31

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


A week later, Taeyeon was finally discharged. He was happy but Tiffany was happier, hearing the news. First thing in the morning, she went to Taeyeon's house making sure that Taeyeon won't go alone to school.

 

Taeyeon still had a cast on his arm, since the doctor told him it would take a few more weeks before they remove it. He hates it but since Tiffany is there to help him, he didn't mind anymore.

Tiffany bid her goodbye to Taeyeon once she had reach her room but not without telling the latter to wait for her at the canteen and be careful whenever he moves so he won't hurt his arm. She also told Taeyeon to call her if he needs assistance or if someone purposely taps him on the arm. Taeyeon felt rather shy while Tiffany was telling him those because Tiffany's classmates were giving him a sheepish smile as they pass by.

He shiged and opened his locker carefully. Once he got all the things he needed, he closed it. Revealing a guy leaning against the locker next to his. He didn't need to look for he knows who the guy is.

"I heard you got hospitalized," Siwon said.

"Yeah,"

"It was me," Siwon smirked as he faces Taeyeon who wasn't facing him back. But he knows he has Taeyeon's attention as he saw how stiif Taeyeon became.

Taeyeon wasn't shock, he knows it was Siwon, and now he's blood is boiling. They were friends, how could he do this to a friend? "Why are you telling me?"

"Just to let you know that I'm not a coward like you. And I'm pretty sure you recognized my voice."

Taeyeon finally turned an face Siwon with a smile, " Well then I want you to know that I'm thanking you. Because Tiffany took care of me. And I'm not gonna lose her to you. Not again and not this time." Taeyeom smiled and was about to walk away when Siwon grabbed his collar and pushed him roughly against the locker.

The thud roared all over the silent hallway, shocking some students who were just standing and walking pass them. Siwon didn't care, he was too pissed off to notice, definitely stating he's not on his right mind. His eyes ere like stabbing knives at Taeyeon. "It looks like you didn't learn anything from our previous lesson," he grumbled.

"Why? Gonna teach me the next lesson?"

Siwon didn't bother to answer and just punched Taeyeon on the jaw as a reply. The students dasped, they wanted to stop the fight but they were too scared of Siwon to interfere. Siwon gave another punch to Taeyeon making sure that it would make Taeyeon bleed. Siwon went far with the punches he gave but he continued though in front of him wasTaeyeon spitting blood out of his mouth.

"She's mine Taeng!" He shouted.

"Not anymore! You had your chance but you wasted it!" Taeyeon groaned, feeling his arm break as he lands on the ground. He then saw Siwon bending down to grab his collar again, he let him do it because he was in too much pain to fight back and defend himself. Curse the cast on his broken arm,"I like her! Even before you started liking her!" Taeyeon shouted, surprisingly it made Siwon stopped. The guy was shocked, he feels Taeyeon has this kind of feelings toward his ex-girlfriend but didn't believe, thinking that it's just something bestfriends does. "I was a coward and didn't do anything about it because the feelings weren't mutual! And I'll just lose her. And when I was ready to risk everything, you stepped in - telling me you like her - so even though it hurts freaking bad, I stepped aside and helped you to confess," Taeyeon paused as he spit another batch of blood, "You said you'll take care of her! What happened Siwon?! What happened!?"

Siwon's hands started to loosen from the grip. He stared at  Taeyeon, shocked of  what he had heard. He snapped his head and stared at Taeyeon again and then to his hands, "What have I done?" he whispered, staring at his hands that was stained with blood.

"What's going on here?!" A professor finally showed up, attempting to break into the crowd.

"Taeyeon!" A familiar voice shouted, Tiffany successfully shoved people out of her way to Taeyeon. She crouched down and shoved Siwon away who was in front of Taeyeon's lying figure, kneeling. Siwon was too blown away to react, so he just moved, stood up and left.

The students who was around, finally moved and helped Tiffany. They carried Taeyeon to the clinic and Tiffany just followed with her eyes brmming with tears.

***

Taeyeon immediately woke up when he felt the ice pack on his bruise. He groaned and sat up. He stole the ice from Tiffany and slowly damp it on his bruise. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon, not happy on what she was seeing. "Why didn't you tell me it was Siwon?"

Taeyeon lifted his head and looked at Tiffany, "It wasn't really important."

