26

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Tiffany walked her way to the campus. Greeting elders along the way, her smile was up to her ears. She entered the campus and spotted the guy she was thinking about all night. She smiled even more and walked towards Taeyeon who was talking with Yuri and some other friends.

"Taeng!" she greeted with an eyesmile and a toothy grin.

Taeyeon looked at her weirdly. Taeyeon didn't know whether to call that look cute or creepy. "Uhh hey?" he answered awkwardly.

"You look good today."

One compliment and his world immediately stopped, leaving him staring at Tiffany with his mouth in agape. Once he got his senses back, his face quickly reddened, making him shy and everything.

Tiffany caught his blushing face but pretended she didn't see anything so she put up a simple smile but on the inside she was squealing like a monkey.

"Uhh thanks?"

"Yeah, anyway. I'll get going." She winked and left.

 

**

 

Moments later, Tiffany's class ended. She was on her way to her locker and was contemplating whether to see Taeyeon or not. Although it was pretty hard, she decided not to.

She left the campus and went to Minwoo's building. She was waiting for the younger boy to talk more about the secret. Finally, Minwoo was in sight with some friends she doesn't know. Tiffany waved her hands like a mom hoping her son would see her. It was effective, Minwoo came running to her with two friends behind him.

"What are you doing here noona?"

"We need to talk, you can bring your friends with you" Minwoo took a second to glance over Sehun and Luhan and when he was about to answer, Tiffany started dragging him away from the school.

 

**

 

They all sat in a table near the glass with the twins getting awkward and starstruck at the same time, by Tiffany.

"Noona," Luhan spoke, "can we order now? I'm pretty hungry." He whined.Earning a giggle from the older girl.

They oredered and once the waiter left, Tiffany bombarded Minwoo with questions, "So since when Taeyeon felt that way? Why didn't he confess. How'd you know he likes me?"

Minwoo groaned, "noona, one question at a time."

"Alright, answer the first one."

"Like I said last night. It was since middle school."

Tiffany nodded. "Continue."

"He didn't confess because Siwon beat him to it. I mean he was about to but Siwon came. And we're like brothers that's why I know."

"Tell me more."

"What else do you want to know?"

"Everything I have to know."

Minwoo sighed and started talking. He told Tiffany everything, from Taeyeon's heartache up to his little skip beat. Most of it was heartache since there wasn't much of the fluffy part.

While Minwoo talks. Tiffany was frowning and hurting. Her heart clenched as Minwoo tells her every pain she had caused Taeyeon. A tear dropped from her eye but quickly wiped it away. The twins was just listening to them. They were clueless about the matter, but they felt heartbroken with the story.

The food arrive and Luhan straightened himself. "The food!" He exclaimed.

Leaving Tiffany and Minwoo's conversation in halt. They all chuckled and started eating. But Tiffany wanted Minwoo to talk more.

"So all this time I've been hurting him,"

Minwoo nodded only as he was still chewing some meat, "All this time you were breaking him into pieces. To be true, I hated at times when I see hyung crying. It really , doesn't suit him. Hyung is such a nice guy."

"I'm sorry," Tiffany muttered.

"Don't say that to me noona. I don't know why you're asking about all of this but if you don't even care about a thing in everything that I just said. Stop hurting him. That's the least you could do, because I'm pretty sure hyung won't stay away from you."

Tiffany was hurt but she can't blame the younger guy. Taeyeon went through a lot. She felt seriousness in each word that Minwoo dropped. She smiled to herself knowing that they comforted Taeyeon throught those times.

They continued eating, Tiffany lend some minutes to know more about the twins. Causing her to laugh non-stop at the bickering of the twins with Minwoo joining them.

"Now you know what hyung feels. What are you going to do noona?" Sehun asked.

Tiffany smiled at him, "That's for you to know, but you'll find out soon."

Luhan gave Tiffany a thumbs up followed by Sehun.

 

***

 

After their meal, Tiffany left the three boys. She bid her goodbyes to them.

She grabbed her phone and started calling Taeyeon.

"Hello?"

 

"Tae!" She shouted causing Taeyeon to flinch on the other side.

 

"Ouch! Ears Fany-ah."

 

"Sorry, anyway can you come with me tomorrow?"

 

"But we have school."

 

"Let's skip together."

