Hiding

Managing You & Me

 

Since Minhyuk manager oppa ( who drove us everywhere) and Dakyung unnie were taking care of B1A4 business for a while,
I happened to get somewhat of a forced vacation...
 
So here I am lying on my bed having light flashbacks of all my memories with the B1A4 oppas... 
 
Ever since Dakyung unnie talked to me that night on the ride home, she's been trying to seperate me and B1A4.
I get into my casual clothes ... I haven't worn anything like this since I became a manager. It feels nice to be normal again.. I guess... 
 
Rr-di-Ding!
 
My phone goes off.
 
I open a text message from... Ljoe oppa. 
 
From : Byunghunee oppa >.<
 
Ahn ah! Are you free today? It's the only day I'm free! I wanted to have lunch together! 
 
I replied : 
So u mean like a date? Kkkkk jkjk Its my free day too! Where do u want to meet? 
 
We decide to meet at a cafe near the WM headquarters.
 
________________________________
 
Walking towards the WM HQ, I hear a familiar voice. 
 
 
"Ahn ah!! Over here!"
 
I turn to see Ljoe oppa waving towards me. I slightly wave back and start walking towards him. 
 
" What are you going to do if Angels catch us?" I asked
 
"Kekeke you're just my bestfriend!" 
He said with a suspicious wink.
 
I felt a familiar feeling, as if he said this to me before. I rolled my eyes and followed him into the cafe.
 
This is where I met Jinyoung... Huh 
 
Ljoe ordered while I sat in the same spot I did months ago and stared at the same spot.
 
Byunghun oppa brought a .. Strawberry smoothie for me. I stared at him wide-eyed and asked " H..How did u know?" 
 
He shrugged and said " it suits you the best "
 
I started remebering the same smoothie Jinyoung oppa gave me. The corners of my lips pulled up.
 
We just naturally got into talking about ourselves.  we got personal.
 
I dared to tell him my backstory.
Even if I met him for only few weels. I unconciously trusted him enough that he won't feel different about me even if i tell him my bitter truth.
 
He took it really natural as if he heard this a million times.
It feels like I can tell my secrets to him a million more.
 
I was so freaking glad. 
 
"Hah. Byunghun oppa, it's funny how I feel like I've known you forever. I like how I know I can trust you with almost my everything."
 
He smiled and said " I really like you too" 
 
He didn't say anything so he must mean he likes me as a donsaeng. 
 
After finishing talking, he held out his hand and I took it and we walked out of the cafe and into the streets under the clear blue sky.
 
Byunghun oppa cracked jokes and made me laugh and forget about everything I was worried about and I felt like a really normal girl.
 
Then to shatter this moment, I heard a girl say out loud
 
" OMO! Isn't that Teentop's Ljoe oppa?!?! " " who's that tacky girl?!" 
 
Ljoe oppa walked up to them and said " I love all my angels but i'm going to be sad if you call my long-time bestfriend tacky" 
 
All the angels who swarmed said " AWHHH!~" "oppa we didn't mean it" .
 
I swear i saw some of them faint.
 
" she's really pretty!" 
 
And many glared at me like i was a pest.
 
Byunghun oppa took my hand and led me to a quieter place .
 
"I'm sorry Ahn ah.. I didn't mean this to happen"
 
I said "No oppa!! I'm all right! No words can bring me down except for yours hehe" 
 
So we started chatting again and the sun began to set.
 
I said " I better get going!" 
 
Ljoe oppa said "Before you go, I want you to know that you can call me anytime! And it's weird you're finally calling me as oppa!! " 
 
I smiled and signaled okay with my hands and headed back.
I'm FINALLY ? Calling him as an oppa? 
More confusion.
 
I lift my head up and looked towards the WM HQ.
I kind of already miss working there everyday.
 
