4

Because You Might Grow Distant

 


No One's POV

A ray of sun flashed through the curtains, indicating that it was already morning. Taeyeon's mother, slowly opening the door of her son's room.

"Taeyeon?" She whispers.

Hearing no respond from her son, Mrs. Kim stood beside Taeyeon's bed. She shook her son slowly while whispering her son's name.

She got tired shaking the unresponsive figure so she pulled the blanket, letting it drop on the ground.

"Kim Taeyeon you get up now!" She shouted.

Taeyeon felt cold air. He groaned and when he heard his mom shouting, he took his pillow and put it on top of his head.

"Why you!" Mrs. Kim warned.

"Get up or you'll never see your plushie alive!"

"Okay fine I'm up." He sat up and rubbed his eyes slowly. "What time is it mom?"

"9:30 am"

"Oh I'm late for work! Mom get out of my room."

Mrs. Kim could only shook her head on her son.

Indeed, Taeyeon is working as a part-time crew on fast food chain down the street. He has to work since they're not that rich and his dad already left them. So to help his mom, he decided to work but still managed to have a scholarship on his college.

Taeyeon took a quick bath and wore his uniform. He quickly ran down the stairs and took a sandwich. He kissed his mom on the cheek and bid his goodbye

Taeyeon fortunately got on time. He started his shift being a cashier.

After a few hours or let's say 4.

Taeyeon was on his break, talking with his co-workers. He was laughing with them until his eyes landed on their glass window, his smile faded and turned into a frown. It was like in slowmo. Wherein only him and the person he saw moving in a slow motion while everyone around moves 10x faster.

He watched how Tiffany laughs while clapping her hands, expressing her happiness. While Siwon was wrapping his hand on the petite girl's waist.

How many times do I have to see this kinds of scene. He thought to himself.

He shook his head and brought his focus back on his food. Ignoring what he saw outside.

Tempting, he stood and went back to work again. Taeyeon was serving his 26th customer for today.

"You ordered a Chicken Burger Set, that would be 4,900 won ma'am. Is there any things else you want to add ma'am?" 

"Umma, I want a coffee tornado." The customer's son whined. His mom giggled.

"And one coffee tornado please."

Taeyeon smiled and prepared the tornado. When he was done he put the order in one tray. "Here you go ma'am. That  would be 6,700 won ma'am." He smiled

The lady gave the cash. Taeyeon smiled, giving the receipt.

He was readying the tray, getting some more tissues and straws before focusing on the next customer. He was gonna face them with a smile but as soon as he saw two familiar faces, the smile slowly turned into a fake one.

"Good afternoon ma'am and sir. Welcome to Lotteria." He blankly.

"Hey Taeyeon. I didn't know your shift changed."

You always don't know. Taeyeon said to himself.

He smiled.

"Anyway, we want Lean meat Chicken." Tiffany said as she tap her chin using her finger.

"Full or half?" Taeyeon asked.

"Hm. Half. And one Cola and also a milk shake." She finished ordering.

"That would be 12000 won." Taeyeon said. He received the cash and gave them the receipt.

Tiffany and Siwon walked to their seat and waited.

Taeyeon was preparing the order. Tiffany suddenly remembered that she didn't told Taeyeon what the flavor of her milk shake is. She rushed to the counter. Luckily it's not too crowded at this time so she had no troubles.

"Tae, I forgot–"

Taeyeon smiled. "I know, Strawberry right?" 

Tiffany smiled and nodded.

"Since you're here, why don't you take your order?" Taeyeon said playfully.

"Yah! I'm your customer. You want me to call your manager?" Tiffany said and played along the joke.

Taeyeon chuckled. "Arasso, I'll bring it." 

Taeyeon took the tray and brought it to where Tiffany and Siwon are sitting.

"Thanks Taeng." Siwon said, smiling.

Taeyeon responded with a nod and left.

Then there at the counter. Taeyeon watched, stared, and died once again. 

As the couple bid goodbye, Taeyeon could only respond with a fake smile.

                                                                              ———————————————————————————————

Taeyeon's shift ended.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" He said holding his back pack.

"Okay." His co-workers cooed.

Siwon noticed Taeyeon walking down the street. So without a second he approached Taeyeon.

"Taeng!" He shouted as he wrap his arm on Taeyeon's neck. "Thank god your shift ended."

"Yeah." Taeyeon replied uninterested.

"Are you free this saturday?"

"Uhh, yeah why?"

"I want to introduce you to my friend." He said. "A girl."

Taeyeon removed Siwon's hand from his neck and stopped walking. "You know I'm not into dates."

"Oh c'mon Taeng just one."

"No."

"Please? You're gonna like her. Pretty, y and–"

"No."

"C'mon Taeng."

"I'm not into dating."

"Are you gay?"

"What! No!"

"See. C'mon just one."

"Heck, fine!"

"Yes! I swear you're going to like her. So saturday."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Taeyeon continued walking, he thought Siwon will leave him alone. But he thought wrong. Siwon wrapped his arm on Taeyeon's neck once again.

"Where are you going?" Taeyeon asked, confused.

"To your house." Siwon said bluntly.

"What are you gonna do there?"

"I missed you're mom's kimchi." Siwon chuckled.

And so they went to Taeyeon's house. Taeyeon felt awkward somehow, he wanted to ask where Tiffany is. But he can't.

"Why are you absent anyway?" Siwon asked, munching his mouth some kimchi.

"I don't have classes today."

"Oh, yeah I forgot."

Taeyeon's POV

So after Siwon's visit, he left. Saying that he have to meet Tiffany this afternoon. Of course it .

I went to the kitchen to see if my mom needed help.

"Hey mom. Need some help?"

"Oh hey son. No, I can do it. Why don't you just rest."

"Nah, I'll just go the park mom."

"Okay."

With that I head outside and went to the park.

I sat on the bench and heaved out a sigh. Luckily the park is not that crowded,

"I'll get over you Tiffany. Or not." Taeyeon looked down sadly. "Why do I have to be so attracted to you. Aish!" Taeyeon ruffled his hair.

"Aigoo, hyung. Noona is so beautiful that's why you love her."

"Minwoo?" Taeyeon looked back and found T.K grinning. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be at school."

"School ended hyung, it's already 5pm."

"Oh."


Hey, hey. Now I know, this story is kinda boring. But please. Comment my silent readers. Give me some ideas or things you wanted to happen.

I might do it :))) I'm not a bad author to not grant my readers wish. It's christmas soon anyways :))

So show some love :)) Love Love.

Trust T.K and Taeyeon xD

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))