Dream of the Past - 3

Managing You & Me

 

I woke up , welcomed by the summer's strong glare of sunlight. 
 
"Rise and Shine Ahn ah"
Byunghun sung, causing me to bolt up quick. 
 
It's Saturday with no school- 
Yayyyyy finalllyyy
 
Jiho came out of his room, grumbling. 
"Aish- yah, Byunghun-ah! Don't sing." He stated, earning a displeased scowl from our morning alarm singer. 
 
"Ahh~~ what's for breakfast?" I yawned, stretching my arms.
I quickly did a shoulder check, making sure the hickey cream was working for the past week. 
 
I guess they weren't lying when they said 100% effective. 
 
Jiho slung his arms around me like he always does but this time-
 
I awkwardly flinched. 
 
We all stared at me, confused at what just happend.
Jiho raised his arms and slung it around me again- 
 
I flinched again. 
 
Huh? 
 
There were mixed emotions of fear and anger inside every flinch, reminding me of Yongnam oppa's demanding touches. 
 
I calmed myself down, talking my nerve system out of this silly reaction. 
 
"Woah- Ahn ah! When did you do that?" Byunghun spoke, putting down his cooking spatula. 
 
"I- I don't know!" I honestly replied, not having informed of my own seceret- 
But I unfortunately know exactly where it might have originated from.
 
"So it's going to be a bit awkward everytime we touch you?" Jiho evilly grinned. 
 
I squeaked a tiny "Maybe" as the two evil dorklings trapped me to the wall. 
 
"Did you and Yongnam hyung make out?" Byunghun questioned, tapping my shoulder. 
 
I flinched.
Damn
 
"So that's a definite yes" 
Jiho wiggled his eyebrows, embracing this new weakness of the Almighty Baek Ahn ah.
 
I could only hope that they wouldn't ask very stupid questions. 
 
Like this one for example:
"Are you still a ?" Jiho laughed, placing his hands on my neck. 
 
Surprisingly, I didn't flinch.
Maybe it's because I'm not lying- 
 
"I'm a virign. Chill" I shrugged it off, hiding my relief that I didn't flinch and wince all the time- 
 
"So it's only when you're lying!! This could come in SO HANDY!" Byunghun cheered, clapping his clean spatula on his cheeks.
 
"Hey you're not touching my food with that" I spoke, whisking away the cooking tool. 
 
"You're not going to get any food if you take that away" Jiho sighed, wanting just to eat some breakfast. 
 
I blubbered for a while of how unsanitary it is, rinsed off the spatula , and gave it back to Chef Byunghun. 
 
Typical morning- 
A extordinary discovery of my new weakness. 
 
Damn you Yongnam oppa. 
 
--------------------------------
******** Yongnam's Story******* 
"Yeoboseyo?" I answered the phone, curious of the unknown number. 
 
"I know how you can make big money." A dark voice answered, throwing me a bit off. 
 
"W-what?" I laughed, thinking it's some kind of stupid commercial- 
But hey- 
Money sounds good.
 
"Contact me at the Auto repair shop down your street. Two men will meet you there. You need this job more than anything." 
 
And with that, the man hung up.
 
What the ? 
 
I flipped my phone in my hands, staring at the bright screen and trailing through my thoughts. 
 
My father used to be included in illegal dealings-
Maybe this man is his boss. 
And with the passing of dad, the responsibility came to me. 
 
Heck- why not? 
I have nothing better to do in life- 
Maybe this will get my mind off my Ahn ah. 
She can use a day off without me- 
Right? 
 
I grab my jacket off the couch and headed out to the door.
 
****** end of Yongnam's Story****
 
After a nice moment of bliss called shower, I chose out the cutest outfit I can find. 
 
A white bubbly one-piece with black polka-dot leggings and a pastel pink blazer. 
I hung around my favorite silver ribbon pendant necklace and clipped back my bangs with two white bobby-pins. 
 
Baek Ahn ah was coming out of the dark today~ 
I don't feel like oversized sweatshirts today- 
 
Jiho went to a entertainment company to check out the deals with Byunghun, so on this sunny late-winter day, 
They left me alone at home. 
 
Heck no. I'm not staying at home. 
 
I decided to take a stroll around Seoul, shop a little, and walk in my favorite park. 
 
A free day without Yongnam oppa- 
I hope. 
 
Grabbing my cross-body bag, I sling it around my body and slip into my white&black flats, making for the outside of this big, empty apartment. 
 
I can't help feeling that today's going to be a lovely day. 
 
Just as I expected, the light air of the late winter's shy wind greets me, splashing its delightfully breezy sensation across my face and body-
I missed this feeling of light airy-ness
Freedom. 
 
