Flashback - 2

Managing You & Me

 

 
~~Continued Flashback~~
 
After school,
I ran to classroom 298.
 Wondering if he'll be there today with a doubt hinting me no.
 I had 7 classes today. 
Probably not. 
 
"You're late"
 
A wide grin appeared on my face as I hear the welcoming voice of Jinyoung.
 
"Did you wait long?" 
I asked as my feet stepped across the floor towards him.
 
"Would you feel bad if I said yes?"
 
I jokingly pouted and said "Yes"
 
He ruffled my hair and the bright grin appeared on his lips. 
 
Ever since when we first met  in classroom 298, Jinyoung and I met together and rehearsed our music here. Everyday afterschool. 
It's more exciting than school itself.
I kind of come to school for this. 
Classroom 298 became sort of our thing now. I knew Jiho and Byunghun would totally roll their "betrayed" eyes at me, but I can't stop smiling on how it feels so right.
 
"Ahn ah."
 
Jinyoung said my name as I lifted my sight from the floor to his face. 
"Hmmm?" 
 
He softly smiled and said, 
"I'm going to sing you a song. I wrote it for my debut album. Tell me if it's good or not."
 
I enthusiastically nodded as a grin plopped itself on my already impressed face.
 
"The title is Bling girl. Don't laugh. She shines okay?"
 
I swallowed a snicker, forcing it down as it dangerously tickled my throat to make a laugh.
 
"Oh~ I want to try to talk to you
I'm nervous and trembling 
It's so awkward 
I always watched over you 
But today you're just so pretty
Oh baby~"
 
(Skip to chorus *too much to translate.. Me and my lazy self kekeke*) 
 
"You're my love, oh baby my bling girl, bling girl, I know I'm not good enough for you, But I can't do anything about my heart that's pointing towards you~~"
 
He ended his sweet song.
"It's still in progress. I got that much."
 
My voice froze in pure surprise. Then I forcibly coughed to make it speak.
 
"Jinyoung.. That's good! I think it's the first romantic cute song I heard without wanting to hurl or curl my toes!"
 
Damn my mouth.
 
He tilted his head in disbelief and confusion and let out an gwaffed "Eh?"
 
I pressed my hands on my mouth so it wouldn't speak. It betrayed me once again as I spoke, "It's a compliment."
 
He smiled, then broke into a chuckle.
I laughed with him.
Classroom 298 rung with happy giggling throughout the day.
 
________________________
 
Jinyoung glanced at his watch and looked up at me with a worried expression. 
 
"Ahn ah, I gotta go. I have something coming up."
 
Catching the seriousness in his tone, I quickly nodded and said okay.
Lastly, he smiled at me once again before leaving.
My heart's warmth followed his absence as he zipped by me, out the door. 
 
Why am I feeling so lonely?
My thoughts became blank again as I was left alone in the empty classroom.
 
Lights filling up every corner of the Seoul street, I tossed my head back with my earbuds jammed in my ears. 
 
I lightly hummed to Jiho's mixtape he made. He gave it to me specially saying that when his solo albums come out, I'll already have his special songs. He's so talented and I'm proud to say Zico's one of my two best friends. 
 
Feeling the ringing of my phone, I pulled out my earbuds and checked who the other line is. 
"L.dork"
It's Byunghun.
 
"Hello?"
 
I picked up.
 
"Turn around retard"
 
I turned around with an annoyed but unconciously excited face.
 
My phone dropped from my ear as I saw that freakishly familar rascal's face. 
 
Without thinking anything, I ran to him with arms wide open and embraced him in my hold. 
 
"Ah.Ahn Ah!"
 
His startled voice made me squeeze his back harder with my hands. He wrapped his arm around my back too and with the other, ruffled my hair.
 I was so glad to see my best buddy. I watched his smile turn into a grin as I loosened my hold. 
 
"Where were you L.joe- ssi*? Busy with your fangirls?" I jokingly fluttered my lashes, imitating all them "Angels", psh more like devils.
 
He shoved my shoulder away, both of us cracking up in laughter. 
 
"Yeah. I was busy . Being an idol means more than having this pretty face ya know~!"
He said, gesturing to his ""beautiful"" face. He's such a pretty boy, all full of himself.
 
My lips turned up into a smirk. I slapped his gesturing hand and verbally attacked, "What? but Niel sings all the parts! All you did was whisper the last sentences in Supa Luv!" 
 
His mouth turned into a pout and looked at me with sarcasm- filled hurt eyes. 
 
We laughed as we walked together the streets of Seoul in a friendly, warm pace.
 
_________________________
 
****Jiho's Story****
 
"What?!" 
I yelled across the room , gathering surprised stares and a cold look from his company's boss.
 
"The conclusion is final. You don't get a saying in this Jiho. I'm doing this for the best of Blockb."
 
Boss got the guts to say that?! Right in front of Mino's freakin face?!?! 
 
My friend's eyes were almost to the point of tears. He never cries. 
 
I loudly snapped back 
 
"Boss! How is kicking Mino out of our group for success?! All he worked for, the reason we could stand here, you're just kicking him out because he just DOESN'T fit the image? Blockbuster should be more than the pretty boys dressed up as girls and all that crappy sh!t . We are made of skills boss! Mino is the one who belongs here more than any of the members!"
 
Mino looked at me with pained eyes.
 
Damn. This just ain't right.
 
Boss calmly replied, " Jiho. Mino wanted this too.We agreed to take Mino out and put Jihoon (P.O) and Jaehyo in. You know Han Hae left to sacrifice for the company! "
 
My teeth grinded with so much force, my gums started to hurt. My fist stopped circulating blood long time ago. Park Kyung stood there with the same pose as me, anger filling both our eyes. 
 
