8

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Taeyeon's POV

So I basically need to wait for Yuri and Tiffany, AND Minwoo?

Yep, Minwoo just called me asking me to wait for him. I agreed since I don't know why.

I stopped in front of my locker and put back my books. After that I waited for Tiffany and Yuri since High School isn't on this building.

"Taeng!" Yuri shouted waving his hands for me to notice it right away. "So? Ready to go?"

"Nah, I still have to wait for Tiffany." Yuri suddenly gave me a what-the- look. "What? She asked me to wait for her. So I will."

"What about Siwon. You know what let's go, this will just hurt you."

"Siwon is out of sight Yul. No worries."

"So you're taking advantage on this. Huh? Enjoying the time while Siwon is out? Seriously Taeng you're fooling yourself."

And it suddenly sinked in to me. Am I taking advantage on this?

"Why are we even talking about this?" I raised my voice a little.

"Because this so wrong."

"What is wrong? Huh? Tiffany's my bestfriend Yul!"

"See that's the wrong part, she is your bestfriend but Siwon is her boyfriend. What do you think people will say, seeing a girl who's currently in a relationship being with someone who just stands as her bestfriend."

"What your point huh?!"

"My point is you need to let go. If she comes back then she is yours but if it doesn't she never was! You don't even know if she feels the same way as you do. I know you wished for this time to happen. You being with Tiff without Siwon around, it feels heaven right? But what if Siwon comes back, you'll feel hell once again."

"That's why I'm enjoying it. Because it's just for awhile. It won't last long. I know it sounds and looks wrong but Yul let me have this. Just this time and after that it's over."

"This happiness is just for awhile Taeng but your suffering will be longer. It seeing you being hurt."

"I know, but then again, it is me to blame not you not Tiffany or Siwon not anybody else!"

"It's up to you Kim Taeyeon." Yuri smiled, giving me a pat on the back. I smiled back wiping the forming tears on my eyes.

Then Tiffany showed up.

"Hey what did I miss?" She asked smiling.

"Nothing let's go. Yuri and I still have to find an apartment." I said expressionless. She noticed it because in the corner of my eye she was looking at me with a worried look.

I was on my own thoughts to even say a thing about it.

Yuri is right I have to let go but I can't.

Why can't I?

I wanted to, I swear.

A fool. I am a fool. Can you blame me? I am an oportunist, yeah I know. What can I do? I am hopelessly inlove with her and it's killing me, if I could just disappear right away, I would. I wanna end this foolishness. But I can't. It's hurting me a lot. It's killing me softly and soon I'll be numb. I just want happiness for awhile, just a little while. I don't care if it would hurt me in the end.

I just. I don't know.

"Minwoo-ah!" I heard Yuri shouted pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Hyung! And hey noona. It's so nice to see you without Siwon.." He trailed off and I gave him a look indicating to use some honorofics to Siwon. "hyung. Anyway let's go."

He walked between me and Tiffany. Wrapping one arm on my neck.

"Taeng I need to go a friend of mine called me."

"Ah really? Okay, be safe." I said again without anything just blank expression.

"Okay, I'll see around." With that Tiffany left.

I was once again on my thoughts. Totally ignoring what Yuri thinks about the first apartment we checked. He definitely hates it since it's to small.

"Hyung,  you okay?" Minwoo asked.

"Yeah."

"You seemed like you're on a very deep thoughts."

"Nah, I'm fine. Aye Yul! How about that apartment." I pointed at the apartment across the coffee shop.

"Looks nice. Let's check it out."

We went in and luckily we found the landlord of the apartment.

"Ahjussi is there a vacant space here?" I asked.

"Ahm, yeah I think we still have a vacant space on the 3rd floor. Follow me I'll show you."

Yuri and I shared eye contacts and grinned at each other.

"So this the vacant space, it's good for 4 persons since it has two bed rooms and one bathroom."

Yuri started scanning the place. I was amazed since it's on the side so there's a lot of window.

"How much is it?"

"30000 won every month. The electricity and the water is free."

Yuri nodded. "Okay I'll take it. When can I move?"

"Probably on the weekend or it depends on you."

"Weekend then. All set. Gomawo ahjussi."

We all bowed before leaving and before giving the down payment.

"So Taeng, can you take me to your work place?"

"Oh sure."

So we went to the store, Minwoo decided to go home since it's getting late.

"Oh Taeng, you don't have work today. What brings you here?" My manager asked.

"Yeah, about that. My friend here needs a job sir."

"A job?"

I nodded.

"I see, well we still have an open slot. Give me your schedule tomorrow so I can work on yours here."

"Jinjja? So I'm in?"

"Don't be too excited. Just give me your schedule okay?"

"Yes sir."

We walked out of the store with a happy faces. Yuri decided to treat me some ice cream for a reward. After eating both of us went on our seperate ways. As always I decided to just walk on my way home. It was already evening and it's kinda cold.

"Taeyeon!" A girl shouted. I turned around and found a blond girl running towards me.

"Jiyeon-ah." I chuckled.

"Thank god I found you." She sighed.

"Why?"

