Super Newbie

Managing You & Me

The first thing that comes into my sleep-blurred vision is the number one victim of my poor sleeping habits : Mr.Alarm clock.

"SHOOT! I'M LATE!!!"  
 
I race downstairs, wolf down my breakfast, wash up, and change out of my PJs.
I run for my life to the bus stop and see the bus pull up right at that second. I climb on aboard and plop down unto an empty seat.
 
Phew! Made it! Today's my first day of a job and I almost overslept.. Geez 
 
As soon as I twist on my earbuds, the usual,welcoming introductory flashback rolls in my mind.
 
4 years ago, my father had been shot to death from his police work and my mom decided we would move to America.
Following the devastating loss, only 3 years ago , My mom and I got in a car wreck.
I survived, she didn't.
Or so I've been told.
I don't really remeber anything about my childhood other than that.... I think I mentally forgot about my whole life cuz it's depressing enough.
Such a giddy backstory
..... I know right?
 
At my mom's funeral, I didn't know any relatives and I was crying my heart out, like a helpless weak little kid,when a lifesaver was thrown into the sea of sadness I was drowning in.
The lifesaver was my mom's sister, my aunt, whom I never seen before, yet saved my life like a savior.
 
I moved with auntie , back to South Korea where she welcomed me into her family and her daughter Dakyung, (my cousin) who was 4 years older than me, and I accepted them as my mom and sister from then on.
A pretty messed up life, I know, but it could have been a lot worse...
At least that's what I think for my own good.
 
Anyywayyss.. Today, Dakyung unnie* told me that I was hired for a managing job.
 I honestly don't know ANY details about it..something about an idol group.. and since I needed a job, I decided to give it a go.
 
How bad can it be?
 
The bus screeches to a halt and I get off the bus. I look around where I was, but Dakyung Unnie was nowhere to be seen.
 
I snapped out my iPhone and called her. She picks up her phone.
 
"Hello?" Unnie answers
 
"Unnie! Its me! I'm at the bus stop right now and where am I suppose to go from here?"
 
Unnie replies, "Wait for me there I'll be there in less than 5 min!"
 
Replying with a simple "Okay", I hung up.
 
Dakyung unnie is my cousin/ legal-sister who works her off her job. I respect that she has passion for managing whatever she manages, and that she's always looking out for me. She's the best unnie anyone could dream of.
 
Out of nowhere, a white van noticably swerves and stops in front of me. Uhhh.. Could.. It be..?
 
Yup.
 
That's Dakyung unnie alright.
 
The doors of the van opens and suddenly I hear ~~~
"KYAAAHHH IT'S THE OPPAS!!!!! OPPPPAA!!!!"
And a swarm of crazed girls covered the people, waving at them in frantic motions.
 
I didn't miss the familar figure slipping out from the other side of the van, dodging the swarm of fangirls. 
Unnie walks towards me and casually says,"a bit loud huh?"
 
I said, " Unnie! You could have told me to come to where ever you were! Why did you have to make a roaring crowd for it?!? "
 
She shrugged her shoulders, smiled and said,
"Sometimes fan services are needed here and there~~ welcome to the Korean idol business!"
 
I roll my eyes and laugh as we start walking inwards Seoul city.
                                                                     
---------------------------   
 
"I decided to give you a mini tour around the place so you can get used to the surroundings, so I told the van to go ahead without me" Dakyung unnie said cheerfully.
 
Unnie has been working in a entertainment company called WM since she graduated from highschool.
She wasn't the type to sit around a classroom and pay tons for a whole bunch of crap that wouldn't apply to her in her later life, especially when she was secured a job in a new entertainment company.
Now she's 25, which practically means she knows the official 'do's and don'ts.
Unnie starts explaining things that goes around the place from basic everyday rules to simple instructions. 
 
"Memorize a few of these places I circled in the map and you'll meet your clients tomorrow. I think you'll like them."
 
I took in every single word she said and stopped at the word "clients". Without hesitating, I asked-
 
"I thought I was just helping you?"
 
Dakyung replied ,
 
"Yeah I'm still going to do most of the work,but the clients' popularity has risen and I can't manage everything at once, so I need help. and that sometimes you're going to have to be responsible for those reckless children~~~"
she faded her sentence off.
 
"...reckless children...?" I asked.
 
Unnie just shrugged and evilly giggled it off.