Flashback - 1

Managing You & Me

 

~~Continued Flashback~~
 
Adorned with dirty pencil smudges, my "freestyle book" pleads for finishing touches to my dragon doodle.  
 
Jiho snatches it up, leaving my determined pencil to make its finishing mark on the desk. 
 
"That's a deformed dragon"
He comments
 
"Thank you Mr.Art Critic"
I snapped back an annoyed reply.
 
"Heads Up!"
 
Byunghun's voice entered the classroom as he tossed two cans of soda hurling towards us. Even before I can do anything, Jiho snatches it up in the air .
 
"Yah! Byunghun! you could've hurt Ahn ah's pretty little face!"
 
I smack my book on Jiho's face as we all crack up. 
 
Opening the soda can, we sigh at the satisfying hiss of the crabonated drink. Smiles appear on us three junk-lovers.
 
I gulped down the cold perfection down, absorbing the sensation in my throat.
Then,
something catches my eye.
 
A person.
 
My gaze was set,locked, and aimed at that one person out of the many in the swarming crowd of the hallway. 
 
I tilt my head in curiosity. 
Who's that guy?
 
_______________________
 
A golden song played from the class bell, signaling dismissal.
 
Jiho slung his arm around my neck as Byunghun handed me my tote bag, all ready to leave the classroom in joy. 
 
Our joy was smushed when we heard ssem's voice.
 
"You three. Stop right there"
 
"Damn" Byunghun hissed under his breath.
 
"Lee Byunghun, Baek Ahn ah, Woo Jiho. Tardies two weeks in a row. Take responsiblity and it's time you troublemakers paid up."
 
Smirks played on our lips of mischief.
 
"What's the price ssem?"
I cooly responded
 
Leaving three mouths hanging open, ssem replied
 
"Acoustics class for as long as you've been tardy. There are no options, no questions, a done deal"
 
Like Byunghun said. Damn.
 
_______________________
 
First time waking up before the sun came out. Before my dorm mates were awake. Before hot water ran out in the showers.
 
Not bad.
 
I pondered over my beautiful leather jacket as ssem's voice echoed in my head.
 
"NO leather, ripped, hooded, doodled, graffitied, or any rebellious looks of clothing shall be permitted."
 
I tore off a bagel and chewed it in anger. Smoothening the cuffs of my plaid shirt, I slung my totebag over my shoulder and lazily headed out of the girl's dormitory.
 
An arm slung around my neck. A familar grin twisted my lips.
 
"Somebody decided to follow the rules today"
I smirked as I saw Jiho and Byunghun both wearing casually mannered clothes. 
 
I swung my arms around their miserable mischief-longing heads and we headed to the awaiting acoustics class.
 
We froze in front of the class door. 
I swallowed a lump in my throat as I slid the cold wooden door.
 
The teacher's attacking voice welcome us. 
"The mischief trio. Welcome to acoustics class. step up right here , yes here in front and center, and introduce yourselves."
 
I shook my head, knowing my two dorkfaces won't go up first.
 
"Hey . my name's Ahn ah. I'm a freestyle lover. I'm new to this class, obviously, and please look after me guys! Thank you!"
 
Short and clear. not too much fluff in my intro.
I slid into an empty seat.
 
"My name's Byunghun, most of you know me as L.joe from Teentop. (Squeals from girls) 
Take care of me. Kay? (More squeals from girls)"
 
I held out a fist for him to bump. 
So proud he didn't spit out any weird words.
 
"I'm Jiho, Zico from Blockb (oohing and ahhing from students) 
Freestyle's my game, rap's my playground. Cool to meet you all."
 
He trudged into a seat near Byunghun and me. 
 
"Okay. Nice intros guys. We will officially start class now!" 
Ssem's voice started our first day of acoustics class. 
 
I reached for the textbook, only to collide with another hand. 
My gaze snapped upto the owner of the hand, who sat next to me, and softend as his eyesmile clicked something in my head. 
 
"Hey. I'm Jinyoung"
His words brought me out to reality. Sliding the textbook towards me, he gave me another thought-triggering smile. 
 
.... The person from the hallway yesterday. 
My thoughts clicked together and I remebered his gaze-stealing face. It was the person who caught my rare attention.
 
"I'm Ah..n Ahn ah" I stupidly stuttered. Did my tounge decide to finally make me an official retard today? 
 
Then something clicked. A bigger click then the ones before. As if a puzzle was solved. My mouth let out words before my conciousness caught on. 
"B1A4 right?"
 
His eyes widen.
"How did you know? We didn't even debut yet! Even the teaser pictures aren't out!"
 
My long search of entertainment companies to audition for came useful. I just lightly smirked.
"I get around" 
 
He gave me his natural eye smile and turned the page of my textbook to the right number. 
 
