Finale.

Managing You & Me

 

I wanted to say an appropriate farewell to my first fanfic, so here is a super long chapter of Daehyun's afterstory. 
The final finale.
 
 
 
 
Daehyun's Story : 
 
"I love you Daehyun"
The beautiful words escaped her delicate lips, embedding words straight into my heart. 
 
Her long, black hair, that was lightly perfumed with a heavenly coffee and sugar scent,
Porcelain-tinted skin, 
Waist that curved perfectly in my arms, 
and those ruby-red, cherry-like lips that I wanted to taste ober and over again. 
 
She was telling me that she loved me. 
This perfect half, telling me she loved me with every breath. 
 
I hugged her and kissed her softly lined nose, pecking her cheeks and caressing her face. 
I took her delicious lips in mine, at her lower lip for an enterance to her sweet taste. 
 
She smiled into the kiss, giving me access. I slipped my tongue in with zero hesitation, exploring every single drop of her.
 
After parting from our passionate lock of lips, she pointed to a floating plate behind me. 
"I made you cheesecake Daehyunnie- Eat and go sing. Kay? " She giggled, pecking a kiss on my cheek.
 
Then, I whispered back :
"I love you my cheesecake."
 
Then I fell out of a cloud and landed on something hard. 
 
~~~~
 
"Yah Daehyun! How many times do I have to knock you off the bed to wake your lazy up every morning?" 
Youngjae snapped, throwing me an annoyed glare as he rambled on, mid-slap of a pillow to sleeping Zelo's face. 
 
"Aish"
I muttered, rubbing my aching head. 
Sometimes I hate Youngjae for waking me up, but without him, B.A.P would have a reputation for being lazy-asses. 
So you can't hate him. 
 
I rolled into the bathroom and got ready for another day of work. 
 
... Just when I dreamed of her again.
I haven't dreamed of her ever since I met Ahn ah, but now she's back in my head.... 
 
Aish. 
Why does she have to be so perfect and... Non-existent??
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
*ggggggrrrrrrrrrr* 
 
"Okay, that's it. Daehyun, GO EAT." 
 
Nobody had to say another word. 
Yongguk hyung's command sent me sprinting to fill my hungry stomach. 
 
Cheesecake-
I need cheesecake.
 
Without really thinking, I ran to the nearest cafe. 
Of course. 
 
It had to be THIS cafe. 
 
I chose the ....strawberry cheesecake, trying to let my growing hunger overcome the pain beneathe it. 
 
I stood on the familiar indention of the wall while waiting for my order. 
 
This was Ahn ah's favorite waiting spot- where I wiped her tears, caused by who is now her once-again boyfriend, none other than my own step-brother. 
I'm not mad at them- I'm happy for them-
I'm only mad at what became of me. 
Just a guy who loved Ahn ah, used and thrown away like a accessory. 
 
"Yah!! Your cheesecake!"
 
An angel-like voice called to me, somewhat in a pissed manner, waking me up from the mini-flashback of sorrow.
A pissed off angel-? What?
 
I shot a rushed look of apology, and my eyes landed on a girl with her cafe apron caked with white flour, the ingredient smudged on her face. 
 
I took my plate from her and by some kind of habit, I pulled on my hoodie sleeve and wiped off the flour on her softly-lined nose. 
 
My gaze slowly traveled across her porcelain-tinted face, so soft under my touch. Her brown eyes widend in surprise,and the doe-like eyelashes fluttered against the cafe's warm lighting. 
Her ruby-red lips were parted, the sharp intake of breath heaving her small chest upwards.
 
"What the heck are you doing?" 
She hissed, slapping my hand away. 
Her face was the color of the strawberries on my plate.
 
"Did you make this?"
I asked, coming back to my senses and retracting my hand away slowly.
 
"Yeah and don't speak informally to me- I'm older than you, Jung Daehyun." She crossed her arms, scanning the place for any on-lookers.
 
My eyes widended, checking to make sure my mask and hood was in place- How did she know-
 
"I always bake cheesecakes for you here...I was wondering when you'd be back- This is the longest you've gone without cheesecakes." 
She rolled her eyes, flashing her 'B.A.P' engraved bracelet. 
 
"You kept a record?" 
My eyebrows arched, my stomach slowly forgetting the immense hunger. What is this strange connection? 
 
She nodded innocently,shrugging a bit and unconciously tugging at my dead heartstrings. 
 
My heart started to beat again, as if coming back from a deep slumber.
 
"Eat up and go sing. Kay?"
She spoke, handing me a plastic fork.
