34

Because You Might Grow Distant

It has been a week since Taeng and Tiffany started talking again. The two had a hard time ignoring what happened but they both decided to put it in the past. Taeng was the first one to convince Tiffany that it should be put there. The girl had no choice but to oblige. Both have been extra close since then. 

"Mom please I wanna go back to school. I'm fine now." Taeyeon begged his mom who was busy slicing vegetables. He sighed when his mom ignored him again. "Mom I'm missing out a lot in school isn't 2 months a bit exaggerated. I mean I just got my arm broken twice but I'm still walking and talking. I think two weeks is more than enough for a rest." Taeyeon cried out. Finally his mom brought the knife down and exhaled out loud.

"Fine. You can go back to school if you tell me the truth, what do you really miss in school? Or should I say who?" His mom said in a teasing tone.

"My classmates of course." Taeyeon's mom raised an eyebrow as she was not satisfied with her son's answer. Taeyeon sighed, "Fine. I miss Tiffany. There happy now?" Mrs. Kim laughed seeing how her son blushed.

"Invite her to dinner."

"What? Now?" Mrs. Kim nodded. "Are you serious mom?!"

"Yes. Why?"

"She can't come here mom."

"Since when? Wait are you two fighting again?"

"No. We're good. It's just that you know uhm I'm kind of uhm.." Taeyeon felt shy about him courting Tiffany. He thinks his mom would find more ways to .

"Kind of uhm what son?"

"It's.. It's.. Nevermind she can't come. She's busy studying." Taeyeon was about to head to his room but then stopped. "See mom she's busy studying because she's attending classes. While me, I'm stuck here doing nothing." Taeyeon ran back to his room.

"Explore son! We have internet connection!" Mrs. Kim laughed again. She reached for her phone and called the girl. "Hi Miyoungie would you like to come and have dinner with us? I'll be expecting you. Hurry now bye."

--

Tiffany rolled over her bed. She was bored since Taeng wasn't replying. Exams week is over and now she has nothing to do. She opened the browser but was interrupted when Mrs. Kim's name flashed on her screen.

"Umma?" Tiffany wasn't able to say anything since Mrs. Kim quickly ended the phone call. She shrugged and went to bathroom. Once she was down she quickly head out. Tiffany was smiling widely she would be lying if she says she's not excited to go to Taeyeon's house. She flagged down a cab and said the directions.

The doorbell rang and Mrs. Kim was too busy to even get the door. She called Taeyeon but the guy did not answer. "Kim Taeyeon! Get the freaking door or else I'm gonna cook your precious peas!"

"I'm coming. I'm coming! Geez why so violent mom." Taeyeon headed for the door, "Who is it?" He asked but instead a ring from the bell answered. "I asked and this idiot answered with a ring. Do I look like I speak door bell." Taeyeon whispered and opened. Taeyeon's eyes opened wide seeing Tiffany at their door step. 

"Hi." Tiffany smiled lovely.

Taeyeon wasn't able to react.

"Hey Miyoung you're fast. Take a sit I'm almost done." 

Tiffany chuckled seeing Taeyeon glued on his place.

"I bought cake."

"That's so nice of you. Now go on take sit in the living room and let me finish my work."

Before Tiffany could sit Taeyeon grabbed her by the arm. Taeyeon dragged Tiffany to his room though it wasn't really a good idea.

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon said almost whispering. Tiffany ignored the guy and scanned Taeyeon's room. She smiled when she saw the Dookong she bought for him. She sat on Taeyeon's bed and played with little Dookong.

"Hi dookongie. It's so nice to see you here." Taeyeon had to smile at the sight but soon changed back to his serious face. 

"Yah put dookong down! I'm asking you what are you doing here?"

"Umma called, told me to come for dinner." Tiffany shrugged and continued playing with dookong. Taeyeon snatched dookong away and placed at the other side of the bed. "What's wrong? I can't come here anymore?" Tiffany asked playfully.

"No. It's just..."

"Just what Taeng?"

