Hidden Darkness

Managing You & Me

It's pitch black.. Where am I?

 
My throat is jammed with a rough chemical sensation, there's one of those dazed headaches radiating inside me, and my mouth is- 
Duct taped? 
 
My hands are bound together- 
My legs can't move either.
 
The surrounding felt somewhat natural to me. 
My dad taught me to survive no matter what. 
So here we go-
 
Rule number one : Keep Calm and Don't Scream. 
 
The people in horror movies freak out and give away their hiding positions by screaming like retarded idiots, their main cause of death. 
 
Rule two: Listen and observe the surrounding
 
I could sense that I was wrapped in some kind of "kidnapping" sack and the vibration felt like I was in a car- a van possibly. 
 
Typical kidnapping situation here.
 
I strained my ears, trying to catch any kind of noise. 
Bingo.
 
A guy was talking on the phone, his muffled voice coming from a mask-covered face. 
 
"Boss- we got her- yes sir." One guy said, pausing after answers.
 
I heard the phone move to another person. 
 
So there's two guys so far- 
Easy enough. 
 
"Yes sir. We are on our way." 
A deep, rumbling voice spoke and hung up. 
 
"Go check on the girl- don't harm her." The deep voice commanded. 
 
Should I pretend like I'm asleep? Probably, but my eyes didn't dare to close.
Another instinct- I want to see the kidnapper's face.  
They said "don't harm her" so I have nothing to lose. Nothing. 
 
Their boss probably wants to kill me and if they kill me first, well, their lives are over too. 
 
Typical murderer system. 
 
I sensed the movement of my little "sack" and brightness of the sun from the vehicle window shone through the opening. 
 
I looked up, catching a glimpse of one of the kidnapper. His eyes caught mine and he was speechless. His gaze was fixed on me, paralyzed as I started to get out of the sack.
 
I squirmed and crawled out of my kidnapping sack and plopped down into a sitting position next to the frozen kidnapper.
 
His muscles were tensed up and he was genuinely scared. 
This narrowed down his status to : ground soldier, meant to do dirty work, scared of boss, and clueless to what he's suppose to do. 
 
I guess he won't protest when I take off my duct tape from my clamped mouth. 
I mean, I just literally got out of the sack as if it's the world's most casual thing to do.
I gingerly took off the sticky seal, being careful not to take off a layer of skin. 
 
The kidnapper just stared at me, shocked at how natural/odd I was acting.
 
"Ah- now that's better-" I softly breathed, being noted that the guy driving this van is in a higher ranking than the paralyzed guy sitting next to me, therefore the guys next to me doesn't want the other guy to know that I'm awake and he "let" me out.
 
"Wh-wha-what?" The guy fumbled and stuttered, confused at how natural I was acting, considering the fact that they could slit my throat in any second. 
 
"Hi. My name's Baek Ahn ah. What's yours?" I introduced with a smile. I stuck out my tied hands to his direction , formally asking him to shake it. 
 
The guy was still shocked and something definitely weird was happening. 
 
Well- that's a piece of me for you. 
Raised by a top-secret cop dad, super agent mom. 
You get the wonderful kid. 
 
I wasn't very patient at a time like this and I reached for his hand and shook it. 
 
"Your name?" I asked once more, peeking around to see if the other driving guy could hear. 
Nope. We're all good.
 
".. Why would I tell you?" He asked, caution embedded in his tone. 
 
"Because I told you mine?" I back-talked, observing the guys's features. 
 
Blonde hair- strong eyes, 
Small build for a kidnapping male,
The lower half of his face covered with a black thorn- embellished leather mask. 
He looked around my age, around 16-17 weirdly enough. Young kidnapper.
 
I know him -my consiousness spoke, somewhat out of time.
 
"-----------" his answer was muffled. 
"What?" I asked again, not catching on to his answer.
 
"-------------" he mumbled again, worried what would happen if he gave out his name. He wanted to keep his name a bit more private as a kidnapper.
 
"I'll scream in 3 seconds if you don't give me a legitimate name." I stated, glancing at the guy driving, threatening the kidnapper next to me to give me a proper answer. 
 
"One- Two," No answer. Well this guy's a goner. 
I secretely had a plan in my mind, to scream and startle them and jump out of the car. 
 
Simple and easy.
 
This guy is vulnerable enough for me to pass by.
 
" Three " I counted the last number, ready to scream my head off. Figuratively speaking.
For now.
 
"AH-" 
 
My scream was cut off and finished somewhere I didn't expect it to. 
The least place I wanted it to- 
 
What the FREAK?!! 
 
