Two Cheesecakes

Managing You & Me

 

 
"Ahn ah~ Are you free today?"
Daehyun asked like a little kid. 
 
"What's up with the sudden child act Daehyun?" I questioned, knowing that something's up.
 
We were at my house, taking a chill time. Dance practice today was VERY tiring. Daehyun oppa took a shower first and came over while all the other B.A.P oppas were taking showers. 
 
"Nothiinngg~" he avoided my suspicions and let out a respond of pure "innocence"
 
"Did you eat my cheesecake collection again?" I growled, knowing that it's his special time to time hobby - or should I say talent, to up my precious cheesecakes like a vortex. 
I shot a suspicious glance at the fridge and Daehyun. 
 
"N..nO!" He protested, hands waving in denial. 
"It's always tempting though- you got new cheesecakes?!?"
He exclaimed, the glint of hungry Daehyun flashing in his eyes.
 
I quickly shook my head as a "no", for that boy is more than capable of harming my supply of desserts. 
 
"So~ why did you ask me if I was free?" I slyly asked, eyesbrows dancing as a sign of mockery. 
 
"Oh.. Just cuz.." He trailed off, blankly eyeing the floor. 
 
So today had to be the day he asks, because I do have something to do- something very important. 
 
------------------------------------
 
"Sorry for all this time I took up. I never worked decently. I'm ashamed in wasting your time bos- ahem , Ex-boss" I sighed as I handed him my resignation letter. 
 
"You managing B1A4 was the fun we had in years. It was our pleasure and honor to have such a happy machine like you entertain and work for us. "
He said as he took the letter and looked up at me. 
 
I just gave him a shy smile, feeling guilt's whisper lingering in my heart. 
 
"-And the boys will be expecting a goodbye. I won't let you resign without saying decent goodbyes to them. Arrasso* Miss Baek?"
He stated, confirming this challenge.
 
I nodded in response, knowing fully of the duties I have to fill before I officially leave this part of my life. 
 
There must be ends to every beginning, even if it's just starting. 
 
Those ends consist of heartbreaks, heartaches, and -farewells.
 
I drag my heavy feet to face what I feared the most- the farewells.
Eyes resting upon the doors I have become familiar to, the thought of having to say goodbye was unbearable. 
 
"Ahn ah!!" 
Gongchan oppa's cheery voice welcomed me. I'm going to miss him. 
 
I raised my sorrow-weighted head and brought into all of B1A4's realizations that my eyes were rimmed with tears. 
 
"Haha...ha" I slightly let out a distorted laugh. 
 
"Ahn..ah? Are you-"
Sandeul oppa questioned with a concerned look on his face, followed by the rest of the oppas.
 
Looking up into his brown eyes, I remebered how he cheered me up at the park. All the memories I gained, all the memories I wish to lose.
 
I heard a bitter gasp from Jinyoung and Baro oppa. 
 
We all knew what my teary eyes and no reply in this situation meant. 
I was officially resigning from my job. Resigning away from their lives.
 
"Oh no...Ahn ah..."
Gongchan oppa's eyes reflected mine, bonding our looks together with tears of sadness. 
He wrapped his arms around me and sighed. CNU and Sandeul oppa joined the embrace and Jinyoung and Baro oppa clung onto our group hug.
 
I started my farewell.
" i..I'm so sorry I'm leaving like this and I'm sorry I waltzed into your lives and I'm waltzing out. I hope Mee ju makes a wonderful manager and that you guys will shine like you always do. 
Let's Fly B1A4! Hwaiting!"
 
We all teared up as I spoke our team chant. Let's Fly-
 
"Okay, so before I leave, let's confess everything." 
I spoke, trying to cheer up the mood.
 
We joked like we always did, carrying a heavy realization that this might be the last time we can do this together.
 
And now time has come to an end. 
" Oppas, I'll be going now. This is the last of your manager-donsaeng you'll be seeing~" I said as I courtsied in a funny manner. I waved my final goodbye before heading to the door.
 
My hands found their way to Jinyoung's shirt. I tugged at it, signaling him it's time.
 
All this time,
I knew something was wrong- 
And I might have guessed it.
He found new love when I was "gone".
I just needed to hear it from him. 
 
"You found your savior haven't you oppa?" I whispered , audible to only his ears. 
His eyes met my teary ones. 
I showed him a sincere smile, glad that somebody was there for him when I wasn't.
 