It was suppose to be me, Kyung, Ukwon, Hanhae, and Mino for Blockbuster. Now they wanted to put  half of us out and make a 7-member group.. Just cuz of "image".
 
image. 
I ran outside, slamming the door behind me, trying to escape the fact that Mino just stood there, took it all, and was about to leave our lives. Just like Hanhae.
 
***end of Jiho's Story***
 
[A.N - For non BBCs, BlockB was about to debut as a 5 member group named Blockbuster. Mino and Hanhae dropped out of the group for personal reasons and made BlockB a 7 member group. 
*you can see the proof on BlockB & B1A4's MTV Match Up* ]
________________________
 
I sat waiting as Byunghun brought my usual, strawberry smoothie. 
 
We came to another one of our usual hangouts, the café.
It was weird not having Jiho with us , him lapping up his coffee frappuchino with his plump lips like a kid. 
Byunghun slurped the vanilla bean frapp, while I was off the whip cream off my strawberry one.
 
"Jiho's not texting me back either"
Byunghun sighed, dropping his phone. 
 
He hasn't recieved both of our calls nor our texts. 
 
The slumped mood washed over our worried minds. 
 
"You think he's okay? He'll be here .. Right?"
 I stared at Jiho's favorite coffee frapp we ordered, just in case he comes.
 
"I don't know. Something's really odd though" 
Byunghun said , brushing his hand through his hair. 
 
"Ding!" 
 
I heard the unusual opening of the café door, and my sight landed on my sickeningly depressed friend.
 
"Jiho!!"
 
I yelped in glee as my buddy did come. 
 
Something's off.
 
Byunghun and I exchanged the knowing glances. We both noticed that he's.. Not like him.
 
"Jiho? What's wrong?" I softly whispered. 
 
His eyes looked up towards mine and my own eyes grew wide, seeing his emotional tears.
 
My hands flew to his cheeks, wiping the tears off.
 I poked the straw of his drink through his lips as he drank without thought.
Then, he slumped his head on my shoulder as he cried and sobbed.
 
Byunghun's eyes were as big as mine. Our tough guy was crying.
This is like the 2nd time we saw him cry in my whole life. Once because his home was almost taken by the bank, and now.
 
I rubbed Jiho's back and softly said words of comfort. He calmed down after a LONG awkward time. 
 
Byunghun slightly gave a light punch on Jiho's arm as he lifted his head off from my soaked shoulder. 
 
Byunghun's worried eyes were met with mine and we were silently glad he came to us without running away , or doing anything almost dangerous like last time. 
 
We walked Jiho home as he silently trudged on along, obviously his head is filled with depressing thoughts. Not as much as before though, thankfully.
 
Byunghun and I kept our lips , throats shut and closed to let out friend have his moment.
 
He thanked us blankly and went upto his house. 
 
Byunghun and I let him go, seeing he's better now.
 
He put out his hand and I put mine in his jokingly, he held it tight as we went back to our own homes. 
 
The night darkend and we walked along the still-so-bright streets of Seoul. 
 
_______________________
 
** Jiho's Story ***
 
Ahn ah's hands were magic. She wiped off my tears and my head was cleared of the imaginary exaggeration of my sadness.
Everything was sort into order, knowing Mino will be fine like Hanhae is. We'll see each other again. BlockB will succeed, and I will do it in honor of my two dear friends,Mino and Hanhae. 
My life rolls on.
 
My pain in my heart was filled with Byunghun and Ahn ah, they are always there for me. Now I'm afraid I'll have to leave them soon. 
Same with Byunghun. 
 
...I'm sorry Ahn ah....
 
***end of Jiho's Story***
 
"Bye L.dork!" I snickered as I held the doorknob of my dorm room.
 
He chuckled back with that evil grin of his.
We were both thinking how he would sneak out the girls' dorm building he already ,right now, snuck into. 
 
Then, his grin dissapeared and his eyes wandered off from mine. Feeling a heavy burden load itself on my heart,
I caught a whiff that anything he would say now will break my heart. Knowing him too well, it's an advantage and a disadvantage.
 
"Bring it"
I bitterly smiled.
 
He took a deep breath, signaling he's going to say everything in one go..
Prepare yourself Baek Ahn ah.
 
"Ahn ah. I might not be able to hang out as often with you now. We knew this would come sometime right? Jiho too. You know we can't be seperated. We're the best forever. " 
 
Then, he remained silent for me to fill in the "mystery" gaps of his words of the painful clue.
 
Byunghun managed to utter out the words I have tried oh-so-hard to avoid all this time. The bomb I knew was coming towards me finally landed, and detonated, leaving a painful burning mark on my heart right now.
 
I swallowed a sob, nodded my empty head, held back a tear, and smiled at him. I gathered the last bit of lingering strength in me.
 
"Just in case Byunghun, Good luck." 
I hugged him on his neck.
Holding back the struggling tear, thinking this is the last time I'll see him for a long while. 
 
He whispered in my ear ,"with your amazing self, heck, you'll be more famous than us Ahn ah. We'll see each other soon. I promise."
 
We loosend our hug and I gave him a goodbye grin. Painfully, but I managed.
 
I headed inside my dorm before I ran to him like a child, having caught a glimpse of a tear escaping him. 
 
So the mischievious trio decided today will be our cry-fest day.
 
Pains in all three of our hearts. 
 
We all have those days right?