"Just uhmm.."

"Just uhmm what Taetae?"

Taeyeon ruffled his hair and groaned. "Youcan'tcomeherebecauseI'mcourtingyou!" Taeyeon said as fast as he could.

"I'm sorry I didn't get that you were being Eminem all over me."

"I-"

"Dinner is ready!"

"You heard her." Tiffany stuck her tongue out. "Coming umma." Tiffany ran down leaving Taeyeon frustrated.

The three enjoyed a great dinner. Tiffany was being her true self, talkative. While Mrs. Kim enjoyed the jolliness of the girl. Taeyeon on the other hand tried his best to stop the girl from her non-stop talking.

"By the way Taeyeon will be going back to school." Mrs. Kim said as she savor the cake Tiffany bought. "I'm worried he might break his arm again. For the third time." Mrs. Kim made sure that she put emphasize on the word 'third' for Taeyeon to hear.

"He's going back to school?" Tiffany turned her head on her left. "Why didn't you tell me that?"

"I just conviced her today. I was about to tell you but internet connection made me forget." 

Tiffany frowned but Taeyeon just stuck his tongue out as a revenge. 

"He'll go back on monday."


As much as Tiffany wanted to stay, she can't again. Jessica and her will be going somewhere tomorrow since it's Saturday. Taeyeon again insisted to walk her.

"Stop throwing me out of your house. I hate it." Tiffany pouted.

"I'm not. It's just my mom is teasing me a lot lately. Also, I'm courting you right? It's very informal to invite you to my house right away."

Taeng why are you being so cute right now. Tiffany said to herself.

"How about we go out? But not tomorrow Sica and I have plans."

"Where are you going tomorrow? Is Yuri going?"

"No. It's a girl thing so it's a secret."

"Tell me."

"I said it's a girl thing Taeng. Cab is here."

"Call me when you get home." 

Tiffany nodded before bidding goodbye.

--

Jessica and Tiffany walked through the busy street of Cheongdam-dong. Both hands were full of paperbags.

"So how are you and Taeng?" 

"We're good. I mean it's different now I don't see him just a bestfriend anymore. You know what I mean?"

Jessica nodded, "He's your suitor now. Bestfriend turned boyfriend. Not a bad idea Tiff." 

Tiffany had to nudge the blond just to stop her from laughing.

"How about you and Yuri?"

"We're good too. I'm glad he didn't whine to me last night because he's not allowed to tag along. He usually whine like a kid."

"Maybe he has something to do." 

Jessica shrugged. "He did say he has something important to do. I'm hungry. Let's eat?"

They soon started looking for a great place to eat. Jessica was being picky like every store they passed by isn't good. After a few more stores something finally caught her eyes, "Let's eat there!"

Jessica started dragging Tiffany across the street. She's hungry after all. Hunger can do wonders. Tiffany was the first one to enter when Jessica decided to stop to check her phone. Tiffany scanned the whole place, there were only a handful of customers. When her eyes landed at the corner, she prayed to God that she was not seeing Yuri but a guy who just look like her friend but even when she rub her eyes it just doesn't change anything. She quickly turn around to tell Jessica that she doesn't like the store or something but the girl was already in front of her.

"Jess! How about we go to a different store?"

"Why? I like the ambiance here."

Tiffany failed to drag her friend. She looked at Jessica who didn't budge even though she tried dragging her. She saw her looking at the same exact corner she was looking at just a few seconds ago. She knew Jessica was starting to get furious, she can see by her glare.

"Maybe it's just a friend or a relative." 

Jessica took Tiffany's hand off of her. She walked towards the table where Yuri and the girl is seated.

"So this is the important thing you have to do?!" 

Yuri was shocked to see his girlfriend. Before he could react the girl stood up. 

"Who are you?!" The girl asked with the same tone as Jessica.

"Shut up."

"Baby let me ex-"

"Explain what?! Don't ever talk to me again."

Jessica didn't wait for Yuri's reply instead she walked out of the store mad and furious.

