36

Because You Might Grow Distant

Taeyeon paced back and forth in his room. It was 6 am and he doesn't have any idea why he woke up so early when he doesn't even have a class today. Apparently Taeyeon have been waking up a bit early since the day Yuri pushed him to just go for it instead of courting Tiffany for so long. Taeyeon even googled for different ways to confess and everything that came seemed to be not so good enough for him. Taeyeon decided to call Yuri even though he knows the guy is still sleeping. Lucky for him Yuri answered.

"Hello?" Yuri groggily greeted.

"I can't do it." There was a hint of panicking in Taeyeon's voice.

"Do what?"

"The confession. I don't think I can do it."

"You can do it. Don't pressure yourself."

"Did you confess to Jessica?"

"No. She did. And if you're gonna ask how, she kissed me on the lips and I kissed back. That's it."

"That is so sweet. You know that." Taeyeon said sarcastically. He can't just go and kiss Tiffany. "I'm hanging up."

"Okay."

Taeyeon continued walking back and forth in his room. Thinking. Until he grew tired and decided to jump on his bed. He moved around his bed, frustrated.

--

On the other hand, Tiffany sat beside Jessica who was busy on her phone. She suddenly felt envious when she saw a goodmorning text from Yuri, she wished Taeyeon would text her too. But she thought that the guy is still in his dreamland.

"Jess?"

"Yes?" Jessica responded with her eyes still glued on her phone.

"Nothing."

Jessica heard a tone of sadness in her friend's voice. She put down her phone and faced Tiffany.

"What's wrong?"

Tiffany sighed, "I miss Taeng."

Jessica's face drop but decided not to friend, "You were just with him yesterday."

"I know. But yesterday he kept on zoning out. Like your job."

Jessica backed up a little bit when Tiffany pulled a joke on her, "I'm trying to be nice by not teasing you with your Taeyeon problem. But seriously?" Jessica prentended to be offended but Tiffany just giggled. 

"Okay sorry. But seriously his actions bothered me."

"Don't worry about him. Whatever it is that he's thinking, I'm sure it's not something that would hurt you."

Tiffany smiled and leaned back to her sit.

--
The classes ended before Tiffany could realize it. They've been waiting for this and it would have been perfect if it didn't rain. Jessica and Tiffany waited in vain as they watch the rain drop continously. They both don't have an umbrella with them since none of them thought it would rain.

"Great. Just great." Jessica grunted as she wave her hand in frustration. "I'm blaming the weather forecaster for telling us that there would be no rain today!"

"Why don't you call your boyfriend to get us?"

"As much as I want to, I can't because he's working. Try Taeng."

Tiffany shook her head, "He's not answering. See, I told you I should worry about the way he's acting."

"Really now? Can't you worry about how we're going to get home with this heavy freaking rain?!"

--

Taeyeon just finished taking a bath. He heard his phone ring and he knew it was Tiffany because of the ringtone. He ignored it, he already knew why the girl is calling. He stared at himself in the mirror.

"This is it. Rain or shine I'm gonna confess."

Taeyeon nodded to himself. He can't think of any sweet way of confessing amd because of that he's going to follow what Yuri said, 'Just go for it.' Taeyeon went out and instead of using the umbrella he's holding, he just ran under the rain. He immediately got soak in the rain but he couldn't care less because the only thing on his mind right now is to get to Tiffany as soon as possible. He stopped on his tracks as he reach the main gate of their school. He looked around the students who looked surprised seeing him but there was no sign of Tiffany nor Jessica. Almost instantly the group of student moved aside revealing two familiar girls who looked frustrated like a kid who can't reach the cookie jar. He smiled.

Jessica felt the crowd moved in sync. She furrowed her eyes and noticed all the students were looking at the same direction. She follwed it and saw Taeyeon standing in the rain, smiling. Surprisingly she didn't screamed or something, instead she tug Tiffany's shirt and pointed at Taeyeon. The sulking girl gasped and immediately covered with both of her hands, she wanted to run towards the guy but she couldn't. It was like she was glued there.

"Hwang Miyoung." Taeyeon shouted. "Did you know that your eyes make the perfect pair of crescents when you smile? And did you know that your loud voice is actually music to my ears. My heart beats rapidly when you're near and it skips a beat when you hold me. My cheeks turns red when you compliment me and as much as I don't want to, it just comes out." The crowd awed. "I was planning to court you but Yuri told me why wait if I already waited for you since middle school. I think he's right. I've been head over heels for you since middle school and I don't know why I gave you to someone else. Now I just realized, maybe God is testing my feelings for you. Well I hope He had enough proof that my feelings for you is true and it will never fade away even if you hurt me a thousand times. Tiffany Hwang, will you please answer my prayers and be my girlfriend?"

Taeyeon breathed out heavily as he finished he's out-no-where confession. He smiled widely as he see Tiffany running towards him. He opened his arms wide and engulfed Tiffany in a hug. "I don't know what I did to deserve you Taeng. I'm sorry for making you wait and for hurting you a thousand times."

The crowd cheered loudly at them and the rain started disappearing.

"Can I kiss you?" Taeyeon asked like an innocent kid which made Tiffany smile.

Instead of answering the guy, Tiffany kissed Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was surprised but then he started kissing back. He smiled through their kiss as he finally knew what Tiffany's lips taste like. The kiss lasted for a minute or two, when they pulled out they smiled at each other and then laughed like idiots.

"What's your lipgloss? I wanna buy some." Taeyeon joked earning a punch from Tiffany.

"Hyung!" Minwoo screamed in happiness after the heart-melting/nauseating confession of his favorite hyung. "Finally! I'm really happy for you." Taeyeon smiled and gave Minwoo a high-five.

"Congrats Oppa! I knew you two deserve each other." Jiyeon appeared suddenly behind Minwoo and it didn't escape Taeyeon.

"Why are you two always together?"

Minwoo and Jiyeon smiled awkwardly.

Jessica smiled widely as she watch the new couple stare at each other lovingly. She dialed her boyfriend's number and left a voice mail.

"Seobang, it's a happily ever after." Jessica smiled and put her phone back to her pocket before approaching her friends. Just then Yuri appeared out of breath.

"I just got out of work. I'm really happy for you Taeng." Yuri smiled at his friend before walking over his girlfriend. "Got your voice mail. I really think it's a happily ever after." He whispered.

It was like a dream come true for all of them, especially for Taeyeon. Who knew he would finally get the girl of his dreams before their college life ends. He could now let his heart beat for Tiffany without worrying about anyone else. He smiled genuinely as he intertwine his fingers with Tiffany. They walked behind their friends, with wide smiles on their faces. The sun finally came out, bursting a ray of orange haze throughout the city which brought a new atmosphere for everyone. Finally all the odds are in their favor.


Here goes the fail confession. I don't know but I just can't- I'm just troubled by the post-trauma of everything. I don't know if I'm gonna mark this complete or what. Should I mark this complete? But I think I'll just leave this like this. I'm gonna drop a one-shot soon. It's very different from the other fictions I've written, it's simple but it's way beyond the lines. I think it would come out good. Wait for it :) So as always, leave a comment :) YOU, MY LOCKSMITH FRIEND, DON'T EVER LEAVE THE SHIP. Iloveyou guys :)