Babo

Managing You & Me

 

"Take this week off Ahn ah! You've been working too hard!"
 My co-worker insisted, her puppy eyes whining for a 'yes'
 
I stared at her with disbelief and grunted, giving in. 
"Fine, Na hye- You're gonna be the reason I'd die in the streets someday! Sheesh! What kind of boss forces a co-worker to not work?" 
 
I started grabbing my things from my office desk, clicking my Mac to its secured screen saver. 
 
Na hye and I worked hard now, the past, weeks for this place. 
We set up our dreams into goals, and achieved them mercilessly in a blur.
Na hye came to visit me at the hospital a couple weeks ago and told me she was going to start a vocal academy school and that she needed me in.
 
I stepped out from my opportunity to become an idol star due to my health conditions, and started from scratch. 
I moved to a house on the outskirts of Seoul with a backyard that looks like it's from a fairytale, and started fresh from there. 
 
....Daehyun oppa and I broke up last week after I resigned from TS ent, for my absence in the company limited excuses to see him and publicity were soon to catch on.  
 
The front doorbell dinged, and I looked at Nahye with a confused expression. 
Today's not a lesson day-
 
"Jinyoung oppa!" I gasped, looking at the slim figure standing in front of us. 
 
Na hye threw an arm around him, and I tore my eyes away from the view. 
I saw Jinyoung oppa avoid Na hye's skinship and scoot close to me.
 
When I looked back up in unclear certainty, Jinyoung oppa was holding out a boquet of beautiful spring flowers in my direction.
 
"Congratulations Baek Ahn ah" 
He smiled, and the corners of my lips tugged up at his lovely expression. 
I inhaled the sweet scent, breathing in a mixture of jasmine and freesia petals. 
{ two flowers mentioned in two of their songs hehehehehe}
 
"Oh yeah by the way!! Guess who's single??" Na hye sing-songed, wiggling her eyebrows towards Jinyoung. 
Jinyoung oppa's face broked into a shock as he focused in on me. 
 
"Ahn ah- you broke up with Daehyun?" He spoke, the surprise lingering in his tone. 
 
I slung my purse around my shoulder and nodded shyly. 
"I had to.. We had no choice"
Trailing my thoughts, I shook off the emptiness inside me and quickly glanced at the surprised oppa once again before having to look away when I definitely expected Na hye to happily kiss him. 
 
I should be happy for this perfect couple..... 
I guess I deserve this after all the hurt I created to the ones I love.
 
I pretended to file some papers and awkwardly cleared my clogged throat, blinking absent mindedly at the jabbing pricks inside my heart. 
 
"I'll be going now" 
I muttered, not expecting an answer as I headed out the building door.
 
I wiped a tear, which came from nowhere and felt like a stupid retard for crying like this. 
This is my punishment- 
Working everyday with Nahye, my life's meaning visiting her and moving on. 
Jinyoung clearly is happier and brighter now - he moved on. 
 
I thought I did too- but, 
Why can't I?
UGGGHHHHHH 
I NEED TO FREAKING MOVE ON BY NOW 
{^ how u readers probably felt 10 chapters ago >.< }
 
I believed that Daehyun oppa was the love of my life and followed his heart everywhere, and I was doing fine, finding new love- 
Only to come back to point one,
Crumbling me down piece by piece now. 
I was doing well- 
But WHY ING now? 
 
Ugh. 
Isn't my life taking a new lovely downhill? 
Does God hate me or something?! 
Whoever that's up there must have made me wrong- 
Cuz EVERYTHING I DO nowdays is just WRONG WRONG WRONG.
 
I ripped open my car door and jammed the key in, not thinking about ANYTHING as I sped towards somewhere free.
 
A park.
 
Without ANYTHING to think about, I cursed at the clouds for being so free. I shot a meh-rong to the flowers for being beautiful without care. 
I pumped my fist in the fountain water, hating its carefree motions. 
 
