the thought away when she remembered Jessica, "Stop changing topics. You better treat me lunch!"

Just then the bell rang indicating lunch.

"Speaking."

The two headed down the canteen. They went straight to their saved spot and waited for the other two. Not wanting any silence around them Tiffany decided to speak.

"So what happened between you and Yuri?"

Jessica shrugged before answering, "He said the girl is his cousin."

Tiffany's faced dropped. She wasn't totally expecting a synopsis of what happened rather she was expecting everything in details.

"That's it?"

Jessica nodded. She frowned when Tiffany stayed quiet. She glanced at the girl who was giving her questioning look. "What? The sweet parts are only for me to know."

"What's going on here?" Yuri asked as he sat down next to Jessica and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hi babe."

"Was Saturday never happened?" Tiffany asked as she scan Yuri and Jessica's interaction. It was like the shouting, the glaring and the walking out never happened.

"Why? Do you expect Ms. Ice Princess here would cry day and night?" Taeng asked as he fix his cast.

Seeing Taeyeon struggle Tiffany brought herself to help the guy next to her. Taeyeon mumbled a small thank you.

"Just look at them Taetae, it's disgusting." Taeyeon looked at where Tiffany's eyes at. He saw Jessica cupping Yuri's cheeks which seemed to be so normal for couples. He glanced back to Tiffany who has this disgusted look all over her face.

"Why? I don't see anything wrong?" 

"You don't see that?" Tiffany pointed at the couple again.

"What's wrong with that?" Taeyeon decided to cup Tiffany's cheeks. He smiled. "What's wrong with this?" Tiffany could feel her cheeks burn.

"Nothing." Tiffany smiled with her face still between Taeyeon's hands. "I'm hungry Taeng."

"I wasn't asking." Taeyeon said nonchalantly earning a soft punch. "Ouch! C'mon Fany! You know I had a hard time carrying you with my arm broken!" Taeyeon whined

"You offered me that ride!" Tiffany argued.

"Well I thought you'll refuse 'cause I don't know... I got a broken arm."

"I got blisters Taeng!"

Taeyeon sighed in defeat, "I think I really need that two months rest."

--

Taeyeon and Yuri's class ended earlier since their schedule with the two girls are different. Yuri called out Minwoo who just passed by them.

"What is that guy doing here?" Yuri whispered. "Yah Minwoo!"

The skinny guy quickly turned around. When he saw Yuri he scratched the back of his head as if he was caught.

Taeng was totally unaware that his brother from another mother is already standing infront of them. He was busy tapping his phone. 

"Hyung!" Minwoo shouted.

Due to the loud voice, Taeyeon almost dropped his phone causing him to hold on to it as if it was his life.

"You're so busy texting noona that you ignore your brother here?" Minwoo pouted.

"Aigoo. Come here kid." Taeyeon hugged the kid for a few seconds.

"I hate to interrupt your reunion but what are you doing here? Your building is right over there." Yuri asked.

Minwoo grinned, "That's for you to find out hyung. I gotta go. Bye hyungs!" Minwoo ran away and left the two dumbfounded.

"Let him be." Taeyeon said, still busy texting.

Yuri peeked over and saw who the latter is talking to. "You two should start dating." Yuri said as they continue walking out of the school.

"Not yet." Taeyeon said as he put his phone back to his pocket. "It's not the right time."

"Not the right time? Last time I checked you've been head over heels for Tiffany since middle school. You wouldn't want another guy stealing your bestfriend slash soon-to-be."

Taeyeon sighed, "I'm worried okay. I don't know what to do."

"Just ask her. She'll say yes to you I'm sure." Yuri gave Taeyeon a pat on the back. "You don't need to court her for so long. Just go for it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Taeyeon smiled. He felt confident. 

-- 
Another fail update. I'm trying to fast things a bit. I want to finish this soon. Anyway, ooh my heart is broken. Where did my readers who used to comment go? C'mon silent readers XD be loud hahahaha love lots 

Comment okay? Thankyou enjoy :)