16

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Taeyeon stretched his arms as he heard the bell. He stood up packing his things and left. With a sad face he went to his locker and put his books back. "It's already 4pm and still no message and call." He muttered.

"She's supposed to call me. I told her to call me." He sulked at the thought of his girlfriend not giving him any message or even a call. He looked at the keychain hanging on his phone, he grabbed with his finger and caressed using his thumb. "Why aren't you sending a message Jiyeon-ah." He mumbled.

His eyes was glued on the small keychain still waiting for Jiyeon's text. Then all of a sudden he was wrapped on someone's arm. "What the! Yuri!" He shouted, hitting the latter's arm. 

"Easy, let's go to the mall." Yuri said.

"I can't."

"Oh c'mon." Yuri dragged Taeyeon along with him though the latter was totally struggling to break free.

 

 

In the end Taeyeon agreed to go in order to break from Yuri's arm. "What are we doing here anyway?" Taeyeon asked.

"I reall don't know. I'm bored and I also don't have a shift today so I want to do something."

"Then you dragged me along. Seriously we could've just move some of your things to your apartment than stroll around here."

"Let's do that tomorrow."

Taeyeon shook his head because of Yuri's laziness. Then his phone started ringing, he answered it knowing that it was Jiyeon. The girl who he has been waiting to call.

"Yah!" He whined.

"Ouch. Ears Taeng." Jiyeon said.

"Your fault. I've been waiting for your call. You're supposed to give me a call or a message 2 hours ago."

"Sorry I forgot." Jiyeon giggled.

"You forgot? How come you forgot?! I'm your boyfriend."

"Are you mad?"

"You bet I am. Do you know how much I'm missing you right now?"

"I'm sorry okay? I missed you too."

"Fine, where are you?"

"I'm still at my friend's house, finishing our project. Are you gonna pick me up?"

"Yeah. Just text me. Okay? Texy like TEXT me."

"Okay okay. Wait where are you?"

"I'm at the mall with Yuri."

"Oh. Okay, I'll see you in a few minutes. You're dead."

Taeyeon was about to react on what Jiyeon said, unfortunately the line was cut off. Jiyeon disconnected it.

"Who was that?" Yuri asked as he his ice cream.

"Where'd you get that?"

"Oh I bought it, you were so busy being lovey dovey on the phone. So yeah."

"Oh okay. It was Jiyeon."

"Knew it."

The two continued strolling until they got bored and decided to just sit on the nearby bench. "Ahh, my feet hurts." Yuri groaned as his face scrunched up.

Taeyeon who was also tired from walking and sometimes running, waited for his girlfriend's call. "Why isn't she calling me?" He muttered, flicking on his phone.

Few seconds later, his phone started ringing, he quickly answered it seeing his girlfriend's name.

"Jiyeon-ah!" He greeted loudly.

"Taeng." Jiyeon said softly.

"You done already? Where are you?"

"I'm at the Gwangju market now. I asked my friend to drop off here."

"I'll see you there. Wait for me." Taeyeon disconnected the call. He put it back to his pocket and looked at Yuri. "Hey dude, I gotta go." Without even waiting for Yuri's response.

He left the mall running to the nearest bus stop. Unfortunately there's no bus waiting for passengers, he sighed and proceeded anyway. He looked at the time schedule and saw that the next bus would arrive in 20 minutes. He sighed once again, feeling disappointed that Jiyeon would have to wait for him. He decided to text Jiyeon saying that he'll be late.

It was getting cold and boring. He started swining his feet vice versa.

"Taeng?" A soft voice entered his boring world.

Taeyeon slowly turned his head. "Fany." He said with a soft voice also.

Tiffany smiled as she heard her nickname come out from Taeyeon's lips. She sat next to Taeyeon, putting her bag beside her. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Gwangju market."

"What are you gonna do there?"

"I have to meet Jiyeon there. You?"

"Oh really. Me? I'm going to meet Siwon."

Taeyeon slowy nodded. All of sudden, this scene is slowly killing him. It's awkward and painful, just like the old days. His heart still beats fast like a jet, just how Tiffany do it everytime. He shifted his head to the side to peak over Tiffany's face.

'Still beautiful.'

"Fany.." Taeyeon spoke breaking the silence around the atmosphere. Tiffany looked at him. "I'm sorry." He said, lowering his head. "I'm sorry if it seem like I ruined our friendship. I'm sorry for accusing Siwon. I understand that he is your boyfriend. But Fany, I'm not taking back my words and I know I have no right to accuse him."

Just when Taeyeon finished apologizing, Tiffany had held his hand.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you'll still choose Siwon. I mean who am I." Taeyeon chuckled pathetically at himself.

"You're my bestfriend. That's who you are to me. I didn't make a choice Taeng. It's just that, I don't know who to believe." Tiffany lowered her head. "I don't want to lose one of you."

It's true she doesn't to lose one of them. She was hurt as well, seeing Taeyeon hurt is painful for her. Taeyeon has been her friend for a long time and landing a hand on his cheek is wrong. It hurt her, it broke her heart into pieces, seeing Taeyeon's eyes on that day with full of tears waiting to fall. But she's losing Taeyeon and she doesn't want that. Taeyeon is like her wall, a defense wall. A hero who saves her from all the bullies. But she's losing Taeyeon.

She's not really going to meet her boyfriend, for he excused himself again. The truth is, she's just going roam around Seoul. 

The bus came, snapping the both of them to reality. "Bus is here. Let's go."

Tiffany smiled taking Taeyeon's hand that he was offering. Taeyeon sat next to the window, while Tiffany was next to him. Tiffany leaned her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. Taeyeon secretly smiled, he can't deny it.

'Why do you always do this Tiffany. You hurted me so much but still here I am, giving in to your eyes and touches. I love you and I can't seem to get that feelings over.'

Minutes later, the bus stop. Knowing that he was already at the Gwangju market, Taeyeon slowly tapped Tiffany softly.

"Fany-ah." He whispered. Tiffany lifted her head, showing her innocent eyes. Taeyeon swear he could melt right now. "I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."

Tiffany nodded and made spaces for Taeyeon to get out.

 

On the other part.

Jiyeon patiently waited for Taeyeon at the bench. She turned her head and saw a bus stopping at the bus stop near the market. She saw Taeyeon through the window. Then she saw another figure sitting next to the guy. By the looks of it, she knew it was Tiffany. Somehow it hurt her, but what else she can do. Jiyeon knows that Taeyeon has feelings for Tiffany, though Taeyeon doesn't say it. From the way he looks at Tiffany from the very first day they met, she can see love and pain.

"Jiyeon-ah." Taeyeon's voice grabbed herself into reality again.

"Taeng." She smiled.

"Sorry I'm late again."

"That's okay."

The two started walking again. Hand in hand, Taeyeon started swinging it back and forth. Not knowing what  to say so he just played with their hands. Jiyeon was on her deep thoughts again.

'Am I doing the right thing?' Jiyeon asked herself.

"I forgot. Why didn't you text me? I told you to text me every 5 minutes. But I didn't get one." Taeyeon pouted.

Jiyeon chuckled. "Sorry I forgot. I was so into the project."

"Project. Project. Tch." Taeyeon pouted even more.

Jiyeon chuckled and then the both of them fell into silence again.

'Do I really love you or I just love you like a brother.' She asked herself.

 


Short Update. Been busy this days.

DKFC is finally over! Yeah \m/! I didn't get to watch it though, but the good thing is, I saw some EXO boys and heard My Beakhyun baby rehearsing. They were like so hawt!

 

I'll see you guys on my next update. :)))

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))