I used to be like them 
But now I'm this.
 
I let out a long grumble of a frustrated noise, and people looked at me like a weird psycho, running away like pegions. 
 
Yeah you better run. 
 
"PppppttttttppHAHAHHhhahahah"
 
I yanked my head around to see the source of that mocking laugh. 
Who the hell laughs like th- 
 
Oh. 
I know-
 
Woo Jiho. 
 
"Wahahah- Baek Ahn ah lost her sanity after another trip to the ER. Seems like you haven't been fully treated enough" 
He snickered, pointing at me and splashing the water, letting it drench my everywhere. 
 
"Yah!" I exclaimed, splashing it back at him. 
"But you look like you need to see a hair doctor.. What the hell of a hair is that?" I started to giggle, observing his new purple-red hair, cut in an upside down bowl shape. 
I had that enough with Yongguk oppa during One Shot and Himchan oppa during their fan-signings. 
(Oyyy... DAT HUURR)
 
Jiho held out his fist, and I managed to pump mine before crashing to the tiled stone floor, laughing my off. 
"Wha-at are y-you doing here?" 
I sputtured between laughs, picking up a purple-red lock of his and twisting it like a twizzler. 
 
Jiho swatted my hand away, wearing his infamous scowl. 
I shot him a meh-rong and he smiled.
"I came to see you" he responded. 
 
"STALKER ALERT!" 
I yelled, sending more people to run away and I too, started to sprint, laughing like a maniac the whole way.
Jiho's long legs accelerated quickly, and in few minutes, he strode beside me, then caught me in his arms as I tumbled forward. 
 
"I didn't even have to wait till you tripped- how come you're always clumsy after all these years??"
Jiho laughed, swinging me to my feet. 
I pouted at the truth and dusted off my pants, still fuming with frustration. 
 
"What, so you have a GPS tracker on me?" I questioned, hands on hips and everything. 
Ignoring my bossy aura, Jiho bent down and flicked my forehead.
"I just ran into you araso? Don't take me as a stalker creep." 
He scolded, leaving a bigger pout on my lips. 
 
We took a wooden bench and breathed in the spring air. 
 
"So.... How's your *ahem* boyfriend?" Jiho tried to approach me in a fatherly way, failing as his eyebrows twitched and his throat clogged up at the thought. 
 
"I don't have one" I blinked, an empty expression leaving my face. 
 
"W-what?!" Jiho exclaimed.
The last time he checked, Ahn ah was happy with Jung Daehyun. 
 
"I work at a singing academy now- Jiho, I resigned from TS ent." 
I stated, still looking blankly at his confused expression.
 
"Wh-why? I thought you loved being on stage" 
His voice trailed, gasping as something hit him...
The reason why Ahn ah couldn't perform. 
 
She has stage fright. 
 
I nodded as he mouthed the words 'stage fright'.
It wasn't just a mental fear of performing in front of zillions of people. 
I can do that any time-
But the STAGE itself has embedded its horrifying mark on  me, ever since my mom's death and me being kidnapped from the stage. 
Literally. 
(Chapter... Umm... 14! Yeah!) 
 
"So Daehyun oppa and I decided to let each other go, for we were on risky terms.... And to be honest, I think he stopped loving me-" 
 
I sighed, thinking of the last few weeks after my hospital discharge.
He was so shooken up at the fact that I almost left him, and he imagined me leaving him so much that it became almost his reality.
He'd hold my hand, but without a care. I'd hug him, but he won't hug me back.  We'd talk about random details, only to come to a pointless conversation. 
And when we did decide to break up, both of us were fine with it. 
No crying, no hurting- 
Just as if we were friends the whole time. 
I'd sometimes go visit TS Ent to use the recording room and pick up CDs of Yongguk oppa's recordings, and Daehyun oppa and I'd bump by each other- and all we do is smile. 
We smile like nothing's ever happend. 
And it's better that way. 
 