Ehh anyways, I thought about how nice Byunghun oppa is and how I felt like I seriously saw him somewhere. 
Proabably TV. 
Then, my head carried my thoughts forcefully into somewhere, making my head hurt. 
I stopped thinking and stared into the sky, 
another habit I embedded into myself.
I just thought of how stupid I would have looked right then.
 
I started just giggling to myself like a weirdo and bumped into somebody.
 
"Oh im Sorr.."
I look into Jinyoung oppa's eyes looking at me and all the other B1A4 oppas staring at me with Dakyung unnie behind them, glancing at me. 
 
"Ahn ah!! Where were you?"
 
Sandeul oppa said as he grabbed both my shoulders and stared at me. 
 
 "o...oppa! i was just meeting my friend near here!"
 
Gongchan oppa hugged me and grinned .
"I'm so glad to see you! I thought I wasn't going to see you in forever Ahn ah!! " 
 
I just laugh along as I catch the glare of Dakyung unnie just screaming at me to cut it out.
Jinyoung oppa was just staring at me the whole time and when the other members were busy talking to themselves, I looked in his eyes too and smiled.
 
Covering the bruise in my heart keeping me from talking to him.he laughed softly and brought his hands and and touched my cheeks.
He puts his hand down and I blush.
 
Just as the oppas (who totally missed that) stopped talking, unnie asks the B1A4 oppas to go ahead to the HQ without her.
 
I say farewell to the oppas and turn my look from caring to sharp. Dakyung unnie speaks
 
" I thought I was clear when I said that I'm really concerned? What would happen if one of you actually became too sensitive for one another ? What would happen if one of u starts caring too much? "
 
I see the anger in her eyes, accompanied with fright and suggest that we should finish this coversation inside.
 
We go into the headquarters and slip into a small empty recording room with one tiny window on the door.
 
I exhale a sigh.
 
" Unnie that's never going to happen.
An idol oppa like that would never like a orphan girl like me. Its just common sense that even I know of.
So hold your horses.
I just love Jinyoung oppa as an oppa who cared for me and I care for him. that's how friendships work."
 
Dakyung unnie bursted into silent tears and muttered
 
" But u don't LOVE him "
 
"o..of course I ..do.don't.. Stop crying unnie.. I'm sorry.. I never thought that..."
 
Unnie completed my sentence
 
"you never thought I would love Jinyoung?
I followed him and his dreams and he's the reason I joined this company. I had a crush on him and fell in love ever since I first saw him and couldn't help myself. Just following him like a stupid shadow"
I
tried calming her down but she continued to sob. 
 
I looked around the room and saw... A head.. On the window.. I disappeared.. I swear i just saw somebody looking at me and unnie...
 
*** Baro's Story***
I'm coming back from the restroom and I catch a hidden glimpse of ....Dakyung noona? Ahn ah? 
 
What's going on? I couldn't help but ake a look... 
 
I saw noona crying. Kinda shocking cuz she's always showing leadership and all.
I see Ahn ah trying to comfort her and I heard every word noona said.
 
I never knew either.
Curiosity drove me to take a peek again and Ahn ah's eyes were right on mine. I ducked as quickly as possible and hid under the window
 
Ahn ah sat back down and continued calming noona down
She said she will stop being nice to us so Dakyung noona can have a chance with Jinyoung.
 
I heard enough so slipped out silently. Should I tell this to Jinyoung hyung or what?! God im confused.
 
**** end*****
 
I'm still shaken up that Unnie loved Jinyoung oppa.
 
This explains why she never went out with anybody, rejected all confessions , and stayed being the manager.
 
She had much better job offers than being a manager , which she all rejected.
Dakyung unnie asked me " really? you'd stop being nice to B1A4? for me?"
I
told her " I'd do anything for you"
 
I calmed her and took her to the restroom so she can refresh before seeing the oppas.
We went to the practice room to monitor the dance practice. 
 
I swung open the door and saw the oppas sweating themselves and working hard.
 