Letting out a laugh of freedom, I skip down the stairs of the apartment complex and rushed to my true calling- 
The music shop. 
I haven't been there in so long-
A week doesn't count.
 
Letting my newly gained strength do its job, I wore the best smile I could and walked down the Seoul streets, peeking in every corner here and there. 
I've been living here all my life
I know the ins and the outs
But I always manage to find something new.
That's one thing out of gazillion facts about Seoul.
 
I swiftly moved my light body into the shop, like a feather through a tree branch, and lightly slid to my favorite spot by the corner. 
 
"Ay! Ahn ah!! Where have you been?" Seyun unnie, the manager of the music store, called out.
 
I flashed her a knowing smile and responded back, "I WAS BUSYY~" and continued flowing down the wooden floor to my favorite spot on Earth. 
 
Eh-? 
 
Someone's in my spot.
 
Without thinking, I blurted out, 
"That's my spot-" 
And covered my mouth, realizing how childish I sounded.
 
"It's my spot too-" The guy occupying my spot shifted in my seat, looking up at me. 
 
Another Eh- 
 
He's ... He's the guy from..
 
"Baek Ahn ah-? From the pharmacy?" He asked, surprise embellishing his voice.
 
"Uhh- yeah! You're the guy I bumped into.. How do you know my name?" I questioned rightfully. 
I don't know his- how unfair.
 
"Yeah- Sorry for the rude introduction. My name is Jung Jinyoung, I'm a highschool 2nd year and I know you because I read your school ID nametag. I go to Haneul high school- you go to Haneul middle" He stated, scratching the back of his head hoping Ahn ah didn't find it creepy that he had background info on her.
 
I gladly obliged and we shook hands, I'm actually interested in meeting a school sunbae. 
I remeber seeing him help middle school teachers sometimes down the hallway- 
 
"So this is your spot?" Jinyoung oppa questioned, eyebrows arching in curiosity. 
 
I nodded like a kid, pouting a bit at the dissapointment. 
My spot was cheating on me- 
 
"Uh oh! What do we do? It's my spot too-" Jinyoung oppa jokingly pouted, speaking in a kid's voice.
 
I giggled and shoved him, making him slide from the bean-sack seat to the floor like I am. 
Before I could take the throne, he held me back down to the floor.
 
"If it's both our spots, let's compromise that we won't sit in this throne. Kay?" He confirmed, making the situation fair.
 
I looked around and found an extra bean-sack seat. Dragging it to my spot, I plopped down on it and looked back at Jinyoung oppa.
" Or we could just share the spot-" 
I reasoned, not finding any problems with the whole "share the area" idea.
 
Jinyoung oppa's lips perked up into a sweet smile as he sat on his own bean-sack seat. 
He nodded as an agreement and we shook hands on it. 
 
On the coffee table I use as a footstool, I carved the letters into the wooden desk to confirm the deal. 
JJY + BAA 
I expertly carved, symbolizing the shared area. 
 
"It's an official deal. No invading each other's areas. Kay?" I stated, not necessarily looking for an answer.
 
He shrugged and slipped in an earphone.
"Do I have a choice?" 
He laughed, causing my heart to flutter. 
 
It's been so long since my heart's been light-
Free of burden 
Free of demand.
Free of Yongnam oppa's heavy hand.
(Rhyme time- I'll shut up now)
 
I realized I was spacing out while looking directly at Jinyoung oppa's face, which in fact was looking back to mine, confused expression written all over him.
 
"Uhh- what are you doing?" He asked, slyly creeping up a smile.
 
"Oh- sorry I was spacing out-"
I mumbled, embarrassed of my unconcious action.
 
"Spacing out, thinking about my face?" Jinyoung oppa chuckled, earning a round of shoves from me.
 
After our laugh-fest, I picked up Jinyoung oppa's phone with his glad permission and skimmed through his playlists. 
And also added in my phone number to his contacts on the way ;) 
 
How opposite.. He likes ballad.
Hip-hop and ballad? 
Weird combo...
But we get along so well-
 
"I'm into hip-hop" I blurted out, catching Jinyoung oppa's attention. 
 
"Oh- I'm nowhere near there. As you can see, I'm into the slow-flow type.
I feel like the space between notes speaks for itself-  It moves your heart, cures your pains soothingly, and cries out everything on my heart-" Jinyoung oppa confessed, touching his heart in a warming gesture.
 
With my mouth open at the big gush of his personal emotion, I spilled, 
"I have too much going on with my messed up life. Hip-hop taught me that words can be poured out from inside you- from your soul. 
It frees that cage of limits and proves that you can go beyond everybody's expectations- catch them  off guard." 
 