"Is it because you remeber everything about Jinyoung?" Jiho muttured, being sure of his accusation. 
Ahn ah could never live without Jinyoung
Or so he remebered.
 
I blinked a bit, savoring the directness of the question.
Did I? 
 
When I got all my memories back, all I remebered was him- 
All the memories I was missing. 
I slowly twisted the ring around my finger and traced the delicate words on it. 
Bling girl
 
I don't know why it became a habit that I started wearing this again, even if it represents nothing anymore. 
 
"Maybe Jiho... I don't know" 
I heavily sighed, folding my hands on my lap. 
 
"Maybe it's time FOR you to finally know. The longer this goes on, the longer you hurt yourself Ahn ah. Tell me you'll do something about this ed-up mess." 
Jiho harshly blurted, 
and I didn't even flinch. 
I deserve to be scolded, to be woken up from my daydreams. 
I have to face reality for what it is instead of running away, pretending like nothing happend. 
 
"Araso!! Okay! I'll do something about this mess!" I whined, losing for the better of all. 
 
"That's my Ahn ah~" 
Jiho ruffled my hair and stood up. 
 
"Where you going Zico?" 
I asked, standing up with him. 
 
"My job here's done- no need for me to hang around for nothing! I'm a busy idol~ I gotta get going... Well, I had to 20 minutes ago." He shrugged and held out a fist. 
 
With a giggle, I returned the fist pump and waved as he jogged away. 
"Bye Zico!!~" 
 
Breathing the sweet spring breeze, I immersed myself in all that's happend  to me. 
Everything that happend so far- 
 
My first job, 
Which turned out to be a bridge for me and Jinyoung to connect after my amnesia, 
my flashbacks, which held the secrets to why we suffered so much. 
When I realized I love someone who I can't have, I ran -
Found new love, 
Learned what love feels like 
Loved someone secretly behind the world's back
And truly understood what true love should feel like. 
 
So I'm the stupid idiot who decided that she should just prance around everywhere, being loved wherever I go. 
Well this . 
 
It's time I did something for my own, instead of everyone doing things for me. 
 
I ran to my car and dialed a number. 
 
"H..hello?" 
"Where are you Jinyoung?" 
"The dorm... Why?"
 
Beeeeeeep 
 
I stepped on the pedal and rammed my car into the Seoul streets. 
 
In less than 30 minutes, I arrived, ready to be slapped hard in the heart. 
I need someone to wake me up from his lah-di-dah fantasy I keep thinking of- 
Someone to tell me that reality doesn't give easy chances.
That reality means I have to be rejected from things I can't have.
 
And this is the perfect way to do it. 
 
I rapped my knuckle on the familiar door, waiting to be opened as I heard a wave of "who is it?" From the B1A4 members.
Luckily, it was Jinyoung. 
 
"Ah-Ahn ah?! What are you doing here?" He sputtered in a hushed tone, not alerting the other members. 
 
"I need to talk to you. Alone." 
I commanded, strength coming in my voice. 
 
Jinyoung eyed me doubtfully but grabbed his hoodie and took my hand, leading me to the back of the building. 
The familiar sensation from his sudden grasp rose, making my decision more stable. 
 
He let his grip loosen, and dropped my hand as he turned around to face me. 
"Talk" 
He spoke, the simple word setting fires to my guilty heart. 
 
"Jung Jinyoung, this is Baek Ahn ah you once loved. Before we move on with everything that's been going on, the old Ahn ah needs to say something. 
She's very very sorry that you had to go through so much without her and thankful that you stayed by her side even when you suffered. She loves you so much and wish that she could have been there with you when she went through her traumatic surgery... 
She wants you to know that she was with you, even though she wasn't physically." 
 
"And what about you..now?" 
 
"The old Ahn ah is me Jinyoung... I feel exactly the same right now. I know too well that you can't return the feelings back to me, but I had to tell you. It's the worst timing ever, but it never is the best."
My heart suddenly felt light, almost empty, as if it was finally freed from the heavy cage it had been in captive of. 
Mission accomplished. 
 
