Waking Up

Managing You & Me

All 5 pairs of ears perked up at hearing the shrilling yell.

"What is that noise?" Junghwan (Sandeul) 's voice make realization hit all B1A4 members. 

Jinyoung was the first to run toward the alarming noise.He knew exactly where the scream came from. The other members followed his sudden move of urgency. 

Jinyoung couldn't hide any of his bursting emotions. It was impossible. The doctors said countless times that no matter how important a memory was, Ahn ah can't regain her memories back until she tries to herself. 

Could it be that when Ahn ah asked Jinyoung for his lyric book, that she was trying to find her lost memories? 

Jinyoung was filled with hope,fear, and despair. 

Nobody wanted her to remeber. 
For if she remebered-

"Ahn ah!" Jinyoung yelled, shaking the limp, unconcious body from the floor.

- she would suffer a traumatic pain. 
If severe, it could cause death.

Baro was already dialing 911, Jinyoung was just holding the lifeless body. 

It couldn't be- Jinyoung thought desperately.

He was relieved when he felt the thump of Ahn ah's heart, indicating that she's alive. 
Nothing else can hurt him other than her life. She already lost her memories of Jinyoung, causing Jinyoung to have nothing to lose anymore. 

The amblulance siren blared, the emergency crew came and lifted Ahn ah away. For the urgent matter of the situation, they let all five B1A4 members follow along. 
Covering themselves in hoods for identity safekeeping,they swiftly left the building on the dead-silent ambulance van. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ahn ah's heart monitor showed signs of barely normal breathing, a reflection of Jinyoung's own heartbeat. 

"Jinyoung hyung. What happend?"
Chanshik's hand was firmly planted on Jinyoung's shoulder. 
Chanshik knew something was ... Different. It wasn't the fact that Ahn ah was their manager, but something else. 

Everyone else knew too. Their gazes turned from Ahn ah to Jinyoung, questioning him a difficult answer. 
Jinyoung began with a shuddered sigh, and told other members of the secret truth. He spilled everything. 

Leaving the B1A4 members in awe, they were shocked that so much backstory was hidden and that Jinyoung managed to keep himself after the devastation. 

"..how did you manage to keep your heart in place?" Junghwan asked.

"By knowing she'll be back someday." 
Jinyoung whispered, as if talking to himself. 

As if on cue, the nurse came out with the medical reports. 
"Miss Ahn ah is fine, nothing serious, just a traumatic pain of emotions disrupted the nerve system and brought back the memory of the physical pain. She didn't actually recive any physical pain, so she's good on the outside. 
You told me she had memory loss, and there might be a chance that her memory's back. There were no major disconnection on her recorded brain flow. Good luck"
and with that, the nurse left the boys.

Jinyoung's hopes never faltered and here his dream turned true, the lies he fed himself stopped. Jinyoung didn't dare think Ahn ah was back until he knew it for sure. He didn't want to hurt himself anymore. Yet there was a prickling feeling in his heart that knew she was back. 

"Tell Ahn ah we'll see her as soon as she wakes up." Dongwoo (CNU) said as he ushered the other members out.
Junghwan gave Jinyoung a thumbs up and left Jinyoung in the hospital room. 

Jinyoung's broken heart throbbed, and Jinyoung was immune to the pain, for he knew this feeling all too well. It was - hope.
Hoping she would come back to him, 
Hoping she will smile because of him,
Hoping she'll come back. 
For too long, Jinyoung numbed this wonderful feeling, knowing his heart would end up broken, over and over again. 

But this time, he hoped.
He let the sunlight of hope spring from his brittle and dry heart.

Jinyoung sat down next to where she lied, held her lovely hand in his grasp. He closed his eyes, dreaming far back to day 1, when he first saw her. Before he knew it, he fell into a blissful sleep.

The sunlight blessed them, shining upon the couple. Time and fate met, binding all memories together and healing broken hearts.


******** Ahn ah's Story **********

Beep- beep- beep-

That freaking noise seriously needs to stop appearing in my already easily annoyed life. 

I try to move my hand to my aching head. I scrunched eyes unfolding and found -him, fast asleep, sitting beside my hospital bed , his head on my leg, his grasp tight on my hand. 
Jinyoung oppa.....?

His soft expression cleared the pain in my aching head. Then, I almost forgot about that nasty truth of my life I found from the recent flashback. 

Almost. 

I'm getting sick of that word now.
Almost this, 
Almost that, 
Almost remebered,
Almost forgotten. 

Just leave me alone. 

Yet my frustrated mind empties itself blank as I see Jinyoung oppa's soft and sweet sleeping face. 
Gazing upon every single line and edge, taking in his gentle complexion one by one, my thoughts travel along his peacefully closed eyes.

He looks like ....an angel. 
But an angel with scars and hidden wounds of the heart. 

As if reading my thought, his calm face srunched into a disturbed expression, causing him to blink and wake up. He slowly lifted his head, still keeping his gentle grasp on my hand. 

"Are you awake?" 
I unconciously fell into a deep moment of observing his features , making myself softly whisper.

His equally soft voice brought gentle happiness to my ears.
"That's my line stupid".