Unexpectedly, Jinyoung oppa leaned in and pecked my forehead.
What-?
 
"I guess we both feel the same way about music- it frees our pain. Aish- Ahn ah! You're such a cute dongsaeng- an 8th grader with mature feelings~" Jinyoung oppa teased, pinching my cheeks.
 
I swatted his hand away and rubbed my forehead, and realized something-
 
 I didn't flinch.
 
For the first time since Yongnam oppa, I won my battle of habit against the cursed and scarred emotions.
 
Hope surging through my hyped body, I secretely squealed in joy.
I've won- 
Now I can stand up against my pains.
 
Looking at my new friend-oppa, 
I flashed a wide smile of appreciation. 
Inside my mind, I whispered, 
 
"Thank you Jinyoung oppa"
 
 
 
------------------------------
 
 
 
******** Your Story **********
 
"You need this as much as your father did." The mysterious man stated. 
 
"How the hell you know what my father wanted? Last time I checked, he was running away from you" Yongnam spat, hatred embedded in his tone.
 
"It was he who ran away. I did nothing but to tell him the truth. Your mother was dying and there was nothing that could be done." The cold man spoke again, piercing arrows through Yongnam's soft vulnerable spot of his heart.
 
Clenching his fist and grinding his teeth, Yongnam bit back the words he wanted to yell out.
 
"-It's a waste Yongam- just shut up until the man finishes his retarded speaking" he thought to himself, holding back the immensely increading need to explode and take his chances than to let the man blame his dead parents for the right things they did.
 
"You've made progress behind my back I see- selling the leftover drugs under your dead father's name.
Clever- but I know you want more than you speak of yourself to. Rejoin me. Finish our bond- let us succeed together once again." 
He offered a delicious deal.
 
"I've already made this much (yeah he's rich) by selling drugs locally- 
Why not worldwide? 
Then I'd be able to have everything I ever wanted-
I can have Ahn ah. All of her." Yongnam thought.
 
Yongnam nodded, confirming the deal and the man slid a silver case on the desk. 
"Call me Mr.Jung- this is the promised money." 
He spoke, eyeing Yongnam's wavering gaze. 
 
He had succeeded. He can bring back the failing business. He can rid his sick wife and son. 
 
Yongnam was innocent of all the dark secrets- 
Everything was hidden from Yongnam's open sight. 
 
Just as planned.
 
 
** Ahn Ah's Story*****
 
"It's getting late" Jinyoung oppa spoke, glancing out the window of the music cafe shop. 
 
I followed his gaze and realized that it's super dark outside. 
What time is it?!?
 
My phone screen flashes a big 11:04 PM. 
HOLY SHIZzzzz
I'm screwed. 
Jiho and Byunghun would be calling me up- 
 
Wait. 
They would have already called me so many times- 
But I don't have any missed calls.
 
I stare into my silent phone with a whirl of worried emotions. 
 
"Uhh-yeah,Jinyoung oppa! I gotta go! My friends aren't contacting me- and they really should be"
I announced, feeling a little odd. 
 
"Yeah- I have to go too... Mom's not picking up-" Jinyoung oppa spoke softly, glaring into his phone as if predicting all the bad things that could happen. 
 
"I put my number in your phone. Call or text when you need a dongsaeng!!" I shouted as I ran past the exit doors of the music cafe. 
 
"BYE SEYUN UNNIIEE~~" 
I yelled once more and headed out.
 
... Now where can two rascals be at an hour like this? 
 
When I find Jiho and Byunghun, they are going to explain why they aren't home by now. 
 
******* Jinyoung's Story******** 
 
"Pick uppp pick upp" I whined, grabbing my things from the coffee table. My hands rummaged through the desktop, picking up earphones and chargers on the way. 
 
The dial tone rang once more, and that annoying lady's voice responded. 
"I'm sorry but this person has a voicemail that has not been set up yet. Please try again later-" 
 
I hung up and called again- 
Come on mom.
 
Swiping the last wire of one of my musical gadgets, My fingers brush to where Ahn ah and my contract lies. 
 
JJY+BAA
 
I smiled and ran to the exit. 
"THANKS SEYUN NOONNAA~" 
 I screamed, earning a wave from her.
 
I ran like a madaman through the Seoul streets. 
Where are you Mom? 
Are you okay?
 
I find myself holding on to the thin line of hope as I run towards, possibly, danger. 
 
 
---- Author's Note----
 
Kyahh~ 
Few more chapters till Ahn ah wakes up!! What will happeeennnnn?! 
Eheheheh 
My indirect "spoilers" will stop here. 
 
HAPPY READING!! >.<