20

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Flashback

The banging on the door was finally gone. Tiffany slowly stood up, wiping her tears away, her eyeliner staining her soft cheeks. She cried even more as she reached for the knob. Her hands were shaking, slowly she opened the door and peeked to the small opening. She stepped out of the house and started walking to the cafe.

Minutes later she reached the certain cafe. She walked in, ignoring the customers that were looking at her. She sat on the chair, waiting for Taeyeon to come. She cried there, not knowing that Siwon was following her all along.

Siwon waited for minutes before approaching his crying girlfriend. With all the courage and guts he has, he slowly walked towards Tiffany. He tapped Tiffany on her shoulder, slowly leaning his head over the girl's ears.

"Tiffany, let's talk." He whispered softly. But Tiffany didn't respond. Siwon decided to shake the girl but she didn't said a thing, instead she pushed his hands away.

Tiffany stood up, raging. Siwon was taken aback by it. He didn't know that Tiffany could be mad like hell. He held Tiffany by her shoulders but Tiffany pushed it away again. Siwon hugged the girl, as expected Tiffany kept on hitting him, screaming. He endured it, letting Tiffany hit him as hard as she can.

"Let me go Siwon." Tiffany cried, her energy failed her. She was tired from too much crying. Her hands slowly moving up, looking like she were going to hug him but no she used it to shove Siwon away. 

Siwon took a step back, letting go of Tiffany.

"Tiff let me explain."

"No just go. I don't want to see you right now."

Siwon sighed, he looked down and nodded. He left and let Tiffany alone. He doesn't want to leave her there though without apologizing.

Now that Tiffany was left there all alone. She sobbed. Little did she know that the person she was waiting already left even before she knew it. She waited for hours until the cafe closes.

End of Flashback

 

Tiffany turned around, facing Siwon with her fist clenched tightly.

"Tiffany let's talk please." Siwon pleaded, trying to save their relationship.

"No. We're over."

"DON"T SAY THAT!" Siwon shouted, his eyes tearing up. "Please don't. I've made mistakes I know and I'm sorry. It was the biggest mistake of my life. It is. I'm sorry for hurting you. Please give me another chance. Tiffany please."

Tiffany didn't move a bit. She stared right into Siwon's eyes. She saw how sincere he is, but she can't just play along with it.

"Tiffany please."

 

**

 

After Tiffany left, the four of them talking and eating. Yuri was quiet the whole time and this made Jessica guilty. While Taeyeon and Jiyeon was being sweet all over, smiling here and there.

But Jiyeon's eyes showed the opposite. She was smiling and laughing, everyone would think she's happy. But she isn't, it's not that she's not happy but soon she has to end something that makes her happy. It hurt her by just thinking about it but she have to do this or she'll end up hurting herself. After all she's still confused about her true feelings.

She stared at Taeyeon who was giggling at her, she smiled at the sight of it.

"Hey guys I need to go." Yuri suddenly spoke, grabbing his friend's attention. He grabbed his backpack and hung it on his right arm.

"But it's still early." Taeyeon said.

"So? I wanna go somewhere."

"I'm coming with you. I don't want to be stuck here with these two."

"Whatever."

Yuri and Jessica left. Leaving only Jiyeon and Taeyeon on the table.

"So, I'll just see you at the park later, after my shift."

Jiyeon nodded.

"I guess we also need to go since everyone left." He chuckled.

"Yeah,"

The two of them stood up, grabbing their things and was about to leave but Jiyeon noticed a bag.

"Hey isn't that Tiffany unnie's bag?"

Taeyeon peeked over and saw it was Tiffany's bag.

"I think you should bring it to her. Go get it."

Taeyeon shrugged and did what Jiyeon said, he carried the bag. He held Jiyeon's hand walking her to her next class.

"I'll see you okay? It's okay to be late." Taeyeon said.

Jiyeon nodded before entering her room.

Taeyeon smiled as well, turning around to go to his next class. But before he could take another step he realized that he was holding Tiffany's bag. He put his palm on his face, turning around again to walk on the other side.

"Where could that girl be?" He uttered walking around the hall, looking for Tiffany. It took him minutes before getting into the other hall, there were fewer students on this side, so he ran and ran to find Tiffany faster.

 

Siwon and Tiffany stood there in silence. Staring into each other's eyes, trying to read each other's mind. Siwon isn't sure if Tiffany would forgive him but trying won't kill right. He waited for Tiffany to respond but the latter was paralyzed, she was idle. Siwon walked closer to the girl, the shoes of his sole can be heard because of the silence between them.