She wiped her flour- dusty hands on her apron, turning to leave.
 
"Wait! You're a fan?"
I quickly grabbed her wrist. 
I blurted without thinking, and was glad that my face was covered- I think I'm blushing.
 
"You didn't see my custom-made bracelet?"
She let out a laugh, turning back to me and pointing me to an empty booth.
 
Maybe I needed someone.
Someone who'll lead me, instead of me leading all this time. 
Someone I can depend on, a change from everyone depending on me....
 
She sat me down on one side of the booth, while she slid in the other. 
 
"I'm doing this in favor of all BABYz. They want you to be happy and filled with cheesecake. So open up- ah-"
She parted her lips and aimed a forkful of cheesecake into mine. 
 
I pulled down my mask and gladly opened up, gobbling up the delicious treat.
 
Noona sat there smiling, as if she'd already seen me in person millions of times- 
Why is she acting so... Normal?
Then again, why am I acting on familiar terms with her? 
 
"For every scoop of cheesecake, you have to answer a question." 
I offered a deal, secretely hidden with my intention to know her better. 
 
She's a fan, so she knows all about me. 
I know nothing about her. 
It seems like a fair deal to me. 
 
"Go ahead."
She nonchalantly scooped up another forkful of the cheesecake, ready for my question. 
 
"What's your name?" 
I asked boldly. I have a right to know- she knows mine. 
 
"Hmm... This is the funny part Daehyun-ah.... My name is Sohyun. "
She giggled, letting me figure out the rest. 
 
My name in Chinese form*  is : Dae - Big, Hyun- Worthy.
Her name meant : So - small , Hyun- Worthy. 
 
(*many Koreans follow the traditional naming with Chinese characters, the reason why many Korean names are three to four syllables, counting last names, usually in three korean letters.) 
 
She bit her lip, looking at me for any type of resistance from the personally observed information.
I smiled, a good kind of warm feeling spreading through me as she returned a tiny smile. 
Sohyun indeed. 
It's perfect. 
 
This person that I just met only a few minutes ago, stole my heart in a fate-binding spell- 
 is that possible?
How is this possible?!
The more impossible this seems, the more I'm attracted to her- 
As if I've been with her all my life- 
 
Just a few minutes is all it took. 
 
It's like my cheesecakes I ate in my life all came together into a human form, talking to me as naturally as I talk to my cheesecakes.
What the hell am I saying?!
 
"Ah- I better get going... See you around?" 
She shyly spoke, smiling through her nervous actions. She took my empty plate and stood up, preparing to get back to work. 
 
"Yeah. See you around noona." 
I smiled, feeling complete and full for the first time in a long while. 
I waved a goodbye and headed out the cafe doors.
 
Han So Hyun....
Her nametag was visible, and I kept quiet to hear her interpret her name. 
 
She's this perfection that makes my heart malfunction when I get near her, and it's not even the scent of cheesecakes that's causing this lovely faulty. 
 
---------------------------------------
 
"Yah Daehyun! Where you going? I need my wingman~!"
 
"Himchan hyung- you can get pretty much any girl already- take Jongup. I'm out."
I announced and ran out of my workplace and into the Seoul's beautiful night streets. 
The cafe closes in 10 minutes-
She might still be there. 
 
As if attracted by a magnet, my feet propelled itself to the cafe, somehow knowing she'll be there. 
I panted for air and looked into the cafe's outside windows, seeing the empty store and one special person.
 
There she was, a tiny blob inside the cafe, wiping the remaining tables. 
The 'Open' sign was turned off, but I ignored it completely and stepped in. 
 
"Sorry! The cafe's clo-"
Her beautiful eyes stopped on my frame, a smile spreading across her cherry-like lips. 
 
Damn. 
I want to taste it. 
 
"Daehyun..ssi!"
 She spoke formally, putting our aquainted relationship into somewhat of a makeshift formality. 
 
"Sohyun noona- just call me Daehyun." I requested, walking towards her with hands stuffed inside my hoodie pockets. 
 
"But you're a celebrity.. I'm not worthy of your presence" 
She sarcastically responded, retreating back to counter top, heading off into the empty kitchen. 
 
I followed her, shrugging as I answered back,
"Just think of me as Daehyun.. Nothing famous, nothing invisible." 
 
"But you're not. This situation right now, is practically impossible. I'm probably just imagining you right now as we speak." 
 