 

"But—"

 

"I'll see you tomorrow Taeng. Bye!"

 

**

 

"Who's that?" Yuri asked, they were walking down the street after their tiring shift. Thinking that it would reduce the stress.

"Tiffany."

"Oh."

"Oh look, it's Jessica," Taeyeon pointed out on a store not far from them, just merely few meters away.

Yuri shot up to see if it is Jessica and the latter was right. It is Jessica.

"Aren't you going to greet her?"

Yuri shook his head, "Why would I?"

"Err, because it's Jessica Jung." Taeyeon turned to look at Yuri who was not in the mood to give a .

"Pfft. No thanks."

 

Meanwhile, Jessica was on the mood to walk around the street of Seoul since she was getting bored in her house. As she walk, she spotted two familiar figures. She stopped and was hoping to get noticed by Yuri. She frowned when the two just continued talking. She isn't the type of a girl who would call out a guy. Especially her character, but she shook it when she remembered the fact that she can be normal around Yuri.

"Yuri-ah!" She called out.

 

"Oh look she called for you. And she's going right–"

Yuri was busy checking things out, his back was facing Taeyeon. He spun around when Taeyeon stopped talking, "She what–"

Just like Taeyeon, it was too late for him to finish his sentence when Jessica suddenly pulled him out.

 

"Yah! Taeng! Aren't you going to do something!"

"Uh, I'll see you........ tomorrow?"

"You piece of ! Do something! I'm being dragged by a witch!"

"Shut up Kwon Yuri," Jessica said.

"Sorry I can't! See you around." With that Taeyeon waved off and started walking away.

Yuri continued protesting, "Yah! Taeng!" Taeyeon just laughed at him until he was finally out of sight, "Where are you taking me?"

"Just shut up!"

"What! Yah! I'm being dragged by a stranger and you're asking me to shut up! Would you shut up if someone will just drag you!" Yuri continued removing Jessica's hand away from his. The latter roughly let go of it and faced Yuri with an angry face.

"Stranger?" She asked, "I'm a stranger to you?"

Yuri scoffed, "I just feel like it."

"Yah! Did you forget my name again?"

"Pfft. No. Why did you drag me anyway?"

Jessica stood straight and looked right into Yuri's eyes, "It's because I want to tell you–" before she could finish her own sentence. She threw herself to Yuri, tiptoing a bit to capture Yuri's soft lips. She placed her hands on Yuri's neck to deepen the kiss.

It took second before Yuri could response though shock he managed to close his eyes and savior the soft lips that were dancing with his.

Jessica broke the kiss but her hands remained on its position. She smiled, "I was going to tell you that I like you but my lips cut me," but then she frowned, "Too bad you're not ready for commitment." Slowly her hands was making its way to her side, she turned around and started to walk away.

Almost instantly, Yuri caught her by her wrist. Yuri grinned, turning Jessica around to face him, "Guess what, I'm ready for a commitment." He slowly closed the gap between their lips and started moving in sync.

 

***

 

Taeyeon just got home and went straight to his room. He was lying on his back, doing nothing but staring at the ceiling. Minutes later his phone started ringing.

"Fany-ah,"

"Taeng please come with me. Please please."

"Alright alright. You don't need to use that whiny voice of yours."

"Yey! I'll see you then."

"You know it's pretty annoying when you're voice gets loud. Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see! And I'm not loud! Good night Taetae."

 

-Call disconnected-

 

Taeyeon stared at his phone and smiled, "That girl. She didn't even tell me where we are going. She didn't even let me to atleast say, 'good night Miyoungie.'" Taeyeon chuckled and put his phone back on the bedside table.

"Son! You're talking to yourself again! Snap out of it before I take you to the Mental Hospital."

He heard his mom said from outside. He chuckled, "Whatever mom."

 

***

 

Tiffany's smile was up to her ears turning her eyes into crescents again.

"I'm gonna take things slow Taeng, I'll try to make it up to those times I caused you pain." She nodded to her own idea and hugged her phone since she was using the picture she took when they were in sokcho. The picture that Taeyeon and Minwoo shared.

 

Soon she fell into a deep slumber with a smile.

 


9 days. Sorry it took me 9 days to update. I'm not feeling well since we visited my dad's grave. I just realized how much I missed my dad.

Leave a comment guys. :)

iloveyou guys :))