5

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Saturday morning

 

Taeyeon's POV

"Hey mom. I'm going out!" I shouted as I put on my shoes.

"Okay, be safe." My mom responded.

I don't have a good feeling about what Siwon told me, but I think I should give it a try. It wouldn't hurt right?

So I walk down the street, to the cafe we're supposed to meet at. I saw Siwon standing outside.

"Taeng!" He shouted waving his hand.

"This better be good Siwon." I said, he laughed and wrapped his arm on my neck. 

"Oh yeah." He said as he push the door.

I spotted two ladies. The other is Tiffany and the other one. Hm. No Idea.

"Oh hey Taeng." Tiffany greeted excitedly. Showing her eyesmile.

I smiled awkwardly at them. I sat across the girl I believed Siwon's friend. Flushing my not-so-comfortable-smile.

"So, Taeng. This is my friend, Jiyeon. Jiyeon this my friend Taeng."

So yeah I just flashed my awkward smile. Nodding at the same time. Siwon and Tiffany are cuddling again. While this girl can't help but to show her smile shyly.

"So we'll leave you guys alone. Enjoy." Siwon said, dragging Tiffany with him. I watched them walk away, disappearing from my sight as I heaved out a sigh.

"Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon." Jiyeon said lifting her hand, asking for a shake.

"Yeah, uh. Kim Taeyeon. You can call me Taeng or Taeyeon or whatever." I awkwardly shook her hands.

So the rest of our 'date' went well. I decided to take her for a walk and we ended up staying in the park, watching those kids play around.

"So you mean you're an only son?" She asked.

"Yep. It's kinda boring to be an only son."

She nodded and her ice cream, I laugh at how cute she was whe she her ice cream. 

"Yah what are you laughing about?"

I continued laughing. I noticed a cream left on the side of her lip so I stopped laughing and stared at her.

She was starting the get confused. "I-is there something on my face?"

I smiled and lifted my hand to wipe away the cream. "There you go. All clean."

I can see she felt shy so I just smiled. A warm smile so she won't feel bothered or something. 

"Taeyeon-ssi have you had a girlfriend before?"

That question.

"No. I haven't."

"Oh."

I panicked at her reaction so, "But hey! I'm not gay or something. It's just that- I-. I'm not gay okay!"

She laughed. "I didn't say that Taeyeon-ssi." She ruffled my hair and I pouted. "Cute."

"Drop the formality." I smiled.

"Let's go to the amusement park Taeyeon!" She shouted, excitedly stood up and jumped up and down. Causing people to look at her with a weird look.

"I don't know her." I said, as I notice people looking at me while looking back at the girl jumping like a kid. "Let's go."

                                                                   ——————————————————————————————————

(At the Lotte World)

"Taeng let's ride those!" Aigoo this girl, is she a kid or something.

"Hey, chill. You look crazy." I teased.

"Sorry I got excited."

I shook my head and continued walking. 

So we rode Gyro drop, Comet Express and every thrilling ride that was there. I swear I would die if this girl wants to ride that Gyro drop again.

"Woo, that was fun!" She exclaimed once we got out from the last ride we rode. My palms were on my knees and I was sweating cold sweats. 

Nausea. I hate this feeling.

"Yeah yeah." I said. 

"Are you alright Taeng?" She asked as she run her hand to caress my back. I gave a small nod before fixing myself. "Are you sure?"

"Nah, I'm fine." I smiled, reassuring her. "Can we just stroll? I think I can't handle another ride."

She agreed and we strolled around Lotted World indoor and outdoor.  I really don't like walking but I'm having slight headache.

Those stupid rides needs to be destroyed. 

I look here and there, scanning the whole place. When suddenly my precious eyes landed on a souvenir shop. 

"Hey let's check that store." We entered the store and started looking at the things. "Wow this is cute."

"Taeng, look at this. It's cute right?" She asked, scanning the headband on her hands which has a cute mickey mouse ears on it.

"We'll know if you try it on." She smiled and did what I said. "See, the headband is cute."

She pouted and hit my chest. "So you're saying I'm not cute?"

"Hey, I didn't say that." I chuckled.

"Meanie."

"I was just kidding. You look cute of course."

She blushed and became shy again. "Aigoo."

I smiled again and went scanning the store.

And then I saw a Totoro on the corner.

Then came Tiffany, in my mind. Spazzing over Totoro. God why do I have to think about her.

"Hey done looking?" Jiyeon asked so I snapped back to reality. I noticed she didn't bought the headband she was spazzing over, so I secretly took and pay it. Without her knowing.

"So what do you wanna do next?" I asked.

"Hm, let's have one last ride before going home."

"Oh sure, what ride?" Please not atlantis or the viking thing.

"Hm. Let's ride that monorail." She smiled.

I nodded since it's not that very scary.

"Wow, the view here is very beautiful. Look it's Seokchon Lake!"

Here goes spazzing Jiyeon again. Since her voice gets too loud when spazzing, other passengers started look at us. Jiyeon was being oblivious about and I.. Gosh don't mind me.

"She's not with me. I don't know this girl." I denied, since some passengers are looking at me.

"Aigoo, Yah Jiyeon." I whispered.

I guess I can't do anything about this girl. So I ended up watching her spazz. She looks cute like a kid. It's almost sunset so it made her look like a cute adorable kid. With golden brown ray of sun hitting her face.

The whole ride ended with me watching her and smiling once a while. And her, spazzing.