He nodded, unable to tell anymore lies. He took my hand and dragged me to an empty office. I followed, knowing that he'll now tell me everything.
 
"Ahn ah. I'm so sorry but my heart found its place after you were gone . I .. I didn't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to face you anymore. Mee ju threatened me that she'll tell you all your memories you lost and I had to oblige to her. 
If you remebered, you.. You were supposed to die. I can never risk that.  I love you Ahn ah . But now, my heart says something else... It needs to be mended by someone else.. " 
He spilled, love and honesty embedded in the spoken truth.
 
"I'm glad someone was there for you when I wasn't me anymore. I'm glad that you're happy. I'm happy for you oppa." I whispered, almost as if telling this to myself. 
 
"Thank you" I said for the last time. 
 
And with that, I disappeared through the empty room door.
 
-------------------------------------
 
Lying down in my bed,  my earbuds are blasting on full with music. 
B.A.P oppas' song ,Coma , was repeating itself for the nth time. 
 
This song- it defined me so well. 
 
I can't move anymore - in the darkness
I can't feel anymore - tears are falling down 
I'm trapped in a memory called you
No- 
Please hold my hand right now 
So I can wake up 
Please don't go 
 
..................... 
So I can wake up from my sick flashbacks... So I can wake up from the past. 
 
*Knock knock*
 
I rolled off my bed to the front door. 
"Who is it?" I mumble, having predictions to who it is. 
I swung open the door,  seeing the exact face I had predicted it to be- 
 
Jung Daehyun. 
 
"Yes Daehyun. May I help you? Other than food?" I asked, eyebrow arched up, and a hand on my hip.
 
"First, you might wanna go put some clothes on other than yoga shorts" 
He coughed, clearing his throat at my over exposure of skin. 
 
I thought home was where you can let  your body breathe freely. 
 
"Then we can go have some - FUN!"
He exclaimed, pushing me inside my house. He ushered me into my closet and threw clothes at me. 
 
Oh here we go - 
 
After getting changed and picking up loose bits of my heart, we headed out into the crisp city air of Seoul city. 
 
Oh dear Daehyun. 
"Wha..what are you planning on doing?"
I lazily asked, annoyed at the fact that he actually succeeded in getting me to walk. 
 
"I'd be lying if I said it's nothing right?" 
He smirked, mischeivious  rebel image smothered on his face. 
 
I gave him a light shove on his shoulders and we laughed as we trudged on along the sidewalk. 
 
Ever since... Jinyoung, Daehyun's the first to lighten my heart up in the darkest places. Whenever I'm feeling down and miserable, he always managed to be there by my side. 
 
I guess it's just me missing Jiho and Byunghun... We haven't seen each other since... the last time.. Which was.. Umm... Uhhrr... the hospital! Yeah ! The hospital! 
 
I wonder how they are doing.... 
 
I toss my head back and glance sideways to Daehyun, who has his eyes glued to every building on the street, eyes searching for his love - cheesecake.
 
Laughing softly, I grab his arms and drag him to where I know a delicious cheesecake is. 
 
I don't even have to wonder if I'll be okay. When Daehyun's by me, I'm always okay. 
 
Why would I not be okay? Oh, because I'm taking him to the cafe. 
The cafe in my memories, the cafe of my highschool life. The place where I relied on for comfort. 
 
But hey- what can I do? They have the best cheesecake and it's close by. Oh how I love you fate.
 
"Where are we going? Where are we going? Where are we going?"
Daehyun probed, repeating the freaking question for the umpteenth time.  
 
"The cheesecake heaven. So shut your mouth and follow me" I muttered, cautious of people catching us - an idol star and a mere trainee- walking down Seoul streets together. 
 
Yeah. We are KIND of in a desguise but it's worth nothing when it comes to teen fans. They are the main predetors of kpop stars. From stalkers to spammers, they are the main obstacles of our private lives. 
 
Of course they'll notice Daehyun soon with his mask on. It's not going to take them long to realize I'm TS ent's new trainee, for boss already spread the word of a mystery new girl star. 
 
But I don't care- as long as Daehyun oppa gets to try the best cheesecake. 
 
There- my eyes land upon the familiar structure of the cafe. 
 
Oh how I missed this place.
 