My lips shaped into a shy smile. 
"Pfft. Whatever"
My hand comically grabbed his, pulled it forward and his face was now a millimeter away from me.

I don't know what came over me but we both knew we liked the delicate lack of space. 

Knowing our hearts haven't changed, I placed a light peck on Jinyoung's cheeks. 
I felt my own cheeks warm up. 

I let go of his hand and caught a glimpse at his soft chuckle before I looked away, embarassed at my sudden act of feisty authority. 

"So.. What happend to me?"
I asked, now looking staight into those heart-melting brown eyes of his. 

"Judging by the cheek-kiss, I don't know- you tell me?" He joked, making me flush into a hue of red.

Putting jokes to the side, he continued. 
"The doctor said your brain shows no sign of danger phsyically and you're not damaged anywhere. Just a strong tug of memory-evidence brought back the traumatic memory of the injury...
I'm quite sure you know what I'm talking about. You remeber everything now don't you?"

I just nodded, thoughts deep in the medical information. 

A familar act of stomach butterflies and the heart doing twenty flips washed over me as Jinyoung's hands caressed the side of my face. 

My cheeks felt a tiny clump of metal on his finger.
He had the ring on. 
I squirmed my fingers, only to feel empty air around my ring finger. 
I let out a simple sigh and smiled at the absense of time, now filled and remebered.

He was wearing a blue plaid shirt.
Wait-
I still had to chase memories around my head to remeber my newly retrieved memories. 
There- now I remember. 
I have the matching shirt to his. 

Grinning from ear to ear, I closed my eyes and remebered the picture we took , both adorned with matching garments, hugging and laughing. 
I fluttered open my eyes and realized Jinyoung's eyes shone a twinge of - unhappiness.
My happy grin faltered and was replaced by worried puzzlement.

He had a smile on yet his eyes showed diffrent. Pain. It showed pain. He pulled his hand from my face. Then, he wrapped his arms around me, almost with authorative, commanding power. It was unlike any of his soft, gentle approaches. 

"W..what's wrong?"
I asked, worry overtaking me. 

He just shook his head and let out a distorted laugh, almost a reply of pain. A cringing pain squeed my heart. 

"...J..Jinyoung .. Oppa?"
No words were spoken as Jinyoung's sudden movement filled my confused heart.
He pulled me into a desperate hold, his face buried onto my shoulder.

"I'm S..Sorry Ahn Ah, but please...Just stay like this right now." He whispered into my ear, pain embedded deeply in each word.
This.. Voice.. Is strange. New. Foreign. 
I felt so distant from him yet he was right here, hugging me.

Then I realized, I rembered.

I was missing for almost a year. 

It ripped Jinyoung's heart to see me, him remebering everything and me knowing nothing. 

Yet I appeared in his life, tearing him bit by bit. 

His heart never changed, never stopped loving me. 

For all gaps of time "I" wasn't here, he fed himself lies, lies of desperacy.
He made himself believe that I wasn't ever coming back. 

He was all alone when he needed me the most, but he managed to be always there for me.

So he built a wall, a wall that let him love me but realize everytime , that his Ahn ah doesn't exist anymore.

Everytime he got close to me, the wall that guarded his heart would alert him to not get close, for he won't survive the excrutiating pain. 

And this was his wall, expecting me to not remember anything , not love him back . Asking me to stay, asking me to just be there, yet- something was still off. 

A tear of regret fell down my eyes. 

How did I ruin him like this?
Why did terrible fate rip us apart?

Jinyoung's hands were wrapped around my waist, giving me the support I needed to keep myself from falling. My heart was falling already- into the deep abyss of despair and guilt.

My arms both weakly clung onto his neck. 
" I'm so sorry. Sorry. Jinyoung, I'm so sorry." 
I apologized over and over again, my sobs louder after each repeat.

His hold was much softer, gentle, and comforting than when he embraced me. His automatic wall that guarded his heart slowly disappeared. 

"Ssshh~ Ahn ah, Stop crying ..it's okay.. Don't apologize."
Comforting words seeped through my havocked mind. 
"You're so stupid"
He let out a soft laugh.

I didn't even try to give a witty comeback. I just hugged his embrace, closing my eyes and let the seeping window sunlight kiss my eyelids.

I knew that Jinyoung was suffering.. But.. From what?

--------------------------------- 

"... And so I'm very very sorry noona. BUT TH-" 
Joonhong's (Zelo) apology was cut off from Yongguk oppa's fatherly slap in the back of his head.

B.A.P vistited me after being informed of my regained memory. They rushed in like a swarm of frantic bees, caused a major disruption by making girl patients and nurses squeal of sudden joy.
Of course when B.A.P makes an enterance, it's just gotta be grand.
I didn't know they cared THIS much about me. I guess I always felt like just a burden to them, but now all guesses were proven wrong. 

I giggled at Joonhong's attempt at throwing a deadly scowl at Yongguk oppa. It just looked more like a cute pout. Yongguk oppa rolled his eyes and shoved Joonhong's cute little face away jokingly. They haven't changed either. 

"Wah- how did fate turn out to be this confusing?" Daehyun oppa mumbled as he took a bite of cheesecake from his fork. 

