14

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


No One's POV

Class has ended, Jiyeon patiently waited for Taeyeon in the mall as they planned. Unfortunately Taeyeon hasn't showed up, it has been 30 minutes since she got there but no there is no Taeyeon until now.

She pouted thinking that Taeyeon might've ditched her.

"No he's not like that." She whispered as she check her phone for a message

"Jiyeon-ah!" A guy shouted so loud that it was heard all over the mall.

With eyes on him, Taeyeon ran to Jiyeon as fast as he can. He panted and brought his palms were on his knees trying to regain his breathing. "Sorry I'm late." He said.

Jiyeon smiled, she lifted her hand to fix Taeyeon's messed hair. "It's okay."

Taeyeon pouted. "No. That's not okay you waited for 30 minutes."

"So? At least you're here. So stop pouting."

"I wan a kiss." Taeyeon puckered his lips, asking for a kis from the latter.

"No. You're late remember?"

"What– You said it's okay."

"Still no."

"Unfair." Taeyeon pouted, he sighed feeling defeated.

They strolled all over the mall buy things here and there. Laugh and bicker with each other.

"Look Taeng it's so cute, let's buy that."  Jiyeon squealed.

"You've bought so many things already." He said but to his dismay, Jiyeon ignored him, she was already in front of the keychain aisle, checking the keychain she saw. He sighed in defeat, he ended up walking towards her.

"Miss how much for this one?" Jiyeon asked.

"That would be 1100 won per piece but if you buy this pack it would only cost you 1200 won. Same design but it's for couple only."

Jiyeon took the keychain, scanning it through the thin plastic. She turned to Taeyeon who was eyeing the story, from the flooring to the ceiling and then to the products that the store sells. Like a child he holds the paperbag with both of his hands, placing it in front of him. Jiyeon looked weirdly at Taeyeon before taking the latter's attention.

"Taeyeon-ah.." She said softly waiting for Taeyeon's attention. When Taeyeon looked at her  she quickly showed the keychain to him. "Isn't this cute?"She grinned excitedly.

Taeyeon looked closely. "Yeah, it's cute just like you." Taeyeon looked at her,  smiling like an angel causing the girl to blush madly. 

She turned to the saleslady with a smile. "I'll take it." She said following the lady in front her.

After the transaction Jiyeon happily turned around to look for Taeyeon unfortunately he wasn't there. She frowned knowing that Taeyeon left her there.

 

**

 

Meanwhile, the guy who just disappeared from her lover's sight walked around the mall. He got bored and felt like strolling around, checking clothes here and there. He was still holding the paper bags though. After checking the 3rd store he went out and looked for another store.

On his way, another figure stopped in front of him. He wasn't aware of this until the figure spoke. "Taeyeon-ah.." The girl spoke softly.

Taeyeon curiously  looked at the owner of the voice and was shocked to see her.

Tiffany.

He was speechless. He doesn't know what to do or even what to say. He stood there stiffened by her presence, his heart started beating rapidly. He turned around and started walking, trying to get away from her sight.

"Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany shouted. She wanted to talk to him, clear things out. Taeyeon wasn't that far away from her, he stopped halfway. "Can we talk? Let's clear things out, you're my bestfriend and I don't wanna lose you." She spoke softly, hoping to convince Taeyeon.

Taeyeon on the other hand, had his head hanging low. He was hurting just by seeing her. He gulped and held the paperbags tighter.

"There you are." Another voice came. Taeyeon lifted his only to see who the owner was. "Where have you been?"

"Jiyeon.." He trailed off.

"What happened to you? You looked like you've seen a ghost." Jiyeon chuckled but then something caught her eyes or someone from behind. She smiled knowing that it was a friend of her. "Unnie!" She squealed running towards the girl.

Tiffany smiled half-heartedly. She can't smile properly, somehow it's bothering her. How close Taeyeon and Jiyeon are. She feels uncomfortable with this. 

"Unnie! I have something to tell you."  Jiyeon said.

"Really? What is it?"

"Well..." Jiyeon paused, turning her head around to look at Taeyeon. She waved at Taeyeon, asking him to get closer with them. Jiyeon held Taeyeon's hand, smiling. "Taeyeon and I are officially dating." She announced happily. Not knowing that two bestfriends felt awkward.

Tiffany doesn't know how to react. Does she have to be happy about this? Or not. She can't explain things. Things that suddenly oozed out, things that suddenly grew. She smiled but it was a fake one.

Taeyeon smiled seeing how happy Jiyeon was when she said that they were dating. But the other part him wasn't feeling happy. It's confusing and painful. He can't explain neither do I. (LOL)

It seemed like the world had stop for them. With only smiles playing around their lips.

"Tiff!" A high-pitched voice suddenly rung on their world.

Tiffany turned around and saw Jessica jogging towards her. "I got it. The last piece! Isn't that great!" Jessica squealed. Happy that she got  the last piece of the shirt she wanted to buy. Not for her though. The shirt was limited only and it's quite popular among guys, there is only 12 piece on all the branches and she happily celebrated that she got the last piece after battling to the other guys and girls.