I look back at Daehyun oppa with a smile, gesturing to the cafe. 
"It's this place!" 
I squealed, letting go of my tight grasp on oppa's arm. 
 
His face lit up, thinking of the wonderous cheesecake. 
 
We both walked it, as silently as possible. Let me do the math for you : Public place + Celebrities = instagram spams.
Public place + two celebrities of opposite gender seeming to have a good time = CAPPOOSSSHH they are doomed from each other's fans.
 
Yeah. It's that bad. 
(Of course you would know ;3 )
 
At the cash register, I was waiting for Daehyun oppa to choose his cheesecake. He had to be careful and precise, well, cuz cheesecakes are his babys. (....Not referring to fandom name keke).  
 
He pointed to the chocolate and the strawberry one. I nodded and ordered, paying for two cheesecakes and two bubble teas I chose. I wuv bubble teas >.< 
 
Leaning back against the spot I stood all the time to pick up my orders, out of people's sights, my eyes automatically closed and listened to the cafe's playlist. Ironically, B1A4's song , "Tried to Walk" was on. 
 
All my remebered memories here flooded back.
 
"Aish" I muttered as a tear escaped my eyes. Why now? 
I thought I'd be okay. 
 
Before I could catch my tear, soft hands caught it and wiped it off my reddening cheeks. 
 
"Oppa?" I almost whispered, looking up into Daehyun oppa's worried eyes. 
 
"It's okay Ahn ah. You don't have to hold back. If you want to cry, just cry! Ahn ah, you are really really - stupid." He "cheered" me up. 
 
"Geez.. Thanks oppa" I sobbed, holding back any loud childlike cries from my hiccuping throat. 
 
Daehyun oppa just stood there and caught all my tears, soothing my heart with sweet words of comfort. 
 
I knew I'd be okay with Daehyun oppa. 
 
"Order number 29!" 
Our order number was called and Daehyun oppa told me to get a seat while he got the order.
 
I nodded and trudged my feet to where it automatically led- the isolated booth by the window. 
 
The window I gazed out of, full of longing thoughts. 
 
My hands flew over the wood markings I made as I slid into the seat. 
 
B+A+J= forever
 
Byunghun, Ahn ah, Jiho forever. 
We each carved each other's nicknames everywhere, which still amazingly remained. It was as if I was reading a part of my life, the past chapters (lol... Chapterss pshhh)  reminding me about all the precious moments I try so hard to forget everyday. 
 
"Ahn ah! You were right! These are magical cakes!!!" Daehyun oppa exclaimed, carrying the tray of yummies with a fork hanging from his mouth.
 
He slid into the seat in front of me and I caught a full view of his loving gaze toward the cheesecakes. 
 
"I call the strawberry one!" 
I gleefully responded, snapping out of my sappy flashbacks and sulking reminiscenes.
 
Daehyun oppa smirked with his famously (literally) lopsided grin, portraying that mischievious B.A.P side of him. 
"Then I rightfully own the strawberry bubble tea" he debated.
 
Arm for an arm they say. 
 
So we made our compromises, which soon broke as I stole his chocolate cheesecake and he drank my mango bubble tea. 
 
"Ha- ha!" I said as I landed my strawberry cheesecake smothered fork on his cheeks. 
He countered by rocketing his chocolate cheesecake glops on my nose. 
 
We laughed through the mini food-war, trying our best to not catch any unwanted attention from others. 
 
Not in a time like this - when a special memory is being written in our hearts. 
 
Finishing our yummy goodies, not necessarily all going to our stomachs, we were pretty full and happy. 
 
The sunlight seeped through the window and caught Daehyun oppa's face, outlining all his facial features. 
 
I silently gaped at his perfection, the mark under his eye , the pleasantly plump lips, to his deep eyes that spoke of hopes and dreams.
 
 Oh- he still had cake on his cheeks. 
 
A shy smile crept up my lips as I unconciously grabbed a napkin and wiped the remaining cake off his cheeks. He looked up, glancing at the napkin and me. 
 
"Aish Ahn ah! That's a waste of perfectly B.A.P'ed cheesecake!" 
He whined jokingly and got up and slid in to the seat next to me. 
 
"Don't move"
 
He whispered huskily , paralyzing me and memerzing my heart. 
 
I felt myself oblige to his magically effective command. 
 
His lips landed on top of my nose, where remaining parts of the food fight marked its place. 
 
