23

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Cold. I felt cold when I woke up. It's always like this but somehow it felt different, so different that all I could do is let out a deep sigh. I went to the bathroom and did whatever. Cold water ran down all over my stiffened body, I trembled a bit and continued brushing off. Soon I finished bathing and dressed myself up. I took a last glance over the mirror checking my pathetic self over it.

I chuckled at myself and mumbled, "You look terrible."

I ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen. I was greeted by my mom who was cooking a small breakfast for us, I walked slowly and hugged her by the waist. "Good morning mom." I greeted. I could feel her lips forming into a smile.

"Good morning too Taenggo." I smiled and made my to the table.

 

After a few minutes I went to the school. While walking down the busy streets, I could feel the heaviness of myself. I sighed once again, looking down on my feet. The cold wind suddenly brushed against my skin. I feel lonely once again. Maybe because of what happened yesterday or it's just because I'm literally alone.

I suddenly stopped when a petite body collided against mine. I groaned and took a minute before realizing that the other person is down.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Really sorry." I held out my hand for her to reach not realizing it until she faced me.

Tiffany.

I stared at her unknowingly, lost by her dark orbs, until I fell all over again. She smiled at me sweetly but I was stiffened to return the smile. Seconds later I realized that I was holding her hand, I pushed it away softly and the warm feeling went away.

I looked at her, confused. This isn't her way to school. That's odd.

"Taeyeon-ah," She called and I swore it's the softest tone I've ever heard. Her hands started caressing mine, pulling me out of my deep thoughts.

I shook my head, trying to regain my senses back. I blinked few minutes and smiled back at her.

But no words seemed to make it out of my lips. I coughed, "Fany-ah. What are you doing here?" Finally it came out.

She turned around and started walking forward. I followed her, waiting for her answer. By her side, I felt so close to her again. No gap, no invincible wall and definitely not a dream.

"I actually planned on visiting you. You know, so we could walk together. That kind of thing."

I chuckled at her small reason. I tucked my hands on my pockets as I smile genuinely to myself.

"Like what we used to do back in the middle school," she continued.

I slowly nodded at the fact. "But shouldn't it be the other way around."

She clasped her hands together and beamed her precious eye-smile to me, "I think it's pretty cool doing this."

I chuckled at her before silence took over. But it was a good kind of silence, it's giving me comfort and warmth.

 


 

Tiffany already went to her friends and I, I was left alone. I had no choice but to go at a place where I can relax. As usual I went here on the rooftop. In haling the scent of the morning breeze as it touch my face. I smiled and settled myself on the ground, leaning my back on the wall.

"I knew I'd find you here," A small voice suddenly shocked me. I quickly stood up looking for the owner and saw Jiyeon standing right at the door with a smile plastered on her face. I put up a small smile in return, she slowly walked towards and set herself on the spot I sat on.

"Jiyeon-ah," I said. That's all I can utter as she find a comfortable position.

She chuckled at me as she look up only to see my expressionless face, "What are you still doing there?" She asked, "You're supposed to sit here. Right beside me."

I nodded and did what she asked me to. I found myself sitting beside the girl who made feel light and happy whenever I'm down and broken. I turned my head to look at her face. It was peaceful, her eyes show contentment.

"I'm sorry," I uttered.

She looked at me, confused. While I could only stare at the blue sky.

"For what?"

I lowered my head and heaved out a deep sigh, "I'm a jerk. I hurted you. I feel like I took you for granted."

Jiyeon chuckled again as she put her arms on my back caressing it slowly. "It wasn't your fault, I was at fault too. Confessing my feelings when truthfully I don't really know what I feel for you. But now I know." She smiled at me assuring me that everything's okay.

I put up a smile, shaking my head, showing my disapproval. I still it was my fault. Guilt was eating me up, I don't know why but I feel like sending thousands of apologies to her. She doesn't deserve any kinds of pain. I'm a jerk for causing one to her.

She frowned and caressed my cheek affectionately, "You're stubborn. When I say it's okay. It is. You're not a jerk. You're a great guy, in fact you are the greatest and kindest guy I've ever met. C'mon cheer up. I didn't come here to see you frowning like that."

"Why do you have to be so sweet." I pinched her cheek, shaking it a bit.

I smiled and nodded at her. "Gomawo," I uttered.

"I think we should go since it's 9:15 already."

I nodded again, I stood up and held my hand for her to reach. She took it and smiled warmly at me.

"Taeyeon-oppa," she says, "Since we're not in a relationship now can I love you as my older brother?"

I nodded furiously and smiled dorkily at her.

"We're siblings then!"

We both laugh and left the place.

I felt happiness. I looked at Jiyeon, I can't help but smile. Thank you Jiyeon.

 


A short comeback update.

Well, I honestly missed you guys.

I talked to my friends regarding my problems. And they were right, I should have more confidence. And love what I do.

I should be enjoying this right?

And YOU guys, are giving me so much inspiration. Thank you!

Now I know. What ever happens, I'll continue writing until I can no longer touch the keyboard.

I'll continue writing and at the same time, learning and improving.

Don't forget to leave a comment.

Saranghae :)