Jinyoung looked like he'd been hit by a truck, frozen in space.
 
I bit my lip and fumbled nervously with my fingers, hoping for some kind of rejection. 
Then I can finally go home feeling right for the first time. 
 
I could hear the imaginary clock ticking away and the grass breathing. 
My patience ran out and I blurted, 
 
"Congratulations on B1A4's first win by the way" 
 
He flicked his focus back on to me, and I held my breath for the unleashing of Jinyoung's mad fury of frustration.
I was certain he had enough of me by now.  
But it never came. 
 
Instead, I was in my favorite place on Earth- 
In his arms.
He held me so gently, as if we were back in time, him hugging the old Ahn ah. 
 
"Y-you're not mad?" I questioned on his shoulder, looking up to catch his response.
 
"Babo. Everybody already congratulated us on our win two days ago." 
 
"I guess I'm a retarded babo then." 
 
"You're always my stupid babo." 
 
I gasped, feeling a little off. 
My cheeks flared up, but I looked at Jinyoung in complete shock. 
 
"I'm not- but- Nahye- she's your" 
I stuttered, unable to comprehend. 
 
"She...'s not my girlfriend"
 
"What?"
 
"We aren't going out." 
 
"Come again?" 
 
"I think you heard me two times." 
 
"...... WHAT?" 
 
Jinyoung shrugged nonchalantly, as if he just told me what his favorite cheesecake flavor is.
 
"Hold up- this doesn't make ANY sense Jinyoung. ANNNNYYY SENSE." 
 
Swirling in confusion, I tried to grab anything that made sense. 
 
"Did she threaten you like Mee ju?" 
 
"Nope" 
 
"Did you do something wrong?" 
 
"I dumped her" 
 
"...... What did she do?" 
 
"She cheated on me." 
 
My jaw dropped, and I almost spoke out, 'why did you guys kiss this morning?' 
 
But realized, 
They didn't 
I was just assuming they would. 
Now I think about it, 
Na hye was a little clingy to him this morning. 
 
"W-why didn't you tell me?" 
 
"Why didn't you tell me you were going out with my step brother?" 
 
I bit my lip and threw my hands in the air. 
"You win" I blubbered, finding no better argument. 
" So when did this happen?" 
 
"Funny how it happend just when you were sent to the ER a couple weeks ago" 
 
"Yongguk oppa told me you looked like you've been hit by a bus or something." 
 
"Yeah.. Walked in Nahye's makeout session in my own recording room.. The guy's one of the back choreographers" 
 
"What did you do?" 
 
"I put Nahye's matching ring in the trash can and walked out." 
 
I snorted, laughing at what could possibly be Nahye's facial expression. 
 
"And today's the last day for her at the academy." 
 
"Huh?" 
 
"The academy belongs to WM. It's fully funded by B1A4, and since she's untrustworthy, the management will go to the next worker in line." 
 
My mouth slowly dropped open. 
 
"Me?!" 
 
Jinyoung nodded, caressing my happy expression. 
 
I jumped up and down, sqealing in mad joy. 
It's a dream come true.
 
I came here to wake up into cold reality, but fell deeper into my too-ed-up-to-be-true life.
 
I felt metal against my cheeks, and I took Jinyoung oppa's hands to observe the item. 
Our ring. 
Its silver metal glinted in the sunlight, reflecting its 'Bling Boy' embellishment. 
 
I broke into a wide smile and felt the last bit of the puzzles in my head click together, telling me I'm exactly where I belong. 
 
I'm finally home. 
 
After the endless journey up and down memories and broken lifetimes, I finally found where I was missing from. 
From Jinyoung's heart. 
 
Fate ripped us apart, but we healed and came together once again, stronger than ever. 
 