His lips.
 
Then, I felt something warm and soggy wipe away all remaining parts of the mess.
It glided soothingly upon the facial feature. 
 
I was unconsiously breathing in Daehyun oppa's sweet breaths, blowing gently on my nose.
 
My face grew hot. 
Daehyun oppa is- 
my nose. 
 
After all cakey substances off of my nose, he pulled back and smiled at me. 
 
"There- now you're clean. Nothing went to waste." 
He laughed, taking a moist towelette and swiping my nose, clean of spit and cake. 
 
My throat locked itself, still paralyzed of what just happend.
WHATTHEHELLWHATHAPPENDJALIQHPOWLCNXJALRIQUXBCJCKAPEUFNQLDPVJWNCJW
 
My head spun, confused and dazed.....in a .... good way. 
 
The crimson colors on my face lingered, my frozen remained on the seat . 
My widened gaze followed Daehyun oppa as he went to the food disposal station, stacking all our empty plates. 
He dusted his hands together and made his way back to my still frozen self.
 
"Let's go!" He said, grabbing my limp hand.
Crackling electricity sparked up through his grasp.
A gasp came through my throat, still replaying the feeling of oppa's tounge on my nose. 
 
WHATTHEFUKKXLQPFIXNVLALFJWOCKLAIRNSLCOWJFLWPVJW
 
^ that's how my head looks like right now. 
 
-----------------------------------
 
*** Daehyun's Story ****
 
What in the name of heavly cheescakes just came over me? 
 
I was just going to wipe off the cake on her nose- and BOOM 
 
My thoughts had to command my stupid tongue to do what it said. 
 
Ahn ah was startled for sure, for she is still frozen, being carried by our entwined hands. 
 
Heartbeats acclerated into unbelievable speeds and I'm not blind. I know what this feeling is- 
 
Love. 
 
Tinglings danced from head to toe. Why am I realizing this just now? Ahn ah's not the stupid one, I am. 
 
I turn around to see her and forgot that she's in a trance, mostly from my retarded tongue. 
 
She walked right into me, bumping and gasping, waking up from her state of paralyzation.
 
Her sursprised eyes met mine, causing my fast heartbeats to race for more, on the edge of running out of my chest. 
 
She didn't stop staring at me, even when I turned my gaze away. 
I cleared my throat to announce the awkardness, but I couldn't deny the fact that - I love her. 
 
Glancing back to her face, her expression was changed from flustered into a terrified one. 
 
"Run" 
She spoke. 
Clear and loud. 
 
I didn't have to ask any questions, for it was answered by screams and sqeals of - 
"DAEHYUN OPPPA!!!!! Kyahhh!"
 
My feet pulled forward, knowing never to underestimate the speed of fangirls. They are wild cheetahs. 
I love BABYs to death, but in a situation like this, they have the WORST timing. 
 
Yet, there isn't a right timing in an idol life.
 
My hand was still tangled up with Ahn ah's. Her grip only got stronger as we ran like maniacs away from "OPPA!!!WHO'S THAT GIRLL?!! KAYYHHHH!  GET HER!!!" 
 
Her adrenaline-rushed eyes glanced at the histerically laughing oppa. (Me. She was looking at me)
 
"Jung Daehyun! It's not the time to laugh!" She screamed, pulling me into a tight space between two buildings. We squirmed inwards, which turned into a wider street and caught our distorted breaths. 
 
The swarm of fangirls passed our hiding spot. 
 
Phew. I almost died.
 
"YAH! I DON'T THINK THAT WAS DAEHYUN OPPA! HE DOESN'T WEAR A HOODIE LIKE THAT!"
I heard a faint screech of a BABY.
 
Thank you, whoever you are. 
Well- the fact that you don't stalk me AS much... 
 
She knew what kind of hoodies I wore.... Scratch that.
 
After sensing that the coast is clear, I snickered, and it grew into a hysterical laugh. 
 
"Daehyun oppa, I..don't..think.. This istherighttime.. To .. Laugh" 
Ahn ah panted between breaths. 
 
"Daehyun oppa!!" I waved my hands frantically in front of her face, immitating the fangirls. 
 
Then, she started to crack up.
We both fell down to the concrete ground, laughing our butts off. 
 
Even in the midst of sweating, panting, and miserable laughing,
I never failed to catch Ahn ah's natural beauty. 
 
