17

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


(Saturday Morning)

Yuri vigoriously called Taeyeon as he pace back and forth to his room. Today is the day of moving his things to his new apartment, unfortunately Taeyeon is still not awake. Yuri groaned and threw his phone on his bed.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon shifted his body and covered his head with his pillow. Forgetting about the Yuri's favor. When his phone rang, he angrily threw the pillow to the wall and d the bed table for his phone. Once he had found it, he quickly answered not knowingwho the caller  was.

"Hello.." He grumpily said.

"Yah! You migdet! Where the heck are you!" Yuri shouted angrily.

Taeyeon quickly sat up as the voice of Yuri rang to his head. He groaned, rubbing his sleepy eyes trying to adjust to the light. He slowly opened but failed to go further since the sun was shining brightly all over his room. 

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon!" Yuri shouted again since Taeyeon wasn't responsing to him.

"Yah! Keep it down! I just got up! I'll meet you at cafe." Taeyeon said, without waiting for Yuri's reply, he disconnected the line throwing his phone back to the table. He got up, lazily.

 

**

 

Pink curtains. Pink bedsheet. Pink pillows. Pink walls. The sun's rays has no effect on Tiffany's room though it was shining so bright, to Tiffany's room, it was only a shadow of light. She was sleeping soundlessly, turning here and there with a totoro stuffed toy locked on her arms. Until her room mate barged to her paradise.

"Yah! Tiffany Hwang! Wake up!" Her room mate shouted.

It was because Tiffany had overslept. They have an appointment regarding on Tiffany's part-time job which was designing. The other girl walked over at Tiffany, shaking her vigoriously.

"Tiffany wake up!"

Tiffany stirred up from her slumber when her room mate successfully woke her senses up. She sat up, rubbing her eyes slowly before looking at her friend. Without saying a word she headed right into her bathroom. Tiffany splashed the water to her face, making her fully awaked. She looked at herself through the mirror with lots of things going to her mind. Things that happened yesterday came back rushing.

She remembered how she stayed at the Han River all night long, thinking about her life and how confusing it became. Until her friend called to come home since it was already 12 midnight.

After taking a bath, she went to the kitchen. She saw her friend waiting for her at dining table.

"Will you move faster? You're going to be late!"

Tiffany only shook her head at her friend's raging voice, "I'm not going to the appointment," She says. "I don't want to."

"What!?" Her friend object as she stood up from her sit. "Are you seriously kidding me?

"No. I just don't want to. So will you stop shouting at me?"

Tiffany sat on the chair across her friend, totally ignoring her nagging thing. The reason why she didn't want to go is because she wanted to go at Taeyeon's house before going to her boyfriend. She doesn't know why but she wants to see Taeyeon today, she smiled at the thought of her best friend.

**

Meanwhile, a blonde boy ran across the street, bumping to some elders walking. He bowed showing respect to them but ran again, even faster. Looking at his watch, he ran adding more speed to it, knowing it was already 11 pm. When he turned to the corner he unexpectedly bumped to someone, due to the force, he fell on his as well as the girl in front of him. Indeed it was a girl, when he heard a small squeal from the figure.

"Ouch!" The girl says, fixing her hair.

"God, I'm really sorry." Taeyeon apologized bowing to the girl but failing to realize it was his bestfriend.

"Taeng!" Tiffany screamed, happy to see her bestfriend in front of her. She quickly engulfed Taeyeon on a big hug. Taeyeon was shocked by the sudden hug, hesitating to return the hug, but of course his heart won. So he returned the hug and smiled on Tiffany's back. "I was about to visit you at your house."

"Ah really?" Taeyeon smiled awkwardly, rubbing his neck. The girl nodded excitedly like a child. "I'm sorry but, I have to meet Yuri today. We're kinda have to move some of his things to his new apartment."

Tiffany frowned, knowing her plan was crumbling down. She planned to spend half of the day with her bestfriend and the other half to her boyfriend. But since Yuri was on the way, her plan sank right on her feet.

"Ah really? Well then okay,"

"I'm really sorry, maybe some other time." Tiffany nodded, while Taeyeon put out an apologetic smile. He ran again, waving his hand to Tiffany who was merely smiling at the blond boy walking away from her. She stomped her feet not knowing where to go. Disappointed that her plan didn't go well from the very start.

"Now where the heck am I going to go?" She uttered, walking to the busy street of the neighborhood.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand, panted heavily due to running without stopping. He weakly pushed the door of the cafe, he flinched a bit feeling the cold air of the place touching his sweats. Making it more colder.

"Taeng," Yuri didn't make longer, he quickly approached Taeyeon patting him from the back. "Let's go,"

"Can I just rest first?" Taeyeon said as he catch his breath.

"No, you've rested too much from your sleep," Yuri quickly dragged Taeyeon out of the cafe to their house. With no choice, Taeyeon just followed the black-haired guy.

 

"Wow! Your house is so huge! Why move to an apartment?" Taeyeon complimented as he set foot on Yuri's mansion. His eyes kept on moving here and there, seeing how fancy the house was. It was no joke, it huge, hundreds of people could fit in there.

"I already explained things to you. Now help me with these boxes." Yuri handed the box to Taeyeon while he carry it to the van.

"These things are heavy," Taeyeon groaned as he place the box at the back of the van.

 

**

 

Jiyeon decided to just walk all by herself, since Taeyeon has something to do with Yuri. She doesn't mind it, but she missed Taeyeon now. She felt guilty for being cold to Taeyeon yesterday. She was a little bit jealous with what she saw but a part of her is cool with it. That night she kept on thinking about what she really feels for Taeyeon, they've been together for a week now but she's already doubting herself and their relationship.

She sighed once the picture of her and Taeyeon flashed on her mind. She looked down on her feet, not aware of the people walking towards her. All of a sudden she bumped into another figure causing her to step back.

"Sorry miss," The guy apologized. Jiyeon lifted her head, her eyebrows grew closer as she tries to recognize who the person is.

'This guy looks just like Taeng.' She thought, 'But Taeng doesn't have any brother or something.'

Feeling awkward with the stare that Jiyeon was giving, he quickly faked a cough, "Miss you okay?"

Jiyeon quickly snapped back to reality once she heard the cough,  "Oh I'm sorry, you just look like someone I know."

The guy who goes by the name of Minwoo, chuckled with what Jiyeon said, he only knows one person who definitely mistaken as his brother. "Anyway, I'm Minwoo." He smiled reaching out his hand for Jiyeon to shake it.

Jiyeon shook it and smiled also, "I'm Jiyeon."

Hearing the familiar name, Minwoo suddenly realized that the girl in front of him is Taeyeon's girlfriend. He laughed, like a crazy person knowing how stupid he was for not realizing it sooner, "Jiyeon? Like Park Jiyeon?"

Jiyeon felt weird with Minwoo's action so she just nodded.

"How come I didn't recognize you, I'm Minwoo, Taeyeon hyung's brother from another mother." He introduced again with a silly grin on his face.

"You know Taeyeon?"

Minwoo nodded, proud that he knows Taeyeon more than everyone else, "That's why I look like someone you know, and that's Taeng hyung, right?"

"Yea, you two look like brothers."

"True. True. But we're not," Minwoo says, "Where's hyung? Aren't you supposed to be with him?"

"Oh Taeng? He's with Yuri today."

"Oh right! About the apartment thing."

"Yeah, anyway I have to go. Still have to meet with my friends." Jiyeon said, sadly.

"Oh right. Okay, see you later." Minwoo smiled, waving his hand as he start to walk away. Jiyeon did the same.

 

**

Hours later.

"Are these all your things?" Taeyeon asked as he put down the last box on the living room. "Wow, your things are no joke. Why do you have a lot of things?"

"Why do you have a lot of questions?" Yuri snorted, annoyed because Taeyeon has been asking hundreds of questions the whole day.

It's already 3pm yet they still haven't unpack a single box. It was because of Taeyeon's dorkiness. Due to his big impression of Yuri's he checked the whole house even the backyard, leaving all the box inside the van waiting. Once he finished touring Yuri's house they immediately brought the boxes to Yuri's new apartment.

"Just askin' dude," Taeyeon then wiped his sweats away. "So is that all? Am I free to go now?"

Yuri  shook his head, "Help me unpack this things."

"Sure."

 

**

 

Jessica and Tiffany had been walking around the mall for hours. Due to her unsuccessful plan, Tiffany decided to call Jessica asking her to go on a shopping with her. Of course Jessica gave in since Tiffany whined through the phone and she knows Tiffany looked awful from the way she was hearing her beg.

Jessica groaned as the eye-smiling girl kept on dragging her everywhere, "Tiff aren't you tired?!" She complained. She was feeling her toes aching as well as her legs. She suddenly cursed herself for wearing heels today.

Since Tiffany didn't listen to her and probably won't listen to her, a silly plan crossed her mind. She wished herself good luck and within seconds, she bit Tiffany on the shoulder, causing the other girl to flinch and rapidly moved her arms away from Jessica.

"What the heck Jess!" She shouted, as she check on the mark that was left on her left shoulder. "Look what you did."

"Your fault, you keep on dragging me when my feet hurts."

"You should've told me."

"Apparently I was telling you that I'm tired of walking, but your silly ears isn't working!" Jessica says, "You stupid mushroom."

Tiffany gasped, hearing Jessica call her stupid, she then gave Jessica a hit on the shoulder. "How dare you call me stupid."

"How dare you call me stupid." Jessica mimicked showing her tongue out.

Tiffany sighed, felt defeated by Jessica. She sat down next to Jessica and rested her feet as well. She suddenly remembered the day when Taeyeon grabbed her feet to give her a massage. She blushed unconsciously and Jessica saw it.

'What the heck is this girl thinking?' She asked herself.

Tiffany looked at her watch and saw it was already 3:26 pm, she decided to call Taeyeon.

"Hello?" Taeyeon spoke, letting out his manly voice.

"Taeng,"

"Fany, why did you call?"

"I just wanna ask if you're done helping Yuri." Hearing a familiar name, Jessica moved closer to Tiffany trying to eavesdrop on the conversation.

"Yeah, just putting some curtains and after that we're done. Why?"

"Really?" Tiffany excitedly asked again, knowing that there's still a time left to her plan.

"Yeah, so why?"

"Oh can you come to the mall?"

"Ah, yeah sure. I'll see you there."

Taeyeon disconnected the line while Tiffany fist pumped knowing that her plan is partially successed.

"Is Yuri coming with Taeng?" Jessica suddenly asked. A part of her was wishing for Yuri to tag along but a part of her isn't. A 50-50 decision.

"Why?"

"Nothing, just asking."

"No he's not." Jessica's face suddenly dropped. "What's with the fa--, Wah! You like Yuri do you?"

Jessica panicked, "What!? No!"

A wide grin formed in Tiffany's face, "Then why are you asking if he's coming? And when I said no, your face looked like you just lost championship game."

"It doesn't make any sense Tiff."

"It does and don't even try denying it."

"Admit that you're jealous at Jiyeon first." Jessica fought back. 

Tiffany was taken aback, "Okay you don't like Yuri."

Jessica smirked. "Say, where's Siwon? He's been missing for days? Where is he?"

"Probably at his house, I'm actually going to visit him later."

Jessica slowly nodded.

After a few minutes again, Taeyeon and Yuri finally arrived. Seeing the person she wants to see or wished to see, Jessica quickly stood up.

"Hey so what's up?" Taeyeon asked.

"Ah it's nothing. I missed my bestfriend."

Taeyeon smiled while Yuri was moving his eyes around not knowing that Jessica was eyeing him from head to toe.

"So what are we going to do then?" Taeyeon asked.

"Eat ice cream."

Taeyeon grinned hearing his favorite dessert.

"Yul let's go."

Yuri suddenly snapped back, he looked at Taeyeon and saw them alraedy moving. He then recognized that another figure was on his left.

"Uhh, who are you?" He asked when he saw Jessica looking at him. Jessica frowned. "Just kidding. I know you. You're my Sica."

Jessica blushed hearing the word 'my'.

"Can we go now? They're like ahead of us now."

 

The four of them spent the the last of the day eating ice cream. It was already night and the four of them seperated when it was 5pm. Of course Tiffany went to Siwon while Taeyeon went to see Jiyeon. Jessica and Yuri were left alone.

Tiffany hailed a cab since she doesn't feel like riding a bus. After the ride, Tiffany pressed the doorbell of Siwon's house. Unfortunately a maid opened the door for her, she expected Siwon to open it, but her expectation failed her.

"Ms. Tiffany," The maid bowed.

"Is Siwon here?"

"He hasn't been here for days."

"Is he with his dad?"

"No ma'am. His dad is in their company. Sir Siwon isn't seeing his father for weeks."

Tiffany got confused, if Siwon isn't with his father all along, where could he be? She looked at the maid in front of her and smiled.

"Okay. I'll just call him."

"Okay ma'am."

The maid closed the door when Tiffany turned her back. She's confused, is Siwon lying to her.

She took out her phone and dialed Siwon's number. But no one answered. Another try and still the same.

She's getting irritated and mad. But she still tried. 

She groaned stomping her feet hard on the ground. She tried calling some her friends asking Siwon's whereabouts but all she got is 'Sorry I don't know where he is.'

"The club.." She trailed off. Hesitating if she should check the club or not.

Half of the day was like fine and now she feels confused. All of a sudden.

She hailed a cab again, saying the location of the club. She's getting anxious and nervous as seconds pass. Tapping on her phone every second because of the tension.

She got out of the taxi then entered the club. The music was loud. Boys and girls were dancing everywhere, she squeezed herself just to get through them. After some minutes of searching, there was no sign of Siwon.

She decided to sat on one of the chair in front of the counter, asking for a drink.

She sighed looking on the drink she asked.

Two girls were giggling, being clumsy and all causing them to push Tiffany softly.

"Oops. Sorry." The other girl said. "Two tequilla please."

The two of them hadn't stopped giggling.

"I heard you were with that muscular guy yesterday." 

The girl giggled. "Oh him. Yeah he's so hot."

Tiffany knows it was wrong to eavesdrop, but with this two girls being oblivious with their gap, it's impossible for her not to hear their conversation.

"What's his name again?"

"I think it's Siwon or something."

The both of them laughed. Little did they know that the girl next to them was Siwon's girlfriend.


All of a sudden eyy? Is it too fast or what? I'm so sorry for not updating faster. Really sorry guys. 

 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))

 

I love reading comments xD