"But you're not."
I slid my hand out and took hers, bringing it to my lips and kissing the back of her fingers. 
 
She blushed, dropping the towel-rag she was holding in the other hand. 
I grabbed it off the floor and tossed it into the sink. 
 
"Still think you're imagining?"
 I questioned, brushing a loose hair away from her face, slowly tucking it behind her scarlet-red ears.
 
"I... Am I dreaming?" 
She grinned, pinching her cheeks. 
"Ah-yah!* (Ouch!)"
She exclaimed and looked at me with an unbelievable expression. 
 
Cute. I thought, chuckling at her action. 
 
"So, here for another cheesecake?" She asked, blushing shyly. 
 
"Yeah."
 
She seemed to falter a bit at my response, expecting me to respond that I came to see her. 
 
Locking my gaze on to hers, I continued,
"Because you're my cheesecake."
 
She gasped and mouthed out the words, trying to comprehend what I said.
I mentally ran through what I said, feeling like I've said this before somewhere.
 
"I came to see Han Sohyun, a shy cheesecake I wanted to taste."
I improvised the sentence, the unconcious part of me messing with my speech system. 
What the cheesecakes-?!
 
"Yah Jung Daehyun! Stop being cheesy- Don't even try greasy!" 
She joked, trying to hide her tomato-red face. 
 
"I feel like I've known you forever noona... As if we met somewhere."
I scratched my head, hoping she wouldn't take my words as if I had another noona in my life, and I'm comparing her to another. 
Am I?
 
"Mm- maybe it's because we did, maybe not."
She spoke in a mysterious tone, giggling as she slid out of the kitchen. 
 
She turned off the lights of the cafe without warning, leaving me blind by the kitchen enterance.
 
I fumbled around to find my phone, only to feel its absence from my pocket. 
Where did I put- 
 
"Looking for this?"
My phone screen flashed bright, the light radiating Sohyun noona's smirk into my view. 
"I wonder what the passcode is~ hmm" 
She busied herself on my phone's screen lock, thinking she had the upper hand.
 
Moving quickly, I silently shuffled along tables and chairs, not making a sound. I felt my way around blindly, the darkness contrasting her beautiful face all so clearly.
 
I stood behind her, watching my own phone being locked for five minutes. 
Taking the chance, I wrapped my arms around her petite waist, tugging her back on my chest. 
 
She gasped, surprised at my sneak-"attack". 
"Daehyun-ah! This isn't fair~"
She whined, lightly slapping to free my arms. 
 
"Me not being able to contact anybody in this dark building for five minites isn't fair." I laughed, rocking our bodies side to side. 
I hid my face in her hair, the pitch-black color blending with the cafe's darkness.
 Her hairsmelled like coffee and sugar, making me feel already addicted and sugar-high. 
 
"So what do you want to do for five minutes with a fangirl?" 
She asked, slipping my phone back into my pocket. 
 
"I want to love her, and show her how much she makes me happy."
The words slipped off my tongue, feeling like silk rolling off my mouth. 
 
"Maybe I am dreaming, Daehyun, but I don't want this dream to end." She hummed in contentment,reaching back and wrapping an arm around my neck.
 
We were swaying side to side, my feet inching closer to her with every step. My heartbeats boomed inside my chest, which probably made Sohyun noona's small frame vibrate from the impact. 
Her back was tightly planted on to my chest, and my grasp on her waist was still held firmly. 
 
"Sohyun noona."
"Hmm?"
"Do you know me?"
"Is that a question?"
"I mean.. Other than as a fan."
"Maybe... Maybe not..."
"Have we met?"
"I met you, but you haven't met me."
 
My grip loosend, and I grabbed her shoulders to turn her around to face me. 
"What do you mean?" 
I asked, curiosity inching closer by the heartbeat. 
 
"I don't know- I saw you..in ...in dreams, imagines, visions... Even before I was a fan, and before I knew a Jung Daehyun. It was as if... You were a part of me."
 
I stood there silent, my hands dropping from her shoulders. 
Every word she said... 
 
...Then it hit me
I have seen her doe-like eyes once, smelled her hair before, and tasted her ruby-red lips many times- 
All in dreams. 
 
Sohyun noona quickly backed away, her head hanging low. 
"Ah... Miahnhae Daehyun-ssi. I keep feeling like I shouldn't mistake you with the person in my crazy dreams, but, it just feels so... Right." Her voice subsided, changing into a sob. 
 