_______________________
 
"♪♪ Ding dong daeng dong ♪♪"
 
The class bell rung throughout the school. I stretched my scrunched up self and I caught Jiho's visibly troubled face.
 
"What's wrong? Acoustics-feel killing your rebellious insides?"
 
His lip turned into the known-all-too-well grin and spoke "I have subway competition in twenty minutes."
 
Jiho competed in the subway rapping competition for as long as I've known. As far as I know, he's the best in the whole area. 
 
"Jiho. you'll do awesome as always. Go scare them rookie rappers! Fighting!"
 
I shouted as he waved goodbye and slipped out of the class.
 
I turn my head around and see all the girl classmates swarming around Jinyoung and his beautiful guitar melodies. 
I rolled my eyes and swiveled my body back towards Byunghun.
 
That's my dozer. Byunghun can doze off anywhere, anytime.
 
I tapped my fingers in a rhythm against his unconcious forehead as he muttered out dream-infused words. 
 
"A..Ah..n Ah.. Ahnn.. Ah"
 
My lips twisted into a smile.
I hit him with a pop of my fingers as he woke up and grasped his pained forehead.
 
"What was that for?"
 
Hearing me break into a giggle, Byunghun tilted his head in confusion. 
 
"Class is over sleepy-head! Leggo!"
 
So we were walking down the hallways , heading to the empty classroom of 298. 
It's our hangout. Somewhere we are by ourselves. 
Psh no we aren't stealing a room or anything.. Maybe...
 
He suddenly stopped, making me bump into him
"Yah!" I snapped.
"Ahn ah! I just remebered I have to go to work! Teentop is suppose go assemble for work.. Hehe.."
He uneasily muttered. 
I stared at him through the annoyed slits of my eyes as I said "mmkay" more casually the I felt.
 
So I'm here alone. In an empty room, drowning myself with ear-splitting volume of hip hop music.
 
Beside the fact that anything would be inaudible to my earbud jamme ears, I heard the opening slide of the door of empty class 298. 
 
My sight ends up on Jinyoung. He replies back with a confused look towards me. 
I slid out my earphones and paused my song.
 
"I thought nobody knew of this class" Jinyoung spoke.
 
"Ha.. My friends and I thought that too. I guess we can share a secret." I replied blankly.
 
He closed the door behind him and walked towards the windowsill I was sitting on.
The wide windowsill, big enough to be a mini-couch, held both of us as we stared down at the school field.
 
I broke the thin line of cold silence
"So how did you find this place?"
 
" I got l..lost Haha. It was my freshmen year."
 
I giggled. "Same here. My friends and I were marked as the mischief trio ever since."
 
He smiled and said, "You don't look like you have that tough side."
 
I grinned my evil grin.
 
"I may not be tough but I'm hard-core. If you want to see my bad side, bring it."
 
He motioned a "woah" sign and I broke into a smile.
 
"So Jinyoung. What are your interests?"
 
"Girls?" 
 
I rolled my eyes.
 
"Not human interests, I meant musical interests. We are sitting in a music school you know."
 
He blushed in sudden embarrassment.
"Ah. Of course. I'm into ballads,pop, and acoustics. I love all the soft emotions it brings."
 
How opposite.
"I'm into freestyle rapping, hiphop, and the hardcore shi....p"
I covered myself from expressing language. Unexpected words almost blurted itself out.
 
His eyes widen and he breaks out into laughter. 
"Ahn Ah. it's okay. I don't mind."
 
My blushing face stuttered out laughs.
 
He continued, "So opposites attract right?" and held out a fist for me to bump. 
 
Bumping our fists together, we laughed through the now-not-so-empty classroom of 298.
 
___________________________
 
"I'll be going now. See you next time?"
Jinyoung said as he slung his guitar on his shoulder.
 
I nodded with a smile. I made a new friend today. 
"I have to wait here for my friend. Have a safe walk back home Jinyoung!" 
 
I saw Jinyoung's face turn towards mine with a smile as he slid the classroom door shut.
 
It's empty again but definitely less lonely. 
Ten minutes later, I caught a sight of Jiho and Byunghun rushing towards this room. 
 
Their panted to catch up to their staggered breaths and Jiho grinned, "I won again Ahn ah! I can officially prove to the BlockB members that I got them skills."
 
"The king lives once again!"
I congratulated him.
 
Byunghun said with excitement embedded in his tone, "Teentop's making a new comeback soon!"
 
I raised my hand up with no words. He slapped my open palms back. 
 
My friends are on a roll. 
We were born to succeed.
 
What did I succeed in?
 
Making a new friend.
A really good friend.
I'd say its an impressive success.
 
"Why are you so giddy Ahn ah?"
Byunghun asked in curiosity.
 
"I made a new friend guys!"
 
"He's a guy isn't he? When will you ever get your gal-friends?"
Jiho smirked.
 
I reflected his smirk on my face as we headed out.
 
So long classroom 298. You'll see me again soon.