25

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Taeyeon just finished his shift along with Yuri. They both bid their good byes and made their seperate ways. Taeyeon started walking away from the store not noticing Tiffany just across from it.

The girl pouted and jogged her way to Taeyeon's side. "Taeyeon-ah!" She shouted.

Taeyeon turned around, greeted by an eye-smiiling princess running to him. He smiled, "Fany-ah."

Tiffany ounched Taeyeon lightly. She pouted. "I was just across the store, you didn't see me?"

Taeyeon shook his head, "stop being a kid. What are you still doing here anyway?"

"I was waiting for you."

Taeyeon felt his heart stopped from beating. 'She's waiting for me.'

He smiled to his self, not knowing that he has been staring at the girl for too long.

"Uh, Tae?" Tiffany waved her hands in front of Taeyeon's eyes, effectively grabbing the boy's attention.

"Oh sorry. What did you say?"

Taeyeon clearly heard what Tiffany said, he just wanted the latter to repeat it.

"I said I was waiting for you."

Taeyeon slowly nodded his head and started walking again. "Why?"

"Oh nothing," Tiffany's eyes landed on her hands filled with bunch of paper bags hanging loosely on her fingers. She suddenly remembered the dukong she bought for Taeyeon. It was a new design so she decided to buy it for her bestfriend who loves the plushie so much. "Here." She said, stretching out her arms with the paper bag.

"What's this?"

"New designs of duking. I saw it and thought of buying it for you." Tiffany smiled as Taeyeon took it.

'She bought it for me?' Taeyeon smiled to his self again.

Usually Taeyeon would react like a kid when receiving a dukong. But today was different, Taeyeon just slowly took the bag. Not saying anything or jumping out of joy. The latter was as calm as the water in the lake.

'It's weird seeing Taeyeon this calm.' Tiffany thought.

"You do know that inside that bag is a dukong right?"

Taeyeon nodded his head and smiled, "Oh yeah. Thanks."

The two continued walking in silence, Tiffany somehow felt weird. 'Aigoo, Taeyeon-ah. I should've known better. I can't get rid of this weird feeling."

"Hey Tae,"

"Hm?"

"I know you well right?"

Taeyeon shifted his head to look at Tiffany. He smiled, "I'm sure you do." 'Actually, you completely don't Fany-ah.'

"I missed this."

"Huh?"

Tiffany smiled, "This. You. Me. Walking together. I suddenly thought that we haven't this in awhile, giving presents like we used to."

"You dated a jerk." Taeyeon mumbled hoping that the girl didn't hear it. Unfortunately, Tiffany was attentively listening to every sound that Taeyeon was making, from sighs and deep breaths, even the whistles. And this mumbled didn't escape her ears.

"She looked down, "I know. I'm stupid right."

"Taeyeon panucked, "What? Huh? That's not what I meant."

"Chill Taeng." She chuckled, "I know, I'm stupid for dating that jerk. I was just, hm how do I say this..." 'I was just trying to get rid of my feelings for you.'

Taeyeon was waiting for Tiffany to continue, but the girl was taking too long, "stupid. You were just stupid." Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yeah you could say that." She smiled, "Now I'm not stupid anymore."

"Because?"

"Because I broke up with him."

Taeyeon stopped walking, making Tiffany confused so she stopped as well, "Something wrong Taeng?"

Taeyeon shook his head before darting his eyes on Tiffany's, "But I thought you love him."

"I thought so too, but my love for a certain someone is stronger." Tiffany smiled warmly as if she was trying to tell it to Taeyeon indirectly.

Taeyeon on the other hand didn't get what the latter just said to him, the only thing that's clear is Siwon, finally out of the picture.

"What did you just say?"

"Nevermind. Let's go home."

 

Taeyeon walked Tiffany to the bus stop. He left once Tiffany got into the bus, waving his hand frantically as the bus sped off the bus stop. He smiled and started walking to his home.

 

*In the Bus*

Tiffany kept herself busy by playing on her phone. She was sitting next to the window, she felt sad once she got into the bus. She felt alone not having Taeyeon around her. She sighed.

"Noona?" A voice spoke from behind startled her. Almost dropping her phone by the sudden voice. She looked behind and saw Minwoo, the guy sat right beside her with a smile on his face. "It's really good to see you without the jackass."

Tiffany just gave Minwoo a small smile.

"I was just joking noona. I didn't mean to mock Siwon, like that."

Tiffany chuckled and pat the back of Minwoo, "It's alright. Mock him all you want. I think he deserve it."

Minwoo laughed as well, "You bet."

"Minwoo-ah,"

"Hm?"

"Does Taeyeon like someone?"

Minwoo looked at Tiffany, confused.

"Why'd you asked noona?"

Tiffany smiled and shook his head, "Nothing."

"Well, I'm actually not in place to tell this to you. But I'm sure hyung has only one girl in his heart since Middle school."

Tiffany's curiosity rose. She wanted to know who's the lucky girl so she can prepare herself for the worse. She shifted and faced Minwoo. "Who is it?" She asked, eager to know who it is.

"I can't tell you noona."

"Please Minwoo-ah," Tiffany begged shaking the younger boy by his shoulder. "Please, Please. I'll buy you new video games. C'mon."

Minwoo was hesitating, he glanced over the begging Tiffany and cursed himself for doing it. Tiffany was completely hard to resist, with her pouting lips and puppy eyes. He gulped and shook his head.

"C'mon, I'll buy a new album. I heard Justin Timberlake released his new album."

Minwoo can't say no to that. He's a huge fan of Justin Timberlake it will be months before he can get one. He glanced at the girl beside him again, and finally heaved out a sigh of defeat. Tiffany grinned feeling like a winner who just hit the jackpot.

"But noona, promise me you won't freak out, you won't hate hyung and most of all don't tell him you know okay?"

"Too many promises but okay," Tiffany nodded her head and clasped her hands together.

The younger boy closed his eyes and heaved out a deep breath. 'Oh god forgive me hyung, but Justin Timberlake.'

"It's you." He mumbled, enough for Tiffany to hear it.

Tiffany was left in daze, she slowly released her grip on Minwoo's shoulder. She's happy but other than that, she's shocked. Totally shocked.

The bus stopped, effectively pulling Tiffany out of her daze. Minwoo stood up but before he leave he looked over at Tiffany, "Noona don't tell hyung okay?"

Tiffany nodded still shocked.

"I gotta go now. See you tomorrow."

 

"Taeyeon likes me. My best friend like me too."

 


Update :)

Leave a comment :)

 

iloveyou guys :)))