"Noona- I've seen you before. You- you were in my dreams..!"
I stuttered, kneeling to level with her now curled position.
 
"You don't have to make up stuff to feel sorry for me- I already get that a lot. Miahnhae Daehyun that you had to listen to my crazy crap. I know you want to leave."
She wiped a tear, showing a fake smile. 
"I put a cheesecake in a to-go container by the door. Eat and go sing. Kay?" 
She wiped some more tears, and it hurt to see her cry. 
As if my heart was being torn at the sight. 
 
And I somehow knew how to prove that I wasn't making my dream up. 
 
I cupped her chin and lifted it, facing myself with her sad tears. 
I wiped them with my other hand and brought my face closer,  closing the distance. 
After wiping all her tears, I placed my hand on the wall behind her, pinning her to the small space.
 
Without warning, I molded my mouth into hers, holding back a slight moan from perfection- as if I tasted the world's most delicious cheesecake. 
Sohyun noona tensed under the contact but relaxed as quickly as I held her head, her arms thrown on to my neck.
 
As if on cue, I her lower lip and felt her permission to enter. I easily let my tongue slip in her heavnly mouth, tasting every drop of her.
This is heaven. 
She let a soft moan, arousing my senses to a point where the kiss grew more passionate and deep. 
 
I finally found the urge to let go, on her lips and releasing with a loud plop.
 
"I love you, my cheesecake." 
I spoke, opening my eyes slowly. 
 
She pulled out her hand around from my neck and found mine, bringing it to her chest. 
Under my palm, her heart beat wildly.
She opend her beautful eyes, and with those lips I loved so much, spoke : "I love you Daehyun."
 
I broke out into a grin and kissed her lips again, the life out of her as I planted messy kisses all over her face. 
"You're my other half noona-" 
I blurted between kisses, finally coming back to her red, red lips. 
 
She let out an angelic laugh, grasping my shoulder. 
"Daehyun-ah!!"
She exclaimed, bursting out in giggles. 
 
After what seemed like a dream of seeing her, reality hit me hard. 
I can't let her go- 
This is my golden chance. 
 
"Ah- Sohyun noona."
"Hm?"
"Will you be my mine?"
"I already am, heart and soul."
 
I picked her up and spun her around, both of us full with loving happiness. 
 
And from there started our secret love,  hidden from everyone's grasp. 
( ♪♪ Secret Love _ B.A.P) 
 
-----------------
(6 months later)
 
It was as if two puzzle pieces finally found each other, even when the puzzle existed in only a dream. Love formed reality out of the dream, connecting two puzzle pieces together through fate and luck. 
 
Do you believe in Soul Mates? 
Because even if in a silly daydream, your perfect half stands somewhere, waiting to be found. 
They are closer than you can imagine, yet futher they seem to stand.
 
Maybe your half is a world apart, or just a few steps away, but never forget to see what's right in front of you- walking blind can lead you to miss the beautiful scenery - then you will find the shining jewel through rough paths and heavy stones. 
 
What's the fun in love when there's nothing to seek? 
It's how you find it that brings such fast heartbeats and overwhelming emotions -and make you forget the pain created by the pain brought from previous journeys and heart breaking stopping points. 
 
"Where have you been all my life?" I whispered, placing my forehead in contact with hers.
 
We were having one of our dates, but today is a bit different. 
I called all the B.A.P members to formally discuss the idea I had for some time now.
 
"I was just a street corner away, that's all." She held my hands and gave a brief squeeze, her cute actions driving me crazy. 
 
And I knew all along that right then and there, I had found my own angel - my missing heart. 
 
"Now what are we gonna do B.A.P's main vocal? We're in hell of a trouble." Sohyun noona smirked, pointing out the reality that contrasted against our perfect love.
 
"Think the public will find our story crazy enough?" I chuckled at the thought of actually confessing to the media that I dreamt of a girl almost my entire life, and I found her. 
And this time, I'm not going to hide this fate like a coward. 
 
"It's complicated", giggled Sohyun noona, now looking at the time.
"We have some time left until tomorrow's interview- I'm fine pretending like I'm just a mediocre fangirl and nothing more" 
 
