Keep Me Warm

Managing You & Me

 

 Today was a very busy day, and that's without my own tasks of setting locations and times enough to last a week of schedules.
Everytime I called managments of each places and companies, it's like the burden of having to be there is crashing upon all of us, especially our superstars, B1A4.
 
Im exhausted and trying to charge up some energy on the chair I've been sitting on for countless hours now.
B1A4 released a new album and we are actively promoting B1A4 to the best of the WM's abilities.
 
It's been four months since I was promoted as an assistant manager, and if I have this much work to tire me out, Dakyung unnies was definitely struggling too. 
 
Currently, I'm in a time rushing state of contacting the printing company to check up on the shipment box of B1A4 memebers' face profile pictures that are to be randomly distributed in each "In The Wind" CD boxes.
Every detail was driving me nuts and now I literaly can't forget the faces of B1A4 and their names -or their blood types for that matter.
 
"I see somebody's busy."
 
I hear my office door burst open, and turned around to see all the B1A4 members tumbling one after another into my crammed office.
 
"Hey- how are you guys here? I thought you were all busy!" I smiled in surprise, hanging up on the finalized conversation between the printing company and Pony Canyon Korea on the CD productions.
 
"You know I always make time to see our lovely second manager dongsaeng."
Baro laughed, coming over to ruffle my hair.
 
My lips swerved up and its really refreshing just to laugh and have a good time. Hours behind a desk tend to drain your youth and soul quite dreadfully.
 
Then, Gongchan came around and grabbed my hand.
"Come on- you're probably brain-dead calling bosses and fitting times in- Let's go do something fun."
 
The B1A4 members dragged me out to the conference room, where the open space generously allowed me to breath freely.
 
On the long glass table, I noticed there were boxes and boxes of CDs and pictures that were shipped yesterday to be autographed as limited editions.
 
"We just finished signing them all. It's time to put the member profile pictures and we thought you could use a break."
Sunwoo smiled kindly, and I thanked them all. 
 
...and so we all worked together.
 
We all noticed Sandeul oppa putting in only his face on every CD he gets his hands on . 
 
We all got into an argument of Junghwan oppa's narcissm and self love. 
 
I slightly chuckle as I finish putting in the last profile card on my final CD.
 
The rest of the oppas are done too.
I realize there's some leftover profile pictures.
 
My hands couldn't resist their embedded habit of calculating the equation of : paper+ anything to write with= doodle
 
I grab Jinyoung oppa's profile pic card and draw fox ears and whiskers on his face.
He reaches to grab my artwork ,but I swiftly dodge his grasp.
 
His face unconsiously rushes in front of mine to try to sieze the card and our hands brush against each other.
Being a typical girl, my heart betrays me as it races and the blood rushes to color my cheeks.
 
Particulary weird. My heart usually keeps a steady pace of life. 
 
Without me knowing, all my grappling force on the card released as a reflex of the sudden incident-
I kind of fell back into the chair.
 
The members are busy laughing and groaning at their doodled profile pictures.
I calmed my foolish self down and resumed along with them. CNU oppa snatches all the Sandeul oppas pictures and evilly draws ducky mouths all over it.
 
We get into a doodling fight and im trying to keep up but -dang. These oppas are professional pranksters.
 
I suddenly felt a gaze from behind so I whirled over at .... Jinyoung oppa?
and he's staring at me. I giggle at him to invite him to join in the fun mood going on.
 
Instead, he abrubtly turns his gaze to the doodle fight.. huh...did I do something wrong?? 
 
Since all of us are hungry, we squeeze out of the tiny office and head to a place to eat.  we all sat down and started joking laughing and chatting.. as time went by and our food came out, i rubbed my hands together to warm them since its freezing outside.
 
Gongchan pushed most of the sidedishes (banchan) to me and repeated for the nth time, "eat a lot! kay?" 
He gently held my hands in his and blew his warm breath on them. I look into his eyes and he was giddly smiling at me in the most innocent way possible.
 
"Awh- thank you Chanshik-" I smiled, realizing that my nerve system was coming back to life in my hands.
 
Baro oppa broke the moment by announcing "It's time to eat!"
Then he added, "Chanshik-ah. Ahnah's taken."
 
I laughed, but the other members just stayed silent and began eating.
Isn't it a joke...? 
 
I started eating silently and my heart sped up again out of humorous joy.
I stole a look over to Jinyoung oppa.
 
He wasn't eating but spacing out. I slapped down my spoon and firmly said
"Jinyoung oppa! eat! you're the skinniest one here!" 
He kind of woke up and slightly laughed humorlessly, and off expression catching me off guard. 
 
After the strange meal, we all started to head back.
Since it wasn't that far, we decided to walk and I decided to walk with them since I'm their "manager" and the bus stop was near their dorm.
 
Sandeul made funny faces and kept me laughing and everybody was enjoying the cold but beautiful late-fall night.
 
I tossed my head back, packed my hands in my jacket pocket and absorbed the clear,crisp air.
 
The cold wind blew and I shivered.
 
The strangely comforting warmth of Jinyoung oppa's hand entered my pocket and silently held my hand .
 
We were walking side by side and nobody could see. Or could they?
 I laughed softly and he smiled..
the warmth spread all the way into my heart and I realized that I wasn't shivering anymore.
 
Jinyoung oppa and I held on to each other's warmth as we walked on through the night.
 
the dorm came into view and I parted to the B1A4 oppas.
Jinyoung quietly slipped his hand out of my pocket. My hand felt the unspoken cold again.
I quickly turned around after the farewell and punished myself for thinking of anything weird.
 
Holy crap.
 
I'm their freaking manager not a girlfriend. I wonder why he did that and why it was so natural.. Did they officially stopped thinking I was a girl?
I made up a poor story about today being really cold so I needed warmth and thats the only reason that it was just perfectly fine .
 
I repeated this over and over again and kept feeding myself quickly concluded "facts" in this weirdly wrapped up situation.
I stood at the bus stop just being confused for no reason when I saw Jinyoung oppa running towards me.
 
Am I finally insane? I'm hallucinating but ....apparently not when he stood in front of me and stopped, catching his rough breath.
 
"Jinyoung..?" i asked
 
he didnt say anything but stared into my eyes and made my heart skip a curious beat.. and then without a word.... he wrapped me around in his arms. He tightend his grip and whispered into my ear "thank you"
 
I thought I was really hallucinating.
 
He loosend his grip and I almost stumbled due to how lightheaded I felt.
 Loss of words and loss of control over myself.
 
I got all these suddenly confused parts of me controlled and managed barely to be able to hide my apparently red face.
Just in time, my bus came around and my body, as if it was the world's most natural thing to do, hugged Jinyoung oppa back.
 
then, with a smile I glanced at his stunned face and boarded the bus.
 
_____________________________________________________
 
 
*I'm sorry guyss!! i haven't been writing at all T.T
im back on board now ;))
I'll be writing as much as possible!! ALL my fellow BANAs!! fighiting!!!*