The guy shoved down his mask and revealed his full face but before I could capture it, my screaming plan and my voice was lost all together in the guy's ING mouth. 
 
His lips covered mine, preventing any noise from me to exit out. 
 
A stranger- well- an aquaintance who wants to murder me, is kissing me. 
 
He could have used his hand to silence me- 
But I guess he knew I'd chomp off a finger if I had to. 
Well played stranger. Well played.
 
His eyes were shut close and mine were wide open. 
WHAT THE HOLY MOTHERFUGGIN SHI;@%#+@:\ 
IS HAPPENING? 
 
With the last bit of my chemically- crumbling strength, I managed to push him off my not-so--anymore lips. 
 
ASDFGHKL$&+%#_$@/:
 
 MY LIPSSSS MY HOLY LIPPPSSS !! 
MAH LIPPPPSSSS
 
I panicked as the guy leaned in towards me again. 
Instead of kissing me this time, his now masked face was millimeters away from mine. 
"Threaten me -and I'll kiss you again."
 
I gulped down a ball of spit.
What kind of ing kidnapper is he?!?! 
 
"My name's ---------" he answered, a playful smirk placed on his pleasan- AHEM- cursed lips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I am 100% positively sure that I heard him correct this time- 
Why is it that I can't remeber ... It?
 
My eyes flew open and the view to my kitchen was in my sight. 
 
What- 
 
I clutched my throbbing head. 
Was that a dream? 
 
It was too real- 
Could it be.... Another.. Flashback? 
HOLY CHEESECAKES. 
(ASDFGHJKL&$%#*@)
 
I stood up, trying to gather all the bits and pieces. 
I could replay the dream over and over again, which means it's one of my cut-off memories.
 
More than a dream.
It has happened before.
 
So what happened next? 
Who were those paifully familiar kidnappers?! 
What was his name?
 
Questions stormed inside my painful head, now throbbing in a undescribeable pain. 
Why is this suddenly coming back to me?
Why is it jumping at me out of nowhere?!
(like srsly T_T)
 
I clenched my teeth together and fought to remeber the guy's face. 
 
That kiss- 
It's... Familiar..?
 
My head went blank, empty of all memories, but a image surfaced.
 
No. no. no.
It can't be- 
 
It was a image of him-
Blonde hair, strong eyes
What? 
No- it just can't be it's impossible. 
 
I ran to my room to change. 
There's another puzzle I have to crack and I need to know the truth cold truth. 
No matter how cold and hidden it may be.
Like, NOW.
 
I'm sorry Jinyoung oppa-
I'm breaking our promise.
I can't sit around and be oblivious of my life.
I have to know. 
Or I'll just hurt the people around me like last time where I endlessly hurt you. 
 
And this time, I have a feeling it's about someone I love - , that there's a forbidden memory keeping me and him seperated. 
 
Slinging on my leather jacket, I let out a shuddering breath.
 
If there's one thing I know sure of- 
 
I cut a piece of duct tape and stuck it on to my mouth.
 
-There's one way to find out.
 
Time to find Mr.Kissing Kidnapper.
 
 
----------------------------------
 
I knocked on the B.A.P dorm door like a madman. 
 
"Who is it?" Yongguk oppa's deep voice rumbled.
Deep voice-
Hold up. This is too unbelieveable.
 
...... I'll question him later. 
 
The door opened and I held up a piece of paper into Yongguk oppa's confused view.
 
"I need Daehyun oppa" it read, and earned a approving nod from the confused Yongguk oppa. 
 
"DAEHYUN!" He called into the dorm. He didn't need to say anything more, for Daehyun's footsteps were running towards them. 
 
"Wh-why is your mouth duct taped?" Yongguk oppa asked, the uncomfortableness obviously visible to my suspicious eyes.  
 
I quickly shrugged it off and focused back to the more important matter. 
I was more than willing to do this test I set up, half into it and half denying the possibility. 
 
"Did you call m-" Daehyun's question stopped as he saw me. 
 
"Wh-why are you duct taped?" Daehyun stuttered, obviously more uncomfortable than Yongguk oppa. 
 
I took his hand and dragged him to my dorm. 
 
I led him to the living room couch and he took a seat and I took a seat next to him, just like the van. 
 
Here goes nothing- 
I kind of DON'T care if I look like a psycopathic maniac. 
Well- too late.
 
I picked up a mask I borrowed from the B.A.P oppas a long time ago, probably Daehyun oppa's.
I put it on him- just like the van. 
 