He's the only B.A.P member that I told a bit of my bitter backstory to, which made him the only one to understand why I was in the hospital in the first place.

Everyone else, including the media , who is very obsessed with my on-goings these days, are informed that I slipped and fell. 

So much for fame reputation.

I just shrugged, letting Youngjae and Jongup oppa massage my shoulders. 
They just did it for fun. 
Their weirdness never changed either. 

Himchan oppa went outside to call boss and tell him how I'm doing.
There's that mother side of him acting up again.

Daehyun oppa scooped a bit of his cheesecake and motioned me to open my mouth. I gladly obliged and savored the yummy cheesecake delight. It's something of a miracle, for Daehyun oppa turns into.. Um.. A very protective .. Person (?) Around food. 
Now THAT my friends, will NEVER ever change. 

*bleep! bleep!*
My phone rang, signaling a text.

From: L.dork 
On our way keke ^.^ 
"Slipped and fell"? 
So much for ur image~ 
- Byunghoney ~ 
The next time you faint, you are so dead Ahn ah.
- Jiho 

I smiled, the cute "threatening" message reminding myself that everything was back in place. 

"Ahn ah! Boss said you can come back anytime you want to. Now make sure you are FULLY recovered before you come back alright? Don't make me have to feed you, because I will." Himchan oppa stated, his warnings firm and clear. 

I nodded, knowing better than to argue with Himchan oppa. 
"Now, we're going to leave you alone because I think your friends are here and Joonhong needs to be fed."
He stated, looking at pouty Joonhong. 

I smirked, laughing at how baby jello is treated like a baby, no matter how manly he is with rapping. 

Daehyun oppa held out a fist for me to bump, Jongup and Youngjae gave me kid-like hugs, Himchan oppa flicked me in the forehead (asian mothers.. Oyy) and Zelo opened up his arms wide, about to hug me, when Youngguk oppa held him back.

"We'll see you soon. Okay?"
Yongguk oppa ruffled my hair and smiled his gummy smile. 

I nodded enthusiastically and saw their farewell waving hands disappear through the hospital room door. 

Just as soon as the door closed, I heard loud squeals and fanatic screaming again, this time double the size. 

Oh.
Don't tell me.

Outside my door, I heard two girls yell "OHMYFREAKINGGODIT'S 
TE...TEENTOP'S L.JOE OPPA!!! OFMWHGOANGNWOWLVJ!!!!!" 
(A.N - pshh that's totally not me~ what are you guys talking about?) 

Then I heard "ZICO?!?!OPPAAAAAAA!!!"

I will slap them both. 

I wonder what the internet news will look like tomorrow? 

" B.A.P, BLOCK B, B1A4, and TEENTOP visits one clumsy patient"

My train of annoyed thoughts were stopped in its tracks and blown into bits as soon as I saw Byunghun and Jiho's faces. 

I wore my trademark smirk as Jiho mouthed "You're dead meat" 

I let out a burst of laugh and swung my arms open, gesturing both my best friends to bring it in. 
They innocently did, not knowing they fell for my death trap. 

Oh Jiho. The one that's dead meat are both of you. 

I hugged them gently at first, then tightened my grip on them, painfully hard, making them groan in the sudden pressuring pain. I gave them one more "friendly" squeeze before letting them go.

"AISH AHN AH WHAT WAS THAT FUC*KING FOR?!" 
Jiho's temper exploded, his infamous language pouring out. 

Byunghun was rubbing his arms, throwing scowls at me. 

I calmy replied , "Jiho, that's what you get for thinking that everything was your fault, and Byunghun, that's for the kiss." 

That shut both of them up. 

Then, Byunghun squeaked, "- but you liked my kiss" and smirked at my quickly blushing face. 

"I did almost confess to you, but no, you had to go to America and lose all your memory~" Byunghun scorned. 
I stuck out a tongue in annoyance. 

"So I'll confess now! Baek Ahn ah, I Lo-" I squished Byunghun's lips with my hands, glaring at him , warning him to shut up if he valued his life.

Jiho snickered and I threw him a fail glare, causing him to laugh histerically. 

Fu*ck you too. 

We just laughed, absorbing the fact that I'm back. Officially. 

So Teentop's promoting now their OFFICIAL album, not a mini, not a single, a full album (A.N-kekeke No.1!!) and have been rising to the top nowdays, while Jiho's been facing difficulties. BlockB filed a lawsuit against Brandnew stardom Ent of the charges of scamming. 
It's hard for Jiho, for his career grew up there and he had to take it down with his own hands. 

So we talked for hours on end, recalling our childhood pasts that I could easily remeber now, and what I'll do when I get back home. 

"I'm thinking about moving to my own apartment. Since I'm going to train officially now at TS Ent, might as well move-" 
I stated, for I honestly thought I would like a place alone. For myself, especially since I'm going to have to anyways. 

Jiho and Byunghun nodded, agreeing to the truth.

"At least you don't have to use a dorm" Byunghun honestly spilled, making me giggle at the thought of my lazy L.joe having to clean up for more than himself. 

They won't ever change.