"Aww, going home." She said making a sad tone. "I wanted to stay for more hours."

"Nope we can't."

"How about we take a walk around han river."

"Sure."

So yeah, we took another stroll around han river. I noticed her shivering slightly so I took off my jacket and put it on her.

"Wear this. That'll keep you warm." She smiled.

We sat on one of the bench. I was happy, both physically and emotionally. For once I forgot about Tiffany and Siwon, and it's freaking funny how I said that I forgot about them and yet I just mentioned their names.

I never knew that Han River is pretty. Those water that comes out of the bridge are pretty. I only think of this place as my calming place. When I was in middle school, I usually go here whenever I feel like crying. And you guys know what's the reason behind that. No need to mention her.

I looked at the girl beside me and she was rubbing her hands together. I guess she's cold.

"Here." I held her hands on mine. Instead of her rubbing her hands, I used mine to rub her hands. "My mom always tell me that I have a warm hands just like how warm my smile is. That's why whenever she finishes her work, I always warm her hands using mine."

Though I wasn't looking at her, I know she's smiling and blushing.

"Well your mom tells you the truth. But I think your mom forgot something." I stopped and faced her with a smile.

"What is it?" I asked softly.

"You also have a warm eyes."

I chuckled.

"You think so?" 

She chuckled. "Yes."

So few minutes later we decided to head, as a well mannered guy I walked her to her house.

"So yeah, I had fun today. Thanks." I said.

"Yeah. I did too. You're a dorky guy so I didn't get bored or something." She smiled.

Once we reached her house. I don't how to describe this feeling or scene. Just imagine a guy infront of a girl's house, the girl being shy. Tucking her hair to the side.

"Here." She looked at my hand. "Wear that. You look cute wearing that." I smiled.

"Thank you." She hugged me and I was shocked. I didn't expect that but I returned the hug.

"Welcome. Now get in. It's getting cold." She smiled and nodded.

"Good night Taeng." I smiled and waved my hand.

 

So I just decided to walk around the street since it's still early. Like 7pm. 

I passed the park where I hang out, can't help but to notice a girl sitting all alone in the park. I got curious so I walked closer.

Tch, me and my curiousity.

Once I get closer I didn't expect to see her here.

"Tiffany?"

I was right. It was her. She looked sad. There's something wrong.

"What are you doing here?"

She smiled. But I swear it's a forced one. "I don't really know." She chuckled.

"Where's Siwon?"

She grew quiet and there I sensed that it has to do something with Siwon, that's why she's here. I mean, she should be with Siwon now. Having a date I totally wish I can have with her.

"Well–" She spoke but paused for a second. "We had a fight."

"A fight? About what?"

"About a restaurant." 

Immature Siwon is immature Siwon.

"I wanted to eat in a restaurant, turns out he doesn't like that restaurant. So we ended fighting."

So that's why. Jeez if I was Siwon I would eat wherever you want.

But you're not Taeng, so in your dreams.

Oh god stupid brain.

"And he just left me in the sidewalk." She started crying. She leaned her head to my shoulder and sobbed.

This is one of the hardest part wherein I tried my very best to make heart beat normal but it would just multiple the rate. And my hope is starting to rise again.

"Sometimes Siwon can be immature. So just get used to that." I wrapped my arm on her shoulder.

"He's supposed to apologize Taeng. But until now I haven't received any text or call from him."

God damn you Siwon!

Minions! Assemble and attack that freaking Shisus.

"Well then, on behalf of Siwon. I apologize for his stupidity and immaturity. Now can you forgive him?"

She chuckled and wiped her tears away. "Aww. I wish Siwon would be like you."

That's when hope rose.

"Thank you Taeng." She smiled and caressed my cheek.

"No problem. So let's go?"

She nodded cutely. I stood up first and offered my hand for assistance. You know, like how hotel boys do it. She took and then we walked hand in hand.

"So how's your date?" She asked all of a sudden. In the middle of our silent walk.

"Hmm. It was fun. Yeah, fun." I replied in between of nods.

So now my both of my hands are in my pockets and she was hugging my right arm.

My house is a few steps away. But I stopped when I saw a familiar figure sitting in front of my door house. Yeah we kinda have few stairs in front of our door.

"Hey isn't that Siwon?" I whispered.

"Huh where?" Tiffany started turning her head, looking for her boyfriend.

She found him and at the same time Siwon saw us, luckily Tiffany wasn't hugging my arm anymore. So yeah I'm safe.

Siwon stood up quickly and ran towards Tiffany. "Fany-ah I'm really sorry about earlier." He pleaded.

Tiffany was stiffened by Siwon's hug, that all she could do was nothing.

"Fany-ah I'm really sorry. Please forgive. I'm so stupid."

Tiffany smiled and returned the hug. "It's okay."

Jaw dropped in my inner thought.

"Oh hey, Taeng. Thanks for walking with Tiffany."

All I could this was smile. Flash my famous fake smile. This is getting awkward.

"So yeah, uhm. I'll see you guys tomorrow. I guess." I smiled and bowed. I ran to my house. But before I could go in, Tiffany shouted.

"Taeng!"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you!" She flashed her eye-smile that would definitely melt me. But I just stayed frozen. 

"Welcome."

Then close the door.

We all know that I ended up crying in my room. That I ended up collecting pieces of my broken heart.

 


So, how's this chap? Is it good? Or boring or I don't know?

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))