Tiffany bowed apologetically. She wants to be mad too but she can't since she doesn't know what the girl is to Yuri. Yuri wanted to go and follow the love of his life but Tiffany stopped him, "Take care of this matter first. You know she won't talk to you. Let her cool down."

Yuri nodded and thanked Tiffany.

"And Yuri this isn't what we think it is right?"

"No."

--

(Before the scene at the store.)

Yuri drove his way to the airport to pick up someone. He was excited seeing her again. Yuri smiled as he spot the girl he was looking for.

"Yoona-ah did you wait too long?" Yuri asked as he reach for the girl's luggage.

"Yes you're late oppa. So you better treat me lunch."

"Aye you brat." Yuri ruffled the girl's hair, she frowned in return.

"If you don't treat me lunch I'm gonna tell uncle." 

"I will treat you lunch cous."

(At the store)

"So oppa where is your girlfriend?" Yoona asked while taking a lot of rice to .

"Slow down geez. She has plans with her friend today so you won't be able to meet her."

"So what kind of a girl is she? Is she sweet?"

"Well she's sweet sometimes. But she's stubborn like you and also a brat. But it's the little things that I love about her." Yuri smiled as the thought of his girlfriend came to his mind.

"Don't just smile there. Continue."

"Well I kinda love her temper, her glare and how fast she could ruin a sweet moment. How she hugs me and how warm she is even though she's called the Ice Princess."

Yoona smiled seeing her cousin this happy and inlove. It never crossed her mind that Yuri would actually go for commitment. Since Yuri is quite popular around girls he only tends for flings not for commitment.

"I'm excited to me-" Yoona was cut of when Jessica came with anger visible on her face.

Everything went fast. It didn't take a scientist for Yoona to guess who the furious girl is. She looked at her cousin who could only stare at the disappearing figures.

"Well she really has a temper. But she's pretty." Yoona said trying to cheer up her cousin. "Cheer up cous. Atleast she didn't say you two are over."

Yuri smiled but inside he's really worried. That was the first time he saw Jessica like that.

--

On the other part of the city, Taeyeon just finished taking a bath. He was excited to see his phone ringing with Tiffany's name on the screen. He waited for a few seconds to calm himself.

"Hey what's up?"

"Taeng! Are you busy? Can you help me?"

Taeyeon panicked thinking that the girl might be in trouble. He quickly put his clothes on.

"What happened? Where are you?"

"At the mall."

Taeyeon face-palmed himself.

"You're not in trouble, are you?"

"No. I mean I'm looking for Jessica I can't find her."

"Why? What happe-"

"Will you just get here Kim Taeyeon?!"

"Okay okay."

It took Taeyeon 30 minutes to get to the mall. Once he got there he quickly looked for Tiffany.

"Hey what now?" Taeyeon asked as he catch up to his breath.

"She's not answering."

"What happened?"

Tiffany told him everything she saw. Taeyeon couldn't believe it, he knows Yuri is not that kind of a guy.

"Why are we at the mall?"

"I don't know where to start." Tiffany said shyly.

"Let's go. She's not here."

"What makes you think?"

"Just instincts."

Taeyeon and Tiffany started looking out in the streets. They scanned every store they passed by but there was no Jessica in sight. Taeyeon was getting frustrated.

"I'm calling Yuri." 

"What? Why?"

"What do you mean why? He should be looking for Jessica too."

--

Yuri drove Yoona back to their house.

"Thanks for this beautiful-turned-disaster day." 

Yuri could only give a small smile and started driving away. He shifted his to his left when his phone lit up.

"Taeng? What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"On my way home. You?"

"I don't know this place but I'm with Fany."

"You are? How's Jessica?"

"How's Jessica? She isn't here, apparently she's gone missing and we couldn't find her."

"What?!" Yuri dropped his phone on the passenger seat. He took an abrupt U-turn causing an almost crash. He could hear Taeyeon shouting on the other line but he could not care less. "Taeng I'll call you later."