"But I'm not" I countered, knowing all too well that a secret relationship will only cause greater emotional pains- 
It'll hurt her more than anything, and I can't risk any single possibility of hurting her.
All the things you can't do, all the things you could have done adds up to too much heartbreak.
 
"I don't want to burden you Daehyun.. It's not right for me to."
Sohyun noona bit her lower lip, hands nervously clenched on her lap. 
 
"Hiding the fact that my heart is taken by the only person it will be taken by is very burdensome. Alleviate me of this pain?" I asked, seeing her tiny smile I loved so much. 
 
She sighed and surrendered, nodding and shaking her head at my stubborn persistence. 
"Fine. But if fans start throwing rocks at you, you asked for it." 
She smirked, flicking my nose.
 
"Save the baby-talks for later?"
A snide remark came from behind us, the figure approaching closer with 4 more behind him. 
 
"Sohyun noonnaaa!" Zelo exclaimed.
"Hey Sohyun" Yongguk hyung greeted. 
"How's our pretty doing?" Himchan hyung smiled, and I threw him a glare. 
"Noona is too brave." Jongup sighed, his fear of us dating setting the tone for his stance. 
 
"Oh so you guys are here" I spoke blandly, just blinking at them. 
Sohyun noona laughed and smacked my hand, giving me a look that I should acknowledge them more. 
"Kidding-" I smiled, Sohyun noona's pleased smile making butterflies flutter inside my heart. 
 
"Ew. Like I said-  Save it."
Youngjae snapped, looking around the café for onlookers or presence-consious fans.
 
"Okay guys. Sit. We're having serious talk today." Sohyun noona gestured. 
 
Taking the hint, Yongguk and Himchan hyung immediately sat, crouching over the table. 
Zelo had ordered tomato juice, sipping it as he slid in with Jongup in front of him. 
Youngjae rolled his eyes and slid in the booth, getting into his serious mode. 
 
"So what's up?" Yongguk hyung asked, his tone informing me that he already has a prediction as to what this conversation was about. 
 
"I'm going to confess my relationship with Sohyun noona." 
 
As if already notified, the B.A.P members all congratulated me, Himchan hyung asking me what took me so long. 
 
--------
 
And so the date came, the date of the interview.
 
"So, Do you guys have anything to say to your fans?" The interviewer asked.
 
"Yes- Daehyun has something important to say." Yongguk hyung led on, urging me.
Jongup patted my back, and Youngjae nudged my shoulder. 
 
I took a deep breath, and let my emotions speak.
" I, Jung Daehyun, is in a fully committed relationship with a special girl. Her name is Han Sohyun, and I love her with all my heart. I know each and every BABY is a cool one, so please support us and love B.A.P. Gomaweo* (thanks) BABYz!" 
I stated, looking directly into the camera.
 
When the interview was over, I found myself feeling light and free from a suffocsting constraint I had been in.
I flipped my phone out and pressed the "tweet" button.
 
The post read : 
"My love and I have been together for 7 months today. 
Thank you BABYz for supporting us! "
 
I smiled at the attached photo, the one we took on our first month-a-versary date.
 
"Good job Daehyun. I'm proud of you." Yongguk hyung spoke, patting my shoulder. 
We were in the van, reaching my destination.
"You were cool hyung. Go get your girl now." Jongup smirked, urging me out of the van. 
"Arasso arasso* (alright alright)"
 I muttered, hiding my fluttering stomach.
 
Himchan hyung pushed the bouquet of flowers and polarized pictures into my grasp as I hopped out of the vehicle. 
This is it- 
My final confession. 
 
I walked on, straightening my shirt. 
From the grassy area of the park, I approached the lovely girl standing near her favortie tree. 
She heard my footsteps and turned around, the sunlight blessing her beautiful face as she smiled at me. 
 
I approached closer her, my heart beating like a rabbit's.
 
"Daehyun" She called out, her voice sounding like the world's most beautiful melody to my ears. 
"What's this about?" She laughed, trying to peek at the item I hid behind my back. 
 
This is it.
I knelt down on one knee, raising the bouquet. 
 
"Han So hyun, will you officially be my girlfriend?" 
 
She laughed, nodding happily. 
"Yes you idiot cheesecake babo!" 
She grasped the bouquet and smiled, looking like the happiest girl on Earth. 
 
I stood up and embraced her, holding her in my arms with nothing to hide anymore. 
 
"I love you my cheesecake" I whispered. 
"I love you too Daehyun." 
She spoke back. 
 
 
_ The End_