Replaying the scene, I ripped out my duct tape. Then, I moved through the flashback as I stuck out a hand to him.
 
"Hi my name's Baek Ahn ah. What's your's?" I asked, repeating a question. More my actions advanced, More certainty showed up. Proving that Daehyun oppa might be-
 
"Ahn ah- Stop this- What are you doing?" Daehyun oppa's serious tone tried cutting me off, a pleading and frustrated voice coming from him. 
 
"No- oppa I have to know-" I thought and pushed on, trying to remeber some more. 
My head felt like bursting open.
 
"Stop it! You can't do this Ahn ah!" He yelled, making me wince in pain. 
The head pain grew, almost unbearable.  
 
I'm almost done-  a bit more-
 
I shoved down Daehyun oppa's mask and pulled him in, smashing my lips on to his. 
 
Bingo. 
Perfect match. 
It's him.
He's my kidnapper-
 
The pain in my head sent out a whimper as he pushed me away. 
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" He yelled, his voice booming. He stood up as if heading for the exit.
 
I was scared of him acting like this, but at least I know he's the guy from my memory. 
 
"Ha- so your name is Daehyun......Why- why did you kidnap me?" 
I bitterly whimpered, the pain jabbing out more and more memories in my head.
 
His voice found no words to speak and he sat back down and roughly wrapped me in his arms. 
 
Another weak whimper escaped my throat, pushing the pain more.
 
"Make it stop- make it stop oppa" 
I croaked out, the pain overtaking me. "I'm sorry oppa- I'm sorry" I repeated over and over again. 
"I was being selfish I'm sorry" I cried, tears of pain flowing down. 
 
"Ahn ah... It's okay don't cry- I'll make the pain go away- please stop trying to remeber-" he cooed, half calming himself. 
 
The person he loved so much was literally beating herself up mentally and all he could do was embrace her and speak calming words. He felt worthless. 
 
"I'm sorry.... I'm sorry" I sobbed, guilt and pain stricking me again. 
 
"He's taking away your pain" My conciousness spoke.
"He's bringing back the pain" the cold heart retorted. 
 
I winced at the sudden battle between my emotions. Daehyun oppa just held me and kissed my wet cheeks as I sobbed on and on. 
 
What happened between us? 
Why was Daehyun oppa and possibly- Yongguk oppa there?
 
***********Daehyun's Story**********
 
Fear attacked me head on, starting from when Yongguk hyung called me.
 
Ahn ah looked too familiar. 
The duct tape, the leather jacket. 
As if she just came out from my memories of 3 years ago- 
When she was 16....
I was there- I was 17 and I watched terrible things happen to her- 
 
Ahn ah took my hand and dragged me to her dorm. 
 
I tried to deny the fact that this is what I feared the most coming true. 
 
I wanted-needed her to stop. 
I could see her tremble from the traumatic pain. 
 
She crashed her lips into mine and uncontrollably pressed on to it. 
I could sense her tears of pain screaming to escape. 
 
Damn- why is she so stubborn?
 
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" I yelled, thinking about leaving so she can stop the pain. 
But the pain already started-
The chemical is kicking in.
The chemical I was ordered to put into her 3 years ago- to drug her to sleep
I felt like I'm the one stabbing her everytime she whimpered in pain-
 
I held her and spoke words of comfort, having no effect on either her or me.
 
If the kiss back then brought her pain, a kiss now can make it go away. 
 
Without another hesistation, I pressed my lips on to hers. 
I could feel her temeperature cool down and the wild off-rhythm hearteats subside into a normal one. 
 
Why can't she just stop?
I don't want her to know- 
Does she know about Yong...guk hyung? 
 
"How much do you know?" I asked after a long pause of silence.
 
"-When we first met" She feebly laughed, stinging my heart in guilt.
 
"And after that?" I questioned, hoping she doesn't know more. 
 
"You kissed me and I freaked out." 
She muttered, disappointment in her voice. 
 
Why can't she just let it go? Why is she hurting herself?
 
"Why do you want to remeber?" I asked, frustrated at her stupid stubborn behavior.
 
"So you can stop pretending like nothing happend." She responded, the innocence in her voice breaking my heart. 
 
She's fighting back her past in uncontrollable pain and she doesn't mind- 
Just so she can see me smile-
 
"But I want to pretend like nothing happend babo" A thin layer of false honesty was coating my statement ... Just why?
 
I managed a smile as a tear broke and fell. 
Thank you Ahn ah. 
For loving someone who knows only to hurt you.
That's all I ever did. 
I hurt her all the time yet she never hated me.
I'd leave her for weeks on end with no phone calls, and she'd still be waiting for me on the other end. 
 
