2. || Meet My Brother & SHINee

Shy Girl (Re-Released. New update is here!!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Your best friend decided to introduce you to the rest of the guys too now she was at it. "Guys this is my friend Sora, who is in the same college as me" JeeSun started. "Well this is Onew, he's the leader of the group. This is Taemin, he is the baby". "I am not a baby" Taemin defended himself feeling slightly embarrassed he was even called one. "This right here is Key" JeeSun continued as she was going from left to right. "And last but not least, this sporty guy here is Minho". With all their eyes on you, you shook all their hands one by one. This was probably the closest you'll ever got to such handsome looking boys, they all must have girlfriends and if not, they most definitely have admirers. "So now you have met all of the band members" JeeSun bluntly sing-songed. You blinked not sure if you heard it right. They're in a band? "Band members?" you mumbled giving your best friend a confused look. JeeSun nodded "Yea, you don't know them?" and rather looked surprised you didn't recognize any of them. "No?" you answered a little dumbfounded. "No wait" JeeSun started waving her hands. "You don't know SHINee?" she asked you since she couldn't believe you didn't since they were quite known in Asia and to her, everyone she knew, knew them. "I guess the name does ring a bell, but that's it. I'm sorry" you added feeling somewhat embarrassed. "I can’t really believe you’re the first one to say I know who doesn’t know them” JeeSun sing-songed. “But well, there’s a first time for everything. Now you know”.

 

"How old is she?" Jonghyun whispered in his sister's ear clearly interested to find out more about you. "OMG" JeeSun replied looking at her brother with big eyes. "Why do you want to know?" Jonghyun raised his shoulders. "I think she is cute" he confessed with a never ending grin on his face. "No no" JeeSun tapped her brother on the shoulders. "This is where I’ll have to step up and tell you that she’s too good and too sweet for you". "Oh really?" Jonghyun frowned at his sister. “Shouldn’t you be taking my side?” he joked, but could tell by JeeSun’s facial expression that she wasn’t messing around and was more than genuine with her answer. While JeeSun was busy talking to her brother about you, you looked around for a place to sit down, but there really wasn’t any seat left. Taemin noticed your wandering expression and got off from his chair ready to offer you his place “You can sit here if you want?” You gave him a confused look searching for the right words. “But what about you? Don’t you want to sit down anymore?” Taemin gave you an assuring smile “I will get another chair”. You smiled back at the youngster sitting yourself down between Onew and Key. 'How can I prevent myself from embarrassing myself sitting between these good looking guys that smell good too?' You didn’t know but you had to try, no matter how unnatural it was to you being at this BBQ in the first place.

 

Key noticed you were feeling somewhat uneasy and gave you that kind of smile that was messing even more with you than you wanted. No matter what, your momma told you to be polite, so you did what you were told: smile back. "Sora?!!" JeeSun startled you with her sudden verbal bombs. "What would you like to drink?" "Oh, ehm, you have some lemonade?" you answered wondering if it was the right thing to say. You never were the kind of girl to fit in anywhere, but it made it that much harder for you to answer the most simple questions. “Sure. We all drink ice cold lemonade and it’s homemade. Just make yourself and grab anything you like” your friend offered. “Okay” you slightly nodded getting up as you grabbed a plastic cup to fill it up with lemonade and sat back down again as soon as you could. God, even standing up in front of these boys made you feel out of place. "You live in Seoul?" Key suddenly started breaking the silence clearly talking to you. "Me?" you answered somewhat surprised yet a little dumbfounded looking at Key not exactly expecting someone other than JeeSun to talk to you in the first place. Key chuckled “Yea you” and took a small sip from his lemonade. “Sorry that was a little embarrassing wasn’t it?” you chuckled ready to laugh at your own stupidity. “But yes, born and raised”. Key lightly nodded his head giving you a suspicious look. “You wouldn’t tell. Mind my straightforwardness, but you don’t look very Korean. Not full at least” and couldn’t stop looking at you making you more nervous than you already were. Was he studying you?

 

“Well my mom is a full blood Korean, but my biological dad is half Canadian, half Japanese. Maybe that explains?” you explained avoiding all the eye contact you could staring at the now empty plastic cup in your hands. “Do you want me to refill that for you?” Key offered as he noticed you were staring at the empty bottom. You shook your head in amusement. “Sorry, I am not so used to being around so many people at the same time. I am just a little nervous” you confessed. Key gave you an assuring smile instead “You really have nothing to be nervous about. We’re just a bunch of normal guys with crazy schedules” he joked. ‘Yeah easy for you to say’ you mumbled silently in your head. ‘You have no idea what it feels to be a girl’. “Here you go” Key smiled giving you a new cup with lemonade. “Thanks” you smiled feeling a little bit more at ease. For the first time since you arrived at this BBQ, someone other than your friend JeeSun made you feel right at home and a lot more at ease. “You’re in the same classes as JeeSun then?” Key continu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter