24

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


After walking Jiyeon to her class, I quickly head to mine. But then, infront of the door I stood, stiffened. A sudden tingling sensation invaded my insides.

I found myself by her eyes. Why the heck am I staring at her.

I shook my head, breaking the staring contest we were having. I gave her a faint smile before sitting on my chair.

"Why were you staring at me?" She whispered as I settled myself, trying to find a comfortable position.

I shrugged, "You were doing the same."

She nodded and grab her focus in front. I smiled without her noticing it. I opened my notebook and stared at the blank page of it, I sighed. I'm not in the mood of studying.

I looked down and felt bored all of a sudden.

 

**

 

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon!" I heard someone shouted. I turned around and found Yuri walking towards me. I gave him a smile and waited for him. Soon he wrapped his arm around my neck and grinned at me.

I adjusted my bag since it was about to fall off my shoulder. We walked together; me locked on his arm.

"Yah, Kwon Yuri."

"What?"

"Nothing,"

"You didn't show up at the rooftop."

Just then, I remembered what he said yesterday. I nodded and gave him an apologetic smile. He scrunched his face and continued walking with me. Setting ourselves on the corner of the canteen with our tray of food.

"So what happened again?"

I looked at him, confused. What was he asking? He shrugged and shoved another spoonful of rice.

"About Tiffany,"

I stopped and felt my heart clenching a bit. I looked at him again.

"What about her?"

"You've been thinking about her lately. Not that it's new to me, but you've been sadder than the usual. So tell me, what happened?"

I sighed and hesitated to tell him. But what can I do? Yuri is one of my trusted friend.

"Siwon cheated–"

"That motherf*cker!" He exclaimed and almost knock the chair out. He came back to his sense and realized that some students were gazing at him weirdly. "Nothing to see here brothers!"

"Calm your mouth down,"

He shrugged and went back to his seat.

"As I was saying, Siwon cheated and Tiffany chose to stay with him." I sighed and continued eating.

"That . How come he gets the good stuff."

I shrugged. I didn't respond or anything as I was trying to have a peaceful meal today. It's weird how my heart feels bursting right when her name was mentioned. I shook my head.

 

**

 

"Say, how come you dated Siwon even though he's a jerk even before." Jessica asked as the two of them walked along the corridor. Tiffany was busy on her phone but attentively listening to what Jessica was saying.

"I don't know," She simply answered without sparing Jessica a glance.

"Then why didn't you date Taeyeon instead of Siwon," This time Tiffany stopped. She faced Jessica and the other girl became stiff, she was surprised when Tiffany suddenly stopped. Guessing Tiffany will answer the question but was taking too long, she lifted an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"I actually don't know." Tiffany sighed.

Jessica sensed something, it was something. Regrets.

She felt Tiffany regretted dating Siwon. She noticed and smirked when another question came to her mind, "You had feelings for Taeyeon before right?"

Tiffany furrowed her brows, "Had? You mean have," she sighed again.

Meanwhile Jessica had her jaw dropped. She wasn't close to Taeyeon or even Siwon but this shocked her. She knows Taeyeon has the same feelings and this revelation could lead into one thing; them being together.

"But you dated Siwon, why is that?"

"To get rid of the feelings."

Jessica became confused she tilted her head indicating for another explanation. Tiffany sighed preparing herself, "I wanted to get rid of my feelings. Taeyeon and I are bestfriends I don't want to ruin anything. Plus, Taeyeon doesn't feel anything for me."

'How could this girl be so dense.' Jessica thought and nodded slowly before continuing to walk again.

"But you made it look like you don't have any."

Tiffany smiled, "I guess I'm good at acting."

"I guess you are."

"Jessi,"

"Hm?"

"Don't tell him okay?"

"Don't worry, my loyalty is with you." Jessica smiled.

 

**

 

"Sica!" Yuri shouted when he noticed two familliar figure entering the cafeteria.

Jessica quickly turned around when she heard the familiar name. She found Yuri waving his hand at them frantically. She smiled and made her way to the table with Tiffany just behind her.

"How's lunch going?" She asked, placing her bag on the table.

"Ahm, good I guess. Aren't you going to eat something?"

"I'm on my diet."

Yuri turned to Tiffany, receiving the same answer as Jessica. He turned to Jessica again giving the latter a spoon of beef and rice.

"I told you I'm on my diet,"

Yuri pouted, "please? Just one spoon and I'll be happy."

Jessica sighed and eventually gave in to Yuri's request. The latter smiled victoriously and caressed Jessica's cheek.

"Eew no PDA please." Tiffany looked at them with disgust on her face.

She continued playing on her phone when Jessica snorted back, "You're just jealous."

"Am not!" Tiffany snorted.

"Call Siwon so you won't be jealous," Jessica smirked, secretly peeking over Taeyeon who had his head down.

'Oh my god this two is so obvious.'

 

 

The four of them went their seperate ways. Taeyeon and Yuri both walked their way to the shop while Jessica and Tiffany went to the mall just for shopping. Taeyeon and Yuri were laughing here and there, looking at some derp face.

"This is one is the best," Yuri said surpressing his laugh. Taeyeon followed wiping his tears made by the continous laugh.

"Hyung!" Both stopped hearing someone from behind calling them. They saw MinWoo running towards them with two new figures following him. The younger guy stopped, panting. "Great to see you hyung." Minwoo smiled.

"Wow, you have two new friends huh," Yuri exclaimed engulfing the two new boys with a hug.

Sehun and Luhan looked at Yuri with weird faces. They're not used to this.

"Call me Yul hyung."

"Yah Yul, stopped. You're creeping them out." Taeyeon looked at Minwoo, "Aren't you going to introduce them?"

"Oh yeah, this is Sehun and Luhan. They're twins."

"Ooh, finally! Real twins! I was actually getting tired thinking that you and Taeyeon are twins."

 

**

 

"So are you going to confess?" Jessica asked.

Tiffany shook her head, "I'm not going to. I almost ruin our friendship because of Siwon. I don't want to grab that oppurtunity again."

"But what if he likes you too,"

Tiffany shook her head again while giving a bitter smile, "I know Taeyeon. He doesn't have that kind of feelings."

'Gosh you're so stupid Tiffany.' Jessica thought, "Maybe you don't know him well after all."

Jessica continued walking, leaving Tiffany dumbfounded. She stared at Jessica's back trying to analyze what the girl just said.

"Maybe you don't know him well after all,"

Jessica's line kept playing on her mind not aware of Jessica disappearing from her sight.. She was too engulfed thinking about it. "I don't know him well?" She asked herself. "I know him well."

 


Update! Been busy. Joking, I was having a hard time these days. I got seperated from my friends, we got into different section. So I became sad and needed time to make myself okay. God I'm such a drama queen.

I'll try updating fast.

Don't get bored with this fic. I might really think I'm all alone now. I seriously hate that.

Anyway, leave a comment. Please?

iloveyou guys :))