"Does this mean we're back together again?" I questioned, feeling self-concious and uberly stupid. 
 
"You used to be my manager.. You tell me" 
 
He cupped my chin and lifted it higher, smirking as he landed his lips on mine. 
 
"I guess I'm managing you and me now"
 I groaned, already predicting all crazy ups and downs to come later on. 
 
"And I guess I love you again oppa.." I jokingly sighed, face palming myself at the fact that we're hopelessly meant to be.
 
Gosh. 
Isn't this a stupid turnout? 
The place I needed to be all this time was a fingertip length away, and I was running away from home all this time. 
 
I guess that's what I get for being a mentally traumatized babo.
 
I'm HIS mentally traumatized babo. 
 
"I love you" I whispered, feeling something fluttering and warm, contrasting dramatically from Daehyun's heart-stopping and body-freezing one. 
 
It felt so right to say it to the right person. 
 
"I love you babo" 
He whispered back, holding me tightly. 
 
"WHAT THE HELL?!?" 
A familiar voice shrieked from the balcony. 
Sandeul oppa.
 
I peeked around the shield of Jinyoung oppa's shoulder to see the shocked idol group. 
I'm proud to say I almost gave B1A4 a heart attack. 
 
"AHN AH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Gongchan oppa hollered, a look of disbelief on his face. 
 
Baro oppa nonchalantly leaned on the balcony railing and waved at us, smirking at the scene. 
 
CNU oppa just looked very very confused.
 
"CONGRATULATIONS ON B1A4's FIRST WIN!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!" I yelled back, two thumbs up in the air. 
 
"CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A FULL WOMAN!!" 
Baro oppa yelled back, laughing his off as everyone else stared at me with complete shock. 
 
"Ahn ah... You..you slept with my step brother?" 
Jinyoung blinked, not able to comprehend this new information. 
 
I couldn't lie- 
I did love Daehyun... 
I nodded, shyly covering my face in my hands. 
 
"That means I have to make you mine now" Jinyoung whispered with complete iness in his tone. 
 
I blushed like crazy- 
Jinyoung has this side of him? 
I sinfully smirked and looked to the balcony with the most innocent expression. 
 
Jinyoung oppa chuckled at my innocence-change and took my hand, leading us inside the building. 
 
"Innocent babo" 
He laughed, opening the dorm door. 
 
I scowled at his remark and stepped in, facing the 4 guys with different expressions each. 
 
I missed them so much- 
Their performaces to their sleeping habits, they were family to me. 
I was their manager but after that, they managed my life, helping me find my way home in life.
Closing the door behind me, I exclaimed. 
 
"I'm home!" 
 
 
 
_____ Author's Note______
 
WE MADE IT!!  
Ahn ah's home guiiieess 
You have no idea how happy i am.
 
From July 2012, I spent months thinking of B1A4 and just sat that imagining random crap when I decided to write it down. 
I came to the world of AFF as a complete newbie, clueless to what a fanfic is. 
 
But now I'm an author, writing my hell of an imagine down on my Notes app. (Hell as in good and bad) 
 
There is a following epilogue to come, and I sincerely thank ALL my readers for taking this journey with me. 
Readers old and new, 
I love your funny, loving, hating, critical comments and can't thank you guys enough for pulling through Ahn ah's jacked up life with me.
there were times where I was writing but I got so frustrated at how stupid Ahn ah was, so I started slapping my phon- AHEM ANYWAYS 
 
This fic is coming to a landing after its long flight, and I hope all BANAs and non-BANAs found this story to be a good flight (minus the altitude loss, bumps in the clouds, rough ups and downs, a severe thunderstorm >.<) 
I'm already working on a new fic, and this one, I SWEAR is going to be MUCH smoother like BABY skin (hint hint) 
 
Until the next flight, 
Let's Fly B1A4
 
With all Love, 
B1A4bunny
 
 
{ I'm not marking this story complete until the epilogue. May come in two parts~ }