"Oppa- look at me-" Ahn ah's angelic voice turned my head around, her delicate hands holding my face to her direction.
 
"It's okay-" She tried to console ME.
the girl fighting a deadly traumatic pain is comforting me....
 
"It's not me that needs comforting babo!" I whined, acting like a helpless kid in front of her. 
 
Would she still be waiting for me , loving me the same if she knew the truth of her past? 
She'd probably go back to Jinyoung-
and I don't want her to. 
 
But beyond these feelings- 
Ahn ah has to be kept safe. 
Danger is on its way now-
Too late for any of us to change it back.
Please- take her pain away, permenantly. 
 
Please-
 
For the first time in my life- 
I am scared.
 
******** end of Daehyun's Story****
 
 
 
-----------------------------------
 
 
I was sitting up in the edge of my couch as my hands then placed themselves on  Daehyun oppa's tired face, sleeping on the couch. 
 
{No, erted readers- nothing happened over night. NO Ahn ah did not him! 
 Mmmmhhhhmmmm *dirty smile* }
 
After slapping the retarded author, I went back to just watching the sunlight kiss Daehyun oppa-
his blonde hair tossed around carelessly, the color blending perfectly with the elegant sunlight. 
 
My fingers gently traveled to the beautiful lips- 
His lips brought me back my flashbacks. 
 
So yeah- turns out that's how I met him. The kissing stranger turns out to be my boyfriend.
 
But HOW?!?! 
That question probably frustrates you too.
It frustrates the HELL out of me.
Endless headaches, screaming torture- 
it's probably a past I don't want to know-
but I can't STOP thinking it has to do with my father's death and EVERYTHING. 
Mom-
Dad- 
They didn't die for a stupid reason, and the secret is locked inside my forbidden memories, which will never STOP just freaking bothering meand hurting the hell out of my injured head.
Just when I thought my life would simmer down to quiet , respectful peace, fate decides to turn its game up on me again. 
 
But now I'm starting to think it's just more than coincedence. 
More than just random flashbacks happening. 
 
As if the flashbacks were planned- 
But that's impossible right?
 
I brush away the creepy thought and reutrn back to the heart warming reality. 
Daehyun oppa's eyes flickered open, squinted in a cute way at the blinding light. 
His frown turned into a smile when he saw me and his arms pulled me into him. 
 
I buried my head into his chest.
at least Daehyun oppa's here, and that's all I can ask to deserve for in my jacked up life.
"Don't you wish moments like this would freeze oppa?"
 
"Maybe- I just know that no matter how time screws up, I'll always love you"
Daehyun oppa's husky morning voice shot sparks to my heart, the cheesy feeling of the confession brought red hues on my cheeks. 
 
I raised my head to face his and giggled, the pain from yesterday all gone and diminished away into this blissful moment.
 
***** Your Story******
 
Beneath the pleasant atmosphere, protected by a blanket of love, a dagger was ready to pierce through and rip the bound hearts apart- 
In the most painful way possible-
Again,
 
Just like it did to Jinyoung.
 
Fate smiled at its mastermind plan, ready to take action. 
He wasn't ready to let Her go so easily after what she'd done to him. 
 
Come closer Ahn ah. 
Close enough for you to stab yourself in the knife of guilt. 
 
It will ruin you like it ruined me- 
The unforgettable split of the heart. 
 
The dark room filled up with such a eery glow- 
Walls seemed to be shivering in fear around the cold,heartless man they were centered around. 
 
The cold air froze still, as if holding its own breath as the man dialed the numbers on his phone
 
"It's time for you to get your treasure back"
 
The reciever of the call grinned, sanity nowhere to be seen.
He didn't care- it's been long since he did.
As long as he gets what he needs- 
His treasure. 
 
"Yes sir" he replied, earning a pleasant satifaction from the caller. 
 
Two evil smiles appeared on their cold-hearted faces. 
The were heading towards their final target: 
 
Baek Ahn ah
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: 
 
I feel like this is the fastest pace the story can go. because of it's big amount of content.
 
But the reason I consistently urge on the painful subject is because it practically explains EVERYTHING. 
 
And these painful moments lead up to who Ahn ah is now, as a character and survivor. 
 
Keep Calm and Imaginneee :))) 
 
BTW! Personal info- I have a kik if you want to talk to me ^.^ (or virtually slap me of how complicated everything got in this fic)
Kik : Asian_Blondie