19

For my family...

-Kendrick POV-

I was lying down on the grass. It was quiet here. No one came here as much anymore. It was pretty much a forgotten piece of art. For me, it's a place where memories were made. A place which I will never forget.

I look across the field. Back then, my family was the best. Before Dawn became so absorb into her high school...before my parents changed jobs...I really did think my life was perfect. I wish I had cherished those days more. Almost every weekend, my parents would bring us here. There would be other families with children around our age at the time too, spending time together. I guess you could say this was a place where family could finally forget about reality and just enjoy each other's comfort. Now I guess everyone is like us and is too caught up with life to come back here and realize how much family means to them. Mom would be setting up the blanket and food while holding on to baby Anne. Dawn and I would be playing or killing each other. Dad would stand and just watch us while taking pictures. It was as if he knew that one day we would forget about each other and wanted us to look back and realize how much we have changed.

I'm crying...I wipe them but they just keep coming. Why am I such a softie? How can I take care of Anne and let Dawn be confident in leaving me to be the older when I keep crying about the past?

-flashback-

I ran. I commanded myself to run faster. I needed to get there first. I must win. People cheered and cheered for me. Yes I can do it! I'll win to show Dawn when she comes home. Then I see a figure go ahead of me. NO! Get back here. Please don't take my place of being number one. I watched as he passesthe finish line. I finished second..I failed. I failed Dawn. My friends came to console me, saying its all ok. Yet I didn't feel better. I wanted Dawn to be the one comforting. I wanted her to hug me like she always did either when I win or lose. I turn around to the spot where Dawn would usually be watching me from. It was empty. I could feel myself breaking down. My friends ask if I was ok. I nod without looking at them and then excuse myself to go to bathroom. When I went in, I found Jackie, the school bully. I try to walk past him to reach the sinks but he wouldn't let me past.

"Where ya think ya going punk?" he said as walks toward me making me back up.

"Jackie can't you just get a life and leave me alone. I'm not in the mood. You're just an annoyance right now to me." I said as I looked at the ground afraid of what he might do.

He grabbed my chin, forcing me to look at him. "Haha I see someone grew some balls. It must be hard to be left and given to someone else. You're parents don't love ya anymore. Ya annoying of a sister left you too. They left you with some guy. No one loves you. Soon that little sister of yours will leave you too. You will be al-" I punched square in the jaw. He fell on the floor. I stepped on his stomach forcing him to stay down.

"DON'T EVER SAY THAT AGAIN. MY PARENTS LOVE ME MORE THAN YOU THINK. DAWN LOVES ME SO MUCH SHE'S SCARFICING HERSELF. DON'T EVER CALL HER A . A DOESN'T LEAVE EVERYTHING SHE LOVED IN ORDER TO HELP THE ONES SHE LOVES. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE TOO DELUSIONAL TO UNDERSTAND OR TO SEE THAT." I yell at him before kicking one last time and storming out of the bathroom. Tears streamed down my face. I got my stuff and run away from the place. My friends were calling me but I blocked them out. All I wanted to see or hear were my parents and Dawn. Everyday I wake up and wish to see Dawn looking like a mess since she woke up late. I want to hear my parents nag at me for making fun of Anne or Dawn. All the things that I thought nothing of before were everything I wanted. Why is life so evil that way? Why must we never notice how much something is worth until it's gone from our reach?

Without realizing, I had ran all the way to field that was once only a memory for me.

-Back-

I stayed here all night. Now it was morning. For some reason, I was hoping for Dawn to come and yell at me for worrying everyone. I wanted her to yell at me. I just wanted to hear her. I wondered if anyone noticed my disappearance. Maybe Jackie was right. No one loves me. I'm just an existance. Does Dawn know I'm here? Or is she too preoccupied with those "hot" guys?

"DAWN! CAN YOU HEAR ME? I'M GOING CRAZY WITHOUT YOU. MOM AND DAD AREN'T HERE BY MY SIDE. YOU'RE GONE. I'M ALL ALONE WITH ANNE. AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE HERE BY OUR SIDE? I CAN'T KEEP SMILING EVERYDAY. I WANT MOM AND DAD. I'M AFRAID THEY'RE GONNA LEAVE US FOREVER. I DON'T WANT GOD TO TAKE THEM AWAY. PLEASE............come back"I screamed as tears fell uncontrollably. I felt arms wrap around me. Surprised, I looked up to the owner. It was David hyung...

