21

Because You Might Grow Distant

So yeah, you hate Chapter 20, so I'm gonna make a change xD

 


Jiyeon didn't think of following Taeyeon, instead she stayed at the park, thinking of something. She lifted her head and took her phone out. She dialed Tiffany's number waiting for the older girl to answer.

"Hello?" A husky voice answered, indeed it's Tiffany.

"Unnie," Jiyeon spoke weakly. It was almost a whisper that you could sense something was wrong.

"Jiyeon, you sound weird. What happened?"

Instead of answering the question Jiyeon didn't, "Are you with Siwon oppa?" She asked.

"I'm not with him."

"Are you two still together?"

"No. I broke up with him like few hours ago."

Jiyeon smiled half-heartedly.

"Jiyeon you're being weird right now. What's wrong?"

"Please go and look for Taeyeon." Without further ado, Jiyeon disconnected the phone. She smiled though it hurt her to let go of Taeyeon.

 

**

 

Tiffany flinched as a long beeping sound struck her ear, she moved her phone away from her ear and saw that Jiyeon disconnected the call already. She frowned, she doesn't know what Jiyeon meant.

"Look for Taeyeon," She says, thinking very deeply on what to do. She stood up grabbing her jacket and head off.

She doesn't know where to start but one place came to her mind, their middle school field.

 

Taeyeon didn't stay long on the bridge, he cried but not for too long anymore. He stood up wiping the last drop of his tears away. He wasn't sure of where to go, but he definitely doesn't want to go home.

He walked and walked until he reached the previous school he went to. Unfortunately the front gate was closed, he think of a way how to get in and the only way to get in is too get over the reachable fence. Thanks for the huge trash bin.

He jumped on the other side with ease, he started walking with right into the field where a huge old tree lied. He sat on the grass and leaned his upper body against the oak tree.

It's a peaceful night, he felt light. He felt fine and somehow better. He smiled as he stare at the night sky. Stars twinkle from a far, it's pretty.

"What an ill-fated life you have Taeyeon." He chuckled. 

He turned his head quickly as his phone lit up. It was a message from Tiffany.

His heart thumped hard agaisnt his chest.

He has no choice but to open the message. So slowly he tapped on his phone.

 

From: Fanyy

Kim Taeyeon! I know you're inside the school, help me jump over the fence!

 

Received at 9.36 pm

 

His brows met trying to analyze how Tiffany knew he's in the field.

He stood up, running towards the fence.

"Kim Taeyeon!" Taeyeon could hear Tiffany half-way. "Yah! Kim Taeyeon!"

All of a sudden Taeyeon thought of a sudden turn of events. Awhile ago he was pouring his heart out and now he felt happy knowing that the girl she wished to be with him is here. Although a part of him isn't, he pushed the thought aside and thought of positive things.

"Step on the trash bin!" He shouted.

"And?"

Taeyeon sighed of how stupid Tiffany is. It's pretty obvious that after stepping on the bin you should jump, but the princess asked about what's next.

"Jump!"

"But I might fall!"

"Can you fly?" Taeyeon asked sarcastically.

"No!"

"Then jump! I'll catch you, don't worry."

Tiffany sighed while crossing her fingers. She shut her eyes and wished for the best. On the count of three Tiffany stepped closer and jumped with her eyes closed. The fence isn't too high since the trash bin is there and on the other side is low platform. Once Taeyeon sighted Tiffany, he walked closer to the wall and waited for Tiffany jumped, he catched Tiffany but the weight is too much causing them to fall right on the ground.

Tiffany's eyes was still closed, she expected that they'll hit the ground but one of her expectation failed. She expected to feel the hardness of the ground, but no she didn't feel anything.

"Will you get up now?" Taeyeon said, pulling Tiffany out of her own world.

Slowly Tiffany opened her eyes and found out that she was on top of Taeyeon. She hit Taeyeon several times before finally standing up.

The both of them got up, dusting their clothes until their eyes landed on each other.

"What are you doing here? And how'd you found me?" Taeyeon asked coldly, as he walked back to the tree.

Tiffany didn't act on what Taeyeon asked, instead she followed Taeyeon to the tree. "Why is your eyes like that? Have you been crying?"

'Yeah I've been crying and it's not normal for a guy! It's your fault because you're stupid!'

"No. I guess I have been sleeping late."

"That's not an excuse Taeng and you lie too obvious."

"Then just let it go. No need to make a fuss about it. Now what are you doing here?"

"Jiyeon called, what happened?"

"We just broke up."

Tiffany's jaw dropped, her eyes were wide opened. She couldn't believe on what her bestfriend said. They just started and now they're already finished. Like nothing happened.