Tiffany let out a small chuckle. "That's great."

Jessica then stopped as she saw two person in front of her, she regained her posture and faked a cough. "Hey Taeyeon." She smiled.

"Hey." Taeyeon replied with his deep-unusual-voice.

"Are you two dating?" She bluntly asked.

"Uhh yeah."

"Since when?"

"Uhh like yesterday."

"Oh. Really. Okay then since you two are here now. Let's go have dinner, my treat." She said. "Are you cool with it Jiyeon?"

Jiyeon smiled and nodded.

While on there way, Jessica kept on glancing at the girl beside her while she look over at the couple walking ahead of them.

"Where is Siwon?" She suddenly asked.

Tiffany who wasn't on her state, panicked. "Huh? What?"

"I said, where is Siwon?"

"Oh. He uhh. I don't know."

"Seriously, I'm starting to believe Taeyeon now."

"Yah, Siwon isn't like that okay. Maybe he just did some errands with his dad."

 

Tiffany suddenly felt more uncomfortable. Siwon is going out lately without explaining things. After the incident that happened the other day, Siwon didn't explain things to her. All he says is 'Don't believe him. He's lying.' just those things. Of course Tiffany sided on him, after all Siwon is her boyfriend. She trusts him but leaving her saying he has to do something isn't helping. Somehow she's starting to doubt, she doesn't want to doubt her boyfriend but with this she just can't avoid it.

She looked at Taeyeon and felt jealous when Taeyeon was doing his funny acts. After walking for some minutes the four of them found their desired store. Jessica volunteered in ordering since she's the one to pay, Taeyeon tagged along so that there will be someone helping her with the trays. Jiyeon and Tiffany were left at the tables, it was silence and awkward. They were like strangers.

"So unnie.." Jiyeon spoke, trying to break the awkward atmosphere around them. "How are you doing with Siwon oppa?"

Tiffany put down her phone to look at Jiyeon who was expecting an answer from her. She smiled. "We're doing good." She said shortly.

Jiyeon doesn't know about the incident, Taeyeon haven't told her since it might cause a fight.

"Oh." Jiyeon could only nod, she looked to her left where pile of customers are still waiting to be served. Her eyes were only darted to Taeyeon who was happily chatting with Jessica.

"How about you and Taeyeon?" Tiffany quickly asked to keep the conversation going.

"We're happy. I mean we just started but he's sweet and caring." Jiyeon smiled as she thought of the first day that Taeyeon held her hands to keep her warm.

Tiffany's face went unreadable. "That's great." She replied bluntly as if she doesn't want Jiyeon to continue anymore. She took her phone and played on it again.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon went back after minutes of waiting. Taeyeon placed the tray in front of Jiyeon while Jessica did the same the only difference is that the tray was placed in front of Tiffany. 

Taeyeon started feeding Jiyeon while Jiyeon could only giggled from their cheesyness. Not knowing that a pair of eyes were glued on him. Tiffany has been eyeing Taeyeon and his action. Taeyeon flashes his smile to Jiyeon but Tiffany doesn't like it. Taeyeon used to flash those sweet smile to her.

"Aigoo, hot hot hot." Taeyeon spat out the soup, sticking his tongue out and using his hand as a fan. "Hot." He said still sticking his tongue out. Jiyeon chuckled, handing some tissues to her boyfriend.

"I told you to blow some air on it."

"I thought it was enough." Taeyeon chuckled.

Meanwhile, Tiffany smashed her hand on the table making a loud thud. Jessica, Taeyeon and Jiyeon looked at her with weird looks. She smiled sheepishly as she swept the spot she hit. "Sorry there was a bug."

Taeyeon shrugged as well as Jiyeon. But Jessica kicked Tiffany's feet. "What was that?" Jessica mouthed.

"There was a bug."

"This is a restaurant that's quite impossible. Plus, you hate bugs! You would squeal like a fangirl and make a scene here rather than killing them causing a loud thud on the table and grabbing Taeyeon and Jiyeon's attention only."

"What's your point?"

"You're jealous aren't you?" 

"I am not. I have a boyfriend." Tiffany glared.

"So? That doesn't mean you can't get jealous. You're jealous admit it Tiffany."

"I'm not."

"You're jealous at your bestfriend's girlfriend."

"No. Will you please stop. It's not funny Jessica." Tiffany spoke the last sentence in english causing Jessica to smirk.

"You are." She replied using the same language, prior to what Tiffany used. "I know you Stephanie Hwang."

Tiffany stood up from the table. Some soups spilled all over the table. The couple on the side went confused. They looked at Jessica but she just shrugged. Tiffany grabbed her purse and stormed out of the store.

"I'm not jealous!" She said to herself as she walk out of the mall. "I'm just not used to Taeyeon being like that to others. That's all." She firmly said to herself but her inner self keeps on saying that she was indeed jealous.

She hailed a cab and went away to a place she always visit whenever times like this come.

 


So yeah, another chappy. I can't do double updates. Sorry about that, but I'm still trying.

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))

Comment okay? I love reading comments.

Show me some love :)))