11

Because You Might Grow Distant

 

 


Taeyeon's POV

He's cheating. He's playing with her feelings.

I was trembling as I walk away. I leaned my back on the wall as I breathe heavily.

This can't be.

I walked away, I don't know where my feet takes me. I ended up standing in front of this nightclub where Siwon hangs out. 

I was standing there, confused. Then the door slowly opens, there I saw Siwon with a girl locked on his arm. He's not drunk.

He looked at me as I looked back at him. He walked towards me and I took one step backwards. He grabbed me by my shoulders and stared at me.

I wanted to hit him so hard. I wanna beat him up until he can't open his eyes anymore. But all I can do is just stare at him with confused eyes, like a kid who silently watched their parents argue. But I was paralyzed right there.

"Don't tell Tiffany." He whispered with a smile. Then he pushed me softly and then went back to his other girl. I wanted to move but I can't. I stared at them as they walk away with Siwon's arm around the neck of his other girl.

Is this the guy you love Tiffany? I should've known.

With tears waiting to fall from my eyes, I started walking, I don't know where.

Should I tell her?

Lifeless, I turned the knob of our door. I was greeted by my mom who was watching TV.

She smiled. "Hey Taengoo. Your dinner is there. I ate already since I got hungry."

"I'm alright mom, I'm not hungry anyway." I faked a smile and went straight to my room.

I laid on my bed, thinking very deep. I don't wanna cry. I can't and I won't.

Slowly I closed my eyes and drifted to the world I always want when I sleep.

**

I woke up and this familiar feeling went back. The feeling of being sad. The feeling of being broken.

I took a shower. After that I went to school right away.

I was feeling alone again. I was feeling left alone. I don't know why but I am.

As I lift my head, I saw Siwon and Tiffany having fun. Then a sudden adrenaline rush ran through my veins. I walked over them with a balled fist,. As soon as I got closer I gave Siwon a hard punch right on his jaw. He fell down and Tiffany kneeled right beside him.

"Taeng, why did you do that?!" She shouted. "Oh my god. Siwon are you okay?"

I heard Siwon groaning, "Ugh what the Taeng." They both glared at me.

"He's a cheater Tiffany!" I shouted. "He's a ing cheater Tiffany!"

"What the heck are you saying?!" Tiffany shouted.

"What I'm saying is, he's a cheater! I saw him last night with a girl!" Then I felt her hand touch my cheeks with a great force. She slapped me.

I gritted my teeth and looked at her with sadness playing around my eyes. 

"Don't believe in what he's saying Tiff." Siwon said as he stood up.

"No Tiffany, believe me. I swear he's cheating on you!" Then another slap came.

"I don't believe you." She spoke. I can see Siwon smirking.

I gritted my teeth once again. Large tears b in my eyes. Unwillingly, I nodded and walked away. As turn around I can feel my tears flowing. I walked away from school, I don't know where I'm going but here in the field we used to hang-out back in the middle school.

You're too blind Tiffany.

The place which was full of happy memories was now  being washed down by a tragic one. I hung my head low and continued sobbing while pulling out the grass. It hurts so much that I don't know what to do anymore.

It's too painful. Please God, just take me away. No need to make suffer like this.

This is where I really stand. I'm an outcast to them. I'm just a friend to them, nothing more or maybe Siwon's bestman when they get married. Why didn't she believe on me. Now she hates me. Stupid me. 

"You're stupid Taeng. You're stupid for falling in love with her. You're a fool!" I shouted as more stream of tears fell down.

Love. It's a stupid thing to feel. It'll just give you pain, it'll raise your hopes up but not your happiness. It'll kill you slowly, make you cry al the time. It will make you go crazy and then again broke. They said  love is blind, guess what they're not lying. Because right now I feel like dying. This burning torment inside my heart, won't leave, it burns my heart into ashes.

Unrequited.

Unrefined.

That is love.

I continued crying until my tears dried up. How many hours am I crying?

I looked at the clock and it's already 5pm. I skipped work and stayed right here on the very same spot where I first realized that I have this stupid feelings for her.

"She won't love you as much as you do." I said as I continued sobbing a bit more. "You should just quit it, forget and move on. Let her go. Let your feelings go and–" I couldn't finish my sentence when a sudden voice cut me.

"And die." The guy chuckled, I looked up to him with my swollen eyes and red nose. I sniffed. "Hyung." He said softly. He sat next to me, caressing my back.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked with my trembling voice.

"Noona.." He trailed off.

I lifted my eyebrow wanting him to explain more.

"I was looking for you. And then.."

 

Flashback

Minwoo's POV

I was walking down the street after my class and I was wondering where Hyung could be. I turned to my left corner so I can reache hyung's university right away but to my dismay I saw two familiar figure that I hate seeing. They stopped as I stop as well. They looked at me and I swear I was throwing daggers as I stared right back at them.

"Minwoo-ah." Noona spoke. "Where are you going?"

"Hyung.." I said shortly.

"He's not in the school."

I was taken aback. Where could he be?

"He's not with us because he's big fat liar!" Siwon shouted and I glared at him. I don't really scare people when I glare at them but when my face turns dark you better be hiding now. He looked at me and was somehow scared.

I looked back at noona, she didn't do anything but to look down.