The crisp wind blew through us, settling her loose hair away from her golden skin. I never liked pale girls filled with plastic that displayed corrupted personalities. 
 
Ahn ah is different. A new painting to be cared upon, perfect music to be listened to. A crystal clear piece to my heart. 
 
When she entered my life a year ago, I just saw her as a dongsaeng, a friend, an inspiration to my dreams.
 
I never realized that I'd come to the point where -
 
I love her.
 
------------------------------------
(A.N - when there's no _____'s Story labeled, it's your POV or Ahn ah's POV)
 
"That's why you don't go outside without permission." 
Boss stated, turning his computer in the direction of the wonder-struck B.A.P members and a girl who was whining in the midst of them. 
 
"I'm sorry boss. It was my idea to-" The girl spoke, only to be caught off by Daehyun's pinching of her arm. 
 
"OW!" the girl yelped, shooting a glare to Daehyun. 
 
Daehyun replied with an innocent smile and mouthed "It's not your fault stupid!" 
 
Youngjae's jaws remained dropped to the floor, along with all the other B.A.P members.
 
Boss was showing them the newly uploaded pictures on B.A.P's main fan blog, now filled with captured pictures of Daehyun and Ahn ah running, holding hands. 
 
"N..Noona.. Tell me this isn't TRUE!" Zelo pleaded, denial planted in his eyes. 
 
The girl sighed, trying another attempt of explanation. 
"Okay, so Daehyun oppa and I got hungry after dance practice. So WE decided to go to eat cheesecakes. WE didn't realize we would be recognized." 
 
Emphasizing "WE" as best as possible to not get pinched by Daehyun, Ahn ah sighed, pleased at her explanation.
 
"I'll let you guys off the hook for today. You're lucky I'm in a good mood today Ahn ah! You have a new vocal coach and a rap coach.  Since nothing's official, I got somebody you can easily be friends with. The guys are both idols. It's luck that you have an alto voice. They are thrilled to meet you."
Boss stated, leaving all 7 pairs of eyes widening in the sudden information. 
 
"Excuse me boss, did you say THEY? HE? Who?!" Daehyun screamed in protest. 
 
"The vocal coach is Jinyoung of B1A4 and the rap coach is Zico from Block B. I'd say I got Ahn ah exemplary coaches. No exuses, no arguments. They are going to train you. I made official deals with their company representatives.
 
Ahn ah and Daehyun's eyes were about to pop out from their sockets. 
 
Ahn ah brought a trembling hand to her face, trying to cover the exposed feelings. 
 
She stormed out of the room, her running feet audible to all the confused ones that remained in the room. Confused except one- Daehyun. 
 
"Boss! How could you- " 
Daehyun stopped, knowing it's useless if he tried to stop boss's plans. 
 
Daehyun ran after to catch Ahn ah. 
 
Meanwhile, a bitter smile was carved into leader Bang Yongguk's face. 
 
"Zico... We meet again"
Yongguk thought, reminding himself of their underground rapping history.
 
-------------------------------------------
[ Fact - it will help you to know. 
Keke 
 
Okay guys, so there's "underground" rapping and "overground" rapping. 
 
These terms aren't used much anymore but it's seperated into two categories, underground and mainstream. 
 
Underground rapping is rapping we DON'T see on TV and the rap lyrics display hatred and wrong of the society. Usually not widely known to the mass.They rap in clubs. Haha 
 
 Mainstream is the rappers we do see on TV. Many "mainstream" rappers we see today are from "underground" but many decide to stay "underground".
 
And then there's Overground, which is the opposite of Underground. They try to let the mass know. Some people flip flop between over and under , making them hypocrites but there's no discrimination(?) against each other. 
 
So practically, all this is "club culture".
 
 I guess Zico and BYG decided to be famous. Zico (leader & rapper of Block B) and BYG (leader & rapper of B.A.P) both partcipated in "underground" rapping. 
 
Zico is known for recordings of many of his mix-tapes ( I don't think any of them were published officially to the public) and he performed as Zico.
 
BYG performed under the name of Jepp Blackman. ( I don't think any of BYG's were officially "published" to the public either.)
 
{ I kind of think it's because the "songs" are all about how bad the society is and shouldn't be heard by the mass so freely. They could put age limits on it but because of how accessible music is, but still, they usually don't "publish" it officially. }