1

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Taeyeon's POV

"I'm hungry." She said. With a child-like voice. Opening a little bit, asking me to feed her.

I chuckled and grabbed the fork to have a piece of cheesecake. I shoved it to and wiped some strawberry sauce left on the side of her lip.

I pressed myself to her using my arm that was wrapped on her neck. We were happy, eating and giggling.

"Another one?" I asked, ready to shove the next one. She nodded cutely.

I smiled.

I looked at the window. And there I saw her. She popped her head sideways, tapping the glass, smiling. Saying words I don't hear.

The smile faded away. I looked at the girl beside me, she was happy eating cheesecake. Looking at me then giggle softly.

I look at the window again. Same girl. 

She was still tapping the window.

 

 

 

Until reality hits me. Everything went white.

"Taeyeon-ah.." Tiffany called from the window of the van. She was tapping it. 

So I woke up, feeling uneasy.

A dream.

Now I remember where I was. We were on a trip that our school planned.

I faked a smile when I put my attention back at her. She was now waving her hands.

Then her boyfriend came, wrapping his arms to her from behind. Her boyfriend who turns out to be my bestfriend.

I wasn't the best looking guy around the campus but some admired me. I wasn't rich as he was but I'm not that poor either, just average. Tiffany, Siwon and I are best of friends. We've been friends since middle school and until now in college. I was happy with only them around me, 'cause I know they'll never leave me. I was the first one to feel something towards Tiffany or so I thought until Siwon told me about his feelings for Tiffany.

I was broken knowing I wasn't the only one feeling something. More broken because his my bestfriend. I was faking a smile when he was telling me stories about he developed feelings for Tiffany. I was breaking deep inside but I still managed to say things like.

'Yeah go get her..'

'Confess, you two will make a good couple..'

How bitter can I get? So bitter.

I was ready to die when they broke the news that they are officially dating.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Siwon shouted. Pulling me out of my thoughts.

 I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts. I faked a smile again and stood up from my seat.

I walked out of the van. Siwon wrapped his arm around my neck. He was shaking me and I was just smiling.

"Here's your coffee." Tiffany said, holding two cups of coffee.

I took it and beamed a slight smile.

"Where's mine?" Siwon whined. Tiffany turned to him.

"We can share baby." Siwon broke in to a wide smile.

I wish that was me.

I walked slower and slower. Until they were now walking ahead of me.

"C'mon Taeng!" Tiffany shouted.

"I'll catch up."

This gap. This gap. I always feel this far even when I'm near you. Why do I feel like there's a wall blocking us.

Reality.

Dreaming, is this the only chance I got to be with you?

Is it?

Sigh.

"C'mon Taeng. We just have 15 minutes to buy snack." Siwon shouted.

Another fake smile. Seriously when will I show my genuine smile.

Once we got to the store we bought different snacks then we head back to the van. Luckily some of the students aren't back.

After some minutes, we started moving. I was sitting next to the window, Tiffany is between us. I glued my eyes to the window ignoring their cuddle.

I wanted to say so many things to her. But I can't. My lips won't move.

All I can do is steal glances. Look for a couple of seconds at them. Wishing I was the guy cuddling her.

 

 

 

2 hours passed, we arrived at our destination. A hotel.

Of course boys are seperated from girls. So I ended up having a room with Siwon and Yuri.

After settling things, luggages and others. We headed out greeted by a great view of Sokcho Beach.

"Taeng! C'mon let's go and take a walk at the beach!" Siwon said exiting the hotel. He was being dragged by his girlfriend.

I stopped and watched them run away, holding hands.

"You know, you could stay away if you are that hurt." A man with a not-so-deep voice spoke.

Yuri. Another friend of mine. We're pretty close in a way.

"I can't. I just can't."

I followed them though I was breaking into smaller pieces.

Once again, I ended up walking behind them. I looked up and down with a frown.

How long am I going to stay like this?

She looked at me with a smile, I returned it with a smile also. But a fake one.

She noticed it and frowned a little bit before focusing in front again.

 


Just a short update for chapter one. It'll be longer on my next updates :))

So please wait :))

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))