33

Because You Might Grow Distant

Taeyeon woke up by the ringing of his phone. He grunted as he pick up his phone.

"Hello?"

"Taeng open the door please?" 

Taeyeon frowned thinking who the caller is but then smiled seeing Tiffany's name on the screen. He did not bother answering, instead he rushed to the door even with his injuries. He doesn't know why but knowing Tiffany is at the front door of their house made him happy and somehow all the hatred went away. As he open the door, he was greeted by a lovely girl who's smiling from ear to ear, completely making a perfect cresent with her eyes. Taeyeon smiled back with his famous chin dimple and gestured Tiffany to come in. Tiffany took a step but then threw herself onto Taeyeon and hugged him tight. The latter grunted but endured the pain.

"Fany I know you missed me but let's not forget that I am injured." Tiffany quickly released Taeyeon from her bear-hug and smiled apologetically. They stood up for some minutes looking at each others eyes exchanging nothing but soft smiles. "Are we gonna stay like this 'til my mom arrives?" They both chuckled and sat on the couch.

"Sorry I just missed you so much." Tiffany sighed and lowered her head a bit. "You didn't answer any of calls nor reply to my messages." Even though the girl has her head down, Taeyeon could feel that Tiffany was hurt by his actions. 

"Sorry I just needed sometime off from everything."

"It's okay. I understand. It was my fault anyway."

"Hey don't talk like that."

Tiffany finally looked at Taeyeon and once again their eyes met. "Why? It's true anyway. If I wasn't stupid and selfish none of this-"

"Hwang Miyoung!" Tiffany flinched by his loud voice. "I said don't talk like that. Everyone is stupid when it comes to this."

"But-"

"No but's. Where's food?" Taeyeon asked out of the blue just to divert the topic.

Tiffany smiled shyly, "I asked Jessica to buy food for us because I was excited to see you."

"You are so dead to Jessica."

"No I'm not. She said it's okay since she's going to meet Yuri." 

"Fany-ah," Taeyeon's voice suddenly became serious. "When everything's okay between everyone can I court you?" Taeyeon was relieved that he didn't stutter saying those words to Tiffany. He thought it is now or mever. He doesn't want to lose the girl again.The girl on the other hand could feel her heart beating so fast. She wanted to cry knowing that Taeyeon would court her even after everything she had caused him. 

Taeyeon got worried by the girl's silence. He thought Tiffany didn't like what he said but then he saw a smile creep upon her face, it made him smile to because it was a good sign.

****

Jessica walked through the crowded mall. Although she hates it she has no choice. She wanted to buy Yuri another shirt just because she wants to. When she reached the store she quickly took the shirt she had her eyes on since last week. She doesn't want to waste time since Tiffany asked her to buy food. The Ice Princess hates the idea but it was the least she could do for Tiffany. 

Jessica went to the store where Yuri works. She stood near the counter looking for her boyfriend. Her face quickly lit up when she spotted her man coming from the kitchen. Yuri had the same reaction and quickly ran to his girlfriend. He decided not to hug the girl since he was soak in sweat and smells like kitchen. This caused the girl to frown.

"Baby I want to hug you but I don't smell good. You don't like bad-" He wasn't able to finish his sentence when Jessica moved forward and encircled her arms around his waist.

"I don't care what you smell, I'd hug you anytime." It made Yuri's heart melt even the customers around. He hugged her back. "Now I need to order. We're going at Taeyeon's house so finish your shift quick!"

Yuri could only chuckle at how his girlfriend could ruin the moment so fast.

****

"I caused you so many pain and you still want to court me?" Tiffany managed to held her tears. She didn't want to cry and ruin the moment.

Taeyeon nodded with a smile, "I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to make you fall for me. I want you to love me." Although the last sentence was almost a whisper it didn't escape Tiffany's ear. She smiled and a moment of silence came again. 

"I already--"

The moment was perfect but then two loud people suddenly barged in ruining it. Taeyeon  grunted and messed his hair in annoyance for he wasn't able to get what Tiffany was about to say. 

"Taeng! I missed you bro!" Yuri jumped on the couch and hugged Taeyeon like there's no tomorrow.

"Arms Yul!"

"Babe behave yourself." Yuri nodded and tamed his self once he heard Jessica. "It's nice to see you Taeng."

Taeyeon laughed at Yuri's reaction, "Whipped."

"Shut up."

The group soon started exchanging stories but most of it was Yuri's. Tiffany could only stare at Taeyeon and sometimes feed the guy. Jessica did not forget to embarrass Tiffany infront of Taeyeon saying how ugly she looked these past days.

After a few hours of talking Yuri and Jessica decided to go. Now only Tiffany was left again. They talked for a few minutes then Tiffany decided to go home though she doesn't really want to. She can't forget about the coming exams. Taeyeon insisted to walk her just until she reach the end of the street.

"I'm serious about what I said earlier Fany."

"I know," Tiffany smiled and hailed a cab. "I wish you could go back to school soon Taeng. I missed you and like I said earlier too, I already did." Tiffany gave Taeyeon a kiss on the cheek which made them both smile. 

Although Taeyeon didn't quite understood what Tiffany meant by her last sentence the kiss made him smile up to his ears.


An update! Is there anyone still reading this? I'm sorry for this late update. I failed. I got so englufed with other things I forgot that I have a story to get back to. I failed as an author. Anyway, sorry this isn't edited. Somehow I forgot the flow of the story. Do comment :) Thank you :)