Tiffany was too occupied with her thoughts to even notice Siwon walking closer to her.

"Tiffany just give me another chance."

Tiffany snapped back to reality, only to realize that Siwon is already close to her. She took a step back.

 

Taeyeon was unknowingly getting close to see a scene he hated to see. He looked here and there trying to find Tiffany. Though Taeyeon hasn't fully forgot what happened he acted like it was nothing. Of course it's painful, but how can he show it when he'll end up hurting Jiyeon.

He sighed slowing on his pace as he made another shift to look on his left. From a far he can see a figure. He can't fully recognize who it was but slowly he approached the figure and as he got closer, he found out that there were two of them.

'Please be Tiffany. Please be Tiffany.' He hoped so that he can go to his next class. He smiled realizing that it was finally Tiffany but a part of him frowned as the memories of Saturday night went back.

He shook his head and walked closer. Closer and closer until it hit him, he recognize that the other figure was Siwon. He frowned and just like what happened the other night– he was frozen like a statue. He stared at them almost tearing up on the sight.

While Taeyeon watches the two. Siwon and Tiffany were clueless about his presence. Siwon held Tiffany's hand as he took another step.

"Please give me another chance and I won't make the same mistakes again." He begged and a tear fell on his cheek. Sorrow and sadness were playing around his orbs.

Tiffany gulped as she clench her fist tightly.

'What should I do?'

"Siwon I-"

"Please Tiffany, I don't want to lose you."

Slowly and unknowingly Tiffany hugged Siwon. She wasn't smiling nor frowning. Her face show nothing. All Siwon could do is hug Tiffany tighter closing his eyes as he smell the girl's scent.

Taeyeon could only smile pathetically at the sight. He nodded at himself and just like the other night he walked away with his heart torn apart. He walked and walked and stopped when he reached Tiffany's next class.

"Hey, I'm Tiffany's friend, please give this to her later." He said handing the bag with a hurtful smile forming on his lips. The girl nodded.

 

**

 

Time went by so fast as the last bell of the day trailed off. Students started leaving the campus with a happy face. Taeyeon lifelessly walked out of the campus. He didn't get to see Tiffany after the scene, it helped a little, not seeing the girl who has been hurting him for awhile.

"Hey Taeng," Yuri whispered, wrapping an arm over Taeyeon's neck. While the latter could only put out a mere smile. "What's wrong?"

Taeyeon shook his head letting out a small chuckle. But Yuri knows better, he wasn't the closest friend of Taeyeon but he knows when Taeyeon hides something.

He frowned as he notice Taeyeon's unhappy face. It's not new to him.

It's familiar. Very familiar.

"You could always talk to me Taeng, it's not like I know nothing." Yuri seriously said.

Taeyeon let out another small chuckle, "Seriously it's nothing."

"You're not fooling me. Tell me, it's about Tiffany right?"

Taeyeon went silent. He looked up and smiled weakly.

Yuri pitied Taeyeon.

'How could a good guy suffer this much?'

"What happened?" Yuri asked.

It took Taeyeon minutes before he answered, "Like always, my heart went to pieces and my eyes leaked out all the pain."

"Why?"

"I'll tell you tomorrow. Let's finish our work."

 

**

 

Few hours later.

"Hey Taeng. Tomorrow. Morning. On the rooftop. Let's talk okay?"

Taeyeon nodded and smiled at his friend. Yuri patted Taeyeon on his shoulder before leaving the store.

 

(At the park)

Jiyeon came earlier. Although Taeyeon told her that it's okay to be late she still came earlier than her boyfriend. She sat on the bench, she can feel the coldness of the stone running through her clothes.

She smiled as she look up the the sky. The stars were twinkling brightly like how Taeyeon's eyes twinkle. It's so beautiful to see that everyone would admire their presence.

Jiyeon doesn't know how long she has been staring at the twinkling stars, but it has been minutes, until a tear fell on her cheek. She snapped back and wiped it away as soon as possible.

"Jiyeon-ah," A sweet-melodic voice called out her name sweetly. She turned around and found Taeyeon standing with a smile on his face.

She smiled, "You're late again."

Taeyeon sat beside Jiyeon, he suddenly wondered why there was a stain of a tear on her cheek. He tilted his head closely.

"Are you crying?" He asked.

Jiyeon was startled, she doesn't know what to do, in fact she wanted to cry but she can't. Not here.

She smiled and shook her head calmly. Taeyeon slowly nodded, believing Jiyeon.

"What are we doing here again?" Taeyeon asked.

Jiyeon smiled, "What is Tiffany-unnie to you?"

Taeyeon went blank. A very unexpected question.

He gulped.

"She, she's my bestfriend. Why?" Taeyeon slowly spoke.

Jiyeon nodded, "Do you love her?"

Taeyeon felt like a ligthning suddenly struck him right on his chest. He felt like the world is pressing against him.

"Answer me Taeng."

"Jiyeon–"

"I wanna know Taeng."

Taeyeon dropped his head because his tears would fall anytime. "I don't know."

Jiyeon smiled looking at the person beside her. "You love her. With the way you look at her. You just don't want to tell it to me because you don't want to hurt me. Taeng," Jiyeon paused, "It hurts. But I'm letting you go. I don't want to hold on to something that would let me fall."

Taeyeon shut his eyes, tightly. Not letting his tears escape.

"You're a very kind guy. A genuine one. And a one of million kind of guy. But I guess we don't deserve each other," Jiyeon cupped Taeyeon's face. Forcing the latter to look at her. "Open your eyes, I wanna see them." She whispers. Taeyeon slowly opened it, revealing his tears. Jiyeon smiled weakly, "They're still beautiful and warm. Both of us deserves a happy-ending-story. Your heart beats for someone who's not me."

Taeyeon shook his head, denying all what Jiyeon said. They were both crying.

"It is Taeng. It hurts but I have to let you go."

"You're leaving me," Taeyeon says. "Everyone does that. "

"Because it's the right thing to do.."

Taeyeon could only look down and let his tears fall. He can't speak, he can't look at Jiyeon in the eye. He wanted to make it work though he know it won't. It's the right thing to do but Taeyeon feels it isn't.

"Is the right thing to do always painful? I'm doing the right thing too but why does it hurt?" Taeyeon cried even more. He clutched tightly on his chest, trying to surpress the pain. But it was too painful, like always and it's too cliché.

He cried and cried in front of Jiyeon, while the latter could only watch and frown seeing the boy cry. This was the first time that Jiyeon saw a guy cry in front of her, it hurt her. She engulfed the crying boy in a hug, calming him down until his cries went to a sobs.

"I was there Jiyeon," Taeyeon spoke after a long minutes of silence. "She told you I didn't came, but I did. I was there watching them from a far. Breaking my heart into pieces until it turned into a dust."

Jiyeon kept silent, she doesn't know what to say or what to do to calm Taeyeon down. To lessen the pain he was feeling, guilt was starting to eat her up. She doesn't know anything about this.

"Taeng," She whispered.

"She knows Jiyeon. She knows Siwon is cheating on her, but how could she even forgive him. Is that the right thing to do?"

Jiyeon shook her head.

Taeyeon stood up, wiping his tears away as he made a sniff like a kid. He looked at Jiyeon and tried his best to give her the warmest smile he could give but he failed as a shade of pain joined his smile. A tear dropped on his cheek and as fast as he can, he wiped it.

"You deserve a happy-ending-story but I don't." Taeyeon said and started walking away.

Jiyeon stayed there as she watched the guy walk away. She was stiffened right there, she froze and couldn't make a single move.

(Play the song BYMGD - C-Clown put it on Kangjun's part; Naneun neo......)

As Taeyeon took a step, a tear started falling once again. Continuously.

'I'm letting you go.' Jiyeon's voice started ringing on his head.

He walked groggily like he drunk beer.

'Both of us deserves a happy-ending-story.'

He chuckled weakly. Little did he know that he had been walking for minutes. He stopped and leaned on the railings of the bridge.

"Fany-ah! Just disappear! It's hard to see you, it hurts!" He broke down on his knees and cried again. "It hurts."

That was the last thing Taeyeon said, it'll be a very long night and he doesn't think of going home. Another non-stop crying for him, it tires him already, he's supposed to get used to this but he can't.

 


Hi Everyone! Is this chapter good or you hate it? Yeah I bet you hate it.

School is really tiring, It felt like our adviser doesn't care about us. Lol I'm sharing this because it's really a torture.

Anyway please still enjoy. AND! I didn't get enough comments last time :( That is so sad.

So PLEASE! Comment! Hahaha. It makes me happy when I see a lot of comments xD

 Love yah all!