"What? How did you find me?" I was completely confused. How did he know that I was gonna be here.

"Aish! You kids are always up to something. It was Dawn and now you. Do you guys like to make me worry?" he said as he flicked my head. Oww! I rubbed the stinging spot.

"But how?"

"Stupid little boy. Honestly I never would have thought you would be here. I looked all night long. Every place possible I searched for you. Finally I went home, pretty much defeated. Then I walked into your room and found the picture of you guys on your table. I recognized the field. I knew you were here and here you really are."

"I'm sorry.." I whispered and cuddled into his arms. I can be a little kid too.

"You know I used to come here with my family. When I was a little boy and my parents were still beside me." he said as he stared at the field.

"Wait..you mean...I'm sorry" I look at him with puppy eyes.

"haha it's fine. They've been gone for more than 20 years. They died in a car accident. I guess that influenced into becoming a doctor. haha I was too young to actually understand that they would never come back. Still it hurt a lot. Kendrick I know how you feel. You're not alone. Don't ever think that no one loves you. I called Dawn and she just stopped talking after I told her. Later I found out she had fainted. Don't scare her. She already is suffering being there by herself and worrying about you guys, so don't add to the overwhelming pile. Plus what would Anne do without you? Your parents are unable to be around you guys. Dawn is on the other side of the world. Now you want to leave her alone. She is young but she feels alone and scared too you know?"

"I'm sorry David." he ruffled my hair and wiped my tears.

"psht.. stop that now lets go home. I already called the school so it's ok."

With that, we went home and I felt a little bit better.

-Dawn POV-

It was warm. I haven't felt like this before. I snuggled deeper into the unknown warmth. I open my eyes. My eyes widened at the soruce of warmth. IT WAS KRIS. Then I realized that he had his arm over me.WAIT! Me plus Kris on the bed. We couldn't have....No way right?...OMG! I quickly checked to make sure I had clothes on. Relieved, I felt the frabic of clothes. I started to peel away but then I stopped. He looked so much handsomer up close. He didn't have that scary look on his face that he usually gave me. He started moving around and then also woke up. We pulled away from each other quickly. I could feel my cheeks burning red.

"You feel better?" he asked as he came closer to me.

I nodded shyly. WAIT KENDRICK! I jumped off the bed and looked for my phone. I finally find it. Quickly I dial David oppa's number.

"OPPA!! DID YOU FIND KENDRICK?? IS HE OK??" I scream, startling Kris a little.

"Yea we just got home. Wait I'll let you talk to him." I could hear some strangle.

"Dawn."

"KENDRICK! OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?"

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

I could feel the uneasiness of his voice. "Kendrick. You know that even though I'm on the other side of the world, I'm still your big sister right. That I'm always with you like how mom and dad are too." I could hear him crying softly. "Idoit don't cry. I love you and that's that ok? Never let someone else tell you something else ok?"

He struggled to answer through his tears but finally said "yes". I waited for him to calm down. "Dawn?"

"yes Kendrick"

"When are coming home?"

It was that question again. It had became one of my most hated questions. "Honestly I have no idea but it doesn't matter since I'm always beside me at least spiritually. You are never alone. Even if you are left in an empty room, you're still not alone since I'm with you in spirit."

"you're right..I'm sorry for making you worried. Also TAKE BETTER CARE OF YOUR HEALTH. I don't want you fainting anymore."

"haha I don't myself to faint anymore too."

"I'm tired so bye...love you Dawn."

I smiled." love you too little bro" and the call ended.

Kris coughed. I turned around shocked. I forgot he was still here.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded. "I'm sure they made us food. It's only about 8pm." I nodded again. Kris came closer to me. Finally he back hugged me.

"Don't be afraid of leaning on us. We worry about you and will gladly accept your troubles ok?" He let go and walked to the door. " You don't need to feel shy. We're family." he said before leaving.

Family? Can we really be family? I sat on the bed, slightly afraid of stepping out of the room. My stomach growled...AISH!

---------------------------------

Yep yep.. Kendrick so sad...hopefully there will be more happy moments :) ignore my mistakes please. Comment and Subscribe please :)