"Not important? Taeng he hurted you? And you're telling me it wasn't important!"

Taeyeon kept quiet totally ignoring the fuming Tiffany in front of him.

"Answer me!"

"It was Siwon! So what!? It happened already so it's not a big deal anymore." He shouted back.

"Look at yourself in the mirror and tell me it's not a big deal! Why didn't you tell me!"

Taeyeon had enough of Tiffany shouting at him, he can feel his ears detaching from his head. He sighed heavily, "Fine, I didn't tell you because you wouldn't believe me. The last thing I told you something that involves Siwon, you didn't believe me. And that hurts. So why bother!?" Taeyeon didn't plan on loashing it out on Tiffany but it was too much for him to take.

"And you know I was wrong. You still should've told me."

"I didn't want tp take the risk of being hurt again. You know what, just go. Siwon isn't here so go and fin the guy you really love," Taeyeon said, his face was clearly showing how bitter he is. He wasn't even flinching with the ice pack on his bruise anymore. His eyes darted on the wall, he was waiting for Tiffany to leave but the girl wasn't moving at all, "I said go Tiffany. I can take care of myself!"

Tiffany doesn't know what to say or how to react. It didn't cross her mund that Taeyeon would think that way. She flinched when Taeyeon shouted again. The guys was practically pushing her away. She knows Taeyeon didn't mean it, he was probably carried away by his anger causing him to lash out on her. She stood up abruptly and left the room.

Taeyeon slumped back and sighed as he close his eyes, "You didn't have  to shout at her Taeng," He whispered.

***

Siwon grunted and leaned against the wall. He was in the fire exit, punching the wall to let the anger. He was mad, at himself. Realizing everything he did was wrong. He was good guy and things just happened. Out of love, maybe. But he had gone too far, hurting his friends because of someone he doesn't deserve from the very beginning.

He groaned and punched the wall again. He looked at his hands, he needs to go to the clinic like seriously. He sighed one last time and went out to the hallway.

Not far from him was Tiffany. He hesistated whether to talk or not, but eventually he did.

"Tiffany.."

Tiffany shivered. She wasn't on the for talking, especially to him. Her blood started boiling and if Siwon does something wrong, he might end up on the hospital.

"How's Taeyeon?"

Tiffany scoffed, "You're seriously asking how Taeyeon is?" Tiffany shot the guy a glare, Siwon could only hung his head low. It was terrifying, "He's hurt! Badly! Physically and emotionally!"

"I'm sorry,"

"You're a monster," Tiffany turned around and started walking away, but she was put in halt when Siwon held her wrist. "Don't touch me!" She shouted and roughly removed Siwon's hand.

"Tiffany look, I'm sorry. I was wrong defintely wrong. I don't know why I hurted Taeng. I'm sorry. Sorry for hurting both of you. I've gone too far," Siwon sighed, "I'm not gonna try to have you back because I know I don't stand a chance anymore. I'm sorry, I really am."

 

***

 

After some minutes, Taeyeon decided to head out of the clinic. He walked down the hallways, touching his bruise once in a while just because he liked the little sting of pain he was feeling whenever he does. It's funny, he thinks.

He was looking for Tiffany to say sorry about what happened and go out for lunch with her. He smiled at the thought, he turned to the corner and everything in his world stopped. His smile disappeared, he turned grimaced.

Well this isn't new. He clenched his fist as he stood their, watching, like what he usually does.

He can clearly see Tiffany smiling like a high school girl being asked out by the jock. It was unpleasant for him and then the worst thing happened. They hugged.

Why am I standing here? He wanted to move away and just shrug everything off but he was glued on the ground. This wasn't the first time, he could just simply turn around and pretend nothing happened. But he can't move. Am I in ? I'm too young for .

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany shouted.

Taeyeon finally had the chance to leave unfortunately it was too late. I knew it, this happens in movies.

He still tried to walk away, but Tiffany held him, tighter, "Wait," she says.

Taeyeon softly removed Tiffany's hand, "I was just passing by. You guys should continue. I'll go ahead."

Taeyeon managed to disappear to somewhere. Tiffany on the other hand didn't know why she let the guy go. She turned around asking Siwon where Taeyeon went.

"You know him. Rooftop."

