tick..tock..tick..Tick..TOCK.

Managing You & Me

 

 
I slid my hand into my messy bun as i breathe out a simple sigh. 
When will I ever just realize that Ljoe's never going to text me back? that dork.
Rolling out of bed, I glare into my phone once again as if the phone will squeeze out a reply of text in fear. My hope blurrs and I slip into my big sweatshirt. 
 
Today's another day off and it's flipping raining outside. I finally had the guts to walk around that cursed park and soak in some lovely rays but NO. its freaking raining. 
 
My day's not a good day. Maybe I'll use this time to reflect on myself and my messed up in a good way life. 
 
Psh as if
 
As i toss my poor little phone to the hard floor, spacing out.
I notice my annoying little yearbook from highschool poking its puke-orange cover into my annoyed sight.
 
I rolled my eyes and carelessly touched the tip of it. Something inside me triggered and my hand flew to open the yearbook. 
 
I turned the pages in swift flips and my hand rummaged for something.
It was as if I was in an uncontrollable trance, my hands flowing over the lost memories of my highschool years.
 
"What?"
 
My film of my past years jammed its memories into my head.
It started playing snippets of cut moments from the past. 
 
I tried to fight out my hurtful memories.
i didn't want anything to come back. 
I tried so hard forgetting and I can't just let my efforts come back. 
 
The car accident.
 
My hand froze on the yearbook. I could hear my pitiful screams and cries banging on my eardrums,
surfacing my buried secrets of numbed pain back into burning life. 
 
I supressed my repeating screams from exploding out of my mouth.
 
I shut myself down.
 
I can't hear anything.
 
 
I can't see anything.
 
 
don't know anything.
 
People told me to remeber and just try.
The pursuading voice lured my heart into the cold trap of truth.
 
"Maybe today will be the day my memories come back."
 
I caught my happy voice saying those words.
 
My robotic mind quickly snapped back "Maybe not"
My eyes opened in a wide shock and the yearbook I closed tightly to stop the pain seemed to plead to open the yearbook. 
 
That moment, my head emptied itself of the gruesome images of torture and whispered to my thoughts ,
 
"open the yearbook Ahn Ah."
 
My hands started slipping and sliding again, fighting more memory flows. 
 
"Maybe today will be the day I get my memories back."
 
My eyes set paralyzed on the picture under the familiar label of 
"Cutest Couple" 
 
I saw my carefree smile planted on my face and my hands locked with a guy's hand. A really familiar guy.
 
A painfully familiar guy.
 
My eyes widened in shock as I felt my memories slip into that exact moment when the picture was taken. 
 
When I learned love from my bestest friend, when we loved each other so much, when I knew my heart was his.
It was Jinyoung.
 
 
The clock that was secretly ticking away in my head completely stopped. 
 
Then, it started rewinding and ticked backwards from the picture.
 
___________________
*Start of Flashback*
_____________________
 
"Aishh!*"
 
I'm late for school again. 
FREAKING AGAIN.
 
Even after ssem* gave me a hour rant about it straight up my face yesterday.
 
I'm not a badass rebel, but I just know that nobody can change what I believe in. 
 
A righteous rebel.
 
I tornadoed through food,clothes, and the bathroom, noticing how my dorm buddies already left. 
 
I can't get mad at them.
They would have to recive a welcoming punch of death,
if they even slipped out the letter W in Wake up.
 
Geez. me and my graceful sleeping habits.
 
I rush out with "hurry" written all over me. Paper stuffed into my tote bag, carelessly slung over my shoulder. 
 
"Looking all crisp and fresh for school Ahn ah?" 
 
I hear my bestfriend's chuckling voice.
 
"Shut up Zico. I'm screwed."
One corner of his mouth went up in a all-so-familiar grin and we rushed to school together.
Jiho's my right arm buddy.
_______________________
 
I peeped through the helplessly transparent  classroom window, observing ways to sneak in. 
 
"Crap" I hissed under my breath.
Jiho snickered as he typed up a text on his phone. 
 
"You have the mind to text in this situation? Really Jiho?" I sharply whispered.
 
He scoffed and said "Chill. I'm texting Byunghun to create a diversion."
 
My lips twisted into a sinful smile as I heard Byunghun's chair skid on the floor as he sung out 
 
" I GOT THAT SUP-A LU-LU-LU-LU- LUV that SUP-A LU-LU-LU-LU-LUV SHE WANT MY SUP-A LUV~~"
 
I heard squeals from girls and groans from guys and ssem.
Jiho and I kept ourselves from bursting out laughing.
Like a ninja, we slipped in among the now crowded classmates. 
 
Byunghun winked at me as I shook my head in laughter. 
 
"IT'S L.JOE EVERRYBODDYY!"
Byunghun announced.
 
So yeah. That's my left arm buddy.
 
Class started smoothly as ssem called out the role and we were "present".
This is my everyday life that I live with not a single care in my mind.
 
_______________________
 
 
Glossary:
 
-Aish : Word of frustration. A moderate way of saying "sh*t" in Korean. Still a strong word though. not AS bad.
 
- Ssem : To newbie readers, It's a nickname for teacher. In Korean, teacher is pronounced : Sun-saeng-nim.
so they shortend it to sun-SAEng-niM.
So its SSem. sometimes written Saem. 
 
 
________ Author's Notes__________
 
**kekekeke so how do you guys like it now?  You thought it would be all sweet innocent girl oh so predictable? 3:) 
 
Sorry it's so short T.T I wanted to keep it simple
I'll update soon!! hopefully! 
I changed the other chapters around a bit to make this more predicted so its not just BAM RANDOM!! IN THE FACE!
 
HAPPY READING AFF READERS~~!