"What did you do?!" Tiffany shouted.

Taeyeon received a lot of slap on his shoulder, "I didn't do anything. She said we deserve a happy-ending-story. No more questions."

"But you guys just started!"

"I know! Will you please stop shouting at me?"

The two started bickering until they fell into silence when an awkward breeze hit them.

 

Taeyeon's POV

How did things turned out this way? A sudden turn of events.

Both of us fell into silence, probably tired from bickering around. And probably because I had enough of her lectures.

She scolded me for letting go Jiyeon that easy. Saying that we were meant for each other, and this and that.

Tss, if she only knew better. Just like the old days. Before everything went so heartbreaking.

It's peaceful and light. No sorrow and pain.

I like this. Maybe God heard my wishes. Finally!

I looked at her and heaved out a sigh, a loud one which caused her to look at me with a questioning look.

Even after all the heart breaks and pain she caused me I still admire her angelic face. Her twinkling eyes and her Oh-so-kissable lips.

It wasn't her fault anyway if she had caused so much pain to me. It was mine actually. If only I had the courage to tell her right away.

But I was a coward and now I'm taking the punishment.

But a part of it is her fault. If she's not easy to fall inlove with. I wouldn't fall for her hard.

"Taeng," She says softly. "I'm sorry for not believing you."

I looked at her pretending I don't know what she was sorry for.

She sighed, "Siwon is a jerk and I'm so stupid for not believing you and even hurted you."

"That's alright." I said though I wasn't really okay with it. It killed me but because she's so irresistable I gave in. Forgiving her is very easy, so easy. She looked me and I can see that she's not satisfied with my answer, I smiled at her.

"Why is everything so easy for you? Letting go and forgiving." She asked.

I chuckled, "It's not easy, I just don't want to make a big fuss over it."

She looked at me weirdly, I shrugged ignoring the look she was giving.

'Trust me Tiffany, it's not easy.'

 

No One's POV

"Will you leave now? I mean I'm in the time of relaxation."

Tiffany was shocked, she looked at Taeyeon and frowned. "What the!"

"What?"

"Awhile ago you're being kind and now, boom! You're sending me off."

"So? What are you doing here in the first place? I didn't asked you to come here."

Tiffany stood up, stompin her feet hard while glaring at Taeyeon, "Jiyeon did! Jiyeon told me to look for you!"

Taeyeon was silenced, he stood up looking right straight into Tiffany's eyes. "You should've just stayed at your dorm."

"You! What's wrong with you!?"

Taeyeon ignored his bestfriend though the latter was screaming at the top of her lungs. He doesn't want to fight back, he's already sensing the change on his behaviour and he doesn't like it.

It's too confusing, everything's confusing. He decided to just walk out and let Tiffany shout.

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany shouted trying not to fall since she wears a high heels. "Yah Kim Taeyeon! Kim Taeng! Kim TaeTae!"

Taeyeon had enough, he quickly turned around and faced Tiffany with an unreadable face.

"Will you quit? Shut up and stop shouting!" Taeyeon started walking again

"Are you really the Kim Taeyeon I once knew? The dorky guy who used to be so positive. The guy who doesn't shout no matter what. The kind and bubbly and calm and–"

"Okay I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm not thinking straight right now." Taeyeon apologized.

It was wrong for him to act this way. He hated it. The fact that everything turned out confusing like a puzzle. He stared right into Tiffany's eyes, trying his very best to look away but her eyes is so captivating. It was hard to back away but he wanted to stop it because he doesn't want to fall even more.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

Taeyeon smiled and shook his head. "It's getting dark, let's just go home and forget about today."

Tiffany just nodded, believing that Taeyeon just got caught up with his break up with Jiyeon. What she didn't know was that it was because of her. She followed Taeyeon and luckily there was an easy way out.

 

"Are you gonna be okay?" Tiffany asked worried about her friend. She doesn't know why but she just feel that way. Taeyeon smiled at her and suddenly, her worries went away. Once she saw the calming side of her friend.

"You should ask yourself, it's already dark."

"I'll be fine. I'll just take a cab."

Taeyeon nodded and waved his hand.

 

He sighed and started walking home.

"Let's forget about today and start a normal day tomorrow."

 


So this chap just came up. Since I, Myself also wanted to stop hurting Taeng. But hey. That's part of the story.

And now. That I posted the oh-so-i-don't-know-chap the next chap would be. I don't know a very awkward chap.

I just gave a hint so, wait for the next update :))

 

Leave a comment :)

Maybe Ideas, or something you want to happen :))