Tiffany nodded and ran after Taeyeon.

***

Yuri softly removed Jessica's hands away from his arm.

"Babe what's wrong?" Jessica asked, but Yuri ignored her.

Yuri continued walking up to Siwon who had just finished getting scolded by the dean and getting a 1 week suspension. He was fine with it since he deserve it. Unknown to him, a raging guy was approaching him. It just came to his senses when he felt a hard punch right on his jaw. He stumbled back and held his aching jaw,

"What the–"

"That's for Taeng! And this is for hurting Taeyeon and Tiffany!" Yuri made sure that the second punch would send Siwon to the ground, it did. He smirked but his blood was boiling, he wasn't planning to end it that easy. He wanted the guy to feel what Taeyeon felt. He lifted his fist up high and was about to punch Siwon, but a pair of arms s around his waist. He stopped, immediately.

"Yuri stop."

Jessica's voice quickly calmed his temper. He was breathing heavily but it became soft when he felt Jessica's hug tightened.

"Siwon go now," He heard Jessica say. He wanted to react and go chase after Siwon who left after bowing and saying sorry. But Jessica's hug was aso tight in a loving way that his anger immediately subsided.

"Sica...."

Jessica cupped Yuri's face, forcing the guy to look at her.

"Yul.."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't do that again. You might hurt yourself, I don't want that."

Yuri nodded and Jessica gave the guy a kiss to make him smile.

 

***

 

Taeyeon leaned forward against the railings. He sighed, he closed his eyes and inhaled a huge amount of air and exhaled deeply. "Oh my god my arm," He whined, scanning his cemented arm. "Siwon must be really pissed."

His silent musing was then stopped when Tiffany stood next to her.

Tiffany wanted to talk to Taeyeon because she doesn't want the guy to misunderstood things again.

"Taeyeon..." she spoke, taking a couple of deep breaths before continuing, "Siwon told me everything."

Taeyeon scoffed inwardly. Great now she knows. I just hope he escaped the coward part.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"..."

"Taeng.."

"..."

"Taeng! Speak up!"

"What do you want me to say? Siwon told you everything right?"

"Because I want to hear it from you."

Taeyeon sighed, "Fune, want to hear it from me? I like you and I was such a coward to confess so eventually Siwon got you. There happy?"

"Then why didn't you tell me before Siwon did? Why do I have to hear it from the others?"

"Because I was afraid to tell you. Afraid of rejection because you don't feel the same way."

Tiffany walked closer to Taeyeon but Taeyeon too a step back. A tear fell from Tiffany's cheek so Taeyeon did his best to look somewhere else.

"Honestly, I know you're too good for me. It's been awhile since I started liking you. Whenever I see you my heart beats rapidly but it was actually trembling. I wanted to tell you. But I can't, I can't even form a single word whenever I try. I was afraid, so afraid that I just let you slip away and I just stayed glued on being a bestfriend. I told myself that it was better than getting rejected and losing you. So I didn't tell you."

"Taeng–"

"And then Siwon confessed, I forced myself to be happy. Thinking that he would do better than me. And I also thought you like the love he was giving you, you seemed happy."

"But Taeng you should've take the risk."

Taeyeon scoffed after hearing what Tiffany said. He suddenly felt he was right for not confessing. Because Tiffany sounded he would be rejected if he did. "And then you'll reject me. Everything won't be normal. We'll get awkward. You'll avoid me, as if I'm just a stranger passing by. Out friendship will sink. And most of all, you'll grow distant." Taeyeon turned around, ready to leave the place. But Tiffany held his wrist. That tingling feeling her palm was sending is definitely massice and over powering. He felt weak.

"Taeng–"

"Fany," Taeyeon softly pried Tiffany's hand away. "You know, right now. It feels like I made a right choice of being a coward. Because you're making me feel like I got rejected. Getting beat up by Siwon was better than seeing you hugging him. So eventually, in the end. I'm still the loser."

Taeyeon closed his eyes, turned around and left the place where he poured his heart out.

 


Okay I'm sorry for not updating fast. School will start tomorrow and I'm not happy about it. :(((

But enjoy this update of mine :))) Because this would end soon :)))

 

Leave a comment :))) love you guy :)))

 

Sorry if there are typos and grammatical errors :)))

 Peave V