Jinyoung oppa saw me and smiled.
 
I fought back a reply smile I always gave him... It's harder than I thought it would be.
 
I coldly stared at the oppas and sat on the chair in front of the practice room.
 
Dakyung unnie glanced at me and B1A4 oppas constantly. 
 
I had to keep a straight face for unnie.
 
The oppas made funny faces at me and tried to make me laugh and smile but I turned my gaze away and ignored it.
 
After practice, we all said goodbyes and prepared to leave. I just said bye to everybody and headed to the exit by myself.
 
I was almost at the main exit when Jinyoung oppa's voice called my name .
 
"Ahn ah!! wait up!" 
 
He ran towards me smiling. I urged myself to keep it cold.
 
For unnie. 
 
 "oh Jinyoung.. I gotta go home soon.. If you have any questions, ask Dakyung unnie"
 
without looking at him and turned around and exited the building. 
 
------------------------
 
So weeks passed since I've been to work.
 
I also decided to get a part time job while I was off my full time job and funny how it worked because I got a job at the cafe near WM HQ.
 
I've been seeing Ljoe oppa a lot and he visits me at work whenever he's free.
 
I told him all about what I'm going through and that I do miss being able to smile in front of the people who accepted me like family.
 
Without being able to be happy in front of them, it feels like somebody hollowed out my heart, and that I'm thankful I get to smile around at least Ljoe. 
 
Well today, Byunghun oppa is busy and my shift is about to end.
 
I decide to take the next customer and then head to the mall for new outfits.
I see the door of the cafe open from my side view and I raise up my head to greet the customer.
 
" Hello welcome to Stop Cafe! How may I hel....."
 
I stopped as I saw Jinyoung oppa stare at me. 
 
"Uuh.. ha.. it's B1A4's Jinyoung... hi..."
 
I tried to make myself not burst in joy of seeing him again. I literally had to force my lips from smiling. 
 
Jinyoung oppa spoke in a shuddered voice
 
"... So this is what you've been doing... ha... so that's what i am to you? just an idol?" He almost teared up and left.
 
I was left with my hollow heart screaming to chase after him. I kept myself.
 
For unnie... for unnie. 
 
*** Jinyoung's Story****
 
It's been weeks since I saw Ahn ah. Practice is over now and I'm exhausted..
 
Exhausted over not seeing her again? Or just physically exhausted? 
I'm not sure.
 
Ahn ah's beautiful smile... her smile that gives me all the energy I want. Again, for the nth time, I'm being a selfish jerk. 
 
Baro came up to me and quietly said,
 
"Hey Jinyoung hyung... I think I saw Ahn ah down at that smoothie cafe! I went past there yesterday and I think I saw her.... I'm not sure though...." 
 
I didn't even ask anything.
I ran towards the exit and through the sidewalk streets and to the cafe door.
I stopped and caught my breath before going in.
I hear Ahn ah's voice.
I resisted from hugging her again like I used to. 
 
"how may i he...." her words stopped as she looked at me.
She looked at me like i was a stranger she cannot see.
She said "oh its Jinyoung from B1A4" . 
 
I swear she killed me inside. 
 
I uttered " So im just an idol huh?" and left. I couldn't show anybody my tears.
 
and that's when i knew I missed Ahn ah that bad.
 
****end****
 
I took off my apron and asked Songeun, my best friend and my work-mate to make me a mocha latte.
She brings it to me and askes,
"Do you want me to talk with you for a bit? you look kinda shook up "
 
 "Thanks...I'm alright for now... I'm leaving soon anyways."
 
Songeun patted my shoulder and returned back to the counter.
 
....I'm all right for now.
I can't believe I hurt Jinyoung oppa.
The pain in his eyes were too visible ..
 
Without me knowing, tears fell silently on my cheeks.
Before I started bawling or anything, I ended it right there.
 
For unnie.
 
I thanked Songeun again and left the cafe.