"Nothing I'm just going to return your jacket." She grinned, I took the jacket and wore it since I'm really getting cold. "So were are you going?"

"Home." I said shortly.

"Can we stroll for awhile. I kinda missed you." She smiled shyly, I found it cute so I chuckled at her.

"Arasso." I took her hand, interlacing it with mine. She gasped but then felt comfortable after a few minutes. I smiled to myself. "I'm sorry but did I scare you?" I asked still holding her hand.

She shook her head and smiled at me. "I like it your hand is so soft and warm."

I smiled once again. 

"Taeyeon-ah, why aren't you dating someone. I mean you're very handsome and kind. Girls would fall for you."

I chuckled looking down on my feet. "I don't know. I think it's because I'm waiting for the right one."

"Waiting for the right one?"

I nodded. "But then again I thought, everyone says the right person will come along but I think mine got hit by a truck." I chuckled bitterly.

She joined me and then there I started feeling light. Everything seemed so right again. Awhile ago I was having deep thoughts but now I felt like everything is fine.

I looked at the girl beside me and I smiled. I was mentally thanking her for coming tonight.

"Thank you." I muttered my thought.

"For what?"

"For walking with me. I was feeling bad about myself because of something and because of you I felt like everything is right again."

She smiled. "I'm glad I made you feel better. But what is that something?"

"Nah, it's a long story maybe someday I can share it with you."

"Sure." She smiled once again. 

I looked around and found stall selling street foods. I dragged her to it.

"You want some?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "I don't eat street foods."

I raised one eyebrow. "Seriously?"

She nodded.

"Then you should try it. C'mon it's delicious."

She shook her head not wanting it.

"C'mon just one try and if you don't want it then it's okay."

She was having a second thought but I was already shoving it to her. She slowly opened and I slowly shove it to her.

"So? What do you think?" Slowly I was hearing cute giggles from her. "What was that supposed to mean? Do you like it?"

She nodded. "Wow, it's so delicious."

"See, I told you it's good."

"I want another one."

Then we spent almost an hour eating street foods. We were giggling but then I stopped when I noticed a sauce left on the side of her lips.

Inch by inch my thumb got closer, she stopped laughing and now she was staring at me. My thumb landed on the side of her lips, I wiped away the sauce and smiled charmingly at her.

"All clean."

"Aww, I feel so embarassed now." She covered her face with her hands. I laughed.

"Why?"

"Because you just saw me eat sloppy."

"Hey you're a cute sloppy eater okay." I smiled at her and she blushed.

After eating we continued walking. It was getting cold, like really cold. Stealing glances, I smiled seeing how comfortable she looks.

"Taeyeon-ah my hands are cold." She whined pouting. I chuckled and instead of rubbing her hands I grabbed it and placed it on my cheeks.

"Better?"

She chuckled and nodded. "Yeah much better."

"Hey, you can continue being lovey-dovey somewhere. Not here in the middle of the sidewalk." A middle-aged man complained. 

I chuckled and looked around to find the man. I saw him at was glaring at us. "Mianhe Ahjussi." Then I noticed that we're somehow causing a traffic jam so I started walking again with Jiyeon.

"I didn't know you also have warm cheeks." Jiyeon chuckled, causing me join her. Then suddenly she messed my hair and started running away to the snow.

"Yah!" I shouted following her. "I'm going to get you!"

She was laughing all the way. And I can't help but to smile because of her cute laugh. I stopped on my tracks since I suddenly felt tired of chasing her.

She's a fast runner.

"Taeyeon-ah! Tired already?" She teased. My hands were on my knees and I was panting, suddenly I thought of some prank for her.

Slowly, I started leaning towards the ground covered with snow. I lay down on the snow, acting like a fainted.

"Taeyeon-ah!" She shouted. Soon I felt she was next to me, kneeling. She shook me vigorously, and I secretly smiled in victory, "Taeyeon-ah! Wake up."

After a few shakes I quickly grab her, unfortunately she fell down on top of me. Our faces were just 2 inches away from each other. She gasped and I was shock. Stiffened, I stared at her eyes. After a few minutes I snapped back to reality.

"I'm really sorry, Jiyeon." I said, standing up. 

She smiled and took my hand for support. "You scared me."

"Huh?"

"I thought you really fainted."

I smiled sweetly. She pinched my cheek and shook at expressing how much she love my cuteness. I rubbed the spot she pinched because pain stung. I pouted but I smiled immediately since I know I would get pinched again.

"Can I get your number?" She asked.

"I think I should be the one asking for a number."

She looked at me confused while slowly nodding, "Okayy..."

I cleared my throat and stared at her eyes. "Hey pretty lady, can I get your number?" I asked with a macho voice.

"You look creepy and you sound like a erted old man." She make a disgusted face and I laughed at it. "But since you're handsome, sure I'll give you my number." She smiled and took my phone from me. "Here you go handsome-erted-guy."

"Ha!" I laughed. "We should head home now, pretty lady."

"Sure thing Handsome-erted-guy."

She intertwined her hand with mine.


Hey my dear readers :))

Another chap.

Comment Comment :))

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))

 

Your comments are important :))