"Yah you better drive safe!" Yuri disconnected the call and dialed Jessica's number right away. It went straight to Jessica's voice and he groans everytime his calls go there.

"You spoiled little brat!"

Yuri was starting to go crazy. He doesn't know where to start looking for Jessica. This was their first serious fight. "Where the heck are you!?" He shouted to himself again. Just then he saw a very familiar blonde walking on the side of the bridge. Yuri quickly stopped his car and left it on the side. He jumped over the metal and ran to catch the girl.

"Yah Jung Sooyeon!" He was out of breath but managed to shout.

Jessica on the other hand halted. She recognized the voice pretty well.

"What? You're not gonna face me? Do you know how worried I am right now?!"

Jessica didn't answer instead she started walking away again.

"Jung! Take another step and-"

Since she's stubborn she indeed took another step. Yuri couldn't take it anymore and ran up to Jessica to hug her from behind. The girl struggled to break away but the hug was too tight.

"Can't you just hear me out? I love you okay. I would never ever cheat on you. You're my first serious relationship. You're the first one I got committed to and I'm not looking forward for the second, third or whatever. Sica that girl earlier is my cousin." 

Jessica stopped struggling when she realized how stupid she is. She mentally knocked on her head.

Yuri's hug started to loosen when he felt Jessica calming down. He slowly turned the girl to face him. He stared at Jessica's face and realized her eyes are swollen.

"Did you cry?"

Jessica looked away.

"Aye. You stupid little brat. You really think I was cheating on you?" Yuri softly flicked Jessica's head. "You should know better Sica."

"I got furious okay?" Finally the girl spoke. "I didn't know she is your cousin so I thought you were cheating. And I got jealous." Jessica mumbled the last few words but Yuri heard it anyway.

Yuri decided not to reply. He chose to hug the girl again. Jessica hugged him back, encircling her hands around his waist. They stayed like that for a few minutes without talking. It was peaceful that way.

"From now on, no more walking away. If this happens again we should listen to each other. Okay?"

Jessica nodded. She loved how sincere Yuri's words are. She even love him more when he said that she was his first ever serious relationship.

--

On the other hand, Taeyeon and Tiffany are still looking for Jessica. They both don't know that the girl is already safe with her boyfriend.

"Can we sit first Taeng? I'm tired already and these heels aren't helping."

Taeyeon followed Tiffany who already found an empty bench. He felt pity for the girl although a part of him blames her for wearing heels. He doesn't get the idea.

"You okay? I mean I know it hurts but can you still walk?" Taeyeon took a sit beside Tiffany who was busy massaging her feet.

"Oh no. I got blisters."

"That's tragic." Taeyeon said blankly as he was busy checking his phone. Tiffany could only stare at the guy. "Oh Yuri found Jessica like 2 hours ago. Awesome."

Tiffany widened her eyes as she saw how calm Taeyeon reacted, "That's it?!" Taeyeon jerked off hearing Tiffany's voice, "Your reaction is nothing?! We walked for hours and you could only say 'Awesome'!"

"Wae? Should I act the way you're acting right now?"

"Give me your phone!" Tiffany snatched his phone, "Yah Kwon Yuri! Tell your girlfriend she's dead on Monday!"

Taeyeon tried his best not to laugh but to his dismay a giggle came out. He quickly shut up when Tiffany glared at him. "I'm sorry that wasn't me."

"You think this is funny?" Taeyeon shook his head many times like a kid. "Huh Kim Taeyeon?" The guy once again tried his best to hide his smile.

"I'm sorry but you really sound so y right now." Tiffany blushed and Taeyeon finally laughed out loud, "Let's go. Get on." Taeyeon turned his back and squatted down, offering Tiffany a piggy back ride.

Without further ado, Tiffany got on with a wide smile.

"Gosh you're really heavy."

"Oh shut up."
--

An update :) sorry if this isn't satisfying :3 but please do comment :) please please. It's a booster :) loveya guys :*