"So you didn't believe him." I said, sternly. I gritted my teeth as I clench my fist tightly. 

"Why would she! Your hyung is a liar!"

"Siwon stop."

"Your boyfriend is a cheater! Noona he's a cheater!" I shouted. "You want a proof? Take a look at yourself!" I took out my phone and showed her the picture I took. Though it's bit blurred and dark, I think it's recognizable.

"Don't believe on that Tiff."

I took my phone back and waited for noona's response. She didn't spoke instead she looked down.

"Taeyeon is probably in the field right at the back of the middle-school we attended." Then she started walking with Siwon.

"You and your hyung, you're both liars!"

"Siwon stop."

I watched them walk away. "Suit yourself noona. You'll see."

They ignored me but I bet noona heard me.

End flashback

 

"That's how I knew you're here."

"You showed them the picture?"

Minwoo nodded. "But I guess noona is to blind to even accept the fact that her boyfriend is cheating on her."

I sighed drying my tears up. "That's okay."

I felt Minwoo looking at me with a are-you-serious looks. "That's okay? Hyung? Are you kidding me? That is not okay! They're both stupid and Siwon is a jerk-muscular-ert-guy! I wanna kill him."

I chuckled weakly, "Don't say that. Tiffany just love Siwon."

He scoffed. "Love. Tch. It's not love it's a game."

"Shut up." I said in joking manner as I give him a slight push.

We both end up laughing together as we watched the sun set. It wasn't a normal day but a day full of pain more pain than the past. I wonder what tomorrow brings. Another pain? Another bucket of tears? Or it comes in a package. A day full of pain, tears and eye-hurting cuddles. 

"Hyung stop crying." Minwoo spoke, that's when I knew a drop of tears fell down from my eyes again.

I chuckled. Letting out a long deep sigh as another tear fell from my eyes.

We stayed there for another hour, as the night went deep I continued my eyes drop more tears. I can't stop. My eyes won't and my tears won't stop.

"Let's go." I said, standing up. Minwoo looked at me and soon he stood up dusting off his pants.

"Are you okay now?" He asked.

"No."

"Seriously hyung?"

"I'm serious."

"Then let's stay here until you get better." He begged as he tug me down to sit again.

I chuckled. "Aniya. Staying here won't help me get over this pain."

"Then why did you come here?"

"Because I need a calming place."

"Calming place? A calming place is made to help people make better."

"It helped me ease the pain though, so don't be stubborn and let's go. You're mom is probably looking for you now."

He slouched. "Fine."

 

**

 

"Hi mom." I greeted as I open the door. It was like yesterday, I found my mom sitting on the couch watching some variety shows. I felt a bit sad when Minwoo and I parted. I thank him though for comforting me throughout the day.

"Taenggo-ah." My mom spoke as she walk towards me, cupping my face. "Are you okay? Your eyes are sore." 

I gave her a weak smile and shook my head. I wanted to speak but if I do, I'll probably fell down and cry. "I'm fine mom." I spoke quietly hoping that she won't notice my trembling voice.

"Are you sure? Don't sound like okay."

"I am mom." Please no more question.

"Taeyeon.." She paused and I know what this meant, "answer me. And I want a real one. What's wrong, you've been lifeless this past days."

I was mentally shocked. All this time I thought my mom was clueless.

"It's nothing mom."

"No it's not. Look at you. You're eyes are sore and you sound like someone died. What's wrong? Tell me son."

Then right there I broke down. I hugged my mom, snuggling to her neck. I felt like I was a kid again. A kid who cried because of bullies.

"Mom it hurts." I murmured under her neck. "It hurts so much."

She started caressing my back as she wrap her arms around me. "Shhh. Calm down son." She led me to the couch, I continued sobbing. 

"Mom what would you feel if you love someone, but unfortunately that someone doesn't love you back?"

"I would feel very hurt son."

"Mom, Siwon is cheating on her."

She gasped. "What did you do? Did you tell her?"

"I did, but she didn't believe me." I cried as my heart breaks even more. "I'm stupid mom. I'm pathetic. I'm hopelessly in love with a girl who doesn't even notice me."

"Son it's not stupidity okay. Those people who loves so much are not stupid. Those people who are loved so much but still looks for another guy are the stupid ones. Now don't waste your precious tears and get your warm precious eyes sored. They aren't worth it."

Soon my sobs turned into quiet sniffs, I calmed down. I snuggled closer to my mom, closing my eyes as my arms were tightly secured around her. She started humming songs that soothed my heavy emotions. Soon I drifted away to sleep next to my mom.

 


 

Hey, Hey. Don't hate me and don't frown like that. I know you hate this chapter and you might hate me but I warned you there will be a drama.

Well this isn't a bit of a dramatic chapter since I'm not really good at expressing things way better and I'm not good at finding deep words.

But hey, things will get better. I think? 

 

Subscribe. Comments are highly appreciated. Share+ if you want. Gomawo :))

iloveyou guys :))

Comment comment.

Don't throw bricks or eggs. I'm not good at dodging. *Walks in a corner*

Follow me on Twitter @HyeEunhye I don't have followers so please if you have Twitter :))

I better be sleeping right now b'coz I just went to a fiesta with my friends and classmates so I'm a bit drunk right now. So I'm just